• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Not a fan of how "multiplayer" has degenerated into basically being solo. When my friends and I do bounties, we all go together.

v0mitg0d

Crusader is a fucking boss. I just fought the butcher by standing in his face and hammering the shit out of him. That's standing in his face no matter what. Ignoring all his strikes and fire, just going to town. He was stunned, blinded, or charmed half the time and I never lost more than 1/4 health.

Ok your post has given me hope. I'm finding the Crusader kind of boring, but the good news is I think it's my faulty (and I'm only level 17). I also think I'm gearing up incorrectly. Let me parse out my questions to you (or anyone else interested in answering):

1) What stats should I primarily look for in each location (IE: +dmg on weapon, +Vitality on chest, + resist on gloves)

2) What runes are you using now and at lower levels?

3) I raised the difficulty on Crusader from Hard to Master once I hit level 15 and got destroyed. I lowered it back down to Hard and it's better, but I just feel under powered right now. Really don't want to drop down to Normal.

4) I don't want to do it, but I could take my lev 68 WD and level his paragon level I suppose (he's only level 3--please don't laugh!)

Thanks in advanced guys!

ferr

Not a fan of how "multiplayer" has degenerated into basically being solo. When my friends and I do bounties, we all go together.

Are you talking about how a game of 4 players are taking out an act's bounties individually instead of together? Seems like that shouldn't really be a flaw in the system, since more players = harder enemies = harder to solo. So more power to those who can achieve that. Unless the enemies aren't hard enough to curb solo'ing.

Kssio_Aug

I get what you mean, but we had fun. While doing the bounties everytime I recieved a message that one was completed and gave me exp, even from another act. At the bosses everyone helped each other, and while one finish a act he starts to help the others. At the end everyone is doing it together or in 2 separetd doubles. Very cooperative I would say.

Adventure mode with a group of 4 people on normal each doing a bounty is a great way to get legs but terrible for XP. Our group got around 6 or so legs in 30 minutes yesterday.

Giggzy

Are you talking about how a game of 4 players are taking out an act's bounties individually instead of together? Seems like that shouldn't really be a flaw in the system, since more players = harder enemies = harder to solo. So more power to those who can achieve that. Unless the enemies aren't hard enough to curb solo'ing.

I'm not sure how feasible it is to split up on higher difficulties, but a four person game doing that strategy on normal/hard is still hilariously easy. Everything just melts.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

I'm guessing this is what you mean, but this is largely not the game's fault but who you group with. I've been in a few guild runs (GAFMAX) where it was guild/group through and through. Two people or so would go back to town and everyone would hold up til they got back, etc. Friends are the same way.

But yeah, just open games and random drop ins in D3 is pretty bad in general. I swear I had like 3 games in a row one day where guys would just drop in, die in like a minute (on expert no less) and then leave.. I actually posted about it in chat because I thought I was being a bad internet player or something.

but guild/friend runs in this game are unparalleled.
I'm not sure how feasible it is to split up on higher difficulties, but a four person game doing that strategy on normal/hard is still hilariously easy. Everything just melts.

this is normal/hard in a nutshell. those modes are basically "I am going to play some Diablo while doing my homework" modes.

Kssio_Aug

Adventure mode with a group of 4 people on normal each doing a bounty is a great way to get legs but terrible for XP. Our group got around 6 or so legs in 30 minutes yesterday.

It feels like a legit way to play, and at the same time very cooperative and fun, and also, very recompensative. I loved that.
And about the exp, I felt it was good (at least at hard difficulty). I leveled 87 to 89 at one run. Yesterday I did a bunch of nephalem rifts and I am not sure if it was faster for exp.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Paragon XP in general is pretty shit. I figured that paragon levels would be flying in with level 70 bounty mode, but it's like slower than it was at 60 even before the 50$ xp boost. Sadface.

glaurung

Paragon XP in general is pretty shit. I figured that paragon levels would be flying in with level 70 bounty mode, but it's like slower than it was at 60 even before the 50$ xp boost. Sadface.
If you paid 50$ for the XP boost, you got scammed lol.

With proper pace and some better extra experience gear paragon is easy to grind up until lv100.

Beyond that... it's a massive bore.

Giggzy

It feels like a legit way to play, and at the same time very cooperative and fun, and also, very recompensative. I loved that.

Yep. I do enjoy when everyone is doing bounties together, but right now this is the most efficient way to get legendaries quickly. It's how I nearly doubled my dps in just a few hours (250k --> 450k). Once I get geared enough to start doing torment 1 at a good pace is when I'll stop and start grouping again on bounties.

Robin64

I appreciate that splitting up to do bounties is more efficient, that the chance of legendaries if higher and that the challenge exists thanks to MP scaling. However, I just don't feel like it's in the spirit of the game at all.

scy

Instead of steed, look into judgment ... Specifically the rune where it gives 80% increased crit chance against those judged (with a CD reduction... That can make you a god)

With enough base CC, you're probably better off using the Shield Glare | Zealous Glare for the 4s CC + massive Wrath generation. With enough CDR%, you can almost Blind lock enemies.

I went hard. Got my Witch Doctor to level 70 then did some bounties/rifts now he's sitting at 520k dps.

Kadala is my mvp. Every one of my characters has gotten baller jewellery from her within maybe 10 attempts. She's pretty good with gloves too. Pretty much everything save amulets since they're kind of expensive. I don't see why you should craft anything while she's in the game. Cheaper and no materials required aside from shards but you can get 100 in like an hour tops.

Kyonashi

Dropped this on my Lvl70 Wiz, couldn't wait to hit 35 on my Crusader and today it happened. I am FUCKING SHIT UP. My DPS went from 800 to 18k with one equip.

I can now one-shot treasure goblins on Torment III
Shame everyone can do the same back to me.

6ONcBnu.png

RDreamer

Game feels so empty. It was just released and it feels like no ones playing. Public games are almost never full. What gives?

Also how do I get into the GAF clan?

Vee_One

Dropped this on my Lvl70 Wiz, couldn't wait to hit 35 on my Crusader and today it happened. I am FUCKING SHIT UP. My DPS went from 800 to 18k with one equip.

6ONcBnu.png

that is amazing

6ONcBnu.png

183.gif

That is unreal! "Reduced level requirement by 30..." what!

Bullza2o

I bought this game on Amazon after getting hyped by my friends two days ago. Am I supposed to be thankful my copy was handled by FedEx instead? It's out for delivery right now!

Dawg

Nope, you can join anytime.

Does act V need to be completed at least once?

You do not need to be max level to do the bounties. However, lower level will probably have trouble soloing the bounties, since we were doing each one an act, at the same time.

I can help to powerlevel you however if you want. I am at there now and I can help for the next 20~30 minutes.

Add me: KssioAugh#1269

I'll add you in a bit, not online atm. Just saw you're only available for the next 30 minutes... and you said that... 30 minutes ago :p

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Players are selling instant bounty bags on D2JSP. The seller preps the game with all 5 act completions ready to go, then the buyers join and finish the quests and get their 5 T6-level bags.

The battle.net thread was deleted, so it looks like Blizzard's aware of it. The reddit thread went horribly, lol. It all depends on which crowd sees it first I guess.

mackattk

6ONcBnu.png

jesus christ... 2k dps at level 35?

Levito

Banned
So I heard that the Act V boss is guaranteed to drop a legendary when you kill him. Wondering though, if I kill him before I hit level 70, will he not drop a level 70 item?

Maximus.

Got my crusader to level 62 and I am absolutely enjoying him right now. He's replaced my barb for sure as my main class.

Dawg

So I heard that the Act V boss is guaranteed to drop a legendary when you kill him. Wondering though, if I kill him before I hit level 70, will he not drop a level 70 item?

A bunch of guys I know were waiting till lvl 70 to kill him so I assume he won't drop a 70 legendary if you're not 70?

wsippel

Banned
Anyone been able to replace their amulet yet? I have a level 60 trifecta ammy with pretty much max stats.. I don't see it going away unless I get the level 70 ammy plans. No legs seem to be good enough, maybe the halcyon because of the elite dmg.
My wizard is still rocking a level 21 amulet at level 70, +25% to arcane damage and +6% crit chance isn't easy to replace.

ManCannon

What's the worst possible dungeon set you've landed on to fight a rift boss?

Fighting a T1 rift boss on the narrow walkways of the final stage of Act V with the stunning shield doors at every intersection = TERRIBLE ><

Insult to injury = garbage drops at the end of it all.

Insaniac

Legendaries scale to your level, so if you aren't level 70, the item won't be ilvl 70.

bcl0328

Game feels so empty. It was just released and it feels like no ones playing. Public games are almost never full. What gives?

Also how do I get into the GAF clan?

i haven't joined a single public game since it launched, nor have i joined any general chats. just enjoying the game on my own right now.

A bunch of guys I know were waiting till lvl 70 to kill him so I assume he won't drop a 70 legendary if you're not 70?

i believe this is the case. there are loot thresholds i remember reading. items that drop can be level 60, 67, 69, or 70.

Boogdud

I got that one last night too, from what I read it seems in the beta the proc worked off of breaking objects, turning over bodies/rocks, etc. and not just off of chests. Not sure if that was a bug, but I think I'll probably try it out sometime to see if that still happens. My current belt is too good for me to change up on my barb (+33% MS buff for entire party for 10s after using war cry and + 14% bash damage,) but if the belt still works off of everything then it might see some use on another character.

Yeah to top it off, the damn thing had literally 1/3 the armor of the level 66 belt I had on and no healing at all. It magically turned into mats so I can't test the effect...

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So plot-wise for Act V - Did anyone else think the "twists" were completely predictable?

I figured out the whole "Malth is going to use the black soulstone to suck up humans" but pretty much the moment they explained he was still going on about the eternal conflict. 4 hours later what do you know, I was right. And who didn't see the prime evils being freed coming? Seriously that plot point was more or less a given. Though I am excited to be able to do battle against the other prime evils again. Give me Mephisto and Baal fights in the next expansion please.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If you paid 50$ for the XP boost, you got scammed lol.

With proper pace and some better extra experience gear paragon is easy to grind up until lv100.

Beyond that... it's a massive bore.

I meant 50% xp boost

Kade

Some of the oranges I've found are insane. Found a hammer on my Crusader that stubs with almost every hit and when paired with Shield Glare and the Templar's charge stun, enemies can't do shit. I killed some bosses and elites while standing in one spot.

j-wood

So plot-wise for Act V - Did anyone else think the "twists" were completely predictable?

I figured out the whole "Malth is going to use the black soulstone to suck up humans" but pretty much the moment they explained he was still going on about the eternal conflict. 4 hours later what do you know, I was right. And who didn't see the prime evils being freed coming? Seriously that plot point was more or less a given. Though I am excited to be able to do battle against the other prime evils again. Give me Mephisto and Baal fights in the next expansion please.

Oh man i just realized not only was diablo freed, but Mephisto, Baal, and all the others too. Yessssss! But I wonder, will they go the route that "diablo absorbed" the others, so it really is only Diablo free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom