• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I was using the lower cooldown rune for SSS and it would be on almost the same cooldown as IS.

Drop SW?! I've been considering it, I'm so attached because it's been the thing for so long.

Sweeping Wind is only good if you have other tools to back it up. So if you're using Essence Burn, SW-Cyclone is a must. If you're using the other ones, the appropriate damage up gear is important. If you're fighting single targets, then it kind of sucks because the damage gain is relatively bad for what you can get with other stuff.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I want Death's Bargain.

They are all pretty awesome, but that fucking mirror shield looks almost necessary for a proper crusader build given how max block value is undertuned for higher torments at the moment.

Witch Doctor is So OP now! I love this game!

Did that class suck before? Im not a hardcore diablo player but that was my class and I had a blast with him. Wasn't until the patch I finally started up a new Monk character. When I get the expansion Ill probably go back to my witch doctor. I just love rolling around with a pack of summoned creatures!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I really like Act V visually but does anyone else think the side dungeons are a tad long? Definitely some areas that I wished were a little shorter.

Nah, I'm actually enjoying the longer maps compared to Acts 1-4. I'm hoping to finish up Act V tonight.

Messed around some with Black Hole last night on my wizard. Cool spell, but I still prefer to use Blizzard as it's better for crowd controlling and such. Loving this expansion so far though, if only Acts 1-4 could be tweaked to be as awesome as Act V is. Once I open adventure mode though it really won't matte anyway....

Shouta

It feels weird, but cyclone strike does good DPS now and really helps a monk keep mobs where he wants them.

Drop an IS, cyclone to you, drop an EP and then keep cycloning as they try and run. Really effective for trash or killing elites in group.

Edit: it sucks with fire chains. Lol

Fire Chains are why I haven't used Cyclone Strike much, lol. Even with 1000+ AR and 5k LOH, I can't keep up with Epiphany - Desert Shroud up. So I'm focusing on mobility until I CAN survive it a without it, lol.

Fire Chains are why I haven't used Cyclone Strike much, lol. Even with 1000+ AR and 5k LOH, I can't keep up with Epiphany - Desert Shroud up. So I'm focusing on mobility until I CAN survive it a without it, lol.

I moved to MoE and fire chains is much better. Sucks having to drop MoC though. However backlash procs like a mofo.

Shouta

I moved to MoE and fire chains is much better. Sucks having to drop MoC though. However backlash procs like a mofo.

I'm using Healing at the moment for the boost in Resists. The bubble also helps give me a chance to LOH myself up again. Since I don't have a regular spirit-spender, I just spam the bubble. It's release inferno all over again.

Brick

Played around a bit with the Crusader last night and got him to level 10. I'm a bit...underwhelmed by him so far. He doesn't seem to kill things near as fast as any of the other classes at that level. Am I just playing him wrong, or does he get better at a certain level?

Firemind

They are all pretty awesome, but that fucking mirror shield looks almost necessary for a proper crusader build given how max block value is undertuned for higher torments at the moment.

I don't know how enemies at lvl. 70 scale with your armour and resistances, but the Crusader can be pretty damn tanky with the right build to maximize the block value. Though, yeah, at lvl. 70 you will probably have like 200k health, so blocking a few thousands of damage isn't going to help if monsters hit like trucks.

garath

What rune are you DH's using on Vengeance? The skill itself is awesome. Having trouble deciding what rune to take. The 10 hatred per second is pretty big. I like the lifesteal one and the lighting aura one too. Hard to decide.

Zeliard

Diablo 3 after the 2.0 patch and expansion may be the biggest turnaround in overall quality I've ever seen in a game. It's pretty impressive.

RS4-

I roll with MoH (the rule with the shield that absorbs). Right now mine soaks up 50k. I don't use epiphany because of the CD.

Currently sitting at 550k dps, t2 is fine. But t1 Mal is not lol. Or maybe it is fine solo. But Mal bounty isn't worth it unless you're killing the guy in like 2-3 mins.

I want to try and craft a devastator but damn these mat drops.

Dantheboss, GGs with the bounties and rifts!

Firemind

Played around a bit with the Crusader last night and got him to level 10. I'm a bit...underwhelmed by him so far. He doesn't seem to kill things near as fast as any of the other classes at that level. Am I just playing him wrong, or does he get better at a certain level?

Sweep Attack is probably your best bet at the moment until you unlock more spenders. Justice is also pretty nice as a ranged attack with the stun and aoe rune.

Not super high yet but I definitely notice a difference from before. I'm aiming to take it as high as possible obviously but I find the build really really fun. Also Paragon points count.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UfTVRi!YdV!bbccca

Though I hate the idea of losing dashing strike, this was the build I have in mind. I have almost 50 cd reduction already though. It feels like I need another 30 or so to make it really viable.

I'm using Healing at the moment for the boost in Resists. The bubble also helps give me a chance to LOH myself up again. Since I don't have a regular spirit-spender, I just spam the bubble. It's release inferno all over again.

Same. I want to get enough resists to go back to MoC, but for now, my survivability is just so much better with the bubble.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really like the new Wizard spell. Just put that on a group of enemies to grab them all together and then throw a few orbs. They won't see anything coming.

Artanisix

They start off veeeeeeerry slow. I have a 70 crusader and he clears plenty fast now.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Better with lvls I helped my friend grind his up to 66 in a few hours, to be fair he has 200 plus paragon. Once he started getting skills and could craft gear he was able to hang on torment difficulty until his levels caught up to him around 60.

This game is infinitely better post 70 and without a doubt is my favorite version of diablo, which I didn't think I would ever be saying.

If want you grinding help just ask or look for gaffers online some are pretty nice about the situation.

Bisnic blackhole is insane with a well timed archon or arcane orb. Main combo for me when I'm with friends especially a monk. Let them pull wait a few seconds and stun lock them hard with the blackhole. Most elites don't even get near us at this point they just get sucked in and disappear.

Leckan

Though I hate the idea of losing dashing strike, this was the build I have in mind. I have almost 50 cd reduction already though. It feels like I need another 30 or so to make it really viable.

You should give it a try at least. It doesn't hurt to experiment in this game. If you don't like it you can just instantly switch back and return later when you feel like it.

This is a game after all and it's just fun to experiment and try out new things.

ferr

Diablo 3 after the 2.0 patch and expansion may be the biggest turnaround in overall quality I've ever seen in a game. It's pretty impressive.

Going in I didn't expect to find much polish beyond end game stuff like adventure mode.. but the boss fights in Act V are so fun and a huge highlight in the xpac.

Kssio_Aug

I still stand here, not knowing whether to get it for pc or to wait for ps4 release.

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

I have a PS4 and love it!! However, I cant imagine how D3 can, possible, be better on consoles. At PC you will find a much bigger player base to play public servers, also, D3 is perfect to be played with mouse and keyboard. If you have a PC that is good enough to play D3 (what is not asking much), that version is the one I would reccomend to D3.

Anyone know if backlash procs the LOH? It used to proc damage for LS pre 2.0. A dual LS build with backlash and cyclone was almost unkillable. It enabled me to go from mp 8 to mp 10 very effectively.

You should give it a try at least. It doesn't hurt to experiment in this game. If you don't like it you can just instantly switch back and return later when you feel like it.

This is a game after all and it's just fun to experiment and try out new things.

Agreed. It's why I'm glad there's no skill tree and they finally stopped punishing is for swapping skills mid game.

SRTtoZ

It starts off VERY very slow but gets better. Still though, they need some fixing because their single target is meh and their cooldowns are way too long.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
I might just be going REALLY slow, but it took me about 2 hours to
kill the first two soul bubble things
. I keep finding random dunegons - one of which was like two floors deep. Also, smashing everything.

Then there are people saying they beat the whole thing in 3 hours. Are they just running through as fast as they can to unlock adventure mode?

Sanctuary

That is just glorious. Is the class as bad as everyone is saying? I've held off on mine until I unlock adventure mode, or there is a patch if it's as bad as everyone says.

It feels like it's much weaker than any of the other classes in general and that Blizzard was confused on how exactly they wanted it to play. I'm only 57, so I'm sure things may still change, but it feels very half-baked. In many areas, trash goes down with no problem, and even elites seem to be pretty easy to handle. Yet as soon as you hit a boss, it feels almost like you either hit a brick wall, or you're fighthing a WoW raid instance boss with billions of hit points, because now the health bar barely moves.

On the last two bosses, I had to respec just to be able to stay alive and deal any kind of damage too. Hell, on the last boss I got so pissed off, having gotten him down to 5% after about ten minutes and then getting insta-gibbed that I just lowered the difficulty to get it over with.

Almost all of the wrath generators are boring and almost all of the spenders cost too much or the majority of the good moves have long cooldowns. Hammers are mostly fun, but they suck in narrow passages and on boss fights. At least for now anyway, and I'm wearing gear that raises their damage by 29% too.

It starts off VERY very slow but gets better. Still though, they need some fixing because their single target is meh and their cooldowns are way too long.

It feels like you're supposed to spec for either trash OR bosses, but can't have a build that does both even decently.

LCGeek

formerly sane
. I keep finding random dunegons - one of which was like two floors deep. Also, smashing everything.

Then there are people saying they beat the whole thing in 3 hours. Are they just running through as fast as they can to unlock adventure mode?

Yes to your question.. My only slowdown and it wasn't that much was grinding to 70 which was about what you mentioned to do that and beat it at the same time. 3 hours is a low and possible but for me it was more like 4-6 hours.

I like being meticulous but my clanmates love the style of play you mention at the end.

Can't say it enough adventure mode is too good.

Kssio_Aug

Yesterday I played with 2 friends on skype. We may have played something like 5-6 hours, and we did not even finished the act!
we did till killing Aria

The Act V is a long one if you not rush, and keep searching inside every dungeon. We were able to get from 60 to 70.

SUPARSTARX

What happens if i apply a CE code upgrade over a normal one to my bnet account? Will i get back the first cdkey or replacement?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That seems to be the ones I need to make that set. Googling says Feklar’s Ghost in Act I: Festering Wood, and I assume that hasn't changed since 2.0?

I'm not quite sure how farming works. Do you just load up a game, go to Festering Wood, clear it out, quit the game, and the do it again? Or do you need to reset quests?

Just thought I'd ask again since I don't know how the farming stuff works. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom