• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesmokey

I can't decide if I should finally give up Blur and start using Glass Cannon again. It's so hard to give up toughness once you get used to tanking.

Torment 3 jump is pretty hard for gear fights like The Butcher. I can handle normal elites fine, but don't have fast enough damage for him. Might be just a matter of skill layout though.

jblank83

Depends on your gear but I settled on Blur, Audacity, Unwavering Will, and Elemental Exposure (arcane + fire + lightning = 15% extra dmg), along with some gear specific damage bonuses like the knockback on Strongarm Bracers, as well as survivability with the melee reduction on String of Ears.

Now if only I could find a ranged reduction similar to String of Ears, because the archers in Act V are terrifying.

KuroNeeko

What does it mean when you have an orange dot (versus no orange dot) next to the secondary properties listed on your equipment?

Why do character levels sometimes appear in parenthesis like Character level: 30 (59)?

Ashodin

What does it mean when you have an orange dot (versus no orange dot) next to the secondary properties listed on your equipment?

Why do character levels sometimes appear in parenthesis like Character level: 30 (59)?
Orange dots aren't reflected on your damage toughness or healing numbers.

Parentheses numbers are paragon levels

BigDug13

The ugly face of always-on DRM rears its ugly crap. My internet is down for whatever reason and now I can't play my single player Diablo 3. Zzz.

What's what the PS4/XBO version will be for. Cheat-filled version that can be played offline. At least there is an option, just not on PC.

wsippel

Banned
While the German voice acting sucks, the localization is actually pretty funny. Just noticed that the "Cape of the Dark Night" I got yesterday was localized to "Cape des Schreckens, der die Nacht durchflattert" - they changed the Batman reference to a Darkwing Duck one.

It's a pretty nice cape, too. I wonder if I should try to replace the +10% life with sockets for more dex.

Nymerio

Got my monk up to 550k dps yesterday. Anyone using Epiphany? I don't like skills with long cooldowns in this game. The skill in itselft seems interesting, but the cooldown really kills it for me :(

Teknoman

Wooooow. Loot 2.0 makes this game so much better! Also just everything 2.0 added along with how awesome the crusader is...pretty close to classic greatness.

What is up with yellows and rares from 60-70. I was stuck with pretty much the same gear from 61 to 70. Like most items would straight have no redeeming qualities but were higher level than what I had equipped. Straight red, every yellow, blue and white. It took a few legendary drops to get incremental upgrades and even then I've had to slog a while through adventure mode, level up to 70 and grind out six Horadric Cache's and through 4 Nephalem Rifts to finally get some decent replacements. My sword is still lvl 61.

I needed to play higher difficulty levels to get better gear but I needed better gear to play the higher difficulty levels.

What is up with yellows and rares from 60-70. I was stuck with pretty much the same gear from 61 to 70. Like most items would straight have no redeeming qualities but were higher level than what I had equipped. Straight red, every yellow, blue and white. It took a few legendary drops to get incremental upgrades and even then I've had to slog a while through adventure mode, level up to 70 and grind out six Horadric Cache's and through 4 Nephalem Rifts to finally get some decent replacements. My sword is still lvl 61.

I needed to play higher difficulty levels to get better gear but I needed better gear to play the higher difficulty levels.

I crafted two decent 1H weapons with sockets around 2k dps each. Good way to get started.

The weapon I just got for my WD

7Lgya.jpg

I waited so long to get a 1h leg with a socket, so happy about this.

My current numbers and build:

7LgCR.jpg

This is working pretty well for me on Master Difficulty, I might try Torment 1 soon.

acidagfc

Did not take a screenshot, unfortunately.

Yesterday I found a rare belt named "THE WEAPON".

I wonder, do I spank mobs with it or strangle them?

jersoc

was in a rift earlier with some gafo'ers. holy shit it was insane. we were fighting 6 packs at once. it was pretty funny because we were just saying how the last level sucked because it was almost empty. we zone and BAAM ambushed.

also, fuck arcane.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So just to show - it is possible to get a leg from Kadala. Mind you this was from dropping 800 odd shards into her but hey -

907ihkR.jpg

I'll take it lol.

Teknoman

So story question:

I've always wondered why they have to get the crown to
open Leoric's tomb, place the crown on his head to bring him back to unlife, just to kill him
. Wouldnt it make more sense to have to kill him first, then take the crown somewhere to have it permanently destroyed?

Maybe its been awhile, and i'll have my memory refreshed once we finish this section...

Oh im Teknoman #1953, could I get an invite to the NA GAF clan (or the overflow clan).

Zemm

7Lgya.jpg

My current numbers and build:

7LgCR.jpg

This is working pretty well for me on Master Difficulty, I might try Torment 1 soon.

That weapon would work so well with my build! Piranhas that slow, haunt that splits to two enemies and the passive skill that makes both last forever. All cold spells and all highly damaging.

Crusader to 62. Can't see how long I've played her though since the display where it shows all the others is seemingly bugged for crusader.

Class is pretty fun, not sure where I'd rank it. Gonna get her to 70 solely in adventure mode before progressing any more in campaign so I can get my guaranteed legendaries from Skeleton King, etc. at max level. Other classes were already at 60 and had Act V unlocked, so I'll probably play them more normally, but waiting until 70 before killing the final boss.

For some reason I didn't get the opening cinematic for Act V?? I killed Diablo, clicked Ok to move to next Act etc and only got the ending cut scene for Act IV.

Naeblish

do it.gif

Im leveling my alts this way. Leveling is FANTASTIC in this mode.
Yeah i started my crusader yesterday in campaign mode, got till the skeleton king but it became such a chore to play the campaign again. After that i started act V with my 60 barb (which isn't as fun as he used to be), just to unlock Adventure mode for my crusader. Act V is pretty awesome, gonna have to switch back to expert difficulty though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
For some reason I didn't get the opening cinematic for Act V?? I killed Diablo, clicked Ok to move to next Act etc and only got the ending cut scene for Act IV.

I've had a different problem ever since patch 2.0: in the cutscene menus I have all the narrated-by-your-character cutscenes, but none of the end-of-act cutscenes (except the vanilla ending)!

What's up with that?

Tripwood

7Lgya.jpg

That weapon would go perfect with my Cold Spirit Barrage + Corpse Bomb build.

I mainly use Spirit Barage + Area Damage for regular dps and combine it with Corpse Bomb when we group the mobs up. For elites you start with Pirahnas then Haunt all of them to gain constant mana regen, fire a few SB volleys and then spam the shit out of Corpse Bomb and clean up with SB again. Works fantastic in our group where a monk is grouping all the mobs. I have +%SP and +%Cold damage on my gear so this Azurewrath is a dream.

Also, you can try Zombie Bears - Lumbering Cold instead of Corpse Bomb to take advantage of the +%Cold damage but you have to be right on top of mobs, so it's not for everyone.

Currently with 500k dps, 5.5mil toughnes and 20k healing I am just destroying T1, great for fast bounty runs.

So just to show - it is possible to get a leg from Kadala. Mind you this was from dropping 800 odd shards into her but hey -

907ihkR.jpg

I'll take it lol.

This right there is the legendary I want to find the most. When I was playing during the PTR I found that and even another sword that had some nice lightning stuff as well as bracers who reduced damage for stunned enemies around (during lvling up first runthrough as well!!!) and it was fucking amazing. Just zapping everyone and... ah, so much fun.

Haven't found it since the PTR though :|

Beepos

Act V is easily my favorite/best design imo from all acts from d2/3. Something about urban environments I just love - plus all the side mission houses!

Braag

I have been so unlucky with legendary drops.
I get maybe 1 if I'm lucky during the time I finish all 5 bounties in an area and clear a rift. And even then it's always a ring or bracer or belt with stats not suitable for me. My last legendary was a belt with str and vit... which isn't exactly ideal for s DH.
I'm mostly using yellow rare drops and lv.60 legs. I wish I would at least get a nice proper weapon, my dps is kinda crap right now.

I'm starting to think Atrophy actually just can't have high DPS. Here is the possible damage range:

HNblqQI.png

and here is a pretty decent roll that I just got:

TnSlDSz.png

It would pretty much have to roll perfectly just for it to beat a rare.

Billen

Banned
I am completely amazed at how much I am enjoying the game currently. Replaying a reset master campaign with my barbarian, and so far I have reached heaven. Once I have gone through the campaign I will probably run the crusader in adventure mode, having read the comments about it here.

Got my monk up to 550k dps yesterday. Anyone using Epiphany? I don't like skills with long cooldowns in this game. The skill in itselft seems interesting, but the cooldown really kills it for me :(

Mark my words cooldown reduction is going to be the new priority stat to get, I bet you can get it down quite a bit through with a big fat good diamond on the helm and paragon points.

Thoraxes

This right there is the legendary I want to find the most. When I was playing during the PTR I found that and even another sword that had some nice lightning stuff as well as bracers who reduced damage for stunned enemies around (during lvling up first runthrough as well!!!) and it was fucking amazing. Just zapping everyone and... ah, so much fun.

Haven't found it since the PTR though :|
I got one at 60, heh.

nVoEtq8.jpg

Nymerio

Mark my words cooldown reduction is going to be the new priority stat to get, I bet you can get it down quite a bit through with a big fat good diamond on the helm and paragon points.

hmmm, I think I'll just collect a couple items with cd reduction and look how far down I can get it. Do you know if there is some kind of calculator around where you can try stuff like this out?

Just hit 70 with my witch doctor, thought I'd share my build as well. It works pretty good -

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gfUlYT!WfYR!ZcabaY

Basically spam Spirit Barrage to get a good mana regen going while your pets dealing damage/keeping mobs busy. Once you have enough, hit Piranhado to group them together, spirit walk to the center and spam Zombie Bears to melt everything.

I'm using mainly poison skills cause I have around 30% bonus damage from items but you can use whichever rune you prefer.
Also might be good to get rid of gargantuan in favor of Soul Harvest for some extra nuking damage but my gear is not up to par in terms of toughness so I need some cannon fodder.

danielcw

In which ways can a Reaper Of Souls player play with a standard Diablo 3 player?

While the German voice acting sucks, the localization is actually pretty funny. Just noticed that the "Cape of the Dark Night" I got yesterday was localized to "Cape des Schreckens, der die Nacht durchflattert" - they changed the Batman reference to a Darkwing Duck one.

That's cool.
I like it that the translaters have the guts to do that.

Why do you think the Gemran voice acting sucks?

Sigh, had my internet connection cut out twice when I was near finishing 5 bounties in an act. So annoying >_<

edit: Also just made two mules for white basic items. There really needs to be a lot more stash place to be honest, especially with these new crafting requirements you're bound to run out quickly.

wsippel

Banned
That's cool.
I like it that the translaters have the guts to do that.

Why do you think the Gemran voice acting sucks?
They reuse a ton of voice actors and don't really capture the character of the, well, characters. No accents or anything, either. It's like they recorded the lines without any direction and with no clear idea who exactly they were supposed to voice.

Nymerio

Sigh, had my internet connection cut out twice when I was near finishing 5 bounties in an act. So annoying >_<

edit: Also just made two mules for white basic items. There really needs to be a lot more stash place to be honest, especially with these new crafting requirements you're bound to run out quickly.

My internet cut out when I was almost done clearing all bounties. I was so pissed. Then I started from the beginning, cleared everything and found out you don't even get anything for completing all the bounties :(

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Does anyone else play with vsync on? It seems smoother to me when there is text above an item, etc. It cuts my framerate in half, but seems worth it.

dk_

Adventure mode is fantastic! I'm exclusively leveling my Crusader by doing bounties. It's so fast with gems attached and the Hellfire Ring.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Well slowly but surely my Wizard is getting upgrades. I managed to replaced my legacy triumvirate with a rare source. I never thought I'd replace it b/c of the % damage modifiers and how they scale so well...but I did.. and with a rare no less.

I'm sitting at like 750dps and 13m toughness right now which is pretty good for still having so many level 60 items.

Oh, and I hate leveling the crusader. I hated it during the beta and I still hate it now. I got to level 7 then stopped. Just don't like the class. Takes forever to kill things (or at least it feels like it does).

Cynar

I'm starting to think Atrophy actually just can't have high DPS. Here is the possible damage range:

HNblqQI.png

and here is a pretty decent roll that I just got:

TnSlDSz.png

It would pretty much have to roll perfectly just for it to beat a rare.
That life per hit is pretty huge though. It's still useful if you needed that for your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom