• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesmokey

You don't unlock Royal after learning Flawless? I have everything unlocked and I swear I didn't pick up all the Royal patterns as well.

Trickster

Anyone playing hardcore and doing torment tyet? I've been somewhat hesitant to try it out after being very close to dying to times at 70 on expert, and later master to some nasty wallers with frozen.

screenshot002hqlgx.jpg
Any tips for hardcore t1 would be appreciated.

Also, is yoshichan actually just playing so much since release he hasn't bothered posting once since his "ragequit"

ferr

Is it worth it to farm for crafting plans? I want a new bow and I'm wondering if the drop rate on something like Unbound Bolt plan is reasonable..

Dahbomb

I wouldn't touch T1 Hardcore until I have at LEAST 10 million toughness and around 10K healing.

It also depends on the content you are doing. I have been in 4 stacks that crush most Bounty runs but then when we do Rifts there is always this one area where there's two to three Elite packs with a shit ton of other mobs and everyone just starts dying.

There's that ammy that brings you back to life after death that's HC exclusive. If I didn't have a ton of toughness, I would at least get that fucker first.

Love doing bounties. Just opened 7 bags and got this shield. Guess when I'm gonna run through Act 5 with my Monk it's gonna be hard to die. Actually, would be nice on every class. Some dex for evasion doesn't exactly hurt.

d3mIxsF.png

Sanctuary

There's that ammy that brings you back to life after death that's HC exclusive. If I didn't have a ton of toughness, I would at least get that fucker first.

That seems like it defeats the purpose of HC. I get that some classes have passives that do the same, or similar, but adding that on top of it?

On a side note, why does the Blessed Hammer rune Dominion even exist? The hammers do not last long enough for movement to matter in the slightest, and the first rune is sadly still the only one that matters for damage.

That seems like it defeats the purpose of HC. I get that some classes have passives that do the same, or similar, but adding that on top of it?

On a side note, why does the Blessed Hammer rune Dominion even exist? The hammers do not last long enough for movement to matter in the slightest, and the first rune is sadly still the only one that matters for damage.

It breaks on death. So it's just a one time failsafe.

Got a great 2H weapon that summons cows...awesome. Boosted me to 250k dps (with socketed emerald) fro 175k.

I was going to say I don't mind the death's breath drop rates except that I'm sick of getting my third pender's purchase plan without being able to upgrade my Blacksmith because of the lack of DBs. Got my jeweler upgraded fully, and I think my mystic.

Dreavus

Are the legendary crafting materials divided by Act at all? I've gotten lucky enough with plans for two different sets, but each piece needs one of those mats.

Man I love Nephalim Rifts. I like not knowing what I'm going to get, and the weird situations that can result. Especially when you're carrying like 10 Pools worth of XP, and suddenly three elite mobs all tag and then the boss shows up too.

Ran into this yesterday, I was so surprised I didn't even know which one to chase. Like 10 Goblins:

68uHVhd.jpg

I'm glad they also don't skimp on the Blood Shards. I know they're basically just lottery tickets, but it's fun to do a bunch of bounties, then do some Rifts, then cash it all in and see what you get.

JE5vxyB.jpg

They're pretty generous with the gems too. I've only been playing very casually, a few hours a day at most, since RoS launched - I had zero gems, and now I'm sitting at this:

GIV1iRP.jpg

Hey what do the different colors of the mobs mean? Is there a ranking of a certain color being harder than another color to kill? Do higher colors drop better loot?

What is this order, if it actually works like that?

Azulsky

Got that at lvl 67. The special thing i guess is that the last hit that kills an enemy will crit. Some one said it was good combined with a skill that the monk has

Monk has Exploding Palm which does some percentage of the slain enemies life in aoe damage. The skill itself is a mark that leaves after x seconds.

Since the health of enemies gets crazy, the damage gets crazy.

Combine with implosion(basically suck everyone in) and you can annihilate large groups easy

Hey what do the different colors of the mobs mean? Is there a ranking of a certain color being harder than another color to kill? Do higher colors drop better loot?

White boilerplate monsters are Standard, generic mobs.
Blue boilerplate are Berseker/Champ, harder than normal and usually a duo or trio.
Golden boilerplate are Uniques, with multiple affixes that indicate the type of danger they represent, like Frozen / Horde / Health Link, etc. "Hardest" next to Bosses.

White boilerplate monsters are Standard, generic mobs.
Blue boilerplate are Berseker/Champ, harder than normal and usually a duo or trio.
Golden boilerplate are Uniques, with multiple affixes that indicate the type of danger they represent, like Frozen / Horde / Health Link, etc. "Hardest" next to Bosses.

I see, thanks! And I'm assuming purple is for bosses?

Robin64

They're pretty generous with the gems too. I've only been playing very casually, a few hours a day at most, since RoS launched - I had zero gems, and now I'm sitting at this:

GIV1iRP.jpg

See all those gems lower in quality than Marquise? Just sell them. Absolutely pointless now.

JesseZao

Yes only one new class is also very dissapointing, and another notch in the "light on content" feeling this expansion has going.

And I'm sure there'll be more than this expansion. But I would hope Blizzard's mindset these days don't restrict them to think "one act, one feature and one class per expansion". But with how light this expansion is, plus the extra money grab they're planning on doing with the new 50$ WoW expansion, I wouldn't be surprised if the one of everything thing is what's actually going to happen each diablo expansion :(

The WoW exp is going to be $50? Guess they don't care about growing their base at all. They're in pure milk mode. Let's be honest though: if you're still playing wow, you can be milked and you'll like it. Also, I'm sure they'll have tons of new things in the cash shop.

Whenever their next mmo/Titan reboot comes out, I'm sure it'll be f2p. They're just getting everything that's left in the sub mmo market now.

Tom Penny

I love cable companies. No internet since sunday. They didnt show up tonight because the person fucked up scheduling and now the earliiest is Friday. They are fucking up my ROS time..amongst other things.

Cathcart

Is there any point to doing the bounties that don't have a bonus? Looks like you can just leave and come back and get the double blood shard bonus all the time. Also, I always have the bonus on acts I and V. How often is that supposed to change?

Foaloal

Is there any point to doing the bounties that don't have a bonus? Looks like you can just leave and come back and get the double blood shard bonus all the time. Also, I always have the bonus on acts I and V. How often is that supposed to change?

It doesn't really seem like there's any point to me.

I also have my doubles on Act I and Act V every single time.

I only ever do Act 1 because the bounties seem easier/quicker to me.

Gold isn't supposed to be easy to get. That's why they give massive bonuses to goldfind in upper torment levels, give you paragon points to slot for GF and gear with gold find. It's meant to be an item that's scarce. You're not supposed to be crafting the best stuff and building the best gems 3 days into release.

I also thinks it's funny anyone thinks rifts and bounties are boring. Especially rifts. We've been clamoring for randomized dungeons and we get them and their boring? Is it more boring than running the same act over and over? IMO, if you think rifts are boring, then it's likely diablo just isn't for you or you're burned out.

I do agree he expansion feels light, but what we got I like.

My only complaint for them is that they are gated behind doing the bounties which are kind of boring. I think it would be better if the bounties were randomized dungeons and the rifts were an uber version.

mileS

Get a weapon. My crusader has none of the other gems but a weapon with a socket and is at like 5,000 dps :D

I haven't tested for myself but I'm curious if the high cost to remove gems counts for lower level gear (with high level gem in slot obviously) Yea I suppose you can just salvage it when you're done, but I'm curious none the less.

r4i09Hc.jpg

I am the Samurai

I heard you talking about this earlier. Was hoping a screen would be posted. This is sick. Awesome transmog!

Dahbomb

White mobs are your standard enemies, they have no extra special powers.

Blue mobs (sometimes called Champions) usually come in packs of 3-5. They have identical stats to each other and are of the same race. They have 4 extra abilities at the lvl60 and above. The abilities are written out under their names. They have much more health than the same monster if it was white.

Yellow mobs (also called Rare mobs, with their leader usually called an Elite) have a suped up leader and numerous minions so this pack has more enemies than a Blue mom. However the minions are weaker than a Blue mob and have less than 4 special abilities. Their leader which has the Yellow highlight has all 4 abilities and is stronger than one Blue mob. He also drops the main loot. Yellow mobs aren't the same race.. the Leader can be a different race than the minions although the minions are the same race as each other.

Purple mob (also called a Unique). Generally speaking this is a singular strong enemy also highlighted in yellow but has a purple name. This monster is unique because it's name, race and special abilities are fixed so if you encounter let's say a Sharpclaw unique it will always be the same race and have the same abilities. The abilities are not written under the life bar. Enemies like Key Wardens are also purple mobs technically speaking. Their power level ranges from somewhere between a Blue and a Yellow mob leader to power level that of a sub boss like the key wardens.

Rift Guardians are also purple mobs but they are much stronger.

As far as loot drop go... Rift Guardians drop the best loot followed by Key Wardens. Blues and Yellows drop about the same quality/quantity as each other. Standard purple enemies drop slightly worse loot than Blue/Yellows.

And by quality I pretty much their chance of dropping a Legendary.

Three for three on legendaries that can't replace rares or level 60 items today.

To be fair, I don't think anything is good enough for me to give up my Tal Rasha meteors and the damage roll I got on this sword is more rare than a legendary.

Acti

FUCK ME! God DAMMIT! Blizzard for the love of God disable the online shit on Hardcore... This is the 2nd time I've died because of fucking lag on Blizz servers. The game lag for 1 sec and them BOOOOM!!!!, get WALLED BITCH!

Am I the the only one that is going through this?

Teknoman

Posted awhile back, but anyone know what could be causing this?

Issue we're having on another PC

Old video card, Radeon HD 2900 PRO, but other than those strange artifacts popping up on certain light/smoke sources, it runs great.

FUCK ME! God DAMMIT! Blizzard for the love of God disable the online shit on Hardcore... This is the 2nd time I've died because of fucking lag on Blizz servers. The game lag for 1 sec and them BOOOOM!!!!, get WALLED BITCH!

Am I the the only one that is going through this?

Probably not, but such is the issue of always online. Someone else earlier cant even play because of a cable company screw up.

TheYanger

I haven't tested for myself but I'm curious if the high cost to remove gems counts for lower level gear (with high level gem in slot obviously) Yea I suppose you can just salvage it when you're done, but I'm curious none the less.

I heard you talking about this earlier. Was hoping a screen would be posted. This is sick. Awesome transmog!

You either keep it for another alt or you salvage it. it costs a ton.

Enchanting makes such a huge difference in fixing items that aren't as good as they should be. rolling with half decent weapons finally cause of it

5Fs1qxx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom