• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found an effective way to utilize the secondary for knockback on Strongarm Bracers with a monk?

The only source of knockback I have found is through LTK + Armada rune, but that seems less effective since it always sends the monsters flying everywhere across the screen for me.

Then I have to chase them down and cyclone again, and it just seems to lower the overall efficiency.

Any movement works. Cyclone strike. It's hits everything.

DSmalls84

I currently only have the wizard available to the mystic but I wanted to confirm something. If i get a two handed sword that drops with intelligence, I can let my crusader take that too the mystic and have him re roll that property to strength right?

I believe you get a random stat to replace the one you choose.

Dahbomb

What do I need to work on? Gear has +45% disintegrate.
LOL god damn Wizards!

Just stack fucking Intelligence to get extra Resistances.

Meanwhile Monks/DH have the worst main stat defensive attributes in the game... and they further nerfed the dodge ratio.

Honestly the Monk is only viable in high level Torment because of 3 reasons:

*Unity is pretty broken right now. This will get fixed 100%.
*Exploding Palm is still the best skill in the game.
*OWE passive allows them to get high resistances... at least more than DH.

isual

So my friend and I fought
Malthael in his final form
on Master Difficulty and he did some weird AOE attack that looked like a bullet hell game, and it just one-shotted my friend and I. I think at the time my toughness was around 2.6million with 230k HP. I was bewildered.

7 million is the minimum for torment 1 .

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOL what is this? Why aren't you playing Crusader?

Dat fake Hammer hype.

Anyway I knew Crusader wasn't going to be good starting out. Only way you can make the class work is with their OP Legendary items. It's sort of the same as DH where they get an absurd weapon like Kridershot to make them somewhat good.

Imagine if Monk got something like that... LTK now gives you Spirit!
LOL, one post. One fucking post since launch and look at the quote above, as expected from a terrible poster like you. If you've actually read my plans about RoS, you'd know why I'm currently playing a wizard. But then again, I wouldn't expect you to read - you're just here to nitpick and/or shit on other posters. Other than your immensely arrogant way of posting, that's one thing you're pretty good at.

Sheesh, and people were wondering why I stopped posting in this thread.

RS4-

...lol so my last bounty was to kill belial. I take a 5 min break to watch some random video.

About to fight Belial, my net cut out for 10 seconds and of course, GG.

Zeliard

The "shrines spawn an enemy champion" legendary affix (which I got with bracers the first day the 2.0 patch hit) is having quite the strong effect now. I get a Death's Breath drop from the mobs almost every time. It's almost guaranteed that if I see a shrine, I get that mat from it.

LOL god damn Wizards!

Just stack fucking Intelligence to get extra Resistances.

Meanwhile Monks/DH have the worst main stat defensive attributes in the game... and they further nerfed the dodge ratio.

Honestly the Monk is only viable in high level Torment because of 3 reasons:

*Unity is pretty broken right now. This will get fixed 100%.
*Exploding Palm is still the best skill in the game.
*OWE passive allows him to get high resistances... at least more than DH.

The nerfed ratio of dodge to dex sucks, but using 6th sense and MoE really helped make it a viable defense for me. On T1 at least. Might test T2 when I get home. Though that won't be until late tonight.

Nymerio

The "shrines spawn an enemy champion" legendary affix (which I got with bracers the first day the 2.0 patch hit) is having quite the strong effect now. I get a Death's Breath drop from the mobs almost every time. It's almost guaranteed that if I see a shrine, I get that mat from it.

I love this item. I still have the level 54 version of it in my inventory. It's a bit annoying though when other players don't let you activate the shrines :/

Sanctuary

Maybe my perspective is just off, but this doesn't really scream "Crusader" to me. Unless of course you're crusading for evil!

Screenshot0001_zpsfd0b1e13.jpg

Do the pre-expansion crafting materials even matter anymore? As I'm leveling up my Crusader I'm not sure what I should be doing with my junk loot - salvaging or selling.

Dahbomb

LOL, one post. One fucking post since launch and look at the quote above, as expected from a terrible poster like you. If you've actually read my plans about RoS, you'd know why I'm currently playing a wizard. But then again, I wouldn't expect you to read - you're just here to nitpick and/or shit on other posters. Other than your immensely arrogant way of posting, that's one thing you're pretty good at.

Sheesh, and people were wondering why I stopped posting in this thread.
LMAO @ this overreaction.

I have not shit on any poster in this thread not even you. If you think this is "shitting" then you are mistaken or you are super sensitive.

Maybe my perspective is just off, but this doesn't really scream "Crusader" to me. Unless of course you're crusading for evil!
You can Transmog it.

Xyber

7 million is the minimum for torment 1 .

That really depends in class. I can do just fine with 4,5M toughness at T1 (even worked pretty good in 3 player co-op game on T2) with a Wizard.

I currently have 5,7M and can take quite a lot of damage on T1. But then again, I'm up to 1M damage (not counting 15% cold damage and 27% arcane orb damage) so shit rarely gets close to me anymore. Black hole is da bomb.

JCizzle

The lich king looking transmog helm is fucking awesome, my Barb is rocking it and I just need a frostmourne looking 2h to compete it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
or you are super sensitive.
Gee, I wonder why this would be the case.

Anyway I'm out of here. To avoid further future frustration.

Gotchaye

I've played a lot more of this than I should have over the last few days. My Wizard is cruising through Nephalem Rifts on Torment 2 at this point. They've gotten a lot of things very right.

The Mystic seems to compress the range of high-end items - there's no effective difference between a perfect item and a nearly-perfect item, and half of your drops can be turned into fantastic items, so you end up with nearly-optimal gear very quickly (aside from getting specific legendaries). Gems actually seem like the way to get into the higher Torments; stats on gems in armor sockets skyrocket once you start upgrading from Marquise such that Diamonds are finally not obviously the best choice. Gold is the limiting factor on almost everything. I started the expansion with 14m, and that pretty quickly vanished given the rate at which gems drop. Now I sell all my magics and rares instead of salvaging them. Forgotten souls are also really valuable. Death's Breaths become pretty common once you get done upgrading all the crafters.

Most of the legendaries don't feel very interesting. They're just rares with slightly higher numbers on their affixes. As far as I can tell this sort of crafted/dropped super-rare is still limited to a 4/2 primary/secondary split too. As such, it feels really important to get at least a legendary weapon with a strong special effect (I'm using Shard of Hate right now).

Blood shards are kind of useless past the first few hundred of them you get. You use them to get good rares for slots that you haven't found much for since hitting 70, you use the Mystic to turn those into great rares, and then you're basically done with rares. Yesterday I went through all 500 of mine gambling on orbs and didn't get anything better than the rare I had. "Double blood shards" on bounties is a joke; you get a couple per bounty but then you get 50+ for beating a Nephalem Rift. So just do bounties wherever you want.

I really like the Nephalem Rifts and really appreciate the random environments and enemy types. The random color filter is often pretty ugly, though. The conduits (super-shrines) are mostly really neat, although some are much, much better than others. One in particular is a really satisfying win button. There are a huge number of possible bosses for the Rifts who mostly seem to have unique attacks, and then they explode with tons of loot.

Edit: Oh, and I'll add that I quite like most of the parts of Act 5 too. I strongly dislike most of Act 2 and Act 4, and the end of Act 3 gets super-repetitive, so it's nice to have fun areas to run through beyond Act 1 and the beginning of Act 3.

scy

welp, that happened

Crusader to 62. Can't see how long I've played her though since the display where it shows all the others is seemingly bugged for crusader.

Class is pretty fun, not sure where I'd rank it. Gonna get her to 70 solely in adventure mode before progressing any more in campaign so I can get my guaranteed legendaries from Skeleton King, etc. at max level. Other classes were already at 60 and had Act V unlocked, so I'll probably play them more normally, but waiting until 70 before killing the final boss.

The biggest "gripe" with the class is that they lack a lot of +Damage% multipliers across their skills / passives so they're pretty much limited to what their stat sheet says for ... well, stats. Just means that they're more gear dependent than other classes when it comes to things.

I think I'm around ~500k damage / 8M Toughness with +32% Fire Damage and my Crusader is really getting to the nigh unkillable status for Torment I. And, if I do die, jesus mode gives me a full heal every 90 seconds anyway. Just for the love of god, please give me more ASPD so attacking doesn't feel so sluggish.

Most of the legendaries don't feel very interesting. They're just rares with slightly higher numbers on their affixes. As far as I can tell this sort of crafted/dropped super-rare is still limited to a 4/2 primary/secondary split too.

Yeah :(

This is my biggest gripe with the game right now. Boring items. Special effects on legendaries is more rare than it should be. Every legendary should be special. I dont mean they should all have amazing stats, but rather have some unique effect or stat you cant get on rares. Otherwise what's the point?

I wish I were cruising through Torment 2 though. I'd link to my character on Battle.net and ask for pointers but... my character sheet is really outdated. My build is different and a lot of my gear pieces are too. How often do they update that....?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really hope I get a solid WD-specific legendary soon, Mask of Jeram especially. I need dat pet dmg boost for my little fetish mans.

Here's my current setup: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Traum-1747/hero/1088666

Working well in master, will probably work well in torment once I have the gear for it. Tossing a couple widowmaker jars when I stop channeling firebats to drop a fresh piranha pool helps keep my mana regen good enough. I'm hoping to get a fire SOJ for him as well. The lack of socket in that sever stings, but I ultimately want a starmetal kukri anyway.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Do the pre-expansion crafting materials even matter anymore? As I'm leveling up my Crusader I'm not sure what I should be doing with my junk loot - salvaging or selling.

depends IMHO. If you already have enough materials to craft him good leveling items, then just sell. If you are running low on mats to craft leveling gear, than salvage. the only point in vanilla mats now are for leveling.

Giggzy

welp, that happened

The biggest "gripe" with the class is that they lack a lot of +Damage% multipliers across their skills / passives so they're pretty much limited to what their stat sheet says for ... well, stats. Just means that they're more gear dependent than other classes when it comes to things.

I think I'm around ~500k damage / 8M Toughness with +32% Fire Damage and my Crusader is really getting to the nigh unkillable status for Torment I. And, if I do die, jesus mode gives me a full heal every 90 seconds anyway. Just for the love of god, please give me more ASPD so attacking doesn't feel so sluggish.

Care to post your armory? I'm unsure of how to play my crusader at 70. Tried out a few different builds but not much success

jkanownik

Is there a quick way to get back into Whimsyshire? I'm doing runs to farm Mystic Source but it is annoying to have to port to old ruins, run to the Whimsyshire entrance and wait for the cow spirit to go through his whole spiel.

Most of the legendaries don't feel very interesting. They're just rares with slightly higher numbers on their affixes. As far as I can tell this sort of crafted/dropped super-rare is still limited to a 4/2 primary/secondary split too. As such, it feels really important to get at least a legendary weapon with a strong special effect (I'm using Shard of Hate right now).

That's my biggest issue with the game right now. Each legendary should have something unique about it. Pretty much all they did was move the goal posts on modifiers for a lot of them

Shifty76

Has anyone found an effective way to utilize the secondary for knockback on Strongarm Bracers with a monk?

The only source of knockback I have found is through LTK + Armada rune, but that seems less effective since it always sends the monsters flying everywhere across the screen for me.

Then I have to chase them down and cyclone again, and it just seems to lower the overall efficiency.

Cyclone Strike counts as a knockback, as does the "knock up" from Deadly Reach.

My CS is pretty damn powerful between my +28% CS damage, +21% from Strongarms, and +40% or so from +lightning (I use the reduced cost rune which switches damage type to lightning)

I stopped playing about a month and a half after release (never logged in since).

I've just impulse-bought Reaper of Souls (on the US store because it's cheaper) and I'm reinstalling the Battle.net client and Diablo 3 as I write this.

Am I gonna regret it?

When I look at my auction house, the last thing I sold was in July 2012. So that's when I quit.

I recently started playing again the day the auction house closed. I've been hooked ever since. This game just... gets into your head. The gameplay is so fun and fluid. I've found no other ARPG that can compare. And the new item system means you actually are (somewhat) rewarded in your loot hunts. RNG is a bitch though.

So yeah, it should definitely keep you busy for a while. I have over 300 hours now in this game so I guess it's safe to say I've gotten my money's worth.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
That's my biggest issue with the game right now. Each legendary should have something unique about it. Pretty much all they did was move the goal posts on modifiers for a lot of them

with the sheer number of legendaries in the game right now, I'm not sure they had much of a choice BUT to do this.

with that being said, I am all on-board with the artists taking the time and bringing the percentage of unique and fun looks in legendaries back up to a respectable level.

Sigmaah

Gonna try to get my crusader to 70 today.

I'll probably just say fuck it and continue to play my DH lmao. I need a new class to play!

Dawg

Any EU clan officer on? Joining the community doesn't really work for me and then there's apparently a ''fake'' EU clan out there.

eh, can anyone help me on this? :p

scy

The sad part is, the few that do have special stats (e.g., I'm stuck with a Level 69 Maximus still due to the stats) skew things pretty hard too which makes replacing them a hassle. Hopefully they go through a do a Legendary rebalance with more meaningful extra effects. There's also a lot of Legendaries that have their "unique" stat as just a guaranteed affix on the slot that shouldn't be there normally and that's not terribly exciting either.

My Crusader has a Shield that gives me a 370% damage wolf on block and the above mentioned Maximus Fire Chains Demon so I really doubt either are getting replaced without some serious upgrades. The rest of my Legendaries are just better +Stats like Depth Diggers or stat that shouldn't be there like ASPD Broken Crown.

And, well, a legacy Witching Hour that I doubt is getting a DPS replacement.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Cyclone Strike counts as a knockback, as does the "knock up" from Deadly Reach.

My CS is pretty damn powerful between my +28% CS damage, +21% from Strongarms, and +40% or so from +lightning (I use the reduced cost rune which switches damage type to lightning)

God damn. Monk so stronk. So glad that I switched edit:back to mine.

with the sheer number of legendaries in the game right now, I'm not sure they had much of a choice BUT to do this.

with that being said, I am all on-board with the artists taking the time and bringing the percentage of unique and fun looks in legendaries back up to a respectable level.

Oh, I definitely agree that it's a challenge, but they've had a couple of years to work it out haha

Nete

On pure DPS, there is none. But you can get decent DPS replacement (main stat + skill damage) while it boost your toughness.

Also, set belts for those bonus.

scy

Rifts are all about the fun with a full group :x

Care to post your armory? I'm unsure of how to play my crusader at 70. Tried out a few different builds but not much success

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/scy-1745/hero/43712829 and I really need to replace that placeholder Marquise Ruby now and I just noticed my Broken Crown has an extra listed affix?

Fairly boring setup as far as flashy skills go. The long cooldown Fire skills are pretty meh for sticking into damage rotations (Consecration is good but doesn't crit so the scaling potential is low for it, Falling Sword takes an eternity to execute) so I just use Bombardment for the hilarity that is 28-30M crits + Rally lowers the cooldown.

Punish + Blazing Sweep are due to my Fire Damage setup. If I had +Holy Damage stuff, I'd probably run Zeal with Fires of Heaven instead. I haven't found a way to make Blessed Hammer not feel terrible for damage output (sorry hammer hype) personally. Maybe a Lightning build.

Big thing for Crusader is that since they lack +Damage% themselves, they get a ton of it from playing in groups. They're also pretty much purely an AoE Tank so their single-target damage is a little lacking. I'm probably re-rolling some +Elite Damage where I can and getting Crit in my Helm over the socket, etc.

On pure DPS, there is none. But you can get decent DPS replacement (main stat + skill damage) while it boost your toughness.

Yeah, I just need a belt to drop that is like a ~6-7% Damage drop with a 10%+ skill one to offset it. But, I think losing the ASPD is more detrimental as it cuts my Wrath generation a bit which hurts my Sweep spamming. Clunky massive 2Hers attack so slow :(

DSmalls84

Do the 2.0 Witching Hours roll different stats? I haven't seen one since pre patch.

Shifty76

I replaced my 250m legacy Witching Hour within a couple of days of 2.0 dropping.

Crafted a +15% damage to my main spirit generator, along with 200+ dex/vit and 70+ all res. Tested multiple times on Ghom and got identical clear times with that new belt as I did with my WH, but also gained a TON of toughness, so it was a no brainer to replace it, even though the in-game compare told me it was a dps loss.

Do remember that sheet dps means squat. Unless your only concern is sheet dps e-peen anyway.

Terra

Hello guys!

I went and picked up a physical copy at my store today. I have two questions.

1. As I redeemed my code today. Am I getting the "pre-order"-loot? Where is it to be found?

2. What should I do with my stash tab of Lvl.60 legendaries that I don´t use. Should I just salvage them?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hello guys!

I went and picked up a physical copy at my store today. I have two questions.

1. As I redeemed my code today. Am I getting the "pre-order"-loot? Where is it to be found?

2. What should I do with my stash tab of Lvl.60 legendaries that I don´t use. Should I just salvage them?

1. You'll get a 'mail' notification ingame in the bottom left corner that will have your loot in it.

2. It's up to you. Keep em if you like them, or salvage them for brimstones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom