• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adventure mode is what you want to do after beating the game on a character, yeah.

You want to, at a minimum, level in "Hard", assuming you have mostly yellow gear. Normal doesn't give nearly enough EXP.

Hmm, the reason I asked as well is that I sorta want the 'lore' or story from the game and all the interactions he may have with the other characters and from what I read this doesnt happen in adventure mode?

Thanks!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Whats the best way to level my crusader? I just beat the game - should / can you play the story in adventure mode? I mean, can I start at the beginning in Adventure mode and get all the same achievements and whatnot by beating the game in Adventure mode or do I need to beat it again as a crusader normally to have it show up as having beat the game with that class as well? Thanks!

There's no best way the game has so many ways to power level by yourself or with others it's matter of what it's convient or simple for you at that moment. The game can be a little harsh to the those new and those that grind alone without knowing how to maximize things.

There are various reason to use the modes in diablo to your advantage. Right now despite the fact I'm in adventure mode I have two operating functions. The first is high torment grinding through rifts insanely good for xp if you got the skills. The other is settings things to normal and having a group that runs adventure mode quickly, speed is the key. I still use campaign mode to just simply run an area for a keywarden keys or material crafting of specific kind.

pretty sure once it's been beat anyone you have can just leap in to adventure mode.

There's no best way the game has so many ways to power level by yourself or with others it's matter of what it's convient or simple for you at that moment. The game can be a little harsh to the those new and those that grind alone without knowing how to maximize things.

There are various reason to use the modes in diablo to your advantage. Right now despite the fact I'm in adventure mode I have two operating functions. The first is high torment grinding through rifts insanely good for xp if you got the skills. The other is settings things to normal and having a group that runs adventure mode quickly, speed is the key. I still use campaign mode to just simply run an area for a keywarden keys or material crafting of specific kind.

pretty sure once it's been beat anyone you have can just leap in to adventure mode.

Hey, thanks for writing this! Yeah, I can definitely access adventure mode with my lvl 6 Crusader but I guess im just going to play him through the normal game then do adventure mode. Somehow that just makes sense in my brain? I dunno, its probably the wrong way to play the game :)

Trickster

Seems like the chances of getting legendaries from blood shards is still complete shit, despite the supposedly "significant" increase in chance from the hotfix. I've spent like 400 shards after the hotfix went live, nothing. Also just watched a streamer spend 500 shards without getting anything...

Syf

Banned
Seems like the chances of getting legendaries from blood shards is still complete shit, despite the supposedly "significant" increase in chance from the hotfix. I've spent like 400 shards after the hotfix went live, nothing. Also just watched a streamer spend 500 shards without getting anything...
Yeah, I've yet to get a legendary from the shards. They've been useless so far.

Haines

Banned
Hey, thanks for writing this! Yeah, I can definitely access adventure mode with my lvl 6 Crusader but I guess im just going to play him through the normal game then do adventure mode. Somehow that just makes sense in my brain? I dunno, its probably the wrong way to play the game :)

Dont worry about right or wrong. Play the game that gives you the most enjoyment!

Haines

Banned

How much work does it take to get say 400 shards? I dont have ROS

Another 5 hours of playing without a single item upgrade or succesful stat change to show for it. Crap legendaries.

Remembering why I stopped playing in the first place. Ah well. Twas fun for a little while...

Trickster

How much work does it take to get say 400 shards? I dont have ROS

I think the fastest way to get shards is to farm rifts. The guardian at the end of a rift normally drops around 50-59 on torment 1, less on lower difficulties i think. And a rift normally seems to takes around 10-15 minutes ( though that is for hardcore torment 1, might be quicker on softcore where people can go full out on dps and not focus on survivabilty very much ). So I guess you could get around 400 shards if you farm rifts non stop for around 1½ hour.

Haines

Banned
you get around 50-58 from the guardian at the end of a rift, which I think is the fastest way to get shards.

I dont know how long a rift takes.

People really shouldnt expect Shards to produce LEGS like candy tho.

Once Diablo hands out LEGS, the game is broken. They will forever try to hold them back from the players as much as they can.

EDIT: You gave me a lot more info (thx) Yeah nobody should be getting a gauranteed LEG every hr and a half of play time from shards alone.

Trickster

I dont know how long a rift takes.

People really shouldnt expect Shards to produce LEGS like candy tho.

Once Diablo hands out LEGS, the game is broken. They will forever try to hold them back from the players as much as they can.

updated my post. And yeah I agree with you that shard items shouldnt be legendary all the time. Honestly the problem with how shards work right now, is that the items cost so few shards ( most cost 5 or 10 ). So it seems like a very unrewarding feature when you can fill up your inventory several times over with shitty rares, just by spam buying items from the shard vendor.

Honestly what made me make the post was the combination of me not getting anything for 400 shards, and then another guy also getting nothing by spending 500 shards ( the max amount you can have at a time )

Atlantis

Looking it up, I've seen this but also that DoTs only crit on first cast. (As in, the entire DoT crits, not single ticks)

Can someone clarify?

Quoting myself to say that I've discovered that both are correct, it just depends on the spell. What a strange mechanic.

Alienups

Cgs1dhnIrJiR

Hmm, what to reroll for a socket

Kadin

Depends on your bandwidth. On the setup I currently have (bandwidth extremely diluted from router upstairs), it's not possible to have Steam downloading stuff at the same time, but I can have streaming radio or whatever. Ideally you wouldn't want to be downloading anything else - certainly not on hardcore.

It's not that much, games are not bandwidth intensive as the packets are quite small they are however prone to bad stream or internet delay.

If you are gaming and downloading invest in a router that can run dd-wrt or gargoyle. The QOS you can use with them keeps things nice and tidy despite the various activities you may be doing at the same time you are gaming.

The best policy for games make sure that nothing that connects to router is draining your upload. On your machine just use the windows resource manager as the network tab will show you things both up and down that are consuming your bandwidth.

Thanks for the input guys, I did notice a bit of sporadic lag a bit here and there, nothing major. And yeah, definitely not running HC just to be safe. I'll look into your suggestions LCGeek.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm finding so many legendaries in rifts, whoollly shit

Maybe I should grind on Rifts for a bit. After 20 Horadric Caches and no Legendaries it has been disheartening. Still, I have yet to see anything in RoS offer the efficiency of doing Wretched Mother runs. If they weren't so damn boring and lacking in XP.

Dreavus

I found a legendary source from the blood shard vendor since the update, that took about 30-40 rolls total (Tried a bunch of amulets first, then a bunch of sources).

My very first amulet from that vendor was pretty amazing too, and hasn't been replaced yet.

Ashodin

Maybe I should grind on Rifts for a bit. After 20 Horadric Caches and no Legendaries it has been disheartening. Still, I have yet to see anything in RoS offer the efficiency of doing Wretched Mother runs. If they weren't so damn boring and lacking in XP.

That's why who cares about efficiency. more fun will make the game last longer.

dengatron

after 8 rifts with 4 players each, and 2000 total bloodshards, we found a total of 2 legendary items. that's actually less than the average pre hotfix, for our group..

Haines

Banned

Whats the point of getting good loot if you arent having fun?

Dahbomb

I have officially ran out of gold.

Burnt through my 15 million already. Most of the money was spent on gem upgrades and unsocketing. Unsocketing gem prices are ridiculous.

I am now relegated to selling my Rares to the vendor for chump change. Feels bad man!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Thanks for the input guys, I did notice a bit of sporadic lag a bit here and there, nothing major. And yeah, definitely not running HC just to be safe. I'll look into your suggestions LCGeek.

If you need links for what I'm talking about just pm it's not a problem.

fedexpeon

Banned
Are legendary rings bad?
I have 3 of them dropped, and they all have crappy stats like +armor and +vit, and their secondary is just bad. Had to salvage them for mats.
I always remember that legendary rings are the hardest to find/upgrade if you found one...but man, these lvl 70 rings are terribad.

Trickster

Burnt through my 15 million already. Most of the money was spent on gem upgrades and unsocketing. Unsocketing gem prices are ridiculous.

I am now relegated to selling my Rares to the vendor for chump change. Feels bad man!

Prices for the 3 crafting NPC's are just all kinds of fucked up in general. Gem guy charges way to much gold for his services. Blacksmith wants materials that are so boring and luck based to get, that most people don't bother trying to get specific materials. Busty fortune teller lady is terrible at her job and keeps charging you money and materials for her services, despite getting the wrong result almost every time...

Are legendary rings bad?
I have 3 of them dropped, and they all have crappy stats like +armor and +vit, and their secondary is just bad. Had to salvage them for mats.
I always remember that legendary rings are the hardest to find/upgrade if you found one...but man, these lvl 70 rings are terribad.

I think rings and amulets have a wider range of possible affixes than armor slot pieces. So getting a ring that has a good mix of affixes can be harder to get. But certainly some rings and amulets really just are terrible. That new amulet that looks like mickey mouse or something is litterally complete garbage no matter what basically.

dengatron

I think rings and amulets have a wider range of possible affixes than armor slot pieces. So getting a ring that has a good mix of affixes can be harder to get. But certainly some rings and amulets really just are terrible. That new amulet that looks like mickey mouse or something is litterally complete garbage no matter what basically.

It's a deadmau5 head, and the passive makes mobs dance. It's a pointless shit item just to fill up drop tables so they can say you got a legendary to drop while it's permanently awful for everyone. there's a couple straight shitty items in every slot, but some of them are just confuse me. the compass rose set is just fucking dumb. i wish they didn't put bad items in to clutter drop tables and confuse newer players, but they have to appease the groundstarbeam thirsty masses somehow

Grassy

Are legendary rings bad?

I got an Obsidian Ring yesterday that was alright, but today I upgraded to this:

diabloiii2014-03-2918qwk5k.png

Also picked up these today:

diabloiii2014-03-2918b8kmu.png

diabloiii2014-03-291856j7x.png

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well took my crusader from 200k dps to 510k today with some yellows here and there, the down side is that my toughness dropped from 10mil to 6mil but it doesnt seem to be a problem so far.

Really enjoying this Punish - Roar + Sweep with the pull in rune.

Full build at the moment revolved around judgement with 80% crit and 100% crit dam on law of valor to rip through ANY elite pack, I run condemn with vacuum and blind shield with 9 wrath per target blinded.

Passives are just a bunch of block related ones and finery.

Thinking about dropping condemn for maybe consecrate or UFO beam or even akarat rally.

Being a melee crusader is a lot of fun especially with all the zany stuff you can do with block.

Skye

jiMmyhx.png

The saddest gloves: perfect crit chance, perfect attack speed, near perfect crit damage.

No fourth property to enchant. :(

Cipherr

Went from 300k dps and 2m toughness to 650k dps and 4.1m toughness today. I want to get to at least 700k dps or so before moving to T1.

Zemm

I've enjoyed running bounties on normal with three others. That speedrun mentality with the known good reward at the end is nice. It makes me think blizzard should add a speedrun competitive mode instead of the pvp arena.

Went from 300k dps and 2m toughness to 650k dps and 4.1m toughness today. I want to get to at least 700k dps or so before moving to T1.

If you party with a good group you are fine for T1.

Unless you can carry a 4 player game, the group is more important than your individual stats (as long as they are decent).

Sanctuary

I don't understand. Do you unsocket because you're not sure if the new item is an upgrade with the gem? Otherwise there's absolutely no reason to not scrap the item that has the gem.

I have a friend who plays a WD, and is only sitting at 300k DPS. He insists on "farming" T1, so I don't bother playing with him. He thinks he "kills things very quickly", but the hell he does. I have issues sometimes at 550k (+30% orb, +17% cold and 20% electrocute damage) on a Wizard. If you can't 1-2 shot the most basic trash and 3-4 shot the medium or slightly larger enemies, you're in the wrong difficulty.

Cipherr

I have a friend who plays a WD, and is only sitting at 300k DPS. He insists on "farming" T1, so I don't bother playing with him. He thinks he "kills things very quickly", but the hell he does. I have issues sometimes at 550k (+30% orb, +17% cold and 20% electrocute damage) on a Wizard. If you can't 1-2 shot the most basic trash and 3-4 shot the medium or slightly larger enemies, you're in the wrong difficulty.

I feel the same way. Thats why Im trying to wait. I hope to get too 700k or so with maybe 10-15% cold and 10-30% orb (depending on drops from now until that point) so that T1 can feel a lot smoother. I don't want to be wailing away on a pack for 5 minutes. Makes the game very unfun if I cant finish bounties quickly. Id rather lower the difficulty than do that.

I don't understand. Do you unsocket because you're not sure if the new item is an upgrade with the gem? Otherwise there's absolutely no reason to not scrap the item that has the gem.

Yeah they should probably do a PSA about this. If you get a upgrade with sockets, salvage the old item and the gems come to your inventory free of charge. I don't know if people cared about that before the expansion since gold was flying everywhere, but it makes a difference now.

Danj

Just got paid yesterday, so I picked this up after work. Bit weird getting back in to Diablo 3 after such a long break (I played it a bunch of times when it first came out but ended up getting stuck on Inferno difficulty or something). Thankfully unlike Diablo 2 I don't have to root around in backups for old save games or whatever, my level 60 character was still there waiting and still somewhat awesome.

Kind of sucks that if I want to upgrade my equipment now, I have to wait and hope some elite or boss drops something that's better than what I have. And I hear all the good stuff is account bound now so I couldn't even trade with friends or whatever.

Still fun though, I spent like 3 hours doing the first part of Act V and even forgot to have dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom