• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmfdmpig

I'm 1 for 1 with Horadric Caches so far. I finished 5 bounties (in about an hour or so). I got one or two legendaries during the bounties and then one nice legendary ring (Ring of Royal Grandeur).

Liking adventure mode so far. Also, the xp bonuses for each bounty make it a great way to get XP.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
iUq5MTD.jpg

Dat secondary. My god.

Botp'd and quoting because this effect needs to be shared.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'm 1 for 1 with Horadric Caches so far. I finished 5 bounties (in about an hour or so). I got one or two legendaries during the bounties and then one nice legendary ring (Ring of Royal Grandeur).

Liking adventure mode so far. Also, the xp bonuses for each bounty make it a great way to get XP.

lol, lucky. That ring is pretty desirable. I've done 10 so far, no luck.

Botp'd and quoting because this effect needs to be shared.

Nice! Do you remember which act you got it from?

RS4-

Unity
+ MoE/R/H I gain 70k DPS with just my follower
+ MoC there is no gain.

I'll have to test it with a WD and pets.

On another note: 15 Mal runs on hard & expert
1 shoulder leg that rolled strength
1 urn of quickening mat
0 reaper mats

tested with a friend's WD

I went from 780k to 1.2-1.4m depending on what he's casting and what summons are out. Oh and got a captains crimson's trimmings plan from Mal on hard

Sanctuary

Haha, omfg. My DPS was steadily stalling and the game was being less enjoyable as the levels crept up past the early 50s. Just hit 60 and my damage jumped from 18k to 60k using the Ancient Bonesaber. Hammers are flying pretty fast now too and I can also use Judgement as my generator over Slash.

anthym

Neo Member
Game is pissing me the fuck off. Never had this issue before RoS (nor on RoS day 1). I keep getting error 3007 issues--I can do like 3-4 bounties (if I'm quick) before everything stops and I can move around, but not cast any spells. Occasionally it'll reconnect and all will be well, but most of the time it just disconnects me usually causing me to restart the entire client.

Dunno if any of you know how to decipher Traceroutes, but this was mine to the D3 America server.

Code:
Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  DD-WRT [192.168.1.1] 
  2    18 ms     8 ms     8 ms  10.242.32.1 
  3     6 ms     7 ms     5 ms  crr02chcpma-tge-0-1-0-4.chcp.ma.charter.com [96.34.84.198] 
  4     7 ms     7 ms    13 ms  crr04oxfrma-tge-0-5-0-2.oxfr.ma.charter.com [96.34.81.34] 
  5    15 ms    14 ms     9 ms  bbr01oxfrma-bue-2.oxfr.ma.charter.com [96.34.2.14] 
  6    20 ms    24 ms    18 ms  xe-4-2-0.bar2.Boston1.Level3.net [4.53.56.129] 
  7     *       18 ms    19 ms  ae-8-8.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.140.98] 
  8    17 ms    18 ms    20 ms  ae-61-61.csw1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.134.66] 
  9    18 ms    19 ms     *     ae-1-60.edge3.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.155.17] 
 10     *       20 ms    19 ms  att-level3.newyork1.level3.net [4.68.63.142] 
 11   103 ms   102 ms   101 ms  cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.131.102] 
 12   113 ms   111 ms   109 ms  cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.1.2] 
 13    83 ms     *        *     cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.2.53] 
 14    86 ms    82 ms    83 ms  cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85] 
 15     *       83 ms     *     cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25] 
 16    83 ms    82 ms     *     cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30] 
 17    94 ms    90 ms    93 ms  gar20.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.128.181] 
 18    81 ms    81 ms    81 ms  12.122.251.190 
 19    93 ms    93 ms    94 ms  206.16.68.46 
 20    82 ms    81 ms     *     12.129.199.178 
 21    80 ms     *       91 ms  12.129.209.68 

Trace complete.

Not sure what those *'s mean..but they look naughty. Also when I lose connection if I alt-tab I can see the broken link icon on the top right of the battle.net launcher thingy. Even going to the D3 website/forums is slow as fuck. Might it just be Blizzard and certain areas of the country?

I've been getting that once a day at least since I started back playing last week. I just attributed it to my shitty DSL Internet. Hopefully it's a problem they can fix.

On another note: I can't stop playing this game. And when I'm at work it's all I think about. Reminds me of when I was in high school and lord of destruction came out. I would spend hours upon hours doing cow runs. It's a shame I had no intention of buying RoS or playing d3 again until I clicked on this thread one day. Now my brand new sealed copies of infamous and ground zeroes are just sitting on the shelf. I'll get around to turning my ps4 back on someday.

Edit: just did a quick google search on that error code and blizzard suggests enabling windows secondary login service. I'll give that a try when I get home

plake

So happy :)

skrmavbild2014-03-27kjpjvj.png

Also enchanted a trifecta amulet that should last me a while. Cost me a mil or something though...

skrmavbild2014-03-27koxkl3.png

Encountered a weird rift floor....

skrmavbild2014-03-27kspkdd.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So my haul tonight includes 3 legendary rings, a 2500 dps Sever, a legendary belt, the 4 wolves DH cloak, a shitty dagger I immediately salvaged, and a 2800 dps 2hander.

I tried to enchant the sever for a socket, but best option I got was attack speed. Blarg.

So my friend got two torment only achievements on normal when he accidentally entered Malthael without turning the difficulty to normal. He managed to survive long enough till Malthael ported to the middle and started channeling the slow moving projectiles and alt+f4'd. He was still miraculously alive when he logged back in. Proceeded to kill him on normal as intended and was awarded with these two achievements.

RS4-

iB9nGGzhM5mBE.jpg

Above with 1 wd and pets
Below is with one follower and fire ally

With any other ally it's 800k
Without ally it's down to 764k or something

Kssio_Aug

I finally dropped 2 nice legendarie ammulets. One was veery interesting, however it was dropping almost 100k dps of my wiz compared to the other, so I gave it to my friend (I hope to not regret it later).

I am with something like 350k sheet dps when using magic weapon. Have an equip that give 15% light skill damage and other 15% cold skill damage. I use both all the time.

My toughness is something near to 2.500.000, with 1000 to resist to all.

Am I doing good?? After I saw a gaffer here with 1kk DPS my Wiz sounds very weak. Lol

mileS

lol, lucky. That ring is pretty desirable. I've done 10 so far, no luck.

Nice! Do you remember which act you got it from?

Those gloves are act2 sir.

Currently going for them. Got the boots that let you walk through mobs instead. x2. Can't complain.

Totakeke

I feel like I need a guide to what to reroll for at the Mystic. I know everyone loves trifecta stuff or weapons with all +dmg affixes, which feels like something carried over from 1.0 due to no primary/secondary split. But when you have a near max LoH roll, it doesn't seem wise to reroll it for more damage.

I guess it'll take some time before people figure out what's the best way to optimize gear.

The Mystic can only reroll one stat right? I'm not sure why I thought she could do up to two.

ferr

Finally replaced my kridershot.. had to change my build because of it.

KzJDR9B.png

also managed to get this around the same time.. so awesome!

iyoPXI9.png

Kssio_Aug

So is the expansion worth it?

People are loving the Crusader class (I just tried, but seems good); the Adventure Mode is awesome and add a lot to the gameplay, and encourages you to not farm the same place over and over again; the nephalem rifts are awesome too, very interesting random generated dungeons; act V is the best act of all, with tons of dungeons to do (took me at about 6 hours to complete, without rushing); and the level 70 cap is doing nice upgrades.

I'd say that it definitely worth buying if you enjoyed Diablo 3 after patch 2.0.

So is there a FAQ on how transmog works? I was trying to transmog to a legendary bow I got when I started and it won't let me. I checked the forums and all I could find was an old ass FAQ from November.

JCizzle

The second level of rifts is... insane. I was fighting about 5 elite packs simultaneously since they were packed in so close.

danielcw

Shared storage per clan or group
Are there any plans for this?
or has it ever been discussed?

I am mostly playing with a friend of mine,
and we have been sharing some stuff
(production materials) and found equipment for each other.
But the last few days we were not online at the same time.

We both thought it would be nice, if community-groups or clans could share stuff.

(I am mostly new to Diablo 3, so forgive me, is this is somehow an old thing, please)

anthym

Neo Member
Shared storage per clan or group
Are there any plans for this?
or has it ever been discussed?

I am mostly playing with a friend of mine,
and we have been sharing some stuff
(production materials) and found equipment for each other.
But the last few days we were not online at the same time.

We both thought it would be nice, if community-groups or clans could share stuff.

(I am mostly new to Diablo 3, so forgive me, is this is somehow an old thing, please)

A friend and I were discussing this the other day. I think it's something they could add in a future patch. As well as removing account bound on some legs and adding a trading hub in game (much like in d2 where you could create a game just for trading items). I don't know how it would work but it would be cool to be able to pull up a games list with titles or descriptions. I just don't think it would work with the way the game is set up currently.

mileS

The second level of rifts is... insane. I was fighting about 5 elite packs simultaneously since they were packed in so close.

Which makes me think going up in torment levels is going to be a bit more difficult compared to pre-RoS. Not that I have a problem with that. Love how crazy rifts can get. I love the ones you enter and theres 2-3 elite packs, and champ just waiting for you. Insane.

Instro

Hit 70 on my WD today, just about to get to Adria I believe in story mode. This Act is incredibly long if you do and check everything along the way that's for sure. Particularly since many of the areas are so complex and expansive. I've managed to keep it at Torment 1 the entire way, with minimal upgrades so far. Now that I'm 70 though I'm thinking some really good stuff will start dropping.

anthym

Neo Member
Hit 70 on my WD today, just about to get to Adria I believe in story mode. This Act is incredibly long if you do and check everything along the way that's for sure. Particularly since many of the areas are so complex and expansive. I've managed to keep it at Torment 1 the entire way, with minimal upgrades so far. Now that I'm 70 though I'm thinking some really good stuff will start dropping.

Prepare for a long fight. Took me forever on my WD to kill her on t1. But my dps was shit at the time. You may be okay.

valeo

Quick q; if I buy reaper of souls and my brother still just has vanilla D3 - can we play together? Can I play as a crusader with him?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Bought and playing. I liked 2.0 so I am sure I will like this, playing through Act V on Torment I with my barb to unlock Adventure mode, which I am still unsure as to what that even is.

So I discovered all completionist cheeves from pre-2.0 were shoved under Feats to give new to the revamped system and new completionist cheeves were implemented. Lvl 69 about to take on Skeleton King and then going to tackle the rest of D3 again, ADVENTURE MODE SHALL WAIT.

Braag

Ever since I reached lv.70 l get very few legendary drops. And those few I get are always bracers or rings with crap stats -_-

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First post in awhile, but had to kick in and quote this.
I dont understand the point of blood shards. It's just more garbage. I even got a blue item.......
It's not "more garbage". Here's two items from blood shards that I got today:

3pq3mWo.png

Braag

I dont understand the point of blood shards. It's just more garbage. I even got a blue item.......

Yeah I thought the items bought by blood shards would be very good or with high chance of getting a legendary but to my surprise blood shards are very easy to come by and all you get is junk with them... so what's the point?

It's not "more garbage". Here's two items from blood shards that I got today:

Hell you lucked out Yoshi.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No, I didn't luck out.

The more you play the game, the more shards you get. The more shards you get, the higher chance (technically) you'll be getting better items. I've spent a lot of blood shards - the point of the quote was to prove that it's far from "more garbage".

Ashodin

Yeah I thought the items bought by blood shards would be very good or with high chance of getting a legendary but to my surprise blood shards are very easy to come by and all you get is junk with them... so what's the point?

MATS, materials, items, reroll the items, maybe a legendary

ITS GAMBLING YO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom