• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

I'll give LTK another shot. I really wanted to make a reduced cooldown build for IS work though!!!!

Sorry I meant blow it up like reverse cyclone everything. It's pretty funny. I did a LTK/SA to a goblin and kicked him to the right one and a half screens away lol

Dreavus

So, can you trade bloodshards to Lorath in adventure mode? I was checking on the wiki and it says that you can, but when I talk to him I don't get the option to do that.

Why does Urzael only drop like 3-4 items on his (first walkthrough) death. Happened with all 3 chars so far and it's really disappointing.

I guess want cannot ask for more from the easiest boss fight in the game :s

taybul

Does difficulty affect the quality of bounty loot? I'm thinking of blazing through bounties on normal to gear myself up for torment.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, can you trade bloodshards to Lorath in adventure mode? I was checking on the wiki and it says that you can, but when I talk to him I don't get the option to do that.

Lorath isn't the blood shard NPC, Kadala is.

My Act V boss drop:
ptCmYEE.jpg

First legendary drop during Adventure Mode:
ZMsIjGq.jpg

My Monk is still pretty mediocre overall, but at least I'm getting some decent, class-appropriate drops.

Sanctuary

The UI is shit, the mob density sucks and the controls are imprecise (auto aim). That's not knocking the game it's a statement of fact. Mob density is also going to be lower in the ps4xbone versions too due to the lack of control. I have a link to the article but it's saved to my home pc and I'm at work.

Not saying the console version is a bad game by any means. But when someone asks which version to buy the pc version is the winner.

I'm not sure if you've noticed this, but the monster density was lowered again on the PC version as well. So much so that it almost feels like the console version more often than not. Monster density was one of the biggest factors seperating the two for gameplay. And yes, using the mouse is more precise, but the controller wasn't as awful as many expected. It handles really well, and certainly way better than the awful Diablo port on the first Playstation.

What is your build currently looking like? He's a bit too squishy with my current gear, so Punish feels mandatory, but I'd like to use Justice some day.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#beYfQh!ZYV!YaaZba

Not what I'm sticking with (only 57). Also have a shield that makes Shield Glare hit in a 360 degree radius, which is pretty awesome combined with hammers. No idea if Holy Cause actually adds +10% damage in general to your weapon, or if it only affects holy damage. I'll be able to notice it more later. For now it doesn't matter much. Also, not using Heavenly Strength, because hammers are better with a one-handed weapon as long as the DPS disparity isn't huge if not using a two-handed weapon. Almost all of the two-handed weapons have been shit so far too compared to the one-handed weapons the game has been dropping, and I've been able to put a ruby in most of them. Also like moving at 22% movement instead of 10%.

Does not work at all on Kerrigan...I mean Adria. Had to respec to Justice/Fist of the Heavens. Got Malthael to 5% before being splattered and respeced to the lame Justice/FoH build. Two-handed weapons are definitely what is required for FoH to shine though (I don't really like the way they implemented it though).

For elite packs, it's just Glare > Falling Sword > Akarat's > Valor > Hammers and using Slash when necessary.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not sure if you've noticed this, but the monster density was lowered again on the PC version as well. So much so that it almost feels like the console version more often than not. Monster density was one of the biggest factors seperating the two for gameplay. And yes, using the mouse is more precise, but the controller wasn't as awful as many expected. It handles really well, and certainly way better than the awful Diablo port on the first Playstation.

Density in adventure mode seems a lot higher than campaign, fwiw.

TheYanger

It's significantly higher in adventure mode. old crypt levels most of the time for me.

MrDaravon

Density is lower in Story, its still ridiculous in Adventure mode and rifts.

idlewild_

Not sure if I've just gotten lucky, but mob density seems pretty high on Adventure Mode.

edit: beaten, haha. yeah, density is pretty high in AM, and some of the rifts are kind of ridiculous as well. had one where i switched floors into a room with 3 elite/champ packs waiting for me, that was fun.

TheYanger

Density in adventure mode seems a lot higher than campaign, fwiw.

It's significantly higher in adventure mode. old crypt levels most of the time for me.

Density is lower in Story, its still ridiculous in Adventure mode and rifts.

Not sure if I've just gotten lucky, but mob density seems pretty high on Adventure Mode.

I can't help but laugh. At least it's obvious enough how much more dense it is I guess :)

Sanctuary

Thanks for all of the replies about monster density in Adventure mode. No idea why they decided to do it like that though. I just finished Act V before going to sleep, and was about to start AM.

doomquake

is the battle.met client safe? I remember ORIGIN got a lot of flack for being really instrusive but I don't know if a similar thing went on with Bnet and its actually harmless?
sorry for pretty off topic question.

Wizards - what are you doing for healing? I have about 3000 life on hit and it doesn't seem to do jack anymore (at level 70 Torment 1).

I used to use a weapon with 2% life steal and I found I could actually see my health go up (even a little) when attacking. But it's been nerfed into the ground.

I hate relying on potions... =\

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

This is the reason we didn't bother with CotA runs in the beta. That and everyone was chasing gear, as we are now! Try halls of agony 3 in adventure mode.

Anoregon

is the battle.met client safe? I remember ORIGIN got a lot of flack for being really instrusive but I don't know if a similar thing went on with Bnet and its actually harmless?

I have never heard of anything that would indicate otherwise.

ALSO: Witchdoctor question: Do the Fetishes spawned via the passive do 180% weapon damage like the ones spawned from the Fetish Army spell? I always wondered but never remember to ask.

Dahbomb

I can also confirm that monster density is higher in Adventure mode. Definitely higher in Rifts, shit hits the fan really fast in a Rift.

There is no reason to play Story mode after you unlock Adventure mode.

Also gambling is legit. Most of the time you will get Rares so I just treat it like crafting. I save up like 300 shards and then mass buy a slot I am weak in. I was able to get a Glove upgrade and a Boot upgrade this way. Glove had trifecta plus Lightning resistance, I rolled the 4th stat to get Dex. Boot had LTK damage mode, Vit, Dex, 12% MS which I wanted (all good stats as well). I just have to roll the Fire res into Lightning res.

Next time I will roll Amulet although they are most expensive.

Game has me addicted big time.

Blizzard has been compromised before in the past but I would still call it relatively safe (get a mobile authenticator!). Battle.Net by itself is pretty nice in terms of navigation and getting straight into your game.

lordy88

Just defeated the final boss in Act V, and I felt a little disappointed in two areas:

The other three full acts (i.e. not Act 4) had 3 bosses + the final boss. Act V only had 2 bosses + the final boss.

The closing cinematic was of the painting variety, not the amazing Blizzard CG.

Overall, I loved the feel and events of Act V, but I was let down with these two elements.

JesseZao

I can also confirm that monster density is higher in Adventure mode. Definitely higher in Rifts, shit hits the fan really fast in a Rift.

There is no reason to play Story mode after you unlock Adventure mode.

Exactly what this type of game needs really. Not saying PoE is the reason, but the map system was a great idea.

DEO3

What's the best way to start gearing up at 70 - clearing things quickly on an easier difficulty (for what I assume is less good loot), or taking on the most challenging difficulty you can clear (for what I assume is the best quality loot available to you)?

Anoregon

Exactly what this type of game needs really. Not saying PoE is the reason, but the map system was a great idea.

The tiered rift system in 2.1 sounds awesome too, sort of a combination of PoE-style maps and endless dungeon.

What's the best way to start gearing up at 70 - clearing things quickly on an easier difficulty (for what I assume is less good loot), or taking on the most challenging difficulty you can clear (for what I assume is the best quality loot available to you)?

I'd say go one level under the toughest you can manage, because efficiency is more important than just being able to kill stuff. I'm planning to hang in Master until every slot is a decent level 70 item, then jumping into T1.

Alright so.

I have 5 characters, 4 of them are level 60, but due to reseting quests, none of them are currently at the end of Act IV (I have a few in Act III). Should I play through to get my 60s to the end of Act IV to get the guaranteed Legendary off of Diablo, while gaining some paragon on the way, or just buy RoS now instead?

Also, I usually play with the game on mute, listening to podcasts / music instead. Does anyone else do this? I'll use game volume for my first run through of Act V I suppose.

JesseZao

Just defeated the final boss in Act V, and I felt a little disappointed in two areas:

The other three full acts (i.e. not Act 4) had 3 bosses + the final boss. Act V only had 2 bosses + the final boss.

Overall, I loved the feel and events of Act V, but I was let down with these two elements.

Some events are like boss fights themselves. They get super intense. There was one that spawned like three mini bosses then a big boss. Each boss had its own wave of minions too. It was in the dungeon with the runed doors.

Malthael beats any boss to date mechanics wise. As for regular bosses even though its one short from normal, Uzrael and Adria def had more mechanics involved than say Spider Queen from Act 1 or Cydaea from Act 3.

Firemind

I wish more people would call out Blizzard on this bullshit, especially since
D2 and LoD had amazing ending cutscenes. D3 ending cutscene is so shit and RoS is nonexistant.

Anoregon

Also, I usually play with the game on mute, listening to podcasts / music instead. Does anyone else do this? I'll use game volume for my first run through of Act V I suppose.

A lot of people do that, but it's always been fucking outrageous crazy talk in my mind. I have old WoW buddies who don't play with sound on too, and I just don't get it. I don't understand how someone could enjoy a video game without sound.

A lot of people do that, but it's always been fucking outrageous crazy talk in my mind. I have old WoW buddies who don't play with sound on too, and I just don't get it. I don't understand how someone could enjoy a video game without sound.

I'd say 95% of games I play with sound. It's just I listen to a lot of podcasts in a given week, so I need to find times to listen to them. I can't really pay attention to them while I'm reading, and I prefer music for running / yoga. I find that Diablo III can be played without devoting all of your attention to it. So I can listen to a podcast, be able to hear everything and focus on it, and still be able to play and enjoy Diablo.

idlewild_

I usually lower the volume in game and play outside stuff as well, but definitely play with game volume on the first time through. The music in Act V is ace.

Shouta

My Act V boss drop:
ptCmYEE.jpg

First legendary drop during Adventure Mode:
ZMsIjGq.jpg

My Monk is still pretty mediocre overall, but at least I'm getting some decent, class-appropriate drops.

Go get the % damage roll changed over to a socket then you're good to go on the WKL, lol.

Teknoman

How could they have not fixed the sounds yet? Still makes no sense that I have to turn sound effects down to like 10 (from a max of 100, default was like 80?) and then crank my PC volume just to be able to hear the music at an average level.

Dawg

I love the Crusaders steed spell, especially with a rune attached.

The one where you jump up high and make a holy dive is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom