• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthet1c

Does a sub level 60 puzzle ring work at level 70?

I swear my little goblin steals all my whites and I never notice him dropping anything. It could just be that I'm not paying attention.

Sanctuary

I have a PS4 and love it!! However, I cant imagine how D3 can, possible, be better on consoles. At PC you will find a much bigger player base to play public servers, also, D3 is perfect to be played with mouse and keyboard. If you have a PC that is good enough to play D3 (what is not asking much), that version is the one I would reccomend to D3.

You probably shouldn't knock the consoles and Diablo 3 if you don't have any experience with them. I agree that the PC will have a much larger player base, but it ran and felt surprisingly great on the console and with a controller. It's too bad the UI (inventory was decent) was complete shit though.

Nah. The Lightning rune helps, but it does like a quarter damage.

You need to give up on Thunderstruck, seriously. Go back to Burning Wrath. It does so much more damage it's not even funny.

Skunkers

LOL just noticed the thread title changed because of my post. FWIW, UPS *did* deliver it to me, at about 8pm. Currently leveling my Wizard, she's 67 now; trying to get her up to 70 before taking Malthael down. Expansion has surpassed my high expectations, and I haven't even started Adventure Mode yet.

Jrmint

What have you guys found is an appropriate level of stats for starting Torment 1 at 70?

I'm currently 375k damage and 2.7 mill toughness DH.

Ashodin

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| The Champ Has Returned
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Adventuremode in Adventureland
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Did a 180 so hard, Diablo's leg broke
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| UPS (and Blizzard) Finally Delivered
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Finally, Diablo, has come back to Sanctuary!
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Malthael's Angels

Jrmint

What rune are you DH's using on Vengeance? The skill itself is awesome. Having trouble deciding what rune to take. The 10 hatred per second is pretty big. I like the lifesteal one and the lighting aura one too. Hard to decide.
I've liked the 10 hatred per second one best. You can get off sooo many cluster arrows during the duration.

Aesthet1c

What have you guys found is an appropriate level of stats for starting Torment 1 at 70?

I'm currently 375k damage and 2.7 mill toughness DH.

I'm wondering this as well. I'm at 250k dps and 3.5 mil toughness. Master is starting to get pretty easy but last time I tried torment everything took forever to kill.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can't wait to always have my WD's helm transmogged to hellscape mask. Shit is the boss.

Gav47

This game is so good. The music, the Westmarch tileset, the crusader, Blizzard have really turned this game around in the past month, it gives me hope for Legacy of the Void.

Sanctuary

Pandemonium Fortress looks awesome

And it looks straight out of Wrath of the Lich King. While I do think it does actually look pretty nice though, the actual layout is fucking awful. Probably one of the worst designed dungeons in the game. It's like they were going for this weird Arcane Sanctuary vibe. That would have been okay if not for the fact that you only ever have enough room to fight one enemy at a time, two at best.

Pepto

Banned
onemillion.png

And I'm still using legacy Zuni boots!

This thread's hype has gotten me to seriously consider picking up the game. IIRC correctly my highest level character was around 55 or so last I stopped playing Diablo 3. Is there a link somewhere that goes over all the new stuff that has been added to the game over the past 6-12 months or so?

Thanks

My only complaint about the game is this, trying to join a adventure game at 70 is hard as hell. I just went and tried to join 20 games, every one of them the bounties were complete and it was just me taking a spot of the person who left. When I make a game and make it public no one joins.

Pepto

Banned
My only complaint about the game is this, trying to join a adventure game at 70 is hard as hell. I just went and tried to join 20 games, every one of them the bounties were complete and it was just me taking a spot of the person who left. When I make a game and make it public no one joins.

Join the GAF clan and do the bounties with other gaffers.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It feels weird, but cyclone strike does good DPS now and really helps a monk keep mobs where he wants them.

Drop an IS, cyclone to you, drop an EP and then keep cycloning as they try and run. Really effective for trash or killing elites in group.

Edit: it sucks with fire chains. Lol

For fire chains, back yourself into a corner before you cyclone strike. It'll make it much less likely that you'll be hit by a beam because there aren't as many connections crossing your character.

Code:
M1

You'll only be hit by the chain between 1 and 2 instead of all three (1-2, 1-3, 2-3)

NA server? If yes, how can I join?

Join the GAF public community and mouse over the officers there in the roster. It'll show which guild they're in. If one of the GAFMAX ones is on, click them to message and ask for an invite.

J0dy77

Stayed up until 2 AM last night finishing off the game and testing out Adventure mode. Act V is amazing and getting a lot of nice new shiny loot in one night was a ton of fun. The overall design of each part of Act V is very well done and they all have a very distinct feel to them, the last few areas especially. The Mystic is a great addition for constraints of the new loot system. This will definitely keep my attention for quite some time.

Now for the negative. One new skill for each class? The monk skill Epiphany is pretty awful at first glance. I have to see if I can find a way to reduce the cooldown a lot but overall not what I was hoping for the class. Would have much rather preferred another spirit dumb. Going right back to the same old build I've been using forever isn't new and will have me bored sooner than if I had more options.

I haven't seen many options in terms of new loot and set items. If they weren't going to change the way the game was played through skills, maybe it can be done through gear but this remains to be seen.

TL:DR

Pros:
Amazing design and fun to be had in Act V.
Mystic system

Cons:
Lack of overall gameplay change for existing classes. Only one new class.

eek5

It feels weird, but cyclone strike does good DPS now and really helps a monk keep mobs where he wants them.

Drop an IS, cyclone to you, drop an EP and then keep cycloning as they try and run. Really effective for trash or killing elites in group.

Edit: it sucks with fire chains. Lol

Cyclone into LTK sweeping armada is where it's at. Suck everything in and then blow it up! Really pisses people off lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That's the ~90% pet dmg helm, isn't it?

It will be mine.

hobart

Truly amazing. I saw the post regarding the release of 2.0 on a CHANCE. The game wasn't even on my radar. Now I'm knee deep in it and I can't see myself playing anything else for awhile.

This is the game I dreamed of in 2012.

Kssio_Aug

For fire chains, back yourself into a corner before you cyclone strike. It'll make it much less likely that you'll be hit by a beam because there aren't as many connections crossing your character.

Code:
M1

You'll only be hit by the chain between 1 and 2 instead of all three (1-2, 1-3, 2-3)

Join the GAF public community and mouse over the officers there. If one of the GAFMAX ones is on, click them to message and ask for an invite.

I'm planning on hopping on tonight, probably around 10pm eastern if you don't get an invite earlier for GAFMAX.

Thanks!! I will try! :)

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Bleh, the reward curve for difficulty is still so flat.

I remember when they said they wanted to get rid of Magic Find, they said they didn't like having such a big variance in the rate players could get drops and that it was hard to balance around such a wide variety of player power when it came to making the game fun for a wide audience. I bet this is coming from that line of thought.

I bet it's something like a 25% legendary drop rate increase per kill going from T1 to T6, compared to the 10x increase in health. Also, difficulty doesn't affect what you get from chests.

Basically, if you're having a challenging experience where you have to pay attention and dodge things, you're probably playing at a higher difficulty than would be optimal for gear progression.

Vinlaen

Is the Wizard a pretty good "glass-canon" type of class?

I haven't played Diablo 3 in a long time, and I only have a low-level Monk, but I was thinking about playing it again and I want a flashy, high-damage (non-tanking) class... (or I might continue with my Monk character)

If the wizard sounds like a good fit, does anybody have any advice for somebody new?

entremet

I've been out of the loop, but they're doing the same thing they're doing with Starcraft with Diablo? Separate campaign skus?

Cyclone into LTK sweeping armada is where it's at. Suck everything in and then blow it up! Really pisses people off lol

I'll give LTK another shot. I really wanted to make a reduced cooldown build for IS work though!!!!

I remember when they said they wanted to get rid of Magic Find, they said they didn't like having such a big variance in the rate players could get drops and that it was hard to balance around such a wide variety of player power when it came to making the game fun for a wide audience. I bet this is coming from that line of thought.

I bet it's something like a 25% legendary drop rate increase per kill going from T1 to T6, compared to the 10x increase in health. Also, difficulty doesn't affect what you get from chests.

Basically, if you're having a challenging experience where you have to pay attention and dodge things, you're probably playing at a higher difficulty than would be optimal for gear progression.

I'm actually OK with this. EXP farming and gear farming are different. I think they should make torment specific legendary items. Like something that only drops on T6. Flesh out the "sets only drop on torment " further.

Yep, am in complete agreement there. Even with my now 650k or so damage DH it's just not worth to play anything other than normal. Well aside from searching set items I guess; the thing is though, in order to farm at Torrent 1 relatively effectively you'll have to power up beforehand. And you'll do that on normal.

Am now trying to play my lvl 60 (now almost 65) Barb through Torment 1 Act 5. Didn't have that great gear anymore but equipped what I had left and it was pretty decent actually. Even put a really good lvl 70 rare belt with -lvl on him.

But bleh. He just isn't even remotely as fun as my DH, and let's not even compare him to my Wiz with Tal Rasha set bonus. You're constantly low on fury, you generate fury relatively slowly all things considered, and you simply do not have the sustained damage output to make up for that.

Passives are meh. I guess you can get really high toughness but the problem is dishing out damage and moving around quickly.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol! Wth is that DPS! I was thinking my Wiz was getting good with 320k dps when buffed! Lol

I wouldn't be surprised to see a later Diablo 3 expansion getting the same treatment as Warlords of Draenor. Stats squish all over the place.

Firemind

You probably shouldn't knock the consoles and Diablo 3 if you don't have any experience with them. I agree that the PC will have a much larger player base, but it ran and felt surprisingly great on the console and with a controller. It's too bad the UI (inventory was decent) was complete shit though.

You need to give up on Thunderstruck, seriously. Go back to Burning Wrath. It does so much more damage it's not even funny.

What is your build currently looking like? He's a bit too squishy with my current gear, so Punish feels mandatory, but I'd like to use Justice some day.

Sothpaw

The UI is shit, the mob density sucks and the controls are imprecise (auto aim). That's not knocking the game it's a statement of fact. Mob density is also going to be lower in the ps4xbone versions too due to the lack of control. I have a link to the article but it's saved to my home pc and I'm at work.

Not saying the console version is a bad game by any means. But when someone asks which version to buy the pc version is the winner.

Ashodin

Crusader has a hard time dealing single target damage. Working on ways to rectify the situation. Holy shit slash with increased crit is nice (no ZEAL rune yet, not high enough!)

Loving sweeping attack with fire rune though. All on fire!!!

Not sure if condemn really fits the build any more.

Lots of theory crafting going on in my head!

eek5

For what it's worth, I JUST (minutes ago) tried running both pirahnas and bats. It's REALLY expensive, especially heaven forbid your bats get interrupted.

You just need the mana to start firebats since channeling is free. I usually run with spirit walk / Honored Guest as an "oh shit" I ran out of mana type of thing.

Worst case is you run around for a bit waiting for your mana to come back but I find that to be really rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom