• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the atk speed/crit chance/crit dmg trifecta combo have the potential to be on every item slot? Or are there item slots that are impossible to have that combo (whether it be naturally or via the enchanter)?

Xevren

Does the atk speed/crit chance/crit dmg trifecta combo have the potential to be on every item slot? Or are there item slots that are impossible to have that combo (whether it be naturally or via the enchanter)?

Only places that can roll all of them are gloves/rings/ammy. Other slots can roll specific ones though, you can tell by visiting the mystic since i'm being lazy and dont want to list what each can possibly roll.

Ingeniero

I will start playing RoS today (yeah LTTP).
I don't know if I should level my main char (barb) to 70 or start with the Crusader...

bodine1231

I'm so unlucky when it comes to orange drops. Played through act 3 and 4 on expert and only got one alright mace and that was from a random mob. I accidentally reset all the quests so I'm having to replay the original game before starting the new act which sucks.

DryvBy

A while back, I was thinking of Diablo 4 coming out and how Activision could throw ads in our game. Here's a mock up.

75qrg.jpg

And I'm absolutely in love with Adventure Mode. Definitely double dipping with console friends now.

Game feels so empty. It was just released and it feels like no ones playing. Public games are almost never full. What gives?

Also how do I get into the GAF clan?

GAF and GAFO are both full I believe. I'm not sure if the third clan ever got started. Invite me though and I can slot you in if someone drops.

Fenderputty#1180

Players are selling instant bounty bags on D2JSP. The seller preps the game with all 5 act completions ready to go, then the buyers join and finish the quests and get their 5 T6-level bags.

The battle.net thread was deleted, so it looks like Blizzard's aware of it. The reddit thread went horribly, lol. It all depends on which crowd sees it first I guess.

Well that didn't take long.

Only places that can roll all of them are gloves/rings/ammy. Other slots can roll specific ones though, you can tell by visiting the mystic since i'm being lazy and dont want to list what each can possibly roll.

Thank you that's very helpful because my gloves, amulet, rings currently do not have this combo. Put's my mind at ease knowing that I have some big dps boosts coming up in the future now that I know what to aim for.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1) What stats should I primarily look for in each location (IE: +dmg on weapon, +Vitality on chest, + resist on gloves)

2) What runes are you using now and at lower levels?

3) I raised the difficulty on Crusader from Hard to Master once I hit level 15 and got destroyed. I lowered it back down to Hard and it's better, but I just feel under powered right now. Really don't want to drop down to Normal.

4) I don't want to do it, but I could take my lev 68 WD and level his paragon level I suppose (he's only level 3--please don't laugh!)

Thanks in advanced guys!
Don't have time to explain fully before work but...

Around your level I had this:

i8Qnvme0WItvX.png

Now at 30-some I have this:

ibyJf4ZWd2fm8a.png

I only worry about having strength. Strength everything, hopefully at least +10% movement speed on at least one item, then any crit or attack speed bonuses are nice if found. Use all your abilities to keep them blind/charmed/standing on fire/in hammers and use your primary immediately after setting them going to keep being able to refresh it. Have a button layout that makes it easy to pop cooldowns at you are in the middle of combat. Have both the button to stand still and the button to force movement at the ready and get used to using them with tactics, of course that doesn't matter for things like beating the Butcher like I said.

Also, if you have shitty items, craft better ones. If you have a level 68 character elsewhere you should be able to. Although, that boost didn't help my other characters to be as strong as my Crusader. He's just ridiculously tough. I switched to hard at level 5. I was level 28 fighting the Butcher, so you have been through the game before, where are you at in comparison to that pace? Okay gotta go, laters.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
How full is the NA GAF clans? And what's Ashodin's Battletag if I want to friend him to get an invite?

EDIT: I'm dumb, I found the relevant section in the OP. Dunno how I missed it.

Dedication.

A friend just completed a bunch of bounties and said that I could join his game to complete the quest for a free cache. But I'm at work. So I used my phone to remote into my PC to open Diablo 3. Could only click, but it worked :)

This is also how I used to use the auction house when I was at work.

A while back, I was thinking of Diablo 4 coming out and how Activision could throw ads in our game. Here's a mock up.

75qrg.jpg

The left side is surprisingly accurate for me in real life.

Kssio_Aug

With Magic Weapon skill, my Wiz is now at 470k DPS. Little by little I am doing it!! O/
I may try to level up my crusader this weekend.

Welp I was able to hold out till today, going to pick it up after work. Really sucks
not really of course
that I have family in town this weekend so I won't have much time to play. Going to start a new with a Crusader.

j-wood

Is everyone that is finding awesome gear using magic find? When I play solo I'm sitting at a lovely 0% magic find, and I've found absolute garbage.

What Blizz needs to do regarding different-difficulty-item-farming (lol) is ensure that each difficulty from normal to t1 takes roughly the SAME amount of time between legs. Then, a minor reduction in time as you bump up through t1-6, with the main draw not being pure efficiency but also new items. Legs/enemy will increase at the same rate time/enemy does, getting rid of the benefit of playing on normal when overgeared without making it so that elite players break the game.

Just my $0.02.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I just realized something that might be too good to be true so I need some one to shut me down.

When I leveled my crusader I did the whole thing in adventure mode, so I've never killed any actual bosses in the adventure mode.

However since your first kill is supposed to guarantee a legendary, does that mean that if I run through the whole game right now on my crusader I could get a guaranteed lego off the final boss in each act?

Because if I remember right the bosses are a guaranteed lego under 3 rules

1) first kill ever
2) additional kills under 60
3) only malthael at 61+ and only diablo at 60.

Instro

Is everyone that is finding awesome gear using magic find? When I play solo I'm sitting at a lovely 0% magic find, and I've found absolute garbage.

Magic find is not used anymore and not found on gear. So no, you've just been having some bad luck.

Artanisix

So I just realized something that might be too good to be true so I need some one to shut me down.

When I leveled my crusader I did the whole thing in adventure mode, so I've never killed any actual bosses in the adventure mode.

However since your first kill is supposed to guarantee a legendary, does that mean that if I run through the whole game right now on my crusader I could get a guaranteed lego off the final boss in each act?

Because if I remember right the bosses are a guaranteed lego under 3 rules

1) first kill ever
2) additional kills under 60
3) only malthael at 61+ and only diablo at 60.

Nope. Only malthael will drop a legendary for you.

Kssio_Aug

Whatever MF I get for being on T1 is all I got ...

You can soc a topaz in a helm for some.

It is what I did las night. However, if it becomes any better, I barely noticed.

Its all about your luck really. Yesterday night my friend that was playing with me and 2 others may have dropped like 5-7 legs. Me and other one, werent having any luck at all, almost no legs. Today however I dropped a nice off-hand, in a lesser time.

With Magic Weapon skill, my Wiz is now at 470k DPS. Little by little I am doing it!! O/
I may try to level up my crusader this weekend.
Don't ignore yellow sources. They can be epic, especially if there's only one stat that needs to be re-rolled.

Don't ignore yellow wands. Same reason applies.

In fact, don't ignore anything yellow. Give things a close inspection. Especially items with elemental affixes. All of my wiz gear (more or less) is yellow and I'm around 800k dps now, I think.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Adventure mode seems rad. Started a crusader and was immediately doing bounties in act 3 with a level 1 character. Very cool.

What Blizz needs to do regarding different-difficulty-item-farming (lol) is ensure that each difficulty from normal to t1 takes roughly the SAME amount of time between legs. Then, a minor reduction in time as you bump up through t1-6, with the main draw not being pure efficiency but also new items. Legs/enemy will increase at the same rate time/enemy does, getting rid of the benefit of playing on normal when overgeared without making it so that elite players break the game.

Just my $0.02.

That's what I think as well. Or something along those lines. Make torment specific legendary items that only drop as you increase from. T1-6. Playing at T6 is the only way to get every item. Have them become more stupidly OP as the torment level increase.

Currently there's no incentive to play above T1 at all. I get bored mowing through stuff with little pushback though.

Arkanius

Guys, I'm very new to the game.
What should I do with the gems I pick up? Right now I'm storing them, I'm level 45 and I don't want to socket them because it's probably a waste

Tiu Neo

Guys, I'm very new to the game.
What should I do with the gems I pick up? Right now I'm storing them, I'm level 45 and I don't want to socket them because it's probably a waste

Socket them. You can get them back when you destroy the item, or you can pay for the Jeweler to remove the gem from the equipment.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Magic find is not used anymore and not found on gear. So no, you've just been having some bad luck.

This isn't at all true. Yellow gems socket in helms for magic find, and I've got a legendary ring that dropped at 70 in ROS with magic find on it.

Kssio_Aug

Don't ignore yellow sources. They can be epic, especially if there's only one stat that needs to be re-rolled.

Don't ignore yellow wands. Same reason applies.

In fact, don't ignore anything yellow. Give things a close inspection. Especially items with elemental affixes. All of my wiz gear (more or less) is yellow and I'm around 800k dps now, I think.

Yeah, I'm not ignoring them. And indeed theyre helping me a lot!! Everytime I will salvage my items I give the yellows a quick look to see if I found somethig good, and I use to find quite often. :)

Indeed thats really a nice hint. I just said my friend yesterday dropped 5-7 legs, and I dont. However I am not really sure if I can say he was lucky; after all he did not equiped any of them! I dont know however if he was really unlucky at the rolls, or if he is not really recognising a good roll, and basing himself 100% at the percentage comparison and focusing only on higher dps sheet.

Back before I quit, I had an item set that I could switch to that gave me over 200% magic find (still found a lot of garbage).

Now it's difficult to get more than 50%. I'd rather not use it at all at that point.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think both the primary and overflow clans are full, but I thought I read that a third one opened up. Not sure who the POC for that is.

Yep, the GAF overflow overflow clan has room.

Join the community chat and ask in there for an invite. I think Sciz is in charge of that one.

Just opened 35 fucking bounty bags and got ONE legendary. And those are the worst "Boots of Disregard" I'll probably ever see. smh... my luck with items is just beyond terrible.

Just opened 35 fucking bounty bags and got ONE legendary. And those are the worst "Boots of Disregard" I'll probably ever see. smh... my luck with items is just beyond terrible.

Friend of mine really ticked me off. He just opened his first bounty bag yesterday and got the avarice band (you can see it here).

My luck is just shit in this game. Except for 1 weapon, every single level 70 legendary I've found has become a forgotten soul. And I'm only going to use that weapon if I get a socket on it, which I've wasted every forgotten soul on so far trying to get. Still no socket :(

ManCannon

I actually had a new lvl 70 Nagel Ring drop last night with 31% MF on it - first MF drop I've seen since loot 2.0 patch.

In my own unscientific experience I've been wearing a lot of MF (gemmed helm, some legacy items) and seem to have a much higher Leg drop than many posting here though no way to know if it's just random luck or a result of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom