• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KePoW

Banned
What would you guys recommend:

I started a new Crusader fresh and beat the entire game on Story mode Normal. Ended up around level 42.

*If I start Adventure mode now, should I stay on Normal?* I do NOT have any twink gear whatsoever, only what I found myself playing through the Story.

Xamdou

This just dropped for this sweet afternoon:

RevanThunderFurylvl70Drop.jpg

Instro

I haven't tried Fetish Army (currently use Leeching Zombie Dogs and Gargatuan). Would that be more advised if I don't have that particular item? I rarely die (based Spirit Walk) but I lack the DPS to take down elites fast enough at 350k dps.

Personally I think fetishes in some form are a must for any WD build at this point, whether it be through the passive or the active skill. It just depends on what the rest of your build is like. They are really good damage dealers and they can block enemies.

Gotchaye

Isnt the challenge meant to be its own reward?

Not really. I mean, basically the whole the point of having loot is to provide a tangible reward for accomplishing things in-game. Many people play in order to get loot in order to do higher difficulties.

You'd sort of expect that higher difficulties would offer better drops/time for characters above a certain threshold. Not only does this incentivize playing on higher difficulties, but characters capable of higher difficulties are going to have a smaller set of possible upgrade pieces, so drop rate probably needs to improve with difficulty in order to keep them rewarded at a reasonable rate. Supposedly the Torment slider actually does work like this for infinitely powerful characters, but the effect seems to be very small and the large majority of players are unlikely to ever be at a point where they can do Torment 1 just as easily as Normal or at a point where they really need to be able to find those class-specific set items in order to make significant progress in their builds.

Experience already works this way, and to be fair it provides some reason to play on higher difficulties. If I want to level up as quickly as possible I need to be playing Torment 2 or 3. Legendary drop rates should probably look more like that, for level 70 characters, although I don't know that such an extreme ramp up is desirable.

On Fetishes, I looted this before with my Crusader (lol). I'm currently on my way of leveling to 70 my Witch Doctor (half level to go) and get som fetish fun.

4f3747ccca870c5d7e37be89b761cbde.png
Gidbinn fetishes only can spawn so many at a time. They do reduced damage and don't benefit from your gear buffs I believe. Gidbinn is kinda meh. Finding gear that adds more actual dmg is key.

Never slot green into a weapon on a zookeeper build as well. Just a note for others. Pets are hard capped at 50% crit hit dmg.

Edit: also +% to phys dmg is huge for fetish and sycophants.

I don't have a mask of Jeram yet but have the increases pet attack speed gloves and mine hit for 1.2-1.8 million each hit.

Gotchaye

Does anyone have much experience with the secondaries on both of these?

lomeiT9.png

Right now I'm using a Wizard with a bunch of cold spells, with Frozen Orb as the primary. Shard of Hate appears to shoot out a piercing projectile on every single cast that does pretty respectable damage. Thunderfury is significantly less likely to proc (maybe one in three or four casts, although more often with Spectral Blades) but doesn't require enemies to be lined up as neatly and does more damage per proc. The two weapons are otherwise very similar as soon as I can roll something decent on the Thunderfury at the Mystic. Thoughts?

ParityBit

Is there a favorite class in the vanilla version? I haven't played in ages (since like week 2 it was out) I have a Demon hunter but no idea if she was nurfed/etc

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
WD has a passive that essentially extends the DoT and dmg bonuses from haunt, locust swarm, and piranhas to ~5 mins.

They also have a passive that drops CD by 1 sec for every enemy killed within 20yd range (+ health globes pickup range) of you.

That leg linked says that soul harvest will immediately deal all the DoT at once which means it'd be dealing 5 mins worth of pretty decent damage dealing DoT. You could do zombie piranha and locust swarm w/ haunt to get more mana back then soul harvest and dump it all to one shot everything and reset all your cooldowns.

If there are no hidden gotchas it sounds strong as fuck.

Yes, that's how it worked in the beta. I was talking with VocaloidNyan about what people were up to in the beta. The strafe snapshot DH was beating everything except the WD DoT set.

lomeiT9.png

Right now I'm using a Wizard with a bunch of cold spells, with Frozen Orb as the primary. Shard of Hate appears to shoot out a piercing projectile on every single cast that does pretty respectable damage. Thunderfury is significantly less likely to proc (maybe one in three or four casts, although more often with Spectral Blades) but doesn't require enemies to be lined up as neatly and does more damage per proc. The two weapons are otherwise very similar as soon as I can roll something decent on the Thunderfury at the Mystic. Thoughts?
Wouldn't a gem and good roll at mystic bring the thunderfury beyond the norm dmg boost anyways? Keep working on that roll! :)

ferr

Did a somewhat sideways replacement for my level 60 witching hour after getting an angel hair braid. Lost 10% dps to gain 48% toughness. About 650k dps 2m tough to 580k dps 2.9m tough.. I guess it's worth it.

Takuan

Only Thunderfury, and it proc'd quite often. Unfortunately, I picked it up at level 40 and it's been replaced with a Messerschmidt's Reaver.

What's the secondary on The Butcher's Cleaver? Does the sword "talk", or does he manifest randomly?

Hopefully the next community leg is DH friendly, because that shard of hate is no fair.
Wait, what are these community legendary items?

Atlantis

Glad to see some other people started fresh for the expansion. Currently taking my WD through Campaign. I've been playing Expert the entire way and I'm almost level 50 near the end of Act III, it's great.

Thanks to Fetish Sychophants and rotating Circle of Life I've always got an army around me. I've been using it since the passive unlocked at 30, and honestly it's getting a bit dull, but it's just so strong.

scy

9M? How?

I thought for sure it was 10%. Maybe mine fell off as I was looking haha

Honestly, the permanent Glory stacks is one of the best reasons to have a Crusader around. It does so much, really. That and the perma-CC locking + grouping is just really good.

huxley00

Whats the best source of information for figuring out how to stack skills, what the max % you can decrease cooldowns and other Diablo limitations? Its hard to figure out some builds as you hit artificial caps that you don't realize are there. Any info would be appreciated...

J0dy77

Is there a favorite class in the vanilla version? I haven't played in ages (since like week 2 it was out) I have a Demon hunter but no idea if she was nurfed/etc

After 2.0 everyone is viable again. They did a great job of buffing a lot of the under used skills. Demon hunters, Wiz and WD hit like trucks now.

Nokterian

Finished Act V again on my Wizard did it on expert. He hits like a truck goddamn.

Also this game is addicting now it is really addicting like never before. Yes the combat was pretty cool in vanilla but the oompf what is in this patch and expansion. Such a difference it's like night and day for all classes.

Strider

Meh. Everytime I popped into Kongor's stream he was joining some game where T6 players are handing him Horadric Cache's from their missions. He's probably opened hundreds by now.

He's bound to get great stuff when doing that.

Dahbomb

Meh. Everytime I popped into Kongor's stream he was joining some game where T6 players are handing him Horadric Cache's from their missions. He's probably opened hundreds by now.

He's bound to get great stuff when doing that.
You can do that in the clan too. I have done it a couple of times.

Normally what people should be doing is if they are doing a Bounty solo and they are about to complete a 5 set, they should make a clan announcement to get 3 people. All 3 people will get the Cache this way without doing anything.

Spread this over a larger population and people can enjoy a crap ton of free Caches. I didn't share this sooner because of potential nerfs but it seems streamers are already abusing it so it's whatever at this point.

Kongor has 9 million unbuffed sheet DPS? I need to see the receipts on that.

Dat feel when you get a legendary dagger and you're a cool crusader... I pawned it off to my templar. Raised his dps like four times. Hehe.

Currently rocking the golden holy crusader look while I'm preparing to smack down on Malthael.

DatDiablo.jpg

lomeiT9.png

I have the first, and the hit doesnt occur as often, but it's a sledgehammer when it does hit. In the middle of a big fight, it comes in handy.

Man, why don't they make it so that you can see individual dps stats per skill like in PoE? Now that elemental and skill multipliers are a thing, it's getting really frustrating not being able to tell how stuff affects your actual damage instead of the now irrelevant number on your character sheet.

ferr

I also wouldn't mind it if they cooled with the legendary rings. I feel I've got one for every level between 60 and 70.

yeah been getting a lot of rings. i don't mind it considering i got an soj and unity out of it. they can turn it down now, though.. maybe raise the chance on helmets. i need a better helmet.

Dahbomb

Man, why don't they make it so that you can see individual dps stats per skill like in PoE? Now that elemental and skill multipliers are a thing, it's getting really frustrating not being able to tell how stuff affects your actual damage instead of the now irrelevant number on your character sheet.
This is something I really want now.

I have two damage mods to LTK from gear plus 3 pieces with +% elemental damage mod. My LTKs are doing way more damage than the LTKs of another player who has the same sheet DPS but not those damage mods.

anthym

Neo Member
Finally got my WD to 60. I'm using this build but want something different. Any other good builds that also melt mobs?

This is what I use

Open up with Piranhado, once most of the enemies are sucked in run up and use Soul Harvest and then spirit walk to regen your mana. Hit them with firebats to finish them off. Get your attack speed up to spawn the max fetishes and get some gear with +firedmg and +physical. In Torment 1 Rifts I do this and since the monster density is way up there, I can pretty much reset my cooldown instantly when I use this tactic. I've got 500k dps and 5 million toughness. Fetishes are critting close to 2 million and soul harvest crits damn near 5 million. I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom