• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

It's so crazy, I am not much of a monogamous gaming person when it comes to gaming but basically since the patch dropped all I am playing is diablo 3.

Me too. I'm starting to feel bad for brushing off friends I'd normally play online with regularly (BF4, warframe etc). They don't have diablo, they don't understand.

GorillaJu

ru3dH1T.png

This weapon is really fucking good.

I fail at cropping screenshots, the name is Scourge. The proc is significant damage. I'm not sure exactly how much it is but its a point blank AOE, seems to be around 300% weapon dmg.

Damn, this changes everything. Almost 700k dips on the Crusader now

What sholuld be aiming for as a Monk for T1? DPS, Heatlth and resist wise, also I am still reluctant to drop my legacy Nathalya's boots and ring because of the CC bonus, should I just let those go?

Act V was kinda brutal to my glass cannon wizard, especially towards the end. Almost every enemy was charging or jumping at me, rapidly closing distance and forcing me into facetank - which was particularly annoying when they started to ignore my Black Hole, casually jumping over it or simply strolling by. Ram battle wasn't very fun for the same reason - with so many enemies and so little room for kiting I didn't have much choice but to die repeatedly, hoping to defeat everyone before "rez at checkpoint" penalty come into play.

As for Crusader - yes, my impressions are that its abilities aren't exactly powerful. The class overall feels very "generic" - nothing really stand out in terms of power, no big numbers and the only one ability that made me feel good was "guaranteed crits for everyone".

Talking about abilities, I feel some of them need an overhaul. There are plenty of runes that I look at and shake my head - "Yeah, I cannot imagine a situation where I could use it. Ever." Others are very situation specific, and I cannot shake the feeling that some of them were created with PVP in mind - and who knows, with new expansion and reworked basically everything - perhaps we will see arena battles someday.

Still, great expansion nevertheless.

Nokterian

It's so crazy, I am not much of a monogamous gaming person when it comes to gaming but basically since the patch dropped all I am playing is diablo 3.

I am a pretty fanatic gamer i also have Titanfall and South Park..but at this moment Diablo to me is fun out of the wazoo. I keep playing it and no other game can come in between at the moment. Oh god i am falling back what WoW did to me but i don't mind i am having tons of fun. The whole patch 2.0 and this new expansion is very good even better then expected to me.

Quick q, because it's slightly on topic and it shows up in the thread.

What are you using to create GIFs? There's tens of hundreds of options, but, the ones in here seem to have turned out pretty well.

DSmalls84

Me too. I'm starting to feel bad for brushing off friends I'd normally play online with regularly (BF4, warframe etc). They don't have diablo, they don't understand.

Diablo when done right has this type of affect on people lol. Luckily for me all of my friends are also playing so it seems a bit less antisocial.

Cigol

Quick q, because it's slightly on topic and it shows up in the thread.

What are you using to create GIFs? There's tens of hundreds of options, but, the ones in here seem to have turned out pretty well.
+1, was just about to ask the same question when I saw you'd asked already. Some awesome looking gifs have piqued my interest.

What sholuld be aiming for as a Monk for T1? DPS, Heatlth and resist wise, also I am still reluctant to drop my legacy Nathalya's boots and ring because of the CC bonus, should I just let those go?

Sorry, can't really help on the numbers (my main is a monk but I play with a couple friends at all times pretty much). We beat T1 last night and I have around 250k DPS and 5 million toughness. I definitely would recommend replacing any legacy items. The CC bonus is nice but it doesn't make up for the huge stat difference on the new items.

Much closer, but until we are able to trade and barter for items it will still be off.

This. My friend that I play with doesn't miss it because he's a loner or just plays with a single friend in games. For me social activities in games make the game feel much more boundless, which is a huge reason D2 had so much replayability. 15 years later and we're 2 steps backwards on that front (step 1, auction house, step 2 account bound items).

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I must have really bad luck b/c I've only found like 6 legs since release. Like 1 per 3-4 hours. I have never gotten one from bounty bags or rifts. Heck, the rift bosses don't even drop forgotten souls for me. I've only found 1 of those out of 20+ rifts.

J0dy77

Man, this game... so freaking good. After finishing some of these Torment Rifts and going back to town I actually have to take a deep breath. Bringing back gambling, being able to roll items into something worthwhile, transmorg so my monk doesn't look ridiculous. So good. I'm sure I'll burn out on the grind eventually but it won't be for quite some time.

finally hit about 450k dps with my crusader

Starting to really like it

Thing with crusader is there is a few workable builds but when it doesnt work, it just flat out does not work and makes you feel useless.

Have to control your wrath and not rely on CD skills

Mind sharing your build? Interested to see how others are going about it.

Kssio_Aug

Ok Gaffers, in at about 15min. I will be home to play a little. Those who are interested on doing adventure mode at Normal, to clear each one a act, and get those Tyrael gifts are wellcome! I wanna see it rain too!! Lol

I am at GAFMAX. My battletag is: KssioAug#1269 (NA server).

DSmalls84

Don't forget PvP!

I was never really into PvP but spent hours flipping items in chat. That's what I miss most, but I imagine pvp is what most other complaints will be about. Two huge components of the diablo experience that are missing. A boss rush mode that mimics magic find runs would be nice too, but I think adventure mode is the closest compromise we will get.

Sorry, can't really help on the numbers (my main is a monk but I play with a couple friends at all times pretty much). We beat T1 last night and I have around 250k DPS and 5 million toughness. I definitely would recommend replacing any legacy items. The CC bonus is nice but it doesn't make up for the huge stat difference on the new items.

Thanks, I'll aim for those numbers, and yes I believe it is time to let those go.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Thanks! That's really close to what i was running a while ago. I think my gear just wasn't up to the task. I loved the build, but i would get crushed so fast in fights.

If I didn't have the gear it probably wouldn't work lol

Have a few things working for me... Good weapon, good shield and a ton of crit chance, all resist and regen

I still need to replace some pieces... Like the gloves, bracers and boots

I am pretty happy with most everything else though

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So which in-game contents expires after March 31st?

the pre-order content (Valla HotS unlock and golden wings) for physical copies needs to be redeemed by Mar 31. That was the only deadline and it's only for physical copies. As it was a "pre-order bonus", digital copies had to be purchased before launch to qualify.

How do you reroll legendary stuff? And how do you get a socket in them?

Same answer. Enchantress. You can reroll one stat/slot on a legendary the same way you can on any item. If there's a junk stat you don't like that can potentially give you a socket (or something else) roll on it. I believe you can actually reroll sockets themselves to try for one of the crit stats or a primary stat if you like.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Did the 4 man normal runs through adventure mode last night for like 5 hours straight. Got at least a dozen legendaries out of it.

What's interesting is that there was a crazy amount of duplicates, I wonder if the legendary pool it draws from on Normal is very small or something.

Some bounties can really suck it. No, I don't WANT to clear through a massive level and kill all the shit on the still large second floor.

But I will, because I have a problem. Dat horadric cache loot.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Did the 4 man normal runs through adventure mode last night for like 5 hours straight. Got at least a dozen legendaries out of it.

What's interesting is that there was a crazy amount of duplicates, I wonder if the legendary pool it draws from on Normal is very small or something.

sub-torment difficulties roll on a limited legendary tablet. torment I and higher roll on the full legendary table.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
sub-torment difficulties roll on a limited legendary tablet. torment I and higher roll on the full legendary table.

I thought it was primarily sets that didn't drop sub torment

Horadric caches have unique legendaries that won't drop in torment

I'm splitting my time between D3 and Titanfall.

TF when friends are on and D3 the rest of the time..

So good.

Same here. Although Diablo has still eaten about 90% of my gaming-time. Poor Titanfall - a very good game that is being neglected due to my Diablo-addiction. I wonder if it will remain like this for weeks or months...

Brandson

I am still using nat's ring and boots on my Monk and I'm able to to T1. So far since RoS I've only replaced shoulders, one ring, and weapons, while swapping out green gems for diamonds in everything except weapon. Most of my gear is still legacy. I'm focusing on replacing my head and legs pieces at the moment but have yet to find anything yet that I feel is worth upgrading to. I have one legs piece that could be wearable once enchanted, but I'm all out of death breaths. I also have some newer weapons that will ultimately boost my damage but they also need enchanting first.

Here's my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brandson-1312/hero/12803954

I change which skills I'm using before bosses, swapping cyclone strike for inner sanctuary/forbidden palace, exploding palm to either EP/impending doom or to sweeping wind/inner storm, and crippling wave to hundred fists/hands of lightning.

Currently I'm at just over 400k damage using a 1h weapon and a shield, 2m toughness, 77k healing, and 39% cooldown reduction in-game. My in-game all resistance is just over 900. My armor is a bit low though. I also have enough spirit regen, and use the mantra cost reduction passive allowing me to be able to spam mantra of healing 99% of the time to have a near-constant shield up absorbing about 50k damage. My damage is still too low to do T1 quickly, but I don't die too often anymore, and in many situations can sit in elite packs for a long time without having to move. I can do bosses on T1 in adventure mode, but it takes a while.

So for me, having in-game crit chance at about 65% is pretty good. I feel like to replace any of my legacy nat ring, nat boots, belt, and amulet I would need to find something REALLY good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom