• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

Don't ignore yellow sources. They can be epic, especially if there's only one stat that needs to be re-rolled.

Don't ignore yellow wands. Same reason applies.

In fact, don't ignore anything yellow. Give things a close inspection. Especially items with elemental affixes. All of my wiz gear (more or less) is yellow and I'm around 800k dps now, I think.

Yup. I always spend a few minutes closely inspecting the yellows I find. I often find unexpected upgrades.

That deaths breath starvation though... :(

Ohnonono

My first bounty run after hitting 70 on my Crusader and Scourge dropped for me. And it has the top end 45% proc rate. Anyone know the actual damage the proc does? It is hard to figure it out while your out fighting but it seems to be blowing stuff up pretty good.

Seil

I actually had a new lvl 70 Nagel Ring drop last night with 31% MF on it - first MF drop I've seen since loot 2.0 patch.

In my own unscientific experience I've been wearing a lot of MF (gemmed helm, some legacy items) and seem to have a much higher Leg drop than many posting here though no way to know if it's just random luck or a result of that.

Nagelrings are guaranteed a MF roll. MF isn't a standard stat roll anymore, though, and won't be found on anything but specific items that always have it.

The actual effect of MF is also meh now as legendary items are only affected by 10% of your MF. So, if you have 100% MF, you're only getting a 10% boost to legendary rates. Arguably, every point counts, but it's far less significant than it once was.

Nete

My first bounty run after hitting 70 on my Crusader and Scourge dropped for me. And it has the top end 45% proc rate. Anyone know the actual damage the proc does? It is hard to figure it out while your out fighting but it seems to be blowing stuff up pretty good.

Around 300% of Poison damage.

Giggzy

4.5 more hours at work to go! Then a diablo marathon until 2 am :p

I haven't touched infamous since buying it a day before RoS. And FIFA 14, the one game I play on pretty much a daily basis has been ignored as well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a specific elite or boss that drops the legendary boots that allows you to use like 3 Leaps with your Barbarian before the cooldown starts? I loved it when i had that at lvl 35.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I rushed through 1-4 and Diablo dropped 2 and I think Butcher dropped one as well. Over all I found maybe 6 or 7 legendary on the way to Act V with my Crusader.

Well I'll let you know what happens when I get home from work and rush through it.

I know what you mean, but once I upgraded my artisans they started dropping like mad. In the last rift alone I got like five.

Yeah I noticed this as well, I never got any when only my enchantress was maxed out, but the second my JC and BS hit 12 they felt like a guaranteed drop off elite packs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just opened 35 fucking bounty bags and got ONE legendary. And those are the worst "Boots of Disregard" I'll probably ever see. smh... my luck with items is just beyond terrible.

When I was able to fill my entire inventory with horadric caches, I popped them all and got 3 legs

That day was an anomaly... I had about 20 drop or so... Which is more than I had the entire first year of D3

Would the legendary baked in drop rate take place with bounty backs or those cache things you are talking about? Would it be better to open them up at different times to get the benefit of the guaranteed drop or does opening them all up at the same time not matter?

Finally decided to use the enchanter last night. Went from 400k DPS to about 700K and 18% frost + 22% arcane orb damage. Dropped down from 11m toughness to 7m so I feel so squishy, but I kill so fast. Love the enchanter addition since it allows me to look at every piece of loot with more potential.

Giggzy

I found a Soulsmasher for my crusader last night. It's secondary does this:

When you kill an enemy, it explodes for 450–600% of your Life per Kill as damage to all enemies within 20 yards. You no longer benefit from your Life per Kill.

Well, I have a good amount of Life per kill (the weapon alone gave me 11k of it) and the effect happens with each individual mob... I just left click the white mob at the front of the pack and they all just fall like dominos. Soooo awesome.

JCizzle

Keep in mind - whatever magic find you do get is very reduced for legendaries. Only like 10% or something like that is actually applied to legendaries, which makes it pretty useless.

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone have a clue what that little orange icon is next to an item's attributes? I've tried searching the manual or internet but no one seems to know.

Shouta

Keep in mind - whatever magic find you do get is very reduced for legendaries. Only like 10% or something like that is actually applied to legendaries, which makes it pretty useless.

Still better than nothing. I chucked a Topaz in my head slot because I don't need the extra gem power there at the moment, lol.

garath

Does anyone have a clue what that little orange icon is next to an item's attributes? I've tried searching the manual or internet but no one seems to know.

The orange diamond means the stat in that line is not calculated on the sheet (dps/toughness/etc)

edit: beaten with more correct info??

Kssio_Aug

4.5 more hours at work to go! Then a diablo marathon until 2 am :p

I haven't touched infamous since buying it a day before RoS. And FIFA 14, the one game I play on pretty much a daily basis has been ignored as well.

InFamous is AWESOME! However I cant finish it either, because RoS dont let me! LOL

ManCannon

The actual effect of MF is also meh now as legendary items are only affected by 10% of your MF. So, if you have 100% MF, you're only getting a 10% boost to legendary rates. Arguably, every point counts, but it's far less significant than it once was.

Awesome to know, I had no idea, thanks for the insights.

Wizard's set bonuses look so underwhelming. Firebird's Finery's 4pc bonus is only good if you're playing HC, the 6pc does nothing unless you're playing a Fire build. Vyr's 4pc is a bit better, but I really dislike playing with Archon. (or any other long cooldown skills for that matter)

This only leaves Tal Rasha's, which is probably still the best set out of the three that are available, but I haven't found any level 70 drops of it.

Sciz

For the record, GAFMAX isn't quite half full yet. I don't promise to read every single page of the OT, so if you want to make sure you're noticed, post in the clan thread, PM me, or catch me in-game.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got like 8 legendaries today in about 4 hours of play. 3 of those were within my first 30 minutes. Yesterday I played more and got maybe 4 legs. RNG gonna RNG.

scy

The new maximus is pretty ridiculous guys, and im not talking about its stats, its doing insane dmg!

My Crusader used one for a long time despite the fact the one I had was Level 69. ~3-4M crits with the Fire Chains on it was stupid.

Hell, it's still probably a better weapon than what I'm currently using.

Moff

just did 2 complete bounty games on normal and didnt get a single legendary except 1 crafting material :/

Act I is taking me stupidly long with my Crusader. I must have terribly shit gear. Currently level 20. Going to have to finish it tomorrow, too damn tired.

just did 2 complete bounty games on normal and didnt get a single legendary except 1 crafting material :/

2 complete games/runs as in you had 10 Caches (5 from each complete game) and got nothing?

Pruddy rare.

If you're saying you opened 2 caches and got nothing...well that's pruddy normal.

Get all 5 by completing each location, then open. Chances are you would have gotten at least one going to and completing the bounties, then another one or two from the Caches.

Coolest is opening 15-20 at the same time. It's like Christmas.

Giggzy

Now I'm sure the answer to this question is Yes, but opening caches in public games still only shows your loot on your screen, right? I've been too paranoid to try so I always make a private game to open them ;P

Kssio_Aug

You guys should just calm down. I mean, I am not that luck with legs either, but I had some horrible moments and some great ones. Just wait RNG to come to your side. lol But its really like that; sometimes you will feel very unlucky, sometimes the contrary, just enjoy the runs, and as already said here: do not ignore the yellows.

Act I is taking me stupidly long with my Crusader. I must have terribly shit gear. Currently level 20. Going to have to finish it tomorrow, too damn tired.

1st time playing? It can take quite long soloing... for better results find someone to join you, or get to a public game. Low level chars are kind of boring to play alone by the lack of skills.

Instro

This isn't at all true. Yellow gems socket in helms for magic find, and I've got a legendary ring that dropped at 70 in ROS with magic find on it.

I knew about topazs but I was under the impression that MF did not drop on anything anymore, it may just be that specific leg you have. According to blizzard they are trying to phase it out of the game much like life steal, hence loot 2.0.

Read this post for specifics: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11884258481#3

Essentially it barely does anything for you with regards to sets and legs since you only get 10% of the amount you have towards those items.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
For the record, GAFMAX isn't quite half full yet. I don't promise to read every single page of the OT, so if you want to make sure you're noticed, post in the clan thread, PM me, or catch me in-game.

And GAFMAX is the clan I am in, so it is objectively the best GAF clan.
(I'm Traum in clan/bnet chat, btw)

Moff

2 complete games/runs as in you had 10 Caches (5 from each complete game) and got nothing?

Pruddy rare.

If you're saying you opened 2 caches and got nothing...well that's pruddy normal.

Get all 5 by completing each location, then open. Chances are you would have gotten at least one going to and completing the bounties, then another one or two from the Caches.

Coolest is opening 15-20 at the same time. It's like Christmas.
10 caches and a few nephalem rifts
but yes, bad luck I guess :/

10 caches and a few nephalem rifts
but yes, bad luck I guess :/

gaaaad dayum. worst luck. of the GAF crews I was running with yesterday, only once did a guy not get a drop while farming during a run or from a Cache. There's almost always at least one leg and usually more. To have done it twice and come out empty handed is pretty baffling to me.

we also did a number of rifts on T1 and those were almost equally fruitful IMO, but it's just much harder work.

Sothpaw

Yeah, farming Cache's on normal is the best way to go in terms of finding items. Especially once you hit 70.

That's just shitty. Blizz just has so much trouble balancing risk/reward. I have only 300k dps and 3m toughness and I still like to play T1 since it's not faceroll for me yet. Grinding normal would be boring as fuck.

My Crusader used one for a long time despite the fact the one I had was Level 69. ~3-4M crits with the Fire Chains on it was stupid.

Hell, it's still probably a better weapon than what I'm currently using.

Yeah 4 mil crits for me every second, and I don't have much fire bonus right now.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Diablo Science Time:

Make a level 1 demon hunter or monk. Dump a bunch of paragon points into Dex (or use a hellfire ring with dex). Get over 100% dodge chance (vs enemies of the same level).

Going to try it out later and see if we can build a list of the effects that can and can't be dodged.

Kssio_Aug

gaaaad dayum. worst luck. of the GAF crews I was running with yesterday, only once did a guy not get a drop while farming during a run or from a Cache. There's almost always at least one leg and usually more. To have done it twice and come out empty handed is pretty baffling to me.

I did a full run, the guy with me got 2 legs (one of them was that godly clave with the 1200% poison nova proc), from 5 chests. And I, just rares and gems.lol

Ohnonono

That's just shitty. Blizz just has so much trouble balancing risk/reward. I have only 300k dps and 3m toughness and I still like to play T1 since it's not faceroll for me yet. Grinding normal would be boring as fuck.

The best thing is that because the game is not monetized at all anymore you can play however you want and it totally does not matter! Joy for everyone!

Savitar

Rerolled that INT stat, first time:

yJnpjQG.png

EDIT: before:
0mFskkQ.png

after:
kfdjjKr.png

Gadamn.

It's beautiful.

Sothpaw

The best thing is that because the game is not monetized at all anymore you can play however you want and it totally does not matter! Joy for everyone!

Not a good excuse for poorly implemented risk/reward in a game that is all about farming efficiency.

And how is this any different from when the game was monetized? The GAH was a perfectly viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom