• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Turns out my idea for barbs sustaining fury with globes wouldn't have worked out. It seems like there's a limit on how many a given mob will give up. Oh well.

Tried out tempest rush with the moonlight ward. Confirmed what I expected - it procs like crazy! Good way to run TR on higher difficulty for quick bounties. Shame they nerfed its movement speed so badly. It's only really worth it for the ability to hit mobs on the run. Dashing strike is better overall I'd say.

Found this 1-Hand Crossbow and am wondering what stat I should reroll into:

uFEm4k3.png

Is +damage% the best or rather attack speed? I'd assume +damage% but I'm not sure if that applies to just the base damage or the overall damage (even if it's extra cold damage).

I wouldn't reroll that at all. Maybe the hatred regen to try and get vit or LoH, but Id rock that all day til I came across a better bow (looking at you Kridershot).

Jinaar

I got this at level 39, still going strong at level 44. Blessed Hammer + Lightning Rune + Dominion at the same time is righteous.

NMZl5Z6.jpg

Giggzy

I'm really starting to enjoy the crusader. I managed to get some good upgrades yesterday that took me from 250k dps to 450k. I'm using Moldrans build posted a few pages back.

A couple of my items add +% dmg to Bombardment, I think I have around 30% extra dmg, that shit just melts elites instantly. So good.

ferr

Anyone been able to replace their amulet yet? I have a level 60 trifecta ammy with pretty much max stats.. I don't see it going away unless I get the level 70 ammy plans. No legs seem to be good enough, maybe the halcyon because of the elite dmg.

One thing I have to comment on is the price of opening a rift. For being the most rewarding content in the game (or that's the intention anyway), they're sure cheap to open compared to say, some of the absurd crafting/reforging costs (which are seemingly going to be the primary time and gold sink, besides the new hellfire rings).

Now I'm not saying you lock people out of the content by making them prohibitively expensive, but I'd like to see some tweaks. Would rather see rifts be a little bit more expensive to create, but also have slightly better rewards on average to compensate. Higher percent chances for at least Forgotten Souls from Rift Guardians for example.

hobart

I need some theorycraft talk with Asheara's Vestiment set items. I have the plans and recently farmed ALMOST all the mats -- I want to know if it's worth my cost to give these plans a go. The 4 piece set bonus is that all followers join you in battle. Not sure what I think about this. If Unity works with followers -- it could be ok.

Anyway -- has anyone seen these set pieces and what are your thoughts?

Asheara's Vestments - 3rd one Down.

JCizzle

Reforging is ridiculously expensive. Needing a Legendary to DE just to change a single stat is crazyyyy. I thought it was going to be a gold dump, not a materials one.

ferr

Reforging is ridiculously expensive. Needing a Legendary to DE just to change a single stat is crazyyyy. I thought it was going to be a gold dump, not a materials one.

Probably seems expensive because it's the first few days of the xpac. Wait until a month from now when you've piled on the gems and salvaged mats.

Amneisac

Probably seems expensive because it's the first few days of the xpac. Wait until a month from now when you've piled on the gems and salvaged mats.

Yeah, I think it needs to have a cost that at least requires some consideration. There has to be some kind of obstacle to having the best gear. Don't people enjoy the thrill of the chase anymore?

Nete

What build are you using?

8fbee70bbbb36cc32a455dff8403d811.png

With this thing as the only item that affects the build:

d906eac1f5133c8972f048ce5e45d8c7.png

Rest of the gear, rares or crappy legs. I stack a 33% cooldown reduction tho, so Condemns each 10 seconds, Laws of Valor (100% extra crit) each 30 and go on.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
http://i.gyazo.com/8fbee70bbbb36cc32a455dff8403d811.png

With this thing as the only item that affects the build:

[img]http://i.gyazo.com/d906eac1f5133c8972f048ce5e45d8c7.png

Rest of the gear, rares or crappy legs. I stack a 33% cooldown reduction tho, so Condemns each 10 seconds, Laws of Valor (100% extra crit) each 30 and go on.[/QUOTE]

Instead of steed, look into judgment ... Specifically the rune where it gives 80% increased crit chance against those judged (with a CD reduction... That can make you a god)

Dahbomb

Didn't know that you could be asked to use gems for re-rolling stats on Legendaries.

Hasn't had that happen to me yet. Truth be told in the long run it's not going to be an issue at all... getting max gem isn't hard at all and eventually you will have more gems than you would know what to do with.

I have two Legendaries that need re-rolling and my build would be complete more or less. I would then just need this Legendary for full completion:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gyana-na-kashu

Today I crafted a Demon Hand and it was pretty crap to be honest. It rolled some nice stats but mediocre damage. Instant Forgotten Soul. I was so excited to craft it too...

Ronabo

This was the first Legendary after I hit 70 on my Barb.

4pgTByw.png

I was dual wielding, but this thing raised my damage by over 50%. I'm playing on Master and I just beat the bog witch.

15 minutes later I found a legendary shield called Denial with crazy stats. Too bad I'm sticking with the two hander for now.

Instro

Picked up a level 70 Rhen'ho flayer last night. Goodbye spirit barrage, hello toads. Almost done with Act 5, I've been pretty much clearing every map so its taking a while but I'm having fun. It'll be adventure mode time soon.

Boogdud

Seeing all these awesome secondaries is depressing. I keep getting horrible legendaries.

I got a weapon on my wd last night that had a proc of casting haunt on 5 enemies when I opened a treasure chest. Really!? That's what you're going with? Horrible.

Takuan

This was the first Legendary after I hit 70 on my Barb.

4pgTByw.png

I was dual wielding, but this thing raised my damage by over 50%. I'm playing on Master and I just beat the bog witch.

15 minutes later I found a legendary shield called Denial with crazy stats. Too bad I'm sticking with the two hander for now.
Roll a Crusader, give no fucks, rock both and murder your enemies

Nete

Instead of steed, look into judgment ... Specifically the rune where it gives 80% increased crit chance against those judged (with a CD reduction... That can make you a god)

I use the Steed only for its anti CC effect. The only skill I would use to replace is Akarat's Champion, and I don't really like it due the long cooldown (even 90s, 60 with my CD reduction, is much better than the 120s it had on the beta).

Judgement+Resolve is overkill when I'm already sitting over 50% Crit Chance. On a 0% Crit Chance build is awesome tho. Some day I will have the gear for that.

Didn't know that you could be asked to use gems for re-rolling stats on Legendaries.

Hasn't had that happen to me yet. Truth be told in the long run it's not going to be an issue at all... getting max gem isn't hard at all and eventually you will have more gems than you would know what to do with.

You only need gems to reroll stats on legendary rings and amulets. Is basically a gem sink for those you don't use on that char, as it will never ask you for your main stat gem.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
TGIF motherfuckers I can't wait to rip it up all weekend.

Once I get my crusader to 70 I'm definitely going to try the normal bounty split farming to hopefully get a couple good leggos early in his life. May even do it on my WD and pray for a mask of jeram or something.

idlewild_

I got a weapon on my wd last night that had a proc of casting haunt on 5 enemies when I opened a treasure chest. Really!? That's what you're going with? Horrible.

I got that one last night too, from what I read it seems in the beta the proc worked off of breaking objects, turning over bodies/rocks, etc. and not just off of chests. Not sure if that was a bug, but I think I'll probably try it out sometime to see if that still happens. My current belt is too good for me to change up on my barb (+33% MS buff for entire party for 10s after using war cry and + 14% bash damage,) but if the belt still works off of everything then it might see some use on another character.

supergiz

Just finished diablo 3. While it was fun I don't want to play the story over and over again. Is the expansion the same way or are there other modes?

Baliis

Just finished diablo 3. While it was fun I don't want to play the story over and over again. Is the expansion the same way or are there other modes?

The expansion adds adventure mode which lets you warp between acts freely, gives you 25 goals to complete (5 per act) for loot boxes, and lets you open randomized dungeons, so quite a bit better than running the story over and over.

IceMarker

Holy shit guys, Amazon actually finally shipped my CE, and they gave me $10 credit on top of it.

Now let's see how fast it gets here.

Seil

After completing Act V in the expansion, you unlock Adventure Mode which lets you access the maps of all five acts and complete bounties. Every act is assigned five random bounties when you enter adventure mode. These range from clearing dungeons or completing cursed chest challenges to defeating bosses and so on.

Completing bounties grants experience, gold, blood shards(which are gambled away on randomized items) and rift keystones which are used to enter Nephalem Rifts. Nephalem Rifts are dungeons with random tilesets, layout, mob varieties and so on. Also some very overpowered shrines to make things even more fun.

Overall, Adventure Mode adds a lot of variety which adds some longevity to the game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Holy shit guys, Amazon actually finally shipped my CE, and they gave me $10 credit on top of it.

Now let's see how fast it gets here.

Fantastic news, but I think they should have payed for your whole purchase.

Kssio_Aug

I did a Bounty run with a gaffer from the NA clan and two more friends. We were able to finish all the bounties in at about 1 hour (at hard). It gave a nice ammount of exp, and 5 of thoses Tyrael treasures! Most got some legendarie of them, I however, did not had any luck. But it was fun!! I wanna do that again later. =P

Dawg

I did a Bounty run with a gaffer from the NA clan and two more friends. We were able to finish all the bounties in at about 1 hour (at hard). It gave a nice ammount of exp, and 5 of thoses Tyrael treasures! Most got some legendarie of them, I however, did not had any luck. But it was fun!! I wanna do that again later. =P

Do you need to be max level (70) to join a bounty run with gaffers?

ferr

When they first announced bounty mode / boss rush mode, I thought they would have new (small) areas with a new boss at the end. Adventure mode is fun and all, but it would have been cooler with some more new-ness to it.. rather than killing the same old bosses and running through the same old areas. Neph Run kind of has that going on with the randomness to the areas and the neph guardians at the end, though.

Kssio_Aug

Do you need to be max level (70) to join a bounty run with gaffers?

You do not need to be max level to do the bounties. However, lower level will probably have trouble soloing the bounties, since we were doing each one an act, at the same time.

I can help to powerlevel you however if you want. I am at there now and I can help for the next 20~30 minutes.

Add me: KssioAugh#1269

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom