• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sothpaw

Damn Kripp really making it clear how much he hates D3 in the beginning of the video. Not surprising though, the game really isn't for super hardcore people like him, PoE is more his game.

He doesn't even like POE anymore. He just has no life and burned out on the genre playing 16 hours per day.

That said I agree with you that POE is a deeper game.

IceMarker

Godspeed, my friend. Give 'em hell. Shit is unacceptable, and they should know better.

Yeah they responded with "Oh don't worry it'll arrive by next Monday."

To which I responded, "Oh don't worry, I could've gone to any other retailer and had it by now even with free shipping. Which I will be doing next time if you don't rectify the situation."

jblank83

It turns out I was actually fortunate to have a level 60 moonlight ward. Mine's now:

25% arcane damage
6% attack speed
88% crit damage (rerolled from int)
7% crit chance

If I had the level 70 version, the stats would have been the same, but it would have cost a flawless imperial gem for each reroll attempt, instead of the few brimstones I used.

Yah, 60 MW here. I put 500 int on mine. Didn't think about swapping it out for one of the other attack properties.

so during a rift run I was at 75%, My crappy internet decides to stop working in the middle of the run. I disconnected and try to return to the game, it leaves me in town and there is no portal to return back into the rift. Dat feels :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this on my Crusader, it's the exact one I wanted as well:

Xs1gpC6.jpg

We can start running together. MOAR LOOT to pass around.

I gave Eek some set shoulders last night. Playing in a group of gaffers definitely helps.

I went home and did a quick bounty at lunch. My monk and his current build is definitely t1 solid now without worries (only a couple deaths to some stupid molten / firechain elites). Really diggin my build right now. The addition of SSS really helps on elites and my stacking of reduced cooldown makes both SSS and IS pretty fun.

I gave Eek some set shoulders last night. Playing in a group of gaffers definitely helps.

I went home and did a quick bounty at lunch. My monk and his current build is definitely t1 solid now without worries (only a couple deaths to some stupid molten / firechain elites). Really diggin my build right now. The addition of SSS really helps on elites and my stacking of reduced cooldown makes both SSS and IS pretty fun.

Any idea what your allres and armor are at?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1,6mil damage with my regular wizard buffs (familiar, energy armor, magic weapon) active right now.

Blood shards, good unit (items below, purely from shards):

hUSaoeo.jpg

Dahbomb

Also rule of thumbs/tips for items and enchanting is the following (not including Monks because you have to look at secondary affix vs all res too):

*Past a certain point any Rare with 3 primary affixes (socket count as an affix so if it's 3 affixes plus a socket that's actually 4 affixes) is automatic dumpster tier. Salvage/vendor it with haste.

*4 affixes with 3 good affixes (like a glove with main stat/crit/ias) is automatic near top tier item especially for a Rare.

*For gems you want either Ruby or Emerald in weapons (Emerald if you have high crit chance for sure Ruby if you are doing like a Crusader heavy hitting nuke type build). Diamonds would be good too as +% bonus against Elites is nothing to scoff at but for now stick with Emerald/Ruby. Helm you want either Ruby or Amethyst. It's better to put in an Amethyst if you are new to maximize your HP. On armor pieces if you need more damage put in your main stat gem otherwise Diamonds for resistance. Don't bother with Jewelry that has socket unless the other 3 stats are trifecta.

*For Bracers you pretty just need 3 good affixes... +% element damage of your build, crit chance and main stat. Your 4th stat can be anything you want so you can make do with even 2 good Bracers stats. I would normally get All Res as my 4th stat or if you really need it then Life on Hit.

*For Boots you want main stat, movement speed for sure. If you are going for damage then you want a %damage roll for your skill. If going for tankiness get all res + vit. Simple stuff here.

*Pants you want 2 sockets, main stat and all res. If you want more damage then you want +%damage roll for your skill otherwise vit/life regen/armor is fine.

*Chest same as pants but your want 3 sockets here.

*Shoulders and Belts Main stat, all res, vit and a +% skill roll is solid. If you don't want skill roll then get armor/life regen. Pretty easy here.

*Jewelry is trickier. The 6 main offensive stats you need to look for are main stat, attack speed, crit chance, crit hit damage, + average damage and +% element damage. All of these are good but crit chance is really valuable so I would at least have that on all 3 jewelry. Get any 4 of these stats and you should be fine. Don't bother with defensive stats on jewelry, you need to make that up from armor pieces like shoulders, pants, boots and chest.

*Gloves is same as Jewelry, you want 4 offensive stats.

*Helm you want main stat, crit chance and socket for sure. 4th stat can be a defensive stat or a skill % bonus.

*Weapons need a socket and generally the highest DPS possible. So the affixes include +% damage, +% attack speed or main stat.

*Offhand items have a bit more complex requirements.

These are just standard gear recommendation that help out many builds. There are some builds that are much better with resource cost. Certainly a DH with 100% resource cost reduction can throw out twice as many Cluster Arrows which is a significant DPS boost despite not showing up on the sheet. Area damage is also a very powerful stat that is highly underrated. However these stats are harder to work into a build and you need to go into the game with a build in mind and work towards these specific stats. Not recommended for newcomers.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
1,6mil damage with my regular wizard buffs (familiar, energy armor, magic weapon) active right now.

Blood shards, good unit (items below, purely from shards):

http://i.imgur.com/hUSaoeo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice! I've got to stop trying to push higher torment levels and just cruise for items for a while.

Shouta

Leveling my wizard, class feels overpowered as hell compares to the Monk and DH.

It is right now, lol. But honestly, Monk is going to survive just about anything right now with its skills. I'm easily doing Torment 1 with my Monk except for the occasional Dessceration, Poison, Arcane stacking in one place. Never have to move around, lol.

Nokterian

Damn Kripp really making it clear how much he hates D3 in the beginning of the video. Not surprising though, the game really isn't for super hardcore people like him, PoE is more his game.

Ah yes well..i am having fun he doesn't. And he is burned out on PoE i think. Since well his job is streaming everyday. But to be honest i just watch a video when he is playing just to see what he is doing but for the rest his opionion i couldn't be bothered with.

ViviOggi

I'm not going to quote, but spoiler tags guys. Use em. up closer to the top /\

Lots of us haven't finished Act V yet, and don't want to accidentally read about storyline or bosses or anything like that.
I respect spoiler tags anywhere, but why would anyone in their right mind care about Metzen's shit?

Meanwhile he's playing Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm
Face the facts dude, Rania has made him a casual

Kripp doesn't seem that Hardcore anymore as of late.
Maybe it's because there is just not the right game out there right now for him or that real life caught up with him. Watching his stream the last few weeks is just not the same anymore .. 8 hours of unenthuastic zynic Kripp every game he plays ..

Tom Penny

It is right now, lol. But honestly, Monk is going to survive just about anything right now with its skills. I'm easily doing Torment 1 with my Monk except for the occasional Dessceration, Poison, Arcane stacking in one place. Never have to move around, lol.
Monk can never match wizard clear speed and the game revolves around farming efficiency. Monks get screwed the hardest.. Even enchanting. They even nerf dodge which is a main stat skill.

RS4-

I haven't found a good amulet yet. Hell, for whatever reason the rares that drop always have like one or two primaries, but never both at the same time. I think I'm just waiting for the 70 version of the Vaxo.

More rifts later!

Edit - lol of course they fix unity. Monks still getting shit on

Ah yes well..i am having fun he doesn't. And he is burned out on PoE i think. Since well his job is streaming everyday. But to be honest i just watch a video when he is playing just to see what he is doing but for the rest his opionion i couldn't be bothered with.

I couldn't care less what Kripp has to say. The lack of skill tree and the ability to now swap and test skills on the fly without being punished is my favorite part of the game.

Any idea what your allres and armor are at?

Almost 400k DPS unbuffed. Almost 4 million toughness. About 900-1000 AR and about 4.5k armor.

Inner sanctuary and MoE with the dodge passive help me stay alive. Backlash does good damage.

The Unity passive has been hotfixed and is now limited to 4 stacks (20%).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12296739652?page=1#4

Good fix in my opinion. Better than stopping it from working with pets at all.

Better to do it quickly before people get used to it I guess.

Uthred

The price of endgame crafting seems pretty high, recipes calling for Flawless Royals which are what? 2.2 million each? And then it could be shit

Cipherr

Is Frozen Orb currently broken? In a good or a bad way?

My Wizard is only still leveling as I mentioned earlier, but it seems like its very strong. It penetrates enemies which is nothing new, but it reminds me of Nether Tentacles from the demon hunter pre nerf. It seems to be able to hit an enemy multiple times on its way through if the enemy has a large enough hitbox.

I cannot confirm that, but it seems that way. That on top of the skill just flat out being great anyway makes for some seriously potent damage. Its also really easy to synergize a wizard with the +Frost/Element damage you can roll on so many RoS items.

Get a lot of those +Frost bonuses, then on your other pieces get +Arcane Orb damage and double dip all over the place, Frost Orb ends up hitting like a truck.

Dahbomb

Is Frozen Orb currently broken? In a good or a bad way?
It hits like 3 times. It's clearly doing more damage than it should be. It's sort of like the beta Fist of Heaven - Fissure rune or launch Nether Tentacles of DH.

That said the main difference between let's say a Wizard and a DH is the main stat defensive bonus. Right now characters have 6000+ main stat easily... for a Wizard that means 600 additional resistance which is godly. Compared to a DH 6000 Dexterity translates to not that high of a dodge rate. Even if the dodge rate was high it's irrelevant against the stuff that kills you. It's a bigger problem for Monk who HAS to stand on pools of lava/poison etc. but Monk can make up Resistances by using OWE (which is why I think Monks are still good). DHs have to put Diamonds in gear to survive... Wizards just stack Topaz and just get more DPS plus main stat to power through content faster.

Another difference between Monk and Wizard is that Wizards have many DPS enhancing skills where as Monk doesn't have many. They just got one in Unity but that requires group play.

Are some people really complaining that they fixed the obviously very broken Unity passive?

I don't care if you want something else to be fixed, too. This needed fixing, it got the treatment and that certainly ain't something bad.

Crusader to 70, yay!

Will have to experiment more with builds on her now.

Anyway some other thoughts:

-They really need to do something about nearly empty rift levels. Especially when the only condition to completing a rift is the number of monsters you kill. Tedious at best even running them on my crusader with the massive horse speed boost, but I'd be really frustrated running a build/class without such a movement speed effect.

-Bounties where you have to clear an entire floor of a dungeon are also kind of annoying. Take disproportionately long to complete compared to other bounties.

-There was something else but it slipped my mind now after leaving the game - if I remember I'll post it later.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I shall join you, GAF. Created my first Battle.net account and currently installing Diablo III and Reaper of Souls.

Mt tag is BY2K.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Any advice? Haven't played Diablo since the first one, and even that I didn't play much.

I want to create a Crusader, btw.

scy

Eh, DH just needs a bit more utility brought with their normal set of skills. Black Hole working on goblins (/general use anyway) along with the Frozen Orb output is what makes them really good. DH just kind of bring damage and the short duration Damage buff.

Crusader to 70, yay!

Will have to experiment more with builds on her now.

I'll invite you to random runs then :x Need a new Crusader to throw my old loot to~

Tom Penny

Another difference between Monk and Wizard is that Wizards have many DPS enhancing skills where as Monk doesn't have many. They just got one in Unity but that requires group play.
Blizzard gave the middle finger to monks for efficient soling . They apparently designed them so they could buff the other classes that are already better...

Dahbomb

Are some people really complaining that they fixed the obviously very broken Unity passive?

I don't care if you want something else to be fixed, too. This needed fixing, it got the treatment and that certainly ain't something bad.
No people aren't complaining that it got fixed. It should've been fixed for sure.

But they should've fixed Frozen Orb by now too.

Monk is actually a very strong support class. Great auras, Exploding Palm is godly, Cyclone Strike/LTK for crowd control, Inner Sanctuary, Breath of Heaven and Unity passive skill. Monks and Wizard together are INSANE!

Cipherr

I shall join you, GAF. Created my first Battle.net account and currently installing Diablo III and Reaper of Souls.

Mt tag is BY2K.

I think your tag is longer than that. for example mine is Cipherr#1757. Does yours have a hash and a number on the end?

Serick

Married Member
Is anyone else feeling extremely underwhelmed with the crusader's damage output vs. the other classes?

Mine feels extremely slow (even after switching to a 1hander) and doesn't hit very hard compared to my friends on their toons.

Outside of what I assume to be a thorns bug I take foreeeeeeever to kill stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom