• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know if it's really true but it seems faster to get back to town and then quit the level to bypass the timer.
I must be missing something because I tried this 10 times and haven't seen the quest pop up.

It doesn't help that one hit and splat, I'm a bloodstain on the ground. lol

Gentlemen, if I could interject to ask a basically unanswerable question (which I'm asking for purposes of preparation on the PS3/4 versions), I'd appreciate any answers. Fill in the blank:

Playing T1 L70 monsters is basically the same as playing Inferno MP___ in Vanilla D3.

10? 20?

Thanks.

T1 is like maybe MP8 damage with MP10 health

So I just got this :

7wuoB6q.jpg

Obviously I'll reroll most stats to focus on damage as my follower will already be invincible. Does the Unity ring work on followers? If so, that could be an amazing combo.

Dahbomb

Right now people are using trifectas because they show up on your sheet DPS and it's an easy way to stroke your e-peen. If Blizzard implements DPS check on skill that incorporates skill bonuses and element bonuses people will start replacing their crits with element bonuses.

For a more comprehensive post on this matter:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11986398637

As you can see, this stat is immensely powerful. A normal character will usually get about 9.23% total damage increase from the 6% Critical Hit Chance stat on your Bracers. If, instead of that stat, you went with 15% <elemental> skill damage you would be getting a massive 15% total damage increase to your <element> skills.
This is 1.63x as much damage increase as the CHC!!!

Topper

looks like rakkis crossing thing was fixed, only got 68k exp reward on T6

edit: maybe not, I guess exp is based on your current level, and 68k is a whole level for me at 22

mileS

Level 70 on my wd, still using mostly level 41 and level 50+ gear on my wd, mostly yellows. Just got a legendary Daibo.. on a wd. Fuck this game.

You just need to pay better attention to the gear that has been dropping for you. Going from 41/50-70 and not getting an upgrade for each slot is next to impossible. Hell even the vendors have stuff.

mileS

Right now people are using trifectas because they show up on your sheet DPS and it's an easy way to stroke your e-peen. If Blizzard implements DPS check on skill that incorporates skill bonuses and element bonuses people will start replacing their crits with element bonuses.

For a more comprehensive post on this matter:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11986398637

I think you're missing the point. +% element/skill bonus doesn't come on rings/gloves unless its an odd legendary. It has nothing to do with e-peen and just a way to show off with sheet dps, its a plain old flat dps increase across the board. People go for these because you can't get all 3 of these stats on other pieces. It's how it was, and how it will continue to be, gear changes or not.

Yeah, pretty much only an amulet supports part of your post. Even then, you can still get crit and crit hit dmg on the same piece. I just don't like to see posts like these go by spreading false information. Like the trifecta gear is going anywhere, like people are just gonna wake up one day and realize its only for e-peen. No. Sorry.

Doesn't mean its do or die, have to have trifecta in all slots that you can have it, but if you want to boost your overall dps, these are the pieces you are going to want to go for unless your build is much different and needs something else to support it. Also, the quote you posted about bracers doesn't make sense. Everyone is going for bracers with +%ele dmg AND crit

Boogdud

Wow even level 70 blues would be better than 40-ish gear. That's some insanely bad RNG rolls.

You'd think that, yeah. I'm about ready to just give it a break. Seriously I got a level 70 amulet that had worse stats than the 52 I have on. Shoulders that were 69 legendaries that were worse than the 56's I'm using. I'm getting legendaries at 68-70 that have worse stats than the *yellows* that are level 58-62. I don't know wtf is going on.

You just need to pay better attention to the gear that has been dropping for you. Going from 41/50-70 and not getting an upgrade for each slot is next to impossible. Hell even the vendors have stuff.

I check *every* piece of gear I get.

Boogdud

This is pretty much impossible type of RNG. Even garbage lvl70s are better than lvl50 items.

Well I just de'd about 20 of them, so I can't ss it now, but if my luck stays the same I'll start saving them. The level 70 yellows I'm getting aren't better than the yellows I have from 60+

Crap, thought I was editing my post. Sorry for the double.

Uthred

Midnight Feast feels like a lazy passive, its just a straight copy and improvement on zombie handler, I suppose you could use both but that feels like overkill. Edit: never mind, mis-read it

Anyone willing to help power-level my crusader? I'm 30 at the moment with Cain set, so bonus exp is great.

However I'm still leveling slow,I'm just tired of the low level content, when the 50%(then 100%) bonus xp event was going on, I took my Wizard,Demon Hunter and Monk all the way to 60 and I'm burnt out on the low level content.

It nearly makes me fall asleep,level 61-70 is where I'm having fun as the bounties are worth it and rift runs, 1-60 is just horrible.

Beepos

I need more information, even under sub headings or somewhere:

I want to know how much CD reduction is changing my skills.
I want to know how resource cost reduction is changing my skills.
I want to know +dmg to a skill is adding to that particular skill.
I want to know +element damage is adding to my dps for skills that use that element.

Find a place to well, place this info, and I will be happier in loot hunting Blizzard.
I know it can all be figured out, but surely they can find some solution to show this information.

crazyprac

Anyone got the full or almost full class set for wizard or any class for that matter: is it a huge increase and worth farming the mats for compared to just rerolling other legendaries?

Creating the general sets and upgrading gems is a pain in the ass. I'm literary broke crafing and rerolling stats. I really want that phoenix set or whatever its called for wizard.

I can faceroll t1 but t2 takes a bit effort on certain mob combination.

Inumbris

So this has been happening to me since I noticed it last night. I got some shiny new gloves with an interesting ability:

ShrineBooster.png

"Shrine duration to 10 minutes eh? Sounds like a nice little boost" I thought to myself. Instant equip.
I got a Fleeting shrine not long after, but after a while I noticed it wasn't running down nearly fast enough, even for the boost. Turns out this happened:

FleetingBug.png

And then the same for Empowered shrines!:

EmpoweredBug.png

Only these two kinds of shrines though, strangely. All the others are "only" 10 minutes. So, has anyone else experienced this?

mileS

Yes Inumbris. In the beta all of the shrine buffs for those gloves were an hour long. They nerfed it and forgot to change those for live. It will either get fixed next patch or they will all go back to an hour I'd say.

th3dude

Is there somewhere where I can see what types of items are preferable for each slot? Like for bracers: should I focus on attack or defense? Things like that.
Thanks!

Svafnir

So this has been happening to me since I noticed it last night. I got some shiny new gloves with an interesting ability:

ShrineBooster.png

"Shrine duration to 10 minutes eh? Sounds like a nice little boost" I thought to myself. Instant equip.
I got a Fleeting shrine not long after, but after a while I noticed it wasn't running down nearly fast enough, even for the boost. Turns out this happened:

FleetingBug.png

And then the same for Empowered shrines!:

EmpoweredBug.png

Only these two kinds of shrines though, strangely. All the others are "only" 10 minutes. So, has anyone else experienced this?

It's a bug. They did 1 hour in beta, probably forgot to reduce the other ones to 10 minutes also.

Atlantis

Yay, Act IV is finished. Onto all the new fun things.

I have a question though, how exactly do DoTs (Specifically Locust Swarm) interact with Attack Speed and Critical Strike? I have a big bad two-hander I was thinking of using.

JCizzle

Yay, Act IV is finished. Onto all the new fun things.

I have a question though, how exactly do DoTs (Specifically Locust Swarm) interact with Attack Speed and Critical Strike? I have a big bad two-hander I was thinking of using.

I know for crit it does impact DoTs, you just don't see it happen - it's all done behind the scenes since there are so many small numbers involved.

Kadin

Kind of a random question here. Has anyone ever looked into how much bandwidth is typically taking place during a solo game? Normally if I'm ever downloading something of vast size, usually a game on Steam lately, I won't fire up D3 and play. But then I got to thinking, there can't be that much to slow down if I'm just playing on my own, right? Or am I wrong here?

Atlantis

I know for crit it does impact DoTs, you just don't see it happen - it's all done behind the scenes since there are so many small numbers involved.

Looking it up, I've seen this but also that DoTs only crit on first cast. (As in, the entire DoT crits, not single ticks)

Can someone clarify?

Kind of a random question here. Has anyone ever looked into how much bandwidth is typically taking place during a solo game? Normally if I'm ever downloading something of vast size, usually a game on Steam lately, I won't fire up D3 and play. But then I got to thinking, there can't be that much to slow down if I'm just playing on my own, right? Or am I wrong here?

Depends on your bandwidth. On the setup I currently have (bandwidth extremely diluted from router upstairs), it's not possible to have Steam downloading stuff at the same time, but I can have streaming radio or whatever. Ideally you wouldn't want to be downloading anything else - certainly not on hardcore.

LCGeek

formerly sane

It's not that much, games are not bandwidth intensive as the packets are quite small they are however prone to bad stream or internet delay.

If you are gaming and downloading invest in a router that can run dd-wrt or gargoyle. The QOS you can use with them keeps things nice and tidy despite the various activities you may be doing at the same time you are gaming.

The best policy for games make sure that nothing that connects to router is draining your upload. On your machine just use the windows resource manager as the network tab will show you things both up and down that are consuming your bandwidth.

joesmokey

So has anyone gotten a white Diabolic Wand to drop from weapon racks? Ever since I got the Hallowed Protector's plan, I've been checking and I haven't seen it drop in days.

Whats the best way to level my crusader? I just beat the game - should / can you play the story in adventure mode? I mean, can I start at the beginning in Adventure mode and get all the same achievements and whatnot by beating the game in Adventure mode or do I need to beat it again as a crusader normally to have it show up as having beat the game with that class as well? Thanks!

kirblar

Whats the best way to level my crusader? I just beat the game - should / can you play the story in adventure mode? I mean, can I start at the beginning in Adventure mode and get all the same achievements and whatnot by beating the game in Adventure mode or do I need to beat it again as a crusader normally to have it show up as having beat the game with that class as well? Thanks!
Adventure mode is what you want to do after beating the game on a character, yeah.

You want to, at a minimum, level in "Hard", assuming you have mostly yellow gear. Normal doesn't give nearly enough EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom