• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bzzt wrong. The Nephalem Glory movement speed doesn't work with heavenly strength. You are capped at 10 no matter what. Check your movement speed in the window. Without, it's at 35. With, 10.

Mine seems bugged as my walking speed isn't impacted by the cap

But then again the passive for 30% block chance increase when 4 enemies are close by doesn't work either

Just beat Act V with my Crusader :D
he is totaly going to be Corrupted by the end of the next addon maybe he already is diablo by now and becomes a new dark wanderer

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/marauders-carapace

Holy crap at that 6 piece set bonus for DH. =O

The other unique set bonuses are really good too. Wiz gets Essence Burn on their Firebird set, for example.

I think I'm going to switch over to WD for a while. They received a nice variety of unique legendaries that look pretty fun.

Also, the effect on this worked with the passive that makes locust swarm and haunt last "almost forever" (~5 minutes): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jade-harvesters-peace - nice long-term goal to aim for.

mackattk

So I got the Pender's Purchase recipe last night, and like most people I have a few adventure journals taking up space. I havent' crafted any yet because I need RNG to give me the white glove base item, but the question is should I? There's nothing special about them. I guess it's just worth it for guaranteed high stats?

I got this recipe as well, but am unable to train it. I go to the blacksmith and right click on the recipe and nothing happens.

Monk question, guys:

I have a fist that says it gives 20 "life" per spirit spent. The word "life" is kinda confusing me, though. Is "life" just HP, such that I'm getting 20 HP per spirit spent? Or is it something calculated differently? I was thinking of rolling a socket into that stat via Mystic, but am unsure how valuable it is/isn't.

Raticus79

Monk question, guys:

I have a fist that says it gives 20 "life" per spirit spent. The word "life" is kinda confusing me, though. Is "life" just HP, such that I'm getting 20 HP per spirit spent? Or is it something calculated differently? I was thinking of rolling a socket into that stat via Mystic, but am unsure how valuable it is/isn't.

Health = Life = HP. No shenanigans there. It's the numbers on the red orb. Spend 50 spirit, get healed for 1000.

The "healing" metric is another beast entirely though. I think it over-values life per spirit spent, personally.

eek5

Monk question, guys:

Yeah it's HP. It can be good if you can stack a lot of it. I used to run a poverty LpSS build back when I couldn't afford LS and it was manageable. With epiphany you could potentially heal real fast since you can dump spirit really quickly. What I am not sure of is whether or not this scales with Level 70 at all because back then about 60 LpSS was pretty decent but that was with like a 30-40k hp pool. Now w have like 500k HP so 60 so if you were using exalted soul and spirit dumped 250 spirit you'd only get 15k off of 60 which doesn't even make sense. 3% heal? Useless.

Health = Life = HP. No shenanigans there. It's the numbers on the red orb. Spend 50 spirit, get healed for 1000.

The "healing" metric is another beast entirely though. I think it over-values life per spirit spent, personally.
Yeah it's HP. It can be good if you can stack a lot of it. I used to run a poverty LpSS build back when I couldn't afford LS and it was manageable. With epiphany you could potentially heal real fast since you can dump spirit really quickly. What I am not sure of is whether or not this scales with Level 70 at all because back then about 60 LpSS was pretty decent but that was with like a 30-40k hp pool. Now w have like 500k HP so 60 so if you were using exalted soul and spirit dumped 250 spirit you'd only get 15k off of 60 which doesn't even make sense. 3% heal? Useless.

got it. I think I'll re-roll that. Maybe if I had it on a bunch of items, but I only have it on the one. ty, gentlemen.

Instro

I think I'm going to switch over to WD for a while. They received a nice variety of unique legendaries that look pretty fun.

Also, the effect on this worked with the passive that makes locust swarm and haunt last "almost forever" (~5 minutes): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jade-harvesters-peace - nice long-term goal to aim for.

I've been curious about that combo myself. If the skill does all remaining damage, does it calculate from the original damage of those skills like haunt, or does it account for the potential damage over five minutes. The latter would be absurdly broken.

vocab

It's a shame this game still has random performance issues for me and forcing me to play on a west coast server so I can still enjoy rubber banding is the best.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been curious about that combo myself. If the skill does all remaining damage, does it calculate from the original damage of those skills like haunt, or does it account for the potential damage over five minutes. The latter would be absurdly broken.

I've heard it's pretty bananas, seen people in general chat talking about how hard their haunts are ticking with that combo.

Kyonashi

Is there a method to finding crafting plans for the higher tier gems? (Marquis and up)

I got the Cain's Destiny set item recipe and wanted to craft it for dem XP gains, but it feels like I won't be able to use it for AGES because I have to get the Imperial / Flawless Imperial / Royal / Flawless Royal recipes for both Ruby and Diamond. That's EIGHT rare random drops!

eek5

Wait haunt + locust swarm + pirahna into soul harvest to one shot everything and reset CD on all because of grave injustice? Uhhhhh lol

Sothpaw

I hear you bro. I was one of the few GAFers who went through the entirity of Act 5 while leveling from 60-70 with nothing but my original level 60 items. DH, roughly 330k dps, Kridershot with maybe about 40% buffs to it via elemental and skill-specific affixes.

It took me maybe 10 minutes and at least 15 tries to beat Urziel (sp?) at maybe level 66 at the time. My 1.5m crits were barely chipping him.

By the time I hit 70, everything was chipping and my 1.5m toughness meant surviving was hard. I made that hit happen, though. I had to tick the difficulty down for Mal to Master after a few runs made it clear it would be simply unrealistic amounts of time to drop him, but I was T1 all the way up to him. With 60 gear. 300k base dmg and just 1.5m toughness.

What were most people doing? I started ROS with 135k dps and played on T1 until level 63 or 64 when it got a bit too hard for my taste. Had to turn it down to expert to kill Malthael.

I guess not killing an elite pack within 10 seconds is considered slow.

Insaniac

Is there a method to finding crafting plans for the higher tier gems? (Marquis and up)

I got the Cain's Destiny set item recipe and wanted to craft it for dem XP gains, but it feels like I won't be able to use it for AGES because I have to get the Imperial / Flawless Imperial / Royal / Flawless Royal recipes for both Ruby and Diamond. That's EIGHT rare random drops!

its actually not that bad I have been getting tons of gem recipies, especially since duplicates don't drop now

mackattk

You sure it's not the Adventurer's Journal? That's a Legendary material required by the recipe.

Ill take another look when I get home, it dropped for my crusader at around level 15 in campaign mode. Maybe I misread it. I looked and I guess it is a material.

Shouta

LpSS can roll high now though and the Transcendence skill's effectiveness goes up with the amount of globe healing you have too, which helps it a bit more now. The bubble of Mantra of Healing also goes up with globe healing making it a really effective healing tool. heal + bubble ftw

Sciz

Are flawless royal gem plans pretty rare or no? I've found them all within two days of playing, so I assume not.

Gem pattern drop rates aren't bad, no. I'm only missing one now, and the guys I've been playing with are finding them left and right as well.

JoKpQpd.png
Can't decide whether it would be worth rerolling sockets into any combination of the one hander or just stick with my 2 hander until I get better 1 handers. Arreat's law is kinda poop and that gem in it was only a placeholder.

Also got a 2100 dps doombringer (another 1 hander) that has 16% life and 2800 LoH that I could reroll for a socket but it also rolled -27 level requirements so I just want to leave it as a power leveling weapon.

eek5

LpSS can roll high now though and the Transcendence skill's effectiveness goes up with the amount of globe healing you have too, which helps it a bit more now. The bubble of Mantra of Healing also goes up with globe healing making it a really effective healing tool. heal + bubble ftw

Interesting. It looks like it is 0.4% of health globes. I think you can roll 5k on rares but I've seen some legs roll like 20k. With 40k globes would put you at +160 LpSS for a total of 210 off passive. Which is 52.5k hp for a full exalted dump. It seems like MoH w/ 40k health globes would give you a much more significant payoff.

wsippel

Banned
Are flawless royal gem plans pretty rare or no? I've found them all within two days of playing, so I assume not.
I already have all of them, and I even accidentally sold one two days ago. Found the same design again yesterday, and got the last one a few hours ago. So no, they don't seem to be rare at all.

Raticus79

Not that rare, really. Plan progression is pretty straightforward now that the game doesn't drop plans you've learned, and drops another one instead (as far as I can tell).

So, can you still find good Rares and Legendaries playing on Master, Expert, Hard or Normal? Only some legendaries and set items are Torment only, right?

eek5

Come again?

WD has a passive that essentially extends the DoT and dmg bonuses from haunt, locust swarm, and piranhas to ~5 mins.

They also have a passive that drops CD by 1 sec for every enemy killed within 20yd range (+ health globes pickup range) of you.

That leg linked says that soul harvest will immediately deal all the DoT at once which means it'd be dealing 5 mins worth of pretty decent damage dealing DoT. You could do zombie piranha and locust swarm w/ haunt to get more mana back then soul harvest and dump it all to one shot everything and reset all your cooldowns.

If there are no hidden gotchas it sounds strong as fuck.

J-Rzez

Doing a count of me being the only person in torment and everyone else in the clan doing normal, tallied up results of drops, they are getting roughly 5:1 legendary drops compared to me. Thats not including cache items. Its complete bullshit. I'm not sure how blizz thought this was cool. I have yet to get a set piece drop too.

Time to play the game as it was intended and roll normal.

Not liking rifts either. Do set items drop in them if done on t1 at least?

Doing a count of me being the only person in torment and everyone else in the clan doing normal, tallied up results of drops, they are getting roughly 5:1 legendary drops compared to me. Thats not including cache items. Its complete bullshit. I'm not sure how blizz thought this was cool. I have yet to get a set piece drop too.

Bummer. Although, playing on the lower difficulties is pretty fun, just melting through mobs. But it does seem like the drop rates should go way up in torment 1 and above.

What were most people doing? I started ROS with 135k dps and played on T1 until level 63 or 64 when it got a bit too hard for my taste. Had to turn it down to expert to kill Malthael.
Most started at T1-T3 and dropped it down when it got difficult to survive or when things started taking too long.

I spent 10 hours going to Act 5 on my DH because I simply decided I was going to do the *impossible and roll all 60 gear all the way to 70. I don't begrudge anyone dropping the difficulty sooner.

*very fucking hard to do.
I guess not killing an elite pack within 10 seconds is considered slow.
Ok.

When you can manage to discuss such matters without the condescension and hyperbole, let me know. It's officially old now. I get the impression that at minimum, you're a reasonably intelligent person that can look at and understand the difference between having to kite around and strong mobs for 30-40 seconds (reasonable)...and stupid strong mobs for 70-90 seconds. Especially given the increased damage output they offer depending on ability combinations.

Don't be one of those fun police D3 players that everyone makes fun of in the chat who can't accept people enjoying things they can't, resorting to being intentionally obtuse along the way to feel good. Nobody has time for that. You enjoy killing elite packs in 60-90 seconds, and that's cool. I do as well when I'm in the mood for it. Accept that choice is good and the rest of us often find the sweet spot a bit lower than that. Salt is better on fries, you know? Find ways to maximize your own fun instead of worrying about whether others are having too much fun.

jrcbandit

I find myself never playing on normal because it is too easy, if you sneeze on a mob they die which is not fun. I usually farm on at least expert which is still quite easy but offers at least a little bit of a challenge. Torment, though, just seems incredibly inefficient to farm unless you have godly gear.

Blizzard should at least nerf normal difficulty, it's boring and ridiculous that the best method by far to get loot is to only play on normal. Remove legendary drops on normal difficulty for level 70 characters.

Mirrorball + Fire Arcane Missile does almost as much dmg as my frozen orb, cost 0 arcane power, and pierces all targets! Ridiculously awesome! I can kill t1 elites really fast just spamming it by itself.

Zuly

WDs with fetish army or the passive fetish skill can blast through elite packs and bosses much quicker than chars of similar dps. Particularly if they have mask of jeram. They are extremely strong against single targets or small packs that the fetishes can gang up on. Ive worked through most of act 5, through level 70 too, with much lower DPS than that until just recently. WDs tend to survive very well as well since spirit walk can cool down fairly quickly with the right passives.

I haven't tried Fetish Army (currently use Leeching Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan). Would that be more advised if I don't have that particular item? I rarely die (based Spirit Walk) but I lack the DPS to take down elites fast enough at 350k dps.

I haven't tried Fetish Army (currently use Leeching Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan). Would that be more advised if I don't have that particular item? I rarely die (based Spirit Walk) but I lack the DPS to take down elites fast enough at 350k dps.

Skip fetish army, use fetish psycopants and firebat vampire rune. You will have an army of fetishes (mine hits for over 1.5m with mask of jeram 85% pet dmg) all the time.

DryvBy

I thought for sure it was 10%. Maybe mine fell off as I was looking haha

5JKb1Ae.jpg

Looky what I found at my local GameStop.

Hope you get yours bro, IceMarker!

I wish it had some extra wings. The Zero dog is kind of neat but nothing says "You rock, sir!" like a pair of special wings.

Giggzy

Interesting stat. Wouldn't be surprised to see normal legendary drop rates nerfed a bit and torment maybe buffed. I better get farming while I can just in case!

Uthred

I am enjoying playing it like it is. But I understand and agree with that complains about doing normal or t1 only. It can feel quite useless to try harder difficulties. But its still fun, I believe Blizzard will try something to encourage playing at higher torment levels.

Isnt the challenge meant to be its own reward?

Nete

On Fetishes, I looted this before with my Crusader (lol). I'm currently on my way of leveling to 70 my Witch Doctor (half level to go) and get som fetish fun.

4f3747ccca870c5d7e37be89b761cbde.png

Instro

Skip fetish army, use fetish psycopants and firebat vampire rune. You will have an army of fetishes (mine hits for over 1.5m with mask of jeram 85% pet dmg) all the time.

It depends on your build of course if you are mostly using physical skills then the fetish passive is a no brainer, if you are a spirit barrage WD or tend towards spirit skills then using the active skill makes more sense.

J-Rzez

Interesting stat. Wouldn't be surprised to see normal legendary drop rates nerfed a bit and torment maybe buffed. I better get farming while I can just in case!

I geared solo through t1 basically. Took me so long to gear up. If I was a fresh 70, normal bounties is no doubt the way to go. Blizzard made a really dumb decision here and I can't figure how they thought this was good in a meeting before implemented. Once again though blizzard will react too late and damage will be done. Those who exploit this will have a leg up.

If I didn't need to replace just two more rares, I would now switch to normal, but at this point I hold my own in solo t1 at an OK rate so I might as well soldier on to try for sets. Also, I only got 2 leg weapon drops thus far, compared to rings/neck which are the vast majority of my drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom