• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost23

I have found one (shitty) legendary my whole time playing RoS. My RNG luck is beyond bad. I have 100+ hours in this game and have never had a set item drop before.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bonus picture! Fun with buffs :lol

ggqBGxS.jpg

Dahbomb

I posted this last night, thinking I'd gotten a great drop. But GAF didn't even flinch. Is this really standard for a DH? I don't have one, but I thought I may roll one just to use this:

d3crazycrossbow3oxdd.jpg
It's a very good drop but I don't know how high 2H Xbow go. Still this is very good and I would use it I didn't have anything better.

Just beat
Uzaeil (sp?)
with my 2 buddies on Torment 1. Holy damn people were not kidding about the difficulty spiking. It was a really long fight, and we wiped when he was at 10% or so the first time. We considered knocking it down, but got him the next try.

Crusader is pretty fun, but i feel so weak compared to the Monk and Demon Hunter in my party. The Monk had less toughness than me, more damage, and was able to survive better in fights despite that. I can't figure out a way to get a build that mixes fun offensive abilities and defensive abilities. It works fine right up until we fight a colored mob and then i get instagibbed. At the moment i'm running pure tank with Heaven's Fury as my only damage ability with the rune that removes the CD, but only because my legendary:
CP9JNR5.png

This allows me to work some damage in as i auto attack and stagger my defensive cooldowns to avoid death.

Raptomex

So I beat act v last night and unlocked adventure mode. Does this mean it's bound to my account and I can theoretically delete all my heroes, create a new hero and jump into adventure mode?

Dahbomb

Hmm what do you think I should reroll for a socket?
Depends on the build. Many Crusader builds don't actually make great use of attack speed, they just scale off of the raw damage of his weapon so you can reroll the attack speed for a socket. The vit value is pretty huge and Crusader needs that HP.

rocK`

Banned
playing through on hardcore with a friend - set to master. we went two crusaders, it's pretty fun at the moment, just beat act 1 and level 30. thinking about resetting act 1 to play again - since act 2 - 5 mobs get ridiculous

Dahbomb

playing through on hardcore with a friend - set to master. we went two crusaders, it's pretty fun at the moment, just beat act 1 and level 30. thinking about resetting act 1 to play again - since act 2 - 5 mobs get ridiculous
Monsters scale with your level so even those Act monsters will give you hell. Better to lower difficulty to Hard IMO.

Corsick

As my crusader levels up I'm starting to understand how mediocre they are. They seem to be presented as a melee bruiser but my tank build feels disjointed as I don't do very good damage but yet there is no 30% damage reduction apparently (which I just found out about today and find a bit ridiculous). They're this odd, janky mix of melee tank like class with mid ranged abilities. They seem to pull themselves in two different directions and have to outgear the difficulty they play at to a greater degree than other classes. Overall the class seems underwhelming but aesthetically is really well done. It's unfortunate they can be easily built as a tank but don't get the damage reduction other melee classes get, I don't feel much "rhythm" to my combat with a tank crusader. Using the punish skill and roar rune with the 15% block passive are key to my build but it feels like it builds away from what a crusader is supposed to be (a hybrid of sorts). I'm hoping things pick up.

Edit: I also feel overly cooldown dependent to do decent damage with condemn and heaven's fury, which slows the pace of the game a good bit for me.

Dahbomb

Noob question: why do weapons add/lose to your toughness and health regen ratings?
It depends on their extra stats.

If a weapon has Strength/Dex/Intel on it those stats impact Toughness too. Strength gives Armor, Intel gives Resistance and Dex gives Dodge. Vitality is of course a direct Toughness increase.

Many weapons have secondary affixes like "5000 Life on Kill" which is a stat that impacts Healing. Some weapons may even have Life on Hit which is also a form of healing.

Dizzy-4U

What's the diamond icon left of the stats of an item? Sometimes is grey, sometimes is gold.

200 hours playing and I just noticed it.

Dahbomb

What's the diamond icon left of the stats of an item? Sometimes is grey, sometimes is gold.

200 hours playing and I just noticed it.
Grey means the stat impacts your sheet stat directly (DPS, Toughness, Healing).

Orange means the stat does not impact your sheet stat directly.

Giggzy

Count me in with the group that feels underwhelmed by the crusader. The damage feels horrible compared to other classes. It's not so bad when in groups as I can't notice it as much, but when I want to play alone it's absolutely horrible. I really like the aesthetics and lore of the class though so I'll keep on truckin'.

The build in the video posted towards the top of this page looks pretty good though. I'll have to try that out.

BigDug13

It's not so much the damage of the crusader that gets me. The class just feels boring to me. I feel like I'm slogging along to level him, all the while wishing I was playing one of the other 5 classes.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Noob question: why do weapons add/lose to your toughness and health regen ratings?
As for healing when neither weapon has life on hit/kill, in general the math is that a slower weapon will give you less healing (fewer life on hits per second) than a faster weapon. So when it says healing +/-2% it is usually because it is a faster/slower weapon and is saying the life bonus will proc accordingly.

Cipherr

Got this last night and ran around with it for an hour.

Only realised this morning that it's a 1-hander...

iER0gP7.png

Never unequip that. It clearly has the rolls of a 2h. And it even says 2h Mighty weapon, yet its a 1hander. Put that on, reroll a socket on it and use it forever. If you somehow find a better 1h, just move it to the offhand, lol.

MrDaravon

It's a very good drop but I don't know how high 2H Xbow go. Still this is very good and I would use it I didn't have anything better.

That's actually really good. I'm using this, and this has by far the highest DPS I've seen on a 2-handed bow or crossbow:

QwMkHT8.jpg

Up until I got this I'd been using 1-handed crossbows as I regularly find them in the 2200 range, I think the highest I've had was something like 2286. Meanwhile I don't think I've found a rare 2h bow or crossbow that's broken 2200 at all. They seem to suffer from the general 2-handers are still shit in general problem. I'm honestly floored I got the 2381 dps roll on this one.

Never unequip that. It clearly has the rolls of a 2h. And it even says 2h Mighty weapon, yet its a 1hander. Put that on, reroll a socket on it and use it forever. If you somehow find a better 1h, just move it to the offhand, lol.

It's a glitch with how bnet is pulling data right now, that IS a 2-handed weapon, see my bow above for another example. In game everything shows correctly, but bnet.com is all kinds of fucked for items, stats, etc right now. No idea what's going on over there.

Dahbomb

Huh? the total amount of modifiers they have don't increase, unlike in act 2...
I don't think that matters, if you are at lvl60 monsters will have 4 affixes no matter where you go.

ASPD should scale your Skill damage so I'd roll the VIT, not the ASPD, personally.
ASPD doesn't scale many skills. It especially does not scale many Crusader skills.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
POzWwvBl.png

I'm just wondering, if I want to let this legendary replace my amulet, is the best bet to re-roll that holy damage buff to get extra dex?

Losing all the crit chance sucks as well.

scy

ASPD doesn't scale many skills. It especially does not scale many Crusader skills.

Should scale the cooldown gated ones (e.g., Bombardment). Regardless, it helps the Wrath generation and that's honestly the weak point of the class. ASPD is pretty vital, really.

More important than excess VIT, anyway, unless you're in dire need of it from the weapon for some reason.

Dahbomb

Your current Amulet is far superior and easier to re-roll as well. You can just re-roll the current Vitality roll into a Crit damage roll for a trifecta Amulet.

I am pretty sure you can't roll that Holy damage into Crit chance. That's a Legendary which comes guaranteed with an Elemental damage mod. At best you can change that mod for another elemental affix (like from Holy to Lightning). And besides if a class uses Holy damage that's actually really good for them, these +% elemental damage affixes are really good. It's much better to roll something else on there but even then it's not worth it to roll that Legendary Amulet.

Getting really angry at this game.

A friend of mine is sitting there bragging about how many death breaths he's dropping on master. In the meantime, I just did a full rift clear on Torment 1 and got a total of 5. Then another full rift and only got 4.

Starting to think the drop rate is just bugged for me....

Oh and I've been counting. 9 elites now with no drop. (and 2 treasure goblins)

edit: FINALLY. 14 elite kills and finally a death breath.

Totakeke

Should scale the cooldown gated ones (e.g., Bombardment). Regardless, it helps the Wrath generation and that's honestly the weak point of the class. ASPD is pretty vital, really.

More important than excess VIT, anyway, unless you're in dire need of it from the weapon for some reason.

Eh, I haven't played Crusader, but it seems to me their wrath generators and spenders aren't really good. If so I'd rather totally ignore those mechanics and improve what they're good at rather than marginally improving something that sucks.

Kssio_Aug

Today I played a lot with my friends at skype. Was able to get from 340k dps to 450k (both buffed with magic weapon). Also was able to upgrade my toughness, that, buffed gives me at about 3,5kk (I was able to reach 4kk, but my new off-hand reduced my toughness in exchange of 10% sheet dps plus some elemental skills damage).
My Wizard is getting stronger. It was a pretty nice playthrough, we did 4 nephalen rifts, some bounties, and I helped two of them finish the Act V. =)

BigDug13

Eh, I haven't played Crusader, but it seems to me their wrath generators and spenders aren't really good. If so I'd rather totally ignore those mechanics and improve what they're good at rather than marginally improving something that sucks.

But what are they good at?

Totakeke

But what are they good at?

Their cooldown skills are excellent apparently. So they play like a monk but with mainly cooldown skills instead of using resource. This also means Crusader gets much more out of high weapon damage such as 2h weapons compared to other classes.

Dahbomb

Their cooldown skills are excellent apparently. So they play like a monk but with mainly cooldown skills instead of using resource. This also means Crusader gets much more out of high weapon damage such as 2h weapons compared to other classes.
Yeah but what are you going to do when your skills are off cooldown?

Also skills that are on cooldown are more designed to fight elite packs than clearing out white mobs quickly. Stuff like Seven Sided Strike and Inner Sanctuary of a Monk you don't waste that on some random white mobs you use it on a big pack or a champ/elite. Most of your time in this game is spend clearing trash mobs... you can't rely on cooldown skills for this job.

It's fine having 2 maybe even 3 cooldown skills but having your entire strategy rely on cooldown skills is not a good idea. Generally speaking the game is designed this way for every character:

You have one resource generator (not a cooldown skill)
You have one skill that you use to dump your resource on (not a cooldown skill)
You have one skill that is for defensive/mobility purposes (cooldown skill)
You have one skill that is on cooldown which is pretty powerful
You have on skill that is like an aura/companion that you have on for a long duration (passive but most have an active component with a short cooldown)
You have one skill that is a good control controller, keeps enemies in position. (can be on a cooldown, some aren't like Cyclone Strike)

Crusader is actually good at 4 of those, maybe even 5 (his Wrath moves aren't that bad). The problem is really that his resource generation is bad which in turn makes his Wrath moves bad as well as he can't spam them as much. This is also compounded by the fact that he can't dual wield so he can't attack fast and even if he could dual wield he would get destroyed due to no 30% damage mitigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom