• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isual

please let the 14 mil xp quick still work.

thanks

How the fuck am I supposed to "run up the stairs" when there's a million mobs just waiting to one shot me?

suicide run it.

5 levels in 5 minutes from 15 to 20

Yep did this earlier today. Works in both campaign and adventure mode. Also was helpful in leveling my crusader :p

how many levels were you able to do ? and at what level does it become ineffective ?

The dopest looking Crusader you'll ever see. Lords Never Worry.

UeodN6U.jpg

You need to perhaps recolour her armour when you take photos with a black background. At first glance I thought her midsection was creeperly thin.

Kssio_Aug

Does Zunimassa level 70 gear drops at normal ~ expert difficulties?
I mean... that Fetish build is insane to reach. 4 Zunimassa set pieces?? LOL

Wallach

Does Zunimassa level 70 gear drops at normal ~ expert difficulties?
I mean... that Fetish build is insane to reach. 4 Zunimassa set pieces?? LOL

No, you need to be playing on Torment 1 or higher to have class set items drop. They also will not come out of caches or from Kadala on any difficulty.

joesmokey

I got a legendary sword and a plan to drop in about a ~25 min rift clear on TII. Pretty great, though it could just be RNG at work.

I wish rift bosses were more likely to drop forgotten souls.

eek5

What a ridiculous game. Has there ever been a better example of stat inflation via an expansion? You get like 10x the damage/toughness going from 60 to 70.

Toughness goes up mainly because you go from like 60k hp to 500k hp. I've been avoiding a lot of +toughness pieces and going for armor/resis to make my heals more efficient.

Dps is more in the 3-5x range and 5x is probably on the top end of things...

unless you were poverty 50k dps before the expansion lol

kmfdmpig

There's a new way to power level and it's fucking FAST as long as you have adventure mode.

Go to adventure mode
Go to act 3, rakkis crossing, torment 6
Walk up a bit and see if Private James is at the stairsteps
If he is, talk to him, run up the stairs and complete his quest. 10 mil xp, 100k gold.
If he's not there, walk back to waypoint, reset.

I'm level 66 on my barb after 20 minutes.

Dumb question:
How does the waypoint reset? Do you mean leave game and start again? Is if the first set (the one with both left and right) of stairs right after starting the section?

Dahbomb

Right as we were talking about Torment and Legendaries Blizzard pushed out a buff for Torment Legendary drops!

The hot fix is apparently live.

RS4-

Dumb question:
How does the waypoint reset? Do you mean leave game and start again? Is if the first set (the one with both left and right) of stairs right after starting the section?

If he's not there, leave the game, then tp back to the rakkis waypoint. Walk up and see if he's leaning against the stairs, if not, leave and repeat. Sometimes there's a chest/cursed that spawns immediately to the left of the wp too

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Glad they're not nerfing normal runs. Because pardon my potentially faulty logic but I *really* want a thunderfury. Like more than any other item. And I would think that my chances of getting one in torment would be lower because of the addition of the torment only legs that would dilute the pool of legs I might get.

There's a new way to power level and it's fucking FAST as long as you have adventure mode.

Go to adventure mode
If he is, talk to him, run up the stairs and complete his quest. 10 mil xp, 100k gold.

Yep did this earlier today. Works in both campaign and adventure mode. Also was helpful in leveling my crusader :p

kmfdmpig

If he's not there, leave the game, then tp back to the rakkis waypoint. Walk up and see if he's leaning against the stairs, if not, leave and repeat. Sometimes there's a chest/cursed that spawns immediately to the left of the wp too

Thanks! I just got him (and a cursed chest). :)

scy

It's pretty fucking ridiculous that they require all of the shit you'd see from farming T3+ before being able to do it remotely as fast as every other class. They virtually take three times as long to kill as anyone else, even with double the listed DPS. And they are slow as shit unless using a one-handed weapon. They are literally two difficulties behind in capability from the next lowest damaging class.

My Crusader is probably the bulk of our damage in T2/T3 runs so I dunno.

Go to adventure mode

Sadly this was nerfed quickly. I just followed your steps with my lvl 22 Crusader. 74K XP, 30K Gold

Dahbomb

You gotta be shitting me. We have been running since 1pm

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!
----------
The hotfix was actually just pushed live. You may need to restart your game in order for them to take effect.

Gambler was already OP now he's more so. If the gambling chance is increased then you have a much better chance of finding the Legendary you want (so if you want a a Legendary boots you can keep rolling boots with the gambler).

scy

Shit was too fun today.

If you got the gear take advantage of torment, we were getting paragons before I left and I'm assuming you're at 200.

You can power level with rifts if you get the right type of mobs just watch your bar fill up.

Oh yeah, got 201 earlier. Still going atm. Lets see this new drop rate in action lol

Trickster

Good to see blizzard fixing torment and gambling legendary chances.

However, after just doing a t1 run to test the hotfix, I encountered a group a 10-12 goblins. I got overly excited and messed up my plan of approach, only getting around half of them. But their drops reminded me of another thing that could do with some major buff to legendary drop chance. Yep, fucking goblins. These fuckers have yet to drop a single legendary for me since 2.0. Which amount to probably 2-300 by now. It's just abysmally low considering their entire purpose in life is to be a loot pinata.

Good to see blizzard fixing torment and gambling legendary chances.

However, after just doing a t1 run to test the hotfix, I encountered a group a 10-12 goblins. I got overly excited and messed up my plan of approach, only getting around half of them. But their drops reminded me of another thing that could do with some major buff to legendary drop chance. Yep, fucking goblins. These fuckers have yet to drop a single legendary for me since 2.0. Which amount to probably 2-300 by now. It's just abysmally low considering their entire purpose in life is to be a loot pinata.

I got one yesterday or the day before for the first time. I remember Goblins dropping a greater quantity of stuff, they're on some poverty shit now. Mats and a couple of jewels. I used to be excited to see them but now I can only think about the poor families they're providing for. You can't raise children on Marquise gems and Reusable Parts.

KarmaCow

So are boss health pools insanely high or is it just me? Not sure if this has been discussed here yet.

You mean the ones for each chapter/area in Act 5? Yea, they seem to have more health. They also have multiple stages with more attacks, kinda like Diablo so it makes sense they have more health.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Go to adventure mode

I'm a bit confused. Does "Reseting" mean quitting the game and loading back in? Because if you just warp away, it doesn't seem to do anything.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Gentlemen, if I could interject to ask a basically unanswerable question (which I'm asking for purposes of preparation on the PS3/4 versions), I'd appreciate any answers. Fill in the blank:

Playing T1 L70 monsters is basically the same as playing Inferno MP___ in Vanilla D3.

10? 20?

Thanks.

Boogdud

Level 70 on my wd, still using mostly level 41 and level 50+ gear on my wd, mostly yellows. Just got a legendary Daibo.. on a wd. Fuck this game.

Kacho

Probably just a matter of your gear being worse than you're used to at lvl 60

I thought of that and maybe it's true to some extent. But I came across a chest in adventure mode that wanted me to kill Ghrom before the time ran out and it took forever to kill him. Like twice the allotted time limit given to me. Didn't feel quite right. I know my gear isn't that bad since I'm playing on a difficulty where I'm killing elite packs and champions in a matter of seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom