• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn't luck out.

The more you play the game, the more shards you get. The more shards you get, the higher chance (technically) you'll be getting better items. I've spent a lot of blood shards - the point of the quote was to prove that it's far from "more garbage".

Don't you have the sane odds of getting an equally crappy item each time? I don't believe there is any system in place to improve your shard odds?

Also, I got a Blackthorn's set belt from her today. Better lucky than good.

Rerolling rings is painful. Three flawless imperial amethysts and forgotten souls down the drain so far.

EDIT: Topaz, even. Much worse.

MATS, materials, items, reroll the items, maybe a legendary

ITS GAMBLING YO

It's not even gambling really, when you have nothing to lose. It's not like you can use the blood shards for anything else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't you have the sane odds of getting an equally crappy item each time? I don't believe there is any system in place to improve your shard odds?
There's no system behind it. I was just pointing out the logics behind using more shards on items = higher chance of getting better items.

Someone spending 2000 shards on an item technically has a higher chance of getting a better than than someone spending 10 shards.

Finally beat the last boss, I had to keep switching my build to kill him, then the 2nd half form he one shot me with the ring of fire. Then I had to lower the difficulty and finally beat him. Seriously it seems like impossible to kill him on master/torment with all those projectiles coming towards you.

Couldn't resist even after putting some hours into the new patch, love the expansion. Excited to be in the GAF clan and play this time since Diablo III I mostly played on my own. Getting a ton of nostalgia from this game finally.

Ever since I reached lv.70 l get very few legendary drops. And those few I get are always bracers or rings with crap stats -_-

Same here. The last one I got was a pretty decent amulet for my monk after clearing act 5, and have gotten nothing since.

It's actually kind of annoying because my brother seems to get a quite a few legendaries whenever he does runs and he's playing on hard difficulty while I play on master/torment 1 (well now I'm playing on expert but even still...).

I started selling blues instead of salvaging them and it seems like maybe gold might be self sustainable after all; especially once I start selling rares as well.

...and someone just linked a 2.2K DPS Chantodo's Will where he rerolled one of the secondaries into +XP instead of resource cost reduction into a socket. I'm sad now.

hitmon

Haven't played in a while, but it seems like loot drops have gotten worse from when I last played. Only 2 blues and some gold from a resplendent chest in act 3 normal..

Trickster

Do you unlock transmog appearance through items gained through the bloodshard vendor?

I think everytime you acquire an item with a skin you haven't had on a item you've owned yet, it will be added to your available transmogs, no matter where you get them

Sanctuary

People are loving the Crusader class (I just tried, but seems good); the Adventure Mode is awesome and add a lot to the gameplay, and encourages you to not farm the same place over and over again; the nephalem rifts are awesome too, very interesting random generated dungeons; act V is the best act of all, with tons of dungeons to do (took me at about 6 hours to complete, without rushing); and the level 70 cap is doing nice upgrades.

I'd say that it definitely worth buying if you enjoyed Diablo 3 after patch 2.0.

Err, some people are loving the Crusader class, but right now it's the weakest by far out of them all. It has the worst movement speed (not even counting Heavenly Strength), has as much damage reduction as a Demon Hunter, has only one or two decent wrath spenders, is pretty okay at clearing swarms and rather shit on bosses. Too many ultra long cooldown abilities as well. All escape options are 25s - 30s too. The class was severly nerfed from the beta. It was overpowered at the start, people were able to solo T3/4 in the best possible gear towards the middle, and now T1 is about where you will stop unless you want to take hours on bounties, while all of the other classes are in T3+.

forrest

formerly nacire
Absolutely every game that lets you define the look of your character needs to have some sort of transmogrification system in it.

test.gifc7j01.gif

Tarazet

I got a boost on a Crusader that I made today up to 58 using bounties by starting a game on Torment VI and having a level 70 friend blow through it. I died in many hilarious ways. So now I have no gear and no idea how to play the class. What specs are people having good luck with solo, for good efficiency in Act V densely packed mobs?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I got a boost on a Crusader that I made today up to 58 using bounties by starting a game on Torment VI and having a level 70 friend blow through it. I died in many hilarious ways. So now I have no gear and no idea how to play the class. What specs are people having good luck with solo, for good efficiency in Act V densely packed mobs?

I was solo leveling my crusader on master difficulty today and my favorite build so far is blessed hammers (dominon) and condemn, with judgement to root everything in place as I watch them melt around me.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ people crapping on the Gambling system.

Half of the items I have on right now are from Gambling. My Boots, Glove, both Rings, Amulet, Belt and Bracers are from gambling.

Basically you save up like 300-400 shards and then buy all one slot. You mostly get rares so this is basically like crafting a Rare for that slot... only you just need to find one that has the best stats and one that can be made great with just an Enchant.

So for a Bracer all you need to look for is two of the following: main stat, crit and +% elemental damage of your choice. Once you get two of those you Enchant the 3rd stat for the missing one and now you have a great Bracer.

...and someone just linked a 2.2K DPS Chantodo's Will where he rerolled one of the secondaries into +XP instead of resource cost reduction into a socket. I'm sad now.
LMAO EPIC FAIL!!!!!

I got a 2.2K Fist of Aztarask today, rolled one of the stats into a socket... pretty happy with myself.

Jeez, been playing D3 for 9 hours straight. Had some crazy things happen, though. Our group managed to find a goblin room, with this as the fallout:

d3picgoblins55lh4.jpg

And then I managed to find this insane 1-H crossbow:

d3crazycrossbow3oxdd.jpg

I don't have a DH yet, but you better believe I'm making one now! In fact, I tried re-rolling that 2.5% slow about 7 times to make it a red. lvl requirement, but to no avail. I REALLY want to use it at 40. It would be hilarious.

Edit: Updated crossbow pic to show potential rolls.

im definitely a noob at this game... but is it just me or are crusaders kinda bad?

wrath spenders are weak and it takes forever to generate wrath... and whats with all these 45 seconds cooldown skills? Am I playing a mmo now?

And that 2 second horse skill... come on :/

Trickster

im definitely a noob at this game... but is it just me or are crusaders kinda bad?

wrath spenders are weak and it takes forever to generate wrath... and whats with all these 45 seconds cooldown skills? Am I playing a mmo now?

My friend who has 500k+ dps and 14 mil toughness unbuffed likes it quite a bit

Crusaders are all about blowing huge cooldowns at a time from what I experienced leveling one to 70. Wrath spenders and generators are crap. I use the passive commander something that reduces cooldown on bombardment and steed and also use the beams from the sky move and phalanx on every elite pack I find. Other than that, i've tried shield with lots of block and it still underwhelming without using those big cooldown abilities.

Im curious if anyone has the mats and fund to go all out cooldown reduction to see how crusaders are after that (offensive). I want to try that but I don't have the mats to roll cooldown reduction on every gear.

Dahbomb

First post in awhile, but had to kick in and quote this.

It's not "more garbage". Here's two items from blood shards that I got today:

3pq3mWo.png

LOL what is this? Why aren't you playing Crusader?

Dat fake Hammer hype.

Anyway I knew Crusader wasn't going to be good starting out. Only way you can make the class work is with their OP Legendary items. It's sort of the same as DH where they get an absurd weapon like Kridershot to make them somewhat good.

Imagine if Monk got something like that... LTK now gives you Spirit!

Question: Months before I came back to the game now for RoS, I was having a lot of fun as a Double Tornado Barb or whatever they were called - running around with Sprint creating tornadoes while Whirlwinding through everything. Is that not possible anymore? It seems the tornadoes do not generate fury.

Artanisix

LOL what is this? Why aren't you playing Crusader?

Dat fake Hammer hype.

Anyway I knew Crusader wasn't going to be good starting out. Only way you can make the class work is with their OP Legendary items. It's sort of the same as DH where they get an absurd weapon like Kridershot to make them somewhat good.

Imagine if Monk got something like that... LTK now gives you Spirit!

Yoshi is all about dat op wizard

crozier

FUCK ME! God DAMMIT! Blizzard for the love of God disable the online shit on Hardcore... This is the 2nd time I've died because of fucking lag on Blizz servers. The game lag for 1 sec and them BOOOOM!!!!, get WALLED BITCH!

Am I the the only one that is going through this?
I basically gave up on hardcore for this reason. My screen will literally lock up for 20 seconds and there's nothing to do but pray. No other game does this either.

Dreavus

I was mostly ignoring gems and just throwing marquises into my stuff, but then I actually LOOKED at the stats they eventually start giving (after you combine them) and holy shit. The gains for each tier are ridiculously good compared to the previous progression up to marquise. Something like an additional +60 stat for the "other" slot each tier. That's crazy!

2 flawless imperial and 1 royal topaz later my damage got a pretty huge boost.

Radec

wow, didn't know Key Wardens got changed in RoS

8) Any changes on Keywardens, Ubers, Hellfire Ring in 2.0.1?
There is a completely new Hellfire Ring on level 70, with new keys, a new Infernal Machine crafting recipe, updated stats to level 70 (including 45% instead of 35% bonus XP), and an additional fourth portal you need to open. Give it a try! You cannot wear both the level 60 and level 70 Hellfire Ring, so you probably want the level 70 ring in the end.

The Keywardens gained some nasty new abilities in 2.0.1; Xah'Rith (act 3) gained the ability to multiply himself, Sokahr (act 2) occasionally reflects your spells, and Odeg (act 1) became a coward and will occasionally run away through the entire Fields of Misery, happy chasing. The ubers' mechanics haven't changed though. The new drop rates (for keys and organs) range from 25% (Torment 1) to 50% (Torment 6) - yes, significantly lower, but also realize that there is not Nephalem Valor anymore.

These aren't really spoilers for the ending but someone might think they are.

Wow ok. That Reaper of Souls ending, they aren't obviously planning another expansion or anything lol. They didn't even give a fuck, they were like fuck you I bet you thought this shit was gonna be over but HAHAHAHA NO.

conweller

Neo Member
I was absolutely convinced that Vengeance was going to be the most worthless stinking skill for Demon Hunters.

I was mistaken.

Step 1.) Group 3-4 elite mobs or bosses around.
Step 2.) Press Vengeance Key.
Step 3.) Hold down mouse button.
Step 4.) Everything is dead.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
OK wow. 30 pages of replies since I last checked
this thread on Monday.

I have some catching up to do...

Just started RoS tonight and it is fucking amazing!

forrest

formerly nacire
I was absolutely convinced that Vengeance was going to be the most worthless stinking skill for Demon Hunters.

I was mistaken.

Agreed, great ability. I slotted it as soon as I unlocked it and have yet to remove it.

Sanctuary

The last 5 levels as a crit beam crusader were some of the most fun i've had with this game

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#WVlYfR!Yaeg!cYcbYY

Yeah, it's just like playing a Disintegrate Wizard, but requiring double the amount of cooldowns for similar damage, much less range and without the crazy flexibility in mobility or survivability options.
Who knows. Maybe they'll turn out similar to vanilla WoW Warriors. One of the worst classes from 1-60 and then god mode once in all purple. And maybe an orange.

sgjackson

Where can I go to read about the optimal way to gear? I'm pretty happy with my spec (and keep decent rare gear rolls for other specs should I decide to experiment further) but I'm sort of assuming that the Blizzard DPS/toughness/healing stats aren't perfectly accurate and would like some harder data on how to maximize DPS and EHP.

Insaniac

I fucking love enchanting. And I'm getting super lucky getting great rolls that I need after one or two tries:

and Transmog is amazing also. Just finished A5 and gonna start Adventure mode tomorrow/Crusader. LOVING IT

Ashodin

I was mistaken.

Loved it every minute I got it since 61 on my DH. SO AWESOME PEW PEW LASERS

Mupod

been running torment 2 adventure mode as a barbarian with my monk friend. We were doing fine until we got to a rift floor we now call the Swamp of Shitstorms.

It was a small open swamp map, basically just one large 'room'. With fourteen elite packs in it. All using the reaper enemy type. With unbelievable amounts of regular enemies - basically every inch of the place was crawling with them. At one point we had to die over and over to kite them away from the entrance because we'd just get spammed with abilities that locked down our characters. But we eventually started making headway and finally cleared it out. The funny thing was even after we'd wiped out the main body of enemies we kept finding MORE groups of elites in little corners of the map. Came out of it with a couple legendary drops and 7 death's breath, at least.

In retrospect we should have invited some people on our friends list to watch them die horribly.

ezekial45

Banned
Good lord, the Adventure Mode is fantastic. I'm thinking of ditching the campaign for my Crusader and going full on in this mode. It's so much fun and great change of pace.

Nokterian

Good lord, the Adventure Mode is fantastic. I'm thinking of ditching the campaign for my Crusader and going full on in this mode. It's so much fun and great change of pace.

That's what i have been doing with my crusader leveling up through adventure mode. Gonna do the same with my other characters.

shmoglish

Totally in Love with the Adventure Mode. Finally found 2 great 1-Hand Weapons (140k dps-180k dps).

Had a hard time in my first Nephalem Rift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom