• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
luhr3DO.png

I don't even.... the fuck is this shit. Look at the damage roll... my god. Lowest possible min roll. Because of that even rolling a socket into it wouldn't make it any good. God damn it. Took me forever to get a darn shard.

My barb (which was in the same group mentioned above) also has trouble solo on T1. My biggest issue is that I'm relying on exploding cleave to clear groups but then lacking a targeted attack to clear elites/bosses. I'm really missing life steal in those instances. I have to run away a lot. This is with 280K base damage and 5.9M base toughness.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jkanownik-1671/hero/4389090

Yeah we smoked through stuff last night in group though!!!!

Man, I did that one last night. What a pain. The first couple rounds were fine, but the last one with the boss sucked so hard.

Yeah the fight always gravitates to the center too where all 4 flames hot you at once. Real bitch.

Boogdud

something might be off, but it's definitely not reversed. vsync enabled and I get a little stuttering here and there. vsync disabled and it's the holy hell of all tearing.

Yeah we've kind of come to a consensus that it's a gsync specific issue. I meant to say gsync is working the opposite of what it should. Pre-2.0 it worked correctly (gsync worked with vsync off) and now it only works with it enabled (which shouldn't be possible).

mileS

I know it was posted a while ago but can someone link me the adventure mode only leg loot table again? I lost the site.

Shouta

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

DPS jumped up ridiculously last night about 2x from 150k to 300k. I beat Act V solo on Master and then I jumped over to T1 for Adventure mode. Picked up a 2805 DPS 2H "Balance" for my Monk but it didn't have the necessary stats and I didn't have enough materials to re-roll it at the mystic. So I'm sticking with these two weapons. The LOH is essential to surviving as always.

I'm basically outlasting most of my enemies now and on the extremely hard ones, I swap to an even more defensive skill set. My boss set is basically the same as this Elite set but swapping Sweeping wind for Serenity and then switching everything to defensive runes.

Essence Burn and Cyclone are essential to farming, at least until I get higher DPS. Once the giant Cyclone cloud starts going in a giant pack, it basically chews up the elites so I just need to survive and round them all up.

luhr3DO.png

I don't even.... the fuck is this shit. Look at the damage roll... my god. Lowest possible min roll. Because of that even rolling a socket into it wouldn't make it any good. God damn it. Took me forever to get a darn shard.
How many runs of Izual did it take you?

Also, has anybody here had any luck with acquiring Shards of Entsteig Plate?

Must have been roughly 15 Izual runs. Except one or two all on normal difficulty. There's supposedly a certain Unique Monster spawn that has a high drop rate for it as well, but I didn't encounter it once.

Kssio_Aug

Is there any way to force a certain Bounty mission? Re-starting games for 20 minutes sometimes to get the one I want :(

I dont think its possible. After all that is not how it should be played. I did some bounty missions today, and I think I enjoyed all of them tbh.

Zelias

Banned
Man, Blessed Hammer is so much fun. Especially when levelling a Crusader and sticking a Flawless Imperial Ruby in her weapon. I'm tearing up Torment I, but as I level it's starting to lose effectiveness and elite packs can be troublesome.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also, has anybody here had any luck with acquiring Shards of Entsteig Plate?
That seems to be the ones I need to make that set. Googling says Feklar’s Ghost in Act I: Festering Wood, and I assume that hasn't changed since 2.0?

I'm not quite sure how farming works. Do you just load up a game, go to Festering Wood, clear it out, quit the game, and the do it again? Or do you need to reset quests?

Kssio_Aug

Adventure Mode + Str Hellfire Ring + 110% crit emerald gen (or maybe the ruby); may be a nice combination to level up a fresh Crusader solo. I may try it tonight!

DSmalls84

Pirahnado is awesome for destroying trash mobs, but I'm having to switch it out with Zombie Pirahna for the boss fights. The long cooldown and the fact that the vortex doesn't effect bosses make it useless in those situations.

Dahbomb

Gonna be on in like 20 min if anyone here wants to do some bounties or rifts.

I like to play with other people rather then playing by myself!
Yea I am online and in a group.

Defeated Malthaes in Torment 1 today, was pretty intense. Too bad it was part of a Bounty and not in the campaign, could've used those Achievements.

Hardest Bounty in the game. I would honestly reset the game if Act 5 has Malthaes as a bounty.

Finally picked up my game last night. Got to 70 on my Wiz and beat Maliel. I cleared out the bounties on the first act. Do these reset somehow?

Strider

Best rift yet!

qAs5bGt.jpg

Easily my favorite feature of RoS.

I'm also liking the Crusader even more than I thought I would. Might just be my favorite class.

Nokterian

I am having major fps drops when having large packs..i don't know how this is happening. Is there a solution to this? Running on a GTX780,i7-2600k,16gb memory.

Dawg

Well since the 2.0 patch the vsync feature is messed up. I use a gsync setup and gsync will not enable with vsync off in d3 (gsync needs vsync disabled to work). But if you check vsync in the options, suddenly gsync will work. It's like it's reversed now.

this is the issue with vsync. if you aren't running at a locked 60fps or higher.. if you drop below 60fps for any reason whatsoever, the game has to drop to 30fps for that two (or more) frame differential. say you drop to 54fps for like 1 second.

frame 1: update
frame 2: same
frame 3: update
frame 4: same
frame 5: update
frame 6: same
frame 7: update
frame 8: same
frame 9: update
frame 10: update

This pattern would happen 6 times (60 times in the second). You end up with essentially 36fps because of vsync.

the option of course is to turn off vsync... I've done this but it's a bittersweet pill. frame rate consistency is vastly improved, but teqaring is god awful.

something might be off, but it's definitely not reversed. vsync enabled and I get a little stuttering here and there. vsync disabled and it's the holy hell of all tearing.

Yeah, I figured it had the 30fps drop... but afaik other games I play drop to 58 fps every now and then as well but I don't feel the 30fps drop.

I also wonder what causes me to get below 60, I guess it happens a split second when it's loading all those crazy effects in a huge battle or something. Game isn't that taxing for my pc.

Sothpaw

No one has a clue on how to spell the name of act 5's boss.

Anyway expansion is pretty fun so far. Will kill Malthael tonight and hit up adventure mode with my witch doctor. Crusader seems a bit too consoley for my tastes.

Shouta

Has any monk tried stacking as much reduced cooldown gear as possible? I'm thinking inner sanctuary and SSS could be a rather sweet combo.

Haven't tried it yet but reduced cooldown is really good if it's possible. I have a Leg helmet that cut breath of Heaven in half more or less. It was crazy nice having a heal/damage button on a 6-7 second timer in battle. I've been using SSS now a lot too so if I can use it more, it'd be awesome.

Kunohara

The microstuttering issue only showed up after the 2.0 patch. Before the patch, you were able to force vsync on your graphic drivers, or use d3doverrider, and there would not be any stutters.

After the patch, it seems the game ignores those now. Having vsync enabled from your drivers or d3doverrider does not fix the stutters anymore. Hopefully this is fixed soon because those stutters are really annoying.

hobart

I had stutters pre-2.0. Now I have none. (Essentially caused me to stop playing the game back in 2012).

Weird. Looks like you caught my illness.

Has any monk tried stacking as much reduced cooldown gear as possible? I'm thinking inner sanctuary and SSS could be a rather sweet combo.

I actually took out SSS for dashing strike, and am considering replacing IS with Epiphany. Too often I lay down IS and the elites walk away. Also, for the hardest mobs, having to get SW, IS, mantra, EP, and SSS off to do most of my damage wasn't working. I was running that at 60, but now I feel undergeared at 70 on Master and need to be more defensive. I'm at ~170k DPS, 6k armor, 582 AR, so I think you are better equipped.

DSmalls84

I really like Act V visually but does anyone else think the side dungeons are a tad long? Definitely some areas that I wished were a little shorter.

Haven't tried it yet but reduced cooldown is really good if it's possible. I have a Leg helmet that cut breath of Heaven in half more or less. It was crazy nice having a heal/damage button on a 6-7 second timer in battle. I've been using SSS now a lot too so if I can use it more, it'd be awesome.

Yeah SSS main downfall is the cooldown. However it does so much more damage than our other spirit spenders that I'm considering massively dropping my sheet DPS to try and make it a more "spamable" skill

A diamond in the helm is 10%. Beacon is 20%. Another 10% from paragon. The reduced cooldown rune on SSS and another 7% from my gear and it was close. I'm thinking I need another 20% or so from gear.

Serenity becomes close to "spamable" as well.

I actually took out SSS for dashing strike, and am considering replacing IS with Epiphany. Too often I lay down IS and the elites walk away. Also, for the hardest mobs, having to get SW, IS, mantra, EP, and SSS off to do most of my damage wasn't working. I was running that at 60, but now I feel undergeared at 70 on Master and need to be more defensive. I'm at ~170k DPS, 6k armor, 582 AR, so I think you are better equipped.

Drop SW for Cyclone strike and the mobs won't be able to leave your IS.

Yeah SSS main downfall is the cooldown. However it does so much more damage than our other spirit spenders that I'm considering massively dropping my sheet DPS to try and make it a more "spamable" skill

Drop SW for Cyclone strike and the mobs won't be able to leave your IS.

I was using the lower cooldown rune for SSS and it would be on almost the same cooldown as IS.

Drop SW?! I've been considering it, I'm so attached because it's been the thing for so long.

Drop SW?! I've been considering it, I'm so attached because it's been the thing for so long.

It feels weird, but cyclone strike does good DPS now and really helps a monk keep mobs where he wants them.

Drop an IS, cyclone to you, drop an EP and then keep cycloning as they try and run. Really effective for trash or killing elites in group.

Edit: it sucks with fire chains. Lol

Leckan

That would be me and, yes it's awesome. I also wield a 2-hander (Flying Dragon Daibo that can double attack speed) for higher SSS damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom