• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

This is something I really want now.

I have two damage mods to LTK from gear plus 3 pieces with +% elemental damage mod. My LTKs are doing way more damage than the LTKs of another player who has the same sheet DPS but not those damage mods.

Yeah this is annoying now, too.

I have some +elemental damage stuff that I have no idea what it's realistically doing to my DPS. It's hard to dump that stuff if I don't know. And it's hard to see if it's worth using skills because i have that on my stuff.

Ashodin

qPcPeCs.png

I wonder if Malthael-senpai will notice me~

I'm finally able to do Torment I runs in adventure mode. I NEED ALL OF THE TOUGHNESS.

ten MM M M M MM M MILLION

Drop of the day. Was rerolling for crit chance (original property was 16% area damage), but I ran out of rubies and Forgotten Souls. I'll probably hand this off to my WD and put Horrify on him, Soul Harvest is kind of just chilling out in his current build.

TSOIODA.png

Got my WD to 70 and I found a build I'm loving.

You basically Piranhado then spam Pile On in there, while constantly throwing Widowmakers jars to keep your mana up. It's working extremely well right now. Zombie Bears instead of Pile On is a great option, but Pile On's way easier to deal extremely high single target damage when needed.

I seriously have no idea what they are thinking with this part of the design. Are they afraid that it would overwhelm new players? Just make it an elective thing like so many other features already are/have been.

Edit: About lack of dps details per skill. Whoops, mobile posting.

joesmokey

I can finally do Royal Audience pulls solo at TIV again, but it's pretty scary.

Normal in adventure mode is so much more efficient for farming legendaries, however I'm getting a little burnt out doing it. I think I might switch back to TII just to keep things interesting. Tempted to go back to core runs though...

anthym

Neo Member
Got my WD to 70 and I found a build I'm loving.

You basically Piranhado then spam Pile On in there, while constantly throwing Widowmakers jars to keep your mana up. It's working extremely well right now. Zombie Bears instead of Pile On is a great option, but Pile On's way easier to deal extremely high single target damage when needed.

Haven't seen a build like that yet. It's crazy that there are so many viable builds for all the classes now. The last time I played, which was over a year ago, WD was practically worthless. Now they just facemelt everything.

Artanisix

There's a new way to power level and it's fucking FAST as long as you have adventure mode.

Go to adventure mode
Go to act 3, rakkis crossing, torment 6
Walk up a bit and see if Private James is at the stairsteps
If he is, talk to him, run up the stairs and complete his quest. 10 mil xp, 100k gold.
If he's not there, walk back to waypoint, reset.

I'm level 66 on my barb after 20 minutes.

Ashodin

There's a new way to power level and it's fucking FAST as long as you have adventure mode.

Go to adventure mode
If he is, talk to him, run up the stairs and complete his quest. 10 mil xp, 100k gold.

LOL

Drop of the day. Was rerolling for crit chance (original property was 16% area damage), but I ran out of rubies and Forgotten Souls. I'll probably hand this off to my WD and put Horrify on him, Soul Harvest is kind of just chilling out in his current build.

TSOIODA.png

That's a cool ring for like a HC character ..,

I hate the fear mechanic so much in SC

anthym

Neo Member
Anybody else avoid the battle.net d3 forums? I wanted to read up on any bugs and hotfixes and clicked on general discussion. Seems like 2/3 of the posts are people complaining. Reminds me of when I played WoW and all of the threads were like that on that forum too. I think for now I'll just stick to this OT.

Ashodin

Anybody else avoid the battle.net d3 forums? I wanted to read up on any bugs and hotfixes and clicked on general discussion. Seems like 2/3 of the posts are people complaining. Reminds me of when I played WoW and all of the threads were like that on that forum too. I think for now I'll just stick to this OT.

ayup. stay where GAF loves you!

Seriously. Only 2/3 are complaining? Blizzard must be doing something right. Those forums are a near constant cesspool of idiocy and unwarranted angst.

My crusader is really feeling strong since I got the maximus, but any class with that weapon would be pretty great. Oh well having lots of fun on her/

diablo_iii_2014_03_28_17_50_08_20_by_silentpixel-d7c03b0.png

styl3s

bnet forums have always been a hot cesspool of pure filthiness.

Dahbomb

On the whole difficulty thing, yea right now it's not much worth it farming past Torment 1. MAYBE for higher EXP but as far as loot goes you just need T1. If you don't care about stuff like Legendary potions, Hellfire rings and class specific set items then Normal is good enough.

I am not sure how they will address this, if at all. This is clearly part of their design philosophy to not make it difficult to get gear and for there to be less of a gap between top tier players and average players.

If I had to recommend some changes for future patches these would be it:

*Add option to check DPS of your skills directly (click CTRL while hovering over your skill or something).

*Give high Legendary drop bonuses on higher Torment.

*Put in a nice reward for beating all 25 bounties. Something like a greater Horadric Cache or a bunch of Forgotten Souls.

*Allow modification of Rifts with additional difficulties for more rewards (like PoE maps).

*More Legendary with interesting affixes. Yes there are many Legendaries with really nice bonuses but there are also some that are just Rares with slightly better stat ranges. It's fine to have a few like these but right now there are a bit too many of them for my liking.

*Auto pickup on crafting mats and gems please.

*Do not give 5 Bounty completion bonus if the player was not present in the game during the rewards of the first 4 bounties. This will lower the cheesing strats.

*Change up Bounties that require full level clears. Just cap at 40 or 50 enemies killed. Really annoying when you have to search the entire map because you missed a bat in some corner.

*Currency conversion. I have a thousand Veiled Crystals that I would love to exchange for Death Breaths or Forgotten Souls. I would honestly trade 500 for a single Forgotten Soul.

Mainly small quality of life changes. Of course I want big things too but these would be nice changes for me personally at least.

J2d

Go to adventure mode

Please god let this still work when I get home from work tomorrow..

scy

On the whole difficulty thing, yea right now it's not much worth it farming past Torment 1. MAYBE for higher EXP but as far as loot goes you just need T1. If you don't care about stuff like Legendary potions, Hellfire rings and class specific set items then Normal is good enough.

For what it's worth, our normal group is clearing T2/T3 at basically the same pace as T1 clears so we have no real reason to not do T2/T3.

Agree with basically all the rest of the points though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
qPcPeCs.png

I wonder if Malthael-senpai will notice me~

I'm finally able to do Torment I runs in adventure mode. I NEED ALL OF THE TOUGHNESS.

What a ridiculous game. Has there ever been a better example of stat inflation via an expansion? You get like 10x the damage/toughness going from 60 to 70.

Moff

after a long run on nothing, I actually got a thunderfury

does it proc on spells? I hit many times with desintegrate, so it should proc all the time? or is there an internal cooldown?

Dahbomb

What a ridiculous game. Has there ever been a better example of stat inflation via an expansion? You get like 10x the damage/toughness going from 60 to 70.
It's like playing DBZ the ARPG.

There was a time when you could beat Butcher Inferno with 9K DPS. Now people aren't satisfied with 900K DPS.

Dahbomb

after a long run on nothing, I actually got a thunderfury

does it proc on spells? I hit many times with desintegrate, so it should proc all the time? or is there an internal cooldown?
Internal CD plus different proc rates on different skills.

Edit: Sorry for double post, thought I was in an edit window.

Go to adventure mode

I only got 51k xp.

Go to adventure mode

Going to try this on my Wiz who is already level 60 and see if it will work for someone who isn't a new character.

Crusader is fun, I have alot of build options based on affixes on Legendaries then build new armor sets around it. Alot better then my barb

Sigmaah

Go to adventure mode

Why am I not home right now... FUCK MAN WHAT THE FUCK.

ACESmkII

I have never played a Diablo before so I'm thinking of picking this up for my laptop. I would need to pick up the original diablo 3 or does Reaper of Souls include the original?

LCGeek

formerly sane
For what it's worth, our normal group is clearing T2/T3 at basically the same pace as T1 clears so we have no real reason to not do T2/T3.

Agree with basically all the rest of the points though.

Shit was too fun today.

If you got the gear take advantage of torment, we were getting paragons before I left and I'm assuming you're at 200.

You can power level with rifts if you get the right type of mobs just watch your bar fill up.

anthym

Neo Member
I have never played a Diablo before so I'm thinking of picking this up for my laptop. I would need to pick up the original diablo 3 or does Reaper of Souls include the original?

You need both. You can get them digitally through blizzard for a total of $60. Well worth it.

anthym

Neo Member
Incoming legendary hotfix

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Please note that these hotfixes have not yet been implemented. Once the hotfixes are live, they will be added and updated here

from here

Sanctuary

Crusader has really OP Legendary items though so who knows how they will end up being.

It's pretty fucking ridiculous that they require all of the shit you'd see from farming T3+ before being able to do it remotely as fast as every other class. They virtually take three times as long to kill as anyone else, even with double the listed DPS. And they are slow as shit unless using a one-handed weapon. They are literally two difficulties behind in capability from the next lowest damaging class.

Ashodin

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Please note that these hotfixes have not yet been implemented. Once the hotfixes are live, they will be added and updated here

from here

AWWW YISS

why can't I hold all these blood shards

Sciz

I don't know if it's efficient in any sense of the word in the long run, but an avalanche/boulder toss build is legit fun. Barbarian becomes a game of generating and spending fury like a madman so you can throw more rocks around. First time I've ever genuinely enjoyed the class.

Awesome.

Chaos17

Go to adventure mode

Hahaha!!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom