• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

1. You'll get a 'mail' notification ingame in the bottom left corner that will have your loot in it.

2. It's up to you. Keep em if you like them, or salvage them for brimstones.

Thanks! I´ll look into this. Will probably salvage a lot.

Won´t be able to play until I get off work friday afternoon. But after that, I´m all in! =)

scy

Do remember that sheet dps means squat. Unless your only concern is sheet dps e-peen anyway.

I'm well aware of how it works. I have plans to test what's the trade-off at some point but haven't bothered with it yet. My main skill was changing too much over the last few days (.../day) before I settled with Punish and just haven't found a belt to craft up.

Doran902

started a new game with a buddy on expert, half way through act 3 and we are level 41, pretty sweet, might only have to play part of a second playthrough to hit 60

game is amazing, haven't played in over a year and forgot how good the art is

DSmalls84

Crusaders what skills are you using so far? Only lvl 31 so far but it's been slash and hammers for me. Shield Glare is also pretty useful for quick wrath generation.

Mugaaz

One thing I'm concerned about is that Mystic really, really, hurts itemization. On virtually every single item, there are only a few good mods. The range for all the mods are actually pretty small on most rares. It seems like its going to take me less than 3 days to soft cap all my rares with CC/CD/IAS in all slots thanks to the mystic. Now, these won't be perfect rares, but its going to be extremely easy to get one 90% near caps very quickly. I imagine by the end of this weekend Ill have all lvl 70 rares, with everyone having every desirable mod. That's just too quick. They really need to increase the value ranges on the desirable mods, or they need to add many more good mods for each item type.

I like that they added the elemental and skill mods on some items, but they honestly need a lot more of these, especially on items like bp/pants which just don't have enough valuable mods. I'm suspecting its not going to take long for people to stop picking up anything except legendaries. Well, they might to sell for gold....

does difficulty level affect legendary material drop rate? AKA: can i farm on normal

I don't think there's any confirmation on that. All I can say is that legendary crafting materials do drop in normal. If the rate is any higher on upwards difficulties, no idea.

edit:
I'm now going to blow 499 Bloodshards on Sources. I expect only rares and a couple blues but hey, RNG is RNG.

T...there wasn't even a cutscene at the end.
I don't know why but this really rubbed me the wrong way. I know it's petty but I was just looking forward to it so much. I love their work. :(

scy

I like that they added the elemental and skill mods on some items, but they honestly need a lot more of these, especially on items like bp/pants which just don't have enough valuable mods.

Chests can roll +Damage, though it's competing with Main Stat, VIT, AR, Socket. Pants are the same, really. I think it's more a case of needing more secondary ones for these slots. And, well, Legendary options (Cindercoat where).

I'm suspecting its not going to take long for people to stop picking up anything except legendaries. Well, they might to sell for gold....

Most the Legendaries have better stat ranges than their non-Legendary counterparts.

Insaniac

Do the 2.0 Witching Hours roll different stats? I haven't seen one since pre patch.

Seems similar, IAS and Crit Damage are nerfed

I think at 70 IAS can roll up to 7%, and the Crit damage listed on D3 game guide was around 28% max?

Also it rolls 3 random stats and 1 stat with random skill damage boost.

So its possible to still get a really good WH

Kssio_Aug

I dont know if I misunderstood someone saying; but, while you become better geared you're more likely to drop even better gears?
Or, like I always thought, the drops are completely randomics?

Jrmint

does difficulty level affect legendary material drop rate? AKA: can i farm on normal
Legendary materials are only found from breaking down legendaries. The Deaths Breath material is very much affected by difficulty and will drop a great deal more in Torment and above. You'll find very few in normal.

Shifty76

Chests can roll +Damage, though it's competing with Main Stat, VIT, AR, Socket. Pants are the same, really. I think it's more a case of needing more secondary ones for these slots. And, well, Legendary options (Cindercoat where).

Yep. This is why monks really should be running OWE as it opens up that fourth valuable primary roll that would otherwise be taken up by AR.

man, fucking gem removal cost a fortune.

Just put regular Marquise gems in items that you think you'll be able to replace in short order. Those fall like candy. Then you just salvage the old item when its time to replace it and get the gem back for free.

Put the good shit *on* good shit.

Legendary materials are only found from breaking down legendaries. The Deaths Breath material is very much affected by difficulty and will drop a great deal more in Torment and above. You'll find very few in normal.

No, Forgotten Souls drop too.

Seems similar, IAS and Crit Damage are nerfed

I think at 70 IAS can roll up to 7%, and the Crit damage listed on D3 game guide was around 28% max?

Also it rolls 3 random stats and 1 stat with random skill damage boost.

So its possible to still get a really good WH

Yeah, but I don't think it's possible for it to be a DPS increase, especially on the higher rolled WH's. The one I have been wearing for ages has 9% AS and 43% CD. Even with 500+ Intelligence there is still no way. That doesn't mean I don't want to get rid of it, however. I'd LOVE to find a replacement for it, one that has a skill damage boost I guess.

If you're taking the gem out because the item is no longer useful, the you can salvage the item for free and the gem goes into your inventory.

Oh shit.

BearPawB

Banned

No, i mean the drops for sets/legendary recipes that only drop off certain mobs

Bloodshards spent and... welp, I just got 99 sources, 3 of them blues, 96 rares. Of those rares roughly 5-6 increase the dps (one by 9%!) in comparison to my legacy Oculos but I'll lose my 10 APOC, elite damage increase by 6% and Teleport -4s.

:< So eh...

Bloodshards spent and... welp, I just got 99 sources, 3 of them blues, 96 rares. Of those rares roughly 5-6 increase the dps (one by 9%!) in comparison to my legacy Oculos but I'll lose my 10 APOC, elite damage increase by 6% and Teleport -4s.

:< So eh...

they're just there to tide you over until you get a new leg source.

also, consider re-rolling something. I rerolled a stat on one of my source drops and got a 20% bump or something absurd, while still keeping 4APOC. You don't miss the extra APOC when you're deleting enemies from the screen at double the speed.

Is there a limit to how many times you can enchant the same item?

Until it becomes prohibitively expensive. And in the case of legs, it becomes prohibitively expensive rather quickly. Unless you have an unusually high supply of Forgotten Souls to burn through.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Finally made it to Level 61. 9 more Levels!

Then the HUNT begins. FOR PHAT LOOTZ

crusader268kp0.gif

DAMN, that is one awesome looking character.

scy

Yep. This is why monks really should be running OWE as it opens up that fourth valuable primary roll that would otherwise be taken up by AR.

The tragedy that is going back to OWE after all the time spent pre-RoS gearing away from it~ But, yeah, getting the primary stat option back is huge for some slots.

they're just there to tide you over until you get a new leg source.

also, consider re-rolling something. I rerolled a stat on one of my source drops and got a 20% bump or something absurd, while still keeping 4APOC. You don't miss the extra APOC when you're deleting enemies from the screen at double the speed.

Yeah I decided to reroll +14 black hole damage to 4 ApoC. And if I don't even end up needing that I can also reroll it relatively cheaply into vit or a socket.

Gonna try out if it's worth the 10% increase in damage.

Also I just wasted 6 forgotten souls to roll a socket into a weapon. I've got plenty Death's Breaths now, but those souls... oh man.

Trickster

Finally got something from an act 1 bounty bag on torment 1 hardcore, pretty satisfied with it, the legendary affix is crazy strong and makes me an even sicker aoe monster than I already am using chaos nexus on disintigrate.

I think it's funny they wanted to make OWE not mandatory and in the end, it might still be mandatory.

I'm gonna hold off as long as I can. I hate having to use it as a passive.

Majine

Banned
I feel like I only really know how to kill monsters and nothing else, and that is hurting my progression.

My blacksmith needs more upgrades (because everything he can do sucks for me), but I don't know how to find specific materials for the upgrade. That's just one problem :p

eek5

I think it's funny they wanted to make OWE not mandatory and in the end, it might still be mandatory.

I'm gonna hold off as long as I can. I hate having to use it as a passive.

I'm actually transitioning MORE towards OWE. I drop all AR to pick up the secondary res and free up a primary roll slot on my pieces.

Rolling secondary to fire is killing me though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I feel like I only really know how to kill monsters and nothing else, and that is hurting my progression.

My blacksmith needs more upgrades (because everything he can do sucks for me), but I don't know how to find specific materials for the upgrade. That's just one problem :p

Good thing you're playing a game where the goal is to kill monsters!

scy

The legendary affix is insane, any mob I've damaged that get's killed by another player also count towards the 10 kill count, and there's no cooldown on it, the dmg is instant as well, just nuts.

Hmm. Maybe I should look into using mine and go back to 1H Crusader.

Instro

That's my biggest issue with the game right now. Each legendary should have something unique about it. Pretty much all they did was move the goal posts on modifiers for a lot of them

I believe its been mentioned that they are looking at going back and adding new special abilities to legs that don't have any. So hopefully that happens.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Until you've got solid Lv. 70 gear, Torment just isn't feasible.

This simply isn't true. I leveled from 60 to 70 on torment 2. I got all the way to Malthael before I was killed. I dropped it down to T1 and I beat him. I was wearing all level 60 gear because I didn't find a single upgrade during that time. And I was running a glass cannon spec.

It totally depends on your gear, build, and skill. If you have 2 of the 3 you are good.

Are you playing hardcore? 13M toughness is insane. I have no trouble surviving T1 with 5-7M and 1M DPS.

I'm trying to build it up for higher torments. I'll get my damage up eventually but I've only got like 6 level 70 pieces right now.

Shouta

I'm actually transitioning MORE towards OWE. I drop all AR to pick up the secondary res and free up a primary roll slot on my pieces.

Rolling secondary to fire is killing me though.

I'm actually considering that too, mostly because having AR as a primary stat is killing me, lol. I want some of the other affixes like boosting my SSS damage on my monk and the like.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

Anyway, after a bunch of Bounties and Rift runs last night, I'm up to 420-430k DPS and like 6-7 million toughness (might be more) I think. Definitely gonna look into swapping my gear to single resists again and tailor my affixes to certain builds. I'm also gonna try and get area damage on my gear a bit more if possible. I've actually got enough Life on Hit to paragon spec away from it now and I'd still survive. I just don't have enough AR to move away from Mantra of Healing - Time of need. >=(

Trifecta gloves were dropping like candy for me last night though and super good necklaces everywhere.

ezekial45

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks Transmorphing takes the fun out of it? I mean it's cool that you can look however you want, but I don't think it's fun to turn decent to average gear into elite/legendary looking stuff.

I want to get it on my own.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Am I the only one that thinks Transmorphing takes the fun out of it? I mean it's cool that you can look however you want, but I don't think it's fun to turn decent to average gear into elite/legendary looking stuff.

You have to get the gear first before you can transmog it.

Edit: Beaten

You have to have found the legendary first yourself post RoS release to be able to use the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom