• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

1B3CMnV.gif

lol, I think I'll start saving some caches. I wanna see it rain as well.

I'm having so much fun with my monk I don't know when I'll ever get around to leveling the other classes.

lDkgoCY.jpg

that was us all day.

Legs drop like crazy. Just get in a 4-man on Normal and have everyone do their own missions. You finish all 5 acts in 30-45 minutes, usually get a leg or two along the way, and whatever is in the Caches (usually good for at least 1 leg).

If getting leg drops is your goal, this is the only way to fly. Fast, efficient, and...legs!

Moff

just finished act5

well I dont Play diablo 3 as much or as "seriously" as most in this thread, and I rarely come here because most only post items that make me jelly. but I'll say this: act 5 was really, really good and much better than I hoped it would be. its huge and offers a lot of variety I'd go so far and say ist the best act in any diablo ever.

now I actually wanted to level my crusader, but adventure mode seems far too interesting, why would anyone play campaign mode with adventure mode? I really hope adventure mode can make up for the lack of complexity and the introduction of only 2 new classes (as opposed to LOD's rune System and 2 new classes)

lexi

Banned
that was us all day.

Legs drop like crazy. Just get in a 4-man on Normal and have everyone do their own missions. You finish all 5 acts in 30-45 minutes, usually get a leg or two along the way, and whatever is in the Caches (usually good for at least 1 leg).

If getting leg drops is your goal, this is the only way to fly. Fast, efficient, and...legs!

I've heard of people opening them up in a new game made on Torment 6 difficulty and it apparently affects the quality of the loot. Not the case in my experience.

Moff

that was us all day.

why normal? isnt the chance for legs higher on torment?
so playing torment to get better gear is actually bad?

I've heard of people opening them up in a new game made on Torment 6 difficulty and it apparently affects the quality of the loot. Not the case in my experience.

No, it doesn't affect. That was fixed in the Beta.

But, speed farming>>>>>item bonus for increasing difficult

Then.....

why normal? isnt the chance for legs higher on torment?
so playing torment to get better gear is actually bad?

because you get it done faster.

It's not bad to play on torment to get better gear. There are a few sets that only drop on Torment. That said, 90% of the legs drop on any difficulty setting, and speed is the key. On normal, everyone in a party can breeze through a mission on their own and collect the bounty for the group in a few minutes, then move to the next. the 5 bounties for a given cache can be done in 5-10 minutes, depending on how hard it is to find what you're there to do (assuming a 4-man party). The higher the difficulty, the more time it will take them.

Normal is the safest, fastest way to get your collection of caches. 1-3 legs (on average) for 30-40 minutes of time. Hard to beat that amount of drops in that window of time.

Having as close to a full party as possible is important here. 3-man, minimum to maximize speed. 4-man for real winning.

Morokh

lol, I think I'll start saving some caches. I wanna see it rain as well.

Are caches affected by MF ? (if that is still in the game)

Did one or two bounty runs, and so far i'm not liking it that much, they drop you in a selected area, give you one or two objectives where you can basically skip everything else and just rush to it to collect your bounty .. because you can.
Why not just drop you directly exactly where you need to be in the first place then ?

At one point I realized I had collected a new currency (Blood shards is it ?) without having any idea where that comes from, only to realize it is just used for a new form of gambling ? once again why not re-visit the old NPC's that already do that and give them an upgrade instead ?

And one more rant for the day : cooldowns are fucking not fun !

LCGeek

formerly sane

It's not bad to play on torment to get better gear. There are a few sets that only drop on Torment. That said, 90% of the legs drop on any difficulty setting, and speed is the key. On normal, everyone in a party can breeze through a mission on their own and collect the bounty for the group in a few minutes, then move to the next. The higher the difficulty, the more time it will take them.

Normal is the safest, fastest way to get your collection of caches. 1-3 legs (on average) for 30-40 minutes of time. Hard to beat that amount of drops in that window of time.

Thanks been wondering about this situation myself.

Zemm

Some of music I act 5 and rifts sound like they've been straight ripped from the Souls games, which is good. The piece of music on the way to Adria is amazing.

dengatron

1 handers are so underwhelming on crusaders. all the skills scale so well with weapon damage and wrath works so poorly with attack speed that it just feels like a wet noodle option compared to heavens strength. i need a blade of prophecy horribly, but this mortal drama 2 hand flail i got earlier works pretty well. double 50+ million bombardment crits are pretty hilarious.

Dreavus

Ummm Frozen Orb is not that great guys. A lot of its damage output comes from the explosion at the end and that is not easy to pull off when you're playing solo.

I've been using it with Blackhole and Spectral blades (thrown blades) and I can usually catch bigger mobs with the edge of the explosion. I've been finding it to be a very hard skill to replace.

I even have a weapon with +28% damage on disintegrate that I'm currently using, and frozen orb still seems more powerful than that. Being able to toss out orbs and remain on the move is has a lot more value (defensively speaking) than I realized.

I'm having so much fun with my monk I don't know when I'll ever get around to leveling the other classes.

I mained a monk forever in classic D3, and I'll likely jump back on mine after hitting 70 on the crusader. I'm missing a lot of the monk's mobility, and without the 30% damage reduction the crusader doesn't feel any sturdier than my monk did.

What is a good monk build right now?

Dreavus

It's not bad to play on torment to get better gear. There are a few sets that only drop on Torment. That said, 90% of the legs drop on any difficulty setting, and speed is the key. On normal, everyone in a party can breeze through a mission on their own and collect the bounty for the group in a few minutes, then move to the next. the 5 bounties for a given cache can be done in 5-10 minutes, depending on how hard it is to find what you're there to do (assuming a 4-man party). The higher the difficulty, the more time it will take them.

Having as close to a full party as possible is important here. 3-man, minimum to maximize speed. 4-man for real winning.

Oh man, I need to try this with my crew. We've been testing our limits at Torment 1 but I didn't consider spreading out for bounties. I can already see the caches stacking up.

I feel like we'd want to bump it back up for rift runs, though.

Moff

thanks a lot for the explanation.
the reward for the bounty is the horadrim chest, right?
there are 5 for each act and when all 5 are done, even separatly, everyone in the Party will get the horadrim chest?

and what about those rifts?
sorry to ask, I'm sure this has been aksed a lot, but a Google search only turns up previews.

Nymerio

The mobility is what I love about the class. Nothing beats zipping around with Dashing Strike and chain pulling mobs with Cyclone strike. Don't know what the standard build is, I'm really just playing with whatever is most fun for me. Cyclone Strike in combination with Exploding Palm does crazy damage but it gets a bit boring after a time. This is what I'm using now: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UZfdji!dihW!ZYbcZZ. I really like the Mystic Rythm passive, Cyclone Strike does pretty good aoe damage with it and LTK can crit with almost 10 mil.

Are caches affected by MF ? (if that is still in the game)

Did one or two bounty runs, and so far i'm not liking it that much, they drop you in a selected area, give you one or two objectives where you can basically skip everything else and just rush to it to collect your bounty .. because you can.
Why not just drop you directly exactly where you need to be in the first place then ?

At one point I realized I had collected a new currency (Blood shards is it ?) without having any idea where that comes from, only to realize it is just used for a new form of gambling ? once again why not re-visit the old NPC's that already do that and give them an upgrade instead ?

And one more rant for the day : cooldowns are fucking not fun !

I don't know. I just want to see it rain :)

BigDug13

I've been using it with Blackhole and Spectral blades (thrown blades) and I can usually catch bigger mobs with the edge of the explosion. I've been finding it to be a very hard skill to replace.

I even have a weapon with +28% damage on disintegrate that I'm currently using, and frozen orb still seems more powerful than that. Being able to toss out orbs and remain on the move is has a lot more value (defensively speaking) than I realized.

Yeah I've been trying to make other builds, but I keep going back to the frozen orb because it outdamages every other build I can possibly make. Also damn if having both teleport with 2 mirror images rune and mirror image with the 4 images rune plus time bubble isn't just ridiculous, both defensively and offensively. Add to that frozen orb and whatever else you want for non-channeled damage (since the mirror images don't cast channeled spells), and it's a pretty dominant build that I have a hard time specing out of. It was even more ridiculous before the last patch when every mirror image would cast a hydra and the hydras would stick around after the images dissipated. With the lightning stun passive, hydras all over the battlefield were able to basically stunlock everything.

BigDug13

No, it doesn't affect. That was fixed in the Beta.

But, speed farming>>>>>item bonus for increasing difficult

Then.....

I still think that's a failure in design. It should never be better to play a gimped difficulty version of the game to acquire loot. Game is still fun as shit now but they really need to fix it so that playing on Normal isn't a better "loot per minute" scenario than playing on Torment. And playing on Torment 1 shouldn't be better "loot per minute" than max Torment.

I still think that's a failure in design. It should never be better to play a gimped difficulty version of the game to acquire loot. Game is still fun as shit now but they really need to fix it so that playing on Normal isn't a better "loot per minute" scenario than playing on Torment. And playing on Torment 1 shouldn't be better "loot per minute" than max Torment.

I'm also of that opinion. The problem Blizz is probably afraid of though, is that some extreme players will simply gear up amazingly quickly and will be able to run the higher torment levels real easily, especially if teamed up. If that's the case and you have like a 500% leg. drop rate from normal to Torment 1 then those people will farm legendaries at a super crazy rate. That seems to be sth Blizz wants to avoid.

That said, while I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it, this current problem has to be addressed. Running through the easiest content instead of having a relatively fun challenge can't be the way to go. Limiting certain legendaries to only higher difficulty is a decent way to go about it but has plenty drawbacks. For example I'll simply not care about the few set items that I can't acquire yet. There's plenty other good legendaries out there for now.

scy

Up to 850k damage / 7.5M Toughness and found a new build to enjoy. I'll probably re-gear the ASPD to CDR% like originally planned but had to roll CC% instead so it'll come down to when I get STR/CC/CD drops to reroll. Probably aiming for 33% or so in the end I guess. Condemned is mostly for the pulling, Blind is CC/Wrath generation, FoH is really good damage (~12M crits), and I've grown quite fond of the permanent 3 stack Glory for +10% Damage procs and +10% MSPD.

Trying to figure out what to swap Righteousness out for as the Wrath generation isn't really all that necessary with Blind giving me full Wrath on groups. If I had a Holy Weapon it'd be an easy Holy Cause but eh.

Need to replace the shitty shoulders at some point but 500-something shards got me nothing worth rerolling.

So what the Diablo team did basically, was take Diablo, and turn it into Civ:

JUST ONE MORE RIFT.

story of the night

Reknoc

Finished off Act V last night, finally. I was getting a little tired of it that I was pretty much rushing the last dungeon. That said it is a fantastic act, and it has a lot of content which is good, but around half way though I was just "no i want to play adventure mode noooooooooow"

Only managed to get two bounties in before I decided to call it a night :( good game though.

sqwarlock

Sometimes I feel weird by preferring to play D3 solo. I know it's harder, and less efficient, but it's a game where I like to go at my own pace and it feels like that's not possible when in a party. Yeah, like I said, weird.

I LOVE this game now.

So... as everyone else I was sad there was no Necro in this game... but thanks to my build and some gear I've been able to rectify that.

I made ashearas set today... which calls your followers to aid you occasionally (all the friggin time)

They get all their weapons, skills and abilities while they are out so I am working on gear for them all now.

Ontop of that, thanks to maxing IAS on my WD I CONSTANTLY spawn fetishes which do really good damage now. I love this game.

YB5lJWU.jpg

Just did the Normal runs on all 5 Acts by myself. Took about 1.5 hrs.

I found 3 legendaries and 1 set plan in the run (1 of the legendaries was a set piece which I found odd? Thought that could only drop in Torment difficulties)

I opened all stashes at the same time (5 of them). Not one legendary :(

I LOVE this game now.

So... as everyone else I was sad there was no Necro in this game... but thanks to my build and some gear I've been able to rectify that.

I made ashearas set today... which calls your followers to aid you occasionally (all the friggin time)

They get all their weapons, skills and abilities while they are out so I am working on gear for them all now.

Ontop of that, thanks to maxing IAS on my WD I CONSTANTLY spawn fetishes which do really good damage now. I love this game.

That is awesome. Though I think maxing out dmg for fetishes allows for more DPS as Follower DPS is usually pretty ass =[

Reknoc

Sometimes I feel weird by preferring to play D3 solo. I know it's harder, and less efficient, but it's a game where I like to go at my own pace and it feels like that's not possible when in a party. Yeah, like I said, weird.

I only play solo as well. Never really had any interest in playing with others tbh. Adventure mode might change that as it seems better structured for multiplayer.

Didn't get to play today cause I spent 5 hours debugging DirectX shader code... turns out I had mistakenly declared a matrix as float4 rather than float4x4 in a cbuffer which obviously screwed up the offsets. -_- It doesn't help that it's my first time doing normal mapping so I thought there was an issue with the code, not something silly like that.

On the plus side, normal mapping is working!

jersoc

so i started to farm bounties in expert instead of t1. pulled 4 legs in 90 mins. thats more than i ever got on t1 in like 3 hours. got a nice azurewrath and an amazing shield for a crusader, its the act 2 cube one. has like 32 to block and receiving 53% less dmg on blocked attacks.

i'll stick to rifting in the torments I think.

No.

1-You equip you char in lower dif

2-In a few weeks you jump to higher dif, for the paragon leveling and sets for sure.

The way you suggest is repeating the D3V initial mistake with the wall of dif that make imposible to equip a char and develop the char.

Seil

No.

1-You equip you char in lower dif

2-In a few weeks you jump to higher dif, for the paragon leveling and sets for sure.

The way you suggest is repeating the D3V initial mistake with the wall of dif that make imposible to equip a char and develop the char.

Except that legendaries are equivalent regardless of where they're obtained now, unlike at launch, and difficulties are much better tuned now.

You wouldn't be barred from obtaining proper level gear from lower difficulties like you were at launch. You would just be able to obtain legendaries faster by facing the dangers of higher difficulties, which is currently not the case. Other than experience and a chance at a few Torment only legendaries, you're basically punished for taking the challenge since you generally obtain less loot for the time invested.

If we assume they do the non-Blizzard thing and buff Torment rather than nerf lower difficulties, there would be no real downside. Make Torment's legendary rate actually competitive and there's really no problem. There's no economy to ruin seeing as everything's BoA, afterall.

DSmalls84

Got my Crusader to 50 last night in Adventure mode. Hellire Ring, Marquise Ruby, and increased difficulty make leveling stupid fast for new characters.

It's so crazy, I am not much of a monogamous gaming person when it comes to gaming but basically since the patch dropped all I am playing is diablo 3.

that was us all day.

I cannot wait till they nerf split farming into the ground. Assuming you are doing this.

Found this 1-Hand Crossbow and am wondering what stat I should reroll into:

uFEm4k3.png

Is +damage% the best or rather attack speed? I'd assume +damage% but I'm not sure if that applies to just the base damage or the overall damage (even if it's extra cold damage).

J2d

that was us all day.

Do these legs include natalya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom