• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you've had a chance to actually play RoS...I've been in between house moves for the last 2 weeks and won't have my computer/internet set up until some time after we get possession of our new house at noon tomorrow...
... So you bought a new house and you're complaining about not being able to play a game? Lol. I just got possession a couple months ago. Can't say I would look forward to any game more than my new house.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I really like Adventure mode, too. The rifts will probably be more fun when I do them in groups - they take far too long solo, and the bounties have given me better results anyway. However, thhe net result is I now find myself sitting at work, counting down the hours until I can go play some more D3, which I haven't really done since my last D2 fix a few years ago.

If you're solo with no aid it's just the nature of logistics. With an aid I'm about 1-3 minutes slower than if some of my friends are around.

RS4-

Are you saying unity gives you a bonus percentage for companions/pets too? Not just for players it effects?

The monk gets 5% per ally/pet/follower whatever; so he gets buffed xxx%
But if the party is composed of one monk + 3 others, the others only get a flat 5%.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Mitigation provides healing in the same way it provides health: it may not add directly, but it makes every point you have more effective. "Healing" might need to be renamed to something else, but an aggregate stat that includes mitigation provides far more useful information than a stat that doesn't - just like "Toughness" is a more useful stat to look at than "Health" is.

Not that it matters; wouldn't happen either way.

I completely disagree. But you are right in that it probably won't change, so there is no point in arguing over it.

Shifty76

... So you bought a new house and you're complaining about not being able to play a game? Lol. I just got possession a couple months ago. Can't say I would look forward to any game more than my new house.

Not saying that at all. I merely responded to someone who was mentioning that they couldn't play for two days that I couldn't play for over two weeks as a result of the house move.
Context is a wonderful thing.

Jrmint

Have you guys salvaged your 60 legs yet? I have an entire stash tab full and I get super OCD about having stuff organized in my stash. It might be time.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Have you guys salvaged your 60 legs yet? I have an entire stash tab full and I get super OCD about having stuff organized in my stash. It might be time.

Nope. I probably will at 70 though, or when I make my crusader.

scy

Once my Crusader got to 60 and didn't need to reroll them for -Level Requirement, I burned basically all of them.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Only the useless ones so I had brimstones to enchant stuff. Most gear can be salvaged for better gear or to make it so. I barely have my old stuff from before the expansion was released.

Scy add me if you down for some grinding.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I'm actually planning to do it today. Pretty much my entire stash needs to get salvaged. Most of it was worthless well before 2.0, so it's way past time for me to junk all of it, along with any gems under marquis.

But if the party is composed of one monk + 3 others, the others only get a flat 5%.

Thank you! I knew how it worked for party members but I had no idea I would get an extra 5% for all the pets and stuff my mantra is on. That is awesome

scy

Only the useless ones so I had brimstones to enchant stuff. Most gear can be salvaged for better gear or to make it so. I barely have my old stuff from before the expansion was released.

Scy add me if you down for some grinding.

What's your tag? I'm basically always doing rifts in the afternoon / evening, assuming Merc, UFO, etc. are around for them.

scy#1745

LCGeek

formerly sane
What's your tag? I'm basically always doing rifts in the afternoon / evening, assuming Merc, UFO, etc. are around for them.

scy#1745

nuttyhater#1365

Had no clue other lol gaffers were playing d3 again or at all, so thanks for clueing me in.

How do you get the 4th stash tab? I see the tab but I can't click on it :(

I need some trash legs so I can salvage them and try to roll socket on this.

I saved up 9 forgotten souls. All the legendaries I've salvaged since RoS launched. I used them all to try and get a socket on a legendary wand I found.

Did not get the socket. 9 forgotten souls gone :(

forrest

formerly nacire
Damn ACT V is pretty weak.

Did you explore every nook and cranny on your way through? I hit 70 before I was even close to the end and thought it was an incredibly meaty act and the random tile sets of the environments are much better than Acts 1-4. In addition, all of the events and side objectives are just great and numerous to boot.

RS4-

How do you get the 4th stash tab? I see the tab but I can't click on it :(

I saved up 9 forgotten souls. All the legendaries I've salvaged since RoS launched. I used them all to try and get a socket on a legendary wand I found.

Did not get the socket. 9 forgotten souls gone :(

Click on the 4th tab, near the bottom or middle, there's an option to unlock. I think it required death's breaths or maybe just money. Then you pay more to unlock every 14 slots (4x iirc)

Ashodin

YxLDzBd.gif
YxLDzBd.gif
YxLDzBd.gif
YxLDzBd.gif

Not saying that at all. I merely responded to someone who was mentioning that they couldn't play for two days that I couldn't play for over two weeks as a result of the house move.
Context is a wonderful thing.

Fair enough. I can't play very much myself because I've been inundated with school work at the moment, BUT it's the very last 2 weeks of school I will have for the foreseeable future. Graduating from University after this semester!

DrBo42

Did you explore every nook and cranny on your way through? I hit 70 before I was even close to the end and thought it was an incredibly meaty act and the random tile sets of the environments are much better than Acts 1-4. In addition, all of the events and side objectives are just great and numerous to boot.

I went full blast on Crusader from Act I -> V. Did most of, if not all the side stuff at the beginning and after spending about 20 minutes I started blasting through the rest. Cool environments and encounters later on but ultimately way too fast of a burn for the story situation at hand which in turn removed any tension. Feels very tacked on.

I went full blast on Crusader from Act I -> V. Did most of, if not all the side stuff at the beginning and after spending about 20 minutes I started blasted through the rest. Cool environments and encounters later on but ultimately way too fast of a burn for the story situation at hand which in turn removed any tension. Feels very tacked on.

Ya I thought the story was particularly bad and unsatisfying. I never felt like Malthael really developed as a character at all. Then again I could say the same about basically any of the bosses. At least Diablo has some history behind him though. Malthael, as presented in the game, is actually more or less something that pulls you out of the game because all you see is the grim reaper.

jersoc

That really depends in class. I can do just fine with 4,5M toughness at T1 (even worked pretty good in 3 player co-op game on T2) with a Wizard.

I currently have 5,7M and can take quite a lot of damage on T1. But then again, I'm up to 1M damage (not counting 15% cold damage and 27% arcane orb damage) so shit rarely gets close to me anymore. Black hole is da bomb.

yeah, this is definitely not true. my wiz only has like 5 million and i faceroll t1. dead enemies can't hurt you. i would imagine 7 million is borderline t2, especially if you are close to 800-900 dps

Man, my lifetime gold is like 6 mil and the plans for the new Hellfire Ring are 5 mil alone. How do people get so much gold?

Wait, what? I saw it for 2 million on some little girl in town - or is that the old hellfire ring?

Also, a lot of people with 100 million+ gold spent a lot of time on the AH because RoS came out. I'd focus on farming gear and selling blues unless you want mats. Up your difficult and gold drops increase a lot too.

Firemind

The events are too short though and are just random objectives. Mattered fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Worst part is how they tried to shoehorn Tal Rasha's tomb into the Act, but made it incredibly linear. Like, that was it?

And I hear the
Pandemonium Fortress
is pretty weak too.

Bizazedo

Yeah, DahBomb joined my game. I had 5 zombie dogs, Gargantuan, and the passive that spawns fetishes as I attack.

I'm sure I boosted his dps massively due to it.

DrBo42

You think so? I liked it. More than act 2 and 4, in any case.

I'd rank them:

Act 1
Act 3 (the core is just an amazing area)
Act 5
Act 2
Act 4 (I really don't like 4)

It's not bad, just found it disjointed and odd mostly. It's actually not even my least favorite, that would be 2.

For me it's:

Act I

Act 3

Act 5

Act 4

Act 2

Yeah we played a little act IV last night on a bounty run and everyone commented on hating it. The mobs are just so cheap.

I'm off in that I like two more than most.

But fuck IV

DSmalls84

You think so? I liked it. More than act 2 and 4, in any case.

I'd rank them:

Act 1
Act 3 (the core is just an amazing area)
Act 5
Act 2
Act 4 (I really don't like 4)

Pretty the same way I would rank them. I might put 4 above 2 only because it's the shorter of the two acts I don't like.

The events are too short though and are just random objectives. Mattered fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Worst part is how they tried to shoehorn Tal Rasha's tomb into the Act, but made it incredibly linear. Like, that was it?

And I hear the
Pandemonium Fortress
is pretty weak too.

Man, that sucks for you. Sounds like you are playing a different game. Act V is by far the better act out of them all IMO. Color scheme, music, enemies, environments, everything. I love doing adventure mode where it changes the color scheme even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom