• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

My level 26 Crusader..all of it Transmogrificated. Looks pretty badass and the color is a bit in spirit of my D3 C.E.

crusader3skb8.png

Cathcart

It doesn't really seem like there's any point to me.

I also have my doubles on Act I and Act V every single time.

I only ever do Act 1 because the bounties seem easier/quicker to me.
So I just went back in and now it's Acts 1 & 2. Guess it does change. Not sure if it had anything to do with me being at the Act 2 camp when I left before remaking, though.

J2d

I was a bit hesitant to buy this but I've been having a blast, the only thing I'm a bit miffed about is the nephalem rifts, the rewards seems a bit lack luster so far.

I'm also a bit disappointed that all the grinding in vanilla D3 didn't mean much and if there's just gonna be more expansions I don't see myself putting in the time I did before. I don't agree with all the account bound stuff either, I should be able to give away items to my clan mates at least.

Sigh, after a wealth of PC issues the past two days including a dead hard drive, two formats and my new graphics card running severely worse then it should be maybe tonight I will get to fight Death!

Haines

Banned
FUCK ME! God DAMMIT! Blizzard for the love of God disable the online shit on Hardcore... This is the 2nd time I've died because of fucking lag on Blizz servers. The game lag for 1 sec and them BOOOOM!!!!, get WALLED BITCH!

Am I the the only one that is going through this?

Hc death rage never gets old lol

terrisus

Well, it only took a day and a half, but I finally finished playing through Acts 1-4 (due to having reset the quest progress a while ago). That was stupid.

On the bright side, I gained 5 levels in the process, so am up to Level 65 for the start of Act 5, and found some gear even just from playing through Acts 1-4 on Normal that was an upgrade from what I already had. So, that's a plus.

At least I can finally start on Act 5 now.
And it was better than being stuck waiting for UPS

Kacho

So yeah...blizz did a phenomenal job. I'll be playing this for months and months no doubt. Couldn't be happier.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Decided to marry my vanilla CE with a RoS CE. Will get here Friday via Amazon. Trying to decide on whether I keep leveling my 46 Barb from pre patch or start a crusader from scratch.

Sarcasm

Is there still a bonus for buying the game or should I wait till something else comes? I only ask since it is not a good time for me to be buying a new games and time sink. Got university to worry about.

Shadow780

Do lv70s loot drop only after you hit lv70 as well?

My barb is lv.69 should I just grind all my other classes to level 70 before moving on to Act 5?

Zaru

Although I'm enjoying the gameplay, I've got something else to complain about:

Does the team responsible for Diablo not have a single capable person for writing 3d engines? While I can enjoy the visual style for what it is, the character models, which are showcased too often to ignore, look like something from 10 years ago. Some extremely ugly texture resolutions as well. Can it be SO hard to make them look less pixelated/blurry on modern hardware?

Dahbomb

The worst. Fucking. Luck. Four for four in garbage legendaries today.

AIp09PZ.png
Your first Legendary wasn't a garbage Legendary at all. It's just one socket re-roll away from being highly usable. It's part of a set so it's always going to be valuable. Plus there's no way it's going to compete again a full Tal Rasha's set especially the chest piece which gives attack speed on a chest... lol even Monks want that shit on them.

Tom Penny

So monks get a dps buff for every single pet a witch doctor has running unity? Nuts. I need to roll with 3 witch doctors if i ever get to play the damn game :(

Urghhh...I was L67 last night and was working my way to L70...I was praying that no legendary drops till i get to L70. Since 2.01, I have had plenty of legendary drops, but no set items.

Lo and behold, at L68......not only a set item drop for me...but FOUR...yes...FOUR set items dropped for me. All rolled at L68 stats....grrrrrr. Much annoyance. And only 1 was an upgrade.

plenilune

Anyone know if leg plans count as legendary drops?
In that once it drops ,your leg drop chance is reset to default instead of keeping increasing. And also when it drops as a guaranteed leg from Act V boss?

Your first Legendary wasn't a garbage Legendary at all. It's just one socket re-roll away from being highly usable. It's part of a set so it's always going to be valuable. Plus there's no way it's going to compete again a full Tal Rasha's set especially the chest piece which gives attack speed on a chest... lol even Monks want that shit on them.

The robes were OK, but the stats rolled low (like all within bottom 10%) and even if I wanted to throw souls at it and roll 3 sockets, I have better alternatives. This wand is truly horrid, though and was instantly salvaged. This was my sixth or seventh legendary one handed weapon and I have two rare weapons that are better than all of them.

Anyone know if leg plans count as legendary drops?
In that once it drops ,your leg drop chance is reset to default instead of keeping increasing. And also when it drops as a guaranteed leg from Act V boss?

I'm not sure that's how probability works.

Game is pissing me the fuck off. Never had this issue before RoS (nor on RoS day 1). I keep getting error 3007 issues--I can do like 3-4 bounties (if I'm quick) before everything stops and I can move around, but not cast any spells. Occasionally it'll reconnect and all will be well, but most of the time it just disconnects me usually causing me to restart the entire client.

Dunno if any of you know how to decipher Traceroutes, but this was mine to the D3 America server.

Code:
Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  DD-WRT [192.168.1.1] 
  2    18 ms     8 ms     8 ms  10.242.32.1 
  3     6 ms     7 ms     5 ms  crr02chcpma-tge-0-1-0-4.chcp.ma.charter.com [96.34.84.198] 
  4     7 ms     7 ms    13 ms  crr04oxfrma-tge-0-5-0-2.oxfr.ma.charter.com [96.34.81.34] 
  5    15 ms    14 ms     9 ms  bbr01oxfrma-bue-2.oxfr.ma.charter.com [96.34.2.14] 
  6    20 ms    24 ms    18 ms  xe-4-2-0.bar2.Boston1.Level3.net [4.53.56.129] 
  7     *       18 ms    19 ms  ae-8-8.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.140.98] 
  8    17 ms    18 ms    20 ms  ae-61-61.csw1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.134.66] 
  9    18 ms    19 ms     *     ae-1-60.edge3.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.155.17] 
 10     *       20 ms    19 ms  att-level3.newyork1.level3.net [4.68.63.142] 
 11   103 ms   102 ms   101 ms  cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.131.102] 
 12   113 ms   111 ms   109 ms  cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.1.2] 
 13    83 ms     *        *     cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.2.53] 
 14    86 ms    82 ms    83 ms  cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85] 
 15     *       83 ms     *     cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25] 
 16    83 ms    82 ms     *     cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30] 
 17    94 ms    90 ms    93 ms  gar20.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.128.181] 
 18    81 ms    81 ms    81 ms  12.122.251.190 
 19    93 ms    93 ms    94 ms  206.16.68.46 
 20    82 ms    81 ms     *     12.129.199.178 
 21    80 ms     *       91 ms  12.129.209.68 

Trace complete.

Not sure what those *'s mean..but they look naughty. Also when I lose connection if I alt-tab I can see the broken link icon on the top right of the battle.net launcher thingy. Even going to the D3 website/forums is slow as fuck. Might it just be Blizzard and certain areas of the country?

RS4-

Unity
+ MoE/R/H I gain 70k DPS with just my follower
+ MoC there is no gain.

I'll have to test it with a WD and pets.

On another note: 15 Mal runs on hard & expert
1 shoulder leg that rolled strength
1 urn of quickening mat
0 reaper mats

valeo

Quick q; if I buy reaper of souls and my brother still just has vanilla D3 - can we play together? Can I play as a crusader with him?

mandiller

End of expansion story spoiler
How bad was the ending? I just finished it and though the story and campaign we're going good (above D3 vanilla anyway) and then it just ends with 'oh yeah, Diablo is free now'. That was pretty much word for word the conclusion. Destroying the black soul stone was the whole quest in D3 after capturing the souls and you actually manage it at the end of the expansion and that's a bad thing. So stupid and unsatisfying.

The new features and loot are amazing and fun, but the story....ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom