• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This game hates my Monk. Very tough time getting items to gear him up at 70. Ah well. RNG gonna RNG.

What a terrible ending. Second expansion confirmed?

Also Adventure Mode is the new grind mode.

Edit: Any Viable Builds/Tips for Barbs who hit 70? I've replaced about 1/3rd of my items with mid-60-70 upgrades, but I'm still having a little bit of trouble with Elite Packs on Expert in Adventure Mode. I was and still am, equipment-wise, pretty much geared for the original Tornado WW build.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also last night I crafted like 20 low level flails trying to get one with a socket before I got the bright idea to take one to the enchanter and discover that they can't have sockets.

GUD AT GAEM

Orcastar

I'd just like to say that the wizard legendary off-hand Mirrorball (Magic Missile fires three missiles instead of one) coupled with

Magic Missile + Glacial Spike rune
Arcance Orb + Frozen Orb rune
Black Hole + Absolute Zero rune

is pretty damn godly.

That is all.
Too bad my Mirroball is only lvl 60...

forrest

formerly nacire
I went full blast on Crusader from Act I -> V. Did most of, if not all the side stuff at the beginning and after spending about 20 minutes I started blasting through the rest. Cool environments and encounters later on but ultimately way too fast of a burn for the story situation at hand which in turn removed any tension. Feels very tacked on.

I can agree with you about the fast burn aspect of the story. It's just over too quick to have any real impact. If you take the time to fill out every map and do every side event, it really is pretty lengthy for a single Act. I know that playstyle isn't for everyone and maybe it's just the tinge of OCD in me, but I always feel odd about not filling out the whole map and killing everything. Did I mention I'm terrible at efficiency farming? :p

The events are too short though and are just random objectives. Mattered fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Worst part is how they tried to shoehorn Tal Rasha's tomb into the Act, but made it incredibly linear. Like, that was it?

And I hear the
Pandemonium Fortress
is pretty weak too.

Eh
Pandemonium Fortress
is my least favorite of the environments personally. The events are there for flavor. I found their abundance nice in terms of xp, distraction and fun. I think in a game that is meant to be endlessly repeated, their inclusion matters a shit ton more than fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Insaniac

Also last night I crafted like 20 low level flails trying to get one with a socket before I got the bright idea to take one to the enchanter and discover that they can't have sockets.

GUD AT GAEM

How low level? I think I was around level 16? Before i crafted a socketed flail

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I kinda like the look of my DH, and he's not even 70 yet and I used non-legendary transmog too.

KTPVVE2.png

I'd just like to say that the wizard legendary off-hand Mirrorball (Magic Missile fires three missiles instead of one) coupled with

Magic Missile + Glacial Spike rune
Arcance Orb + Frozen Orb rune
Black Hole + Absolute Zero rune

is pretty damn godly.

That is all.
Too bad my Mirroball is only lvl 60...

That... sounds amazing. Makes me want to get my Wizard to 70

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm not going to quote, but spoiler tags guys. Use em. up closer to the top /\

Lots of us haven't finished Act V yet, and don't want to accidentally read about storyline or bosses or anything like that.

GAF clan requires spoiler free talk till the 31st, don't see why this thread should be different.

I kinda like the look of my DH, and he's not even 70 yet and I used non-legendary transmog too.

KTPVVE2.png

"I float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee."

Is there anyway to skip to Act 5 right away on a new character? I tried going through the Story mode on my Crusader but Adventure mode just makes Story mode look even worse now.

Join a group that is at the Diablo fight.

KarmaCow

Is there anyway to skip to Act 5 right away on a new character? I tried going through the Story mode on my Crusader but Adventure mode just makes Story mode look even worse now.

Looking at your gear you need to upgrade all of it lol ,

Here are some tips for dps

Helm should always have crit plus main stat (dex)

Shoulder dex vit allres, then life% or armor or skill dmg boost

Gloves attk speed crit chance crit dmg and main stat ignore everything else

Bracer crit vit main stat

Legs/chest/belt/boots main stat vit then whatever but get full sockets

Rings/amu main stat attk speed crit chance and crit dmg

Weapons socket with emerald main stat

Now your Probs thinking these are impossible stats to get well with the mystic it's now a lot easyer, just remember crit >attk speed > crit dmg > main stat

Thanks man! I'll keep all this in mind. Aren't you able to only change 1 stat per item though through the mystic?

Kammie

New player. If I change it from Normal to Hard, can I later go back to Normal if necessary?

I tried changing it about an hour into it but then I couldn't go back to Normal. Don't want to be stuck on this mode if I ever need to change it.

Sothpaw

New player. If I change it from Normal to Hard, can I later go back to Normal if necessary?

I tried changing it about an hour into it but then I couldn't go back to Normal. Don't want to be stuck on this mode if I ever need to change it.

Change to any difficulty whenever you want.

Dahbomb

You can change it whenever. To increase difficulty you have to first leave the game then change difficulty.

And god damn I need some Death Breaths!

Macmanus

Excellent and well thought out response.

Butthurt is strong up in hurr.

I'll elaborate; Three of the four acts in Vanilla were recycled locations. Each act featured some fantastic high points, but mostly fairly dull lulls. This created a disjointed feeling throughout the game. Hologram monster pop ups didn't help.

The aesthetic flow of the newest act feels more fluid when compared to what came prior - though again that bar for comparison is rather low.

Calm down, GAF. I'm all aboard your They Actually Fixed D3 circle jerk bandwagon. Doesn't mean I'm going to pretend I wasn't handed a plate of hot shit the first go round.

Change to any difficulty whenever you want.

Can't change in game - even solo private style.

Kssio_Aug

Butthurt is strong up in hurr.

I'll elaborate; Three of the four acts in Vanilla were recycled locations. Each act featured some fantastic high points, but mostly fairly dull lulls. This created a disjointed feeling throughout the game. Hologram monster pop ups didn't help.

The aesthetic flow of the newest act feels more fluid when compared to what came prior - though again that bar for comparison is rather low.

Calm down, GAF. I'm all aboard your They Actually Fixed D3 circle jerk bandwagon. Doesn't mean I'm going to pretend I wasn't handed a plate of hot shit the first go round.

Can't change in game - even solo private style.

Wth dude. The guy just said he enjoyed act v the most. What kind of complex is that? lol

• The first thing I saw regarding this game was the Giant Bomb Quick Look.
  • The second thing I saw regarding this game was the opening cinematic.
  • I shall be buying this game when I return from Glorious Nippon.
13454061845_e52a3d42dc_o.gif

I've been an arcane resist monk forever. Swapped an allres piece with an arcane piece and noticed my allres went down. I am apparently now a physical resist monk. I rerolled my shoulders to +123 physical resist and am now over 800 allres. I need more armor, but I think I'm almost ready to bump up to torment 1 again.

How are people handling rifts? I only went through one, but I just walked around killing things until the boss showed up and then I left. Are full clears better?

Dahbomb

How are people handling rifts? I only went through one, but I just walked around killing things until the boss showed up and then I left. Are full clears better?
There's a slim chance that there could be another zone and that zone could be a goblin filled zone.

While it's safer to check the whole Rift, it ends up not being very efficient so it's really just better to kill shit fast, kill the boss and then just leave.

Phenomic

Speaking of, game trollin me on my barb :(
http://i.imgur.com/2dCeksv.png

Is this the main set for Crusaders? I guess there's more than one, but I mean what's in line with Tals, IK, Nats etc from the old game if there is an equivalent?

I can't find anything really on the website in the items section, but the layout isn't the best seemingly.

*Edit* Apparently this is it from what I can find. I guess I was expecting Griswolds or something.

jblank83

I started Torment 1 with 190k DPS and 1m Toughness and only really needed a group for the last boss. Wizard. Finished the game at 550k DPS and 4m Toughness.

Been doing Act 1 T1 with my 20 Crusader. It goes slow, but it's more fun.

IceMarker

"They cannot hear my own tortured screams, but they shall know this, as I write I shudder to think what might've happened if I had gone to another realm such as this, probably faster progression, alas myself and a few others are still caught in the bind, waiting and watching. Until then we stay silent and patient, or we scream with all our might to see if they could even hear us down here. Amazon will surely ship, I must hold that hope." -Note from IceMarker, 27th day of March, Twenty-Fourteen

Yes, Amazon still hasn't shipped my CE, I sent a firm email to them.

Taz

Thanks man! I'll keep all this in mind. Aren't you able to only change 1 stat per item though through the mystic?

This is true so think about what items you get

E.g you get gloves with 4 stats

450 dex
5 attk speed
600 vit
15% area dmg

So your thinking meh they are ok but I'm gonna salvage these

But change the area and you have

450 dex
5 attk speed
600 vit
6-10 crit chance

Now you have descent gloves,

Just look for items with a few stats you require then mystic the other stat your missing,

500 dps is easy with just rares from drops and shards you just gotta look at items and see what they can become.

Firemind

Is this the main set for Crusaders? I guess there's more than one, but I mean what's in line with Tals, IK, Nats etc from the old game if there is an equivalent?

I can't find anything really on the website in the items section, but the layout isn't the best seemingly.

*Edit* Apparently this is it from what I can find. I guess I was expecting Griswolds or something.

Yeah, pretty disappointing. Crusader can't catch a fucking break. *sigh*

"They cannot hear my own tortured screams, but they shall know this, as I write I shudder to think what might've happened if I had gone to another realm such as this, probably faster progression, alas myself and a few others are still caught in the bind, waiting and watching. Until then we stay silent and patient, or we scream with all our might to see if they could even here us down here. Amazon will surely ship, I must hold that hope." -Note from IceMarker, 27th day of March, Twenty-Fourteen

Yes, Amazon still hasn't shipped my CE, I sent a firm email to them.

Godspeed, my friend. Give 'em hell. Shit is unacceptable, and they should know better.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Mystic is great. She turns String of Ears into a necessity and makes Moonlight Ward even better BIS.

It turns out I was actually fortunate to have a level 60 moonlight ward. Mine's now:

25% arcane damage
6% attack speed
88% crit damage (rerolled from int)
7% crit chance

If I had the level 70 version, the stats would have been the same, but it would have cost a flawless imperial gem for each reroll attempt, instead of the few brimstones I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom