• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Is anyone else feeling extremely underwhelmed with the crusader's damage output vs. the other classes?

Mine feels extremely slow (even after switching to a 1hander) and doesn't hit very hard compared to my friends on their toons.

Outside of what I assume to be a thorns bug I take foreeeeeeever to kill stuff.

Their single-target damage and lack of +Damage% hurts but it's mostly a long uphill climb for the gear for damage. Getting the +Skill%, +Elemental%, and so-on helps a lot.

lexi

Banned
If they fix frozen orb to only hit enemies it passes through once it will still be the best Arcane Orb rune by far.

Serick

Married Member
Their single-target damage and lack of +Damage% hurts but it's mostly a long uphill climb for the gear for damage. Getting the +Skill%, +Elemental%, and so-on helps a lot.

I guess the only problem I see with this is other classes getting the same gear will continue to out-class it.

I really feel like the class's skills are fundamentally flawed.

Valnen

It hits like 3 times. It's clearly doing more damage than it should be. It's sort of like the beta Fist of Heaven - Fissure rune or launch Nether Tentacles of DH. .

It would be kind of useless if it didn't hit multiple times, that's what it did in Diablo 2 if I remember right. They better not "fix" it.

jblank83

I've only played up to level 24 with Crusader. I never expected them to match Wizards in damage, however I assume once Zeal is unlocked then single target damage is improved. Meanwhile, I've found them to have excellent crowd control and mob damage, especially with hammer.

Here's what I'm using on my Crusader, and I find it to be sufficient to do Act 1 on T1 so far. Only difference is Condemn, which replaced Shield Glare, and does a lot of damage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jres80-1264/hero/44066052

lexi

Banned
It would be kind of useless if it didn't hit multiple times, that's what it did in Diablo 2 if I remember right.

I believe it *should* hit twice. Currently it hits many enemies a few times as it passes through them, and once again on the explosion.

The explosion is what it's all about, anyway. Dat black hole + Absolute Zero rune.

1,6mil damage with my regular wizard buffs (familiar, energy armor, magic weapon) active right now.

Blood shards, good unit (items below, purely from shards):

hUSaoeo.jpg

Vitality - not even once

How do you survive? Kill them before they kill you?

Okay right, so the other thing I wanted to mention:

The bonus XP Pools of Reflection should have a stacking XP bonus in addition to extending the effect on subsequent pickups. Great incentive for not dying. Maybe they don't/won't do this because they want you to just play on higher difficulties for more bonus XP, but it wouldn't be a problem if you capped the stacking bonus at 5 or something. Would be a lot of fun.

Dahbomb

I don't really understand the rationale behind not giving Crusader 30% damage mitigation after they thoroughly nerfed their passives.

Crusader used to be insanely good but they nerfed everything about them.

They should at least allow them to dual wield so you can make a fast Crusader Zeal build. With no extra damage mitigation and no ability to dual wield Crusader is forced to have slow Wrath generation which means they have to rely too much on resource cost reduction.

Serick

Married Member
I've only played up to level 24 with Crusader. I never expected them to match Wizards in damage, however I assume once Zeal is unlocked then single target damage is improved. Meanwhile, I've found them to have excellent crowd control and mob damage, especially with hammer.

Here's what I'm using on my Crusader, and I find it to be sufficient to do Act 1 on T1 so far. Only difference is Condemn, which replaced Shield Glare, and does a lot of damage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jres80-1264/hero/44066052

I've literally tried every combination that at least demonstrates some type of synergy - and the game is completely different in Torment 2 @ level 70 vs leveling.

My hardest hitting ability is critting for 8 million damage which costs 40 wrath (Heavens Fury, last rune) or 11 million damage (Condemn) and are both on extremely long cooldowns (wrath generation or the actual condemn CD), all the while every one of my friends are getting crits upwards of 25 million on abilities they can spam.

jblank83

I believe it *should* hit twice. Currently it hits many enemies a few times as it passes through them, and once again on the explosion.

The explosion is what it's all about, anyway. Dat black hole + Absolute Zero rune.

And it seems to be doing full damage every time it hits, whether it's passing through or exploding.

lexi

Banned
I still prefer the Lightning Orb because of my stun build. :p Plus, that sound effect!

This is very true. The sound effect on Lightning Orb is AWESOME.

And it seems to be doing full damage every time it hits, whether it's passing through or exploding.

I'm not sure this is true. The explosion hits for 2-3 times more than the pass through in my observation.

get that resist with the int son

I have 7.1 million toughness and I can still get burst down quickly in torment 1. Resists are around 1200 and 5400 armor.

DPS is only 600,000 though. Trying to increase it while maintaining survivability has been.... tricky.

Serick

Married Member
I don't really understand the rationale behind not giving Crusader 30% damage mitigation after they thoroughly nerfed their passives.

Crusader used to be insanely good but they nerfed everything about them.

They should at least allow them to dual wield so you can make a fast Crusader Zeal build. With no extra damage mitigation and no ability to dual wield Crusader is forced to have slow Wrath generation which means they have to rely too much on resource cost reduction.

This is also making me enjoy the class a lot less. I find myself having to stack toughness way higher than Monks/Zerkers because of that lack of 30%.

I have 7.1 million toughness and I can still get burst down quickly in torment 1. Resists are around 1200 and 5400 armor.

DPS is only 600,000 though. Trying to increase it while maintaining survivability has been.... tricky.

Story of my Crusader's life.

Kssio_Aug

Looking at your gear you need to upgrade all of it lol ,

Here are some tips for dps

Helm should always have crit plus main stat (dex)

Shoulder dex vit allres, then life% or armor or skill dmg boost

Gloves attk speed crit chance crit dmg and main stat ignore everything else

Bracer crit vit main stat

Legs/chest/belt/boots main stat vit then whatever but get full sockets

Rings/amu main stat attk speed crit chance and crit dmg

Weapons socket with emerald main stat

Now your Probs thinking these are impossible stats to get well with the mystic it's now a lot easyer, just remember crit >attk speed > crit dmg > main stat

Nice hint! But what about Res to All ?

Nete

Vitality - not even once

How do you survive? Kill them before they kill you?

He has enough toughness to stay alive unless he does a bad move. Anyways, he only plays in group, so is much easier to survive. Nothing like a sucking monk to keep the mobs away from you, or a crusader blinding dangerous things with Shield Glare.

Monk is actually a very strong support class. Great auras, Exploding Palm is godly, Cyclone Strike/LTK for crowd control, Inner Sanctuary, Breath of Heaven and Unity passive skill. Monks and Wizard together are INSANE!

Monk + any damage dealer is awesome.

Also ... While I'm thinking of it. There's a lot of new faces in the D3 thread and not everyone is in the same NA clan. Feel free to add me fenderputty#1180

Ultratech

Leveled up my WD to 67 last night.

Went through like 2/3rds of Act V on Torment I before I had to lower it to Master because Elites started to kick my ass pretty good.
(The worst I got was in that Path area where I got Blood Golems or something with Teleport, Fast, Fire Chains, and Reflect Damage; prolly would had to backtrack if not for Piranhado.)

But yeah, I'm kinda disappointed that I haven't found many upgrades to a lot of my stuff yet.

I goddamn love Piranhas though.

GorillaJu

I'm going balls deep with my crusader, complete main character now (over wizard and DH), but I agree despite being fun to play they're lacking from a numbers perspective.

I don't mind being a bit slow and lumbering so long as that gets made up for with big damage, but the long cool downs, poor wrath regen and low single target damage make her a bit of a wet towel instead of a walking tank.

Some of her utility is incredibly good, like being able to pop 5 seconds (10 with passive) of Glory bottle drops or 100% crit dmg. But group play isn't all there is to Diablo, and it's selfish but I want to be able to contribute through my own means, not by helping myself get carried by much stronger wizards.

I'm sure Crusader will see improvements. Just not sure I'll still be playing the game when those happen :lol

Serick

Married Member
I'm going balls deep with my crusader, complete main character now (over wizard and DH), but I agree despite being fun to play they're lacking from a numbers perspective.

I don't mind being a bit slow and lumbering so long as that gets made up for with big damage, but the long cool downs, poor wrath regen and low single target damage make her a bit of a wet towel instead of a walking tank.

Some of her utility is incredibly good, like being able to pop 5 seconds (10 with passive) of Glory bottle drops or 100% crit dmg. But group play isn't all there is to Diablo, and it's selfish but I want to be able to contribute through my own means, not by helping myself get carried by much stronger wizards.

I'm sure Crusader will see improvements. Just not sure I'll still be playing the game when those happen :lol

You summed up my feelings perfectly.

I think I'm going to re-roll before I burn myself out.

Ashodin

Hearing you guys down on the Crusader, I just want to let you know, 2H Zeal spec is alive and kicking. And kicking MUCH ASS

almost 50% AS from gear alone, goes up to damn near 100% when popping everything, it's so satisfying to swing a 2H faster than a 1H

J2d

All this gloom monk talk is making me sad, I'm not that up to date on how the class compares to the other classes so I cant comment on what needs fixing but the dodge percentage seems awful low at the moment. I do wish that I didn't have to spend all my passive's on defens and could use fleet footed at least =/

MYE

Some neogaf fan recognized my <GAF> clan sig and offered me a badass legendary sword way better than my previous staff :D :D :D

Much luv bro <3333333

I'm tempted to drop my difficulty so that I DON'T get the Torment exclusive sets anymore. I've gotten two Firebird items so far and I'd rather maximize my chances of getting level 70 Tal Rasha replacements for my level 60 ones.

Legendary potions, though...

The Cowboy

So what's the cheapest way to get this in the UK?, I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment and really want this, but I'm wanting to get it as cheap as possible.

Any ideas?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom