• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they should probably do a PSA about this. If you get a upgrade with sockets, salvage the old item and the gems come to your inventory free of charge. I don't know if people cared about that before the expansion since gold was flying everywhere, but it makes a difference now.

If you salvage an item that has a gem in it, the gem goes into your inventory for free? Mind. Blown.

Zemm

There's a lot more incentives to keep your replaced gear now, assuming it's still good. A single legendary or two can completely changed the way you want to build and suddenly that old item is better than the newer one. I don't save everything but there are a few I have kept just incase and had to remove gems from them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you salvage an item that has a gem in it, the gem goes into your inventory for free? Mind. Blown.
But if you put a gem in a bought item and sell the item, you lose the gem.

Buying is mostly worthless tho except for a couple times when you're leveling a new character, so whatevs.

Nymerio

I found the Shard of Hate on my monk. It's ridiculous. I'm now using the Way of the Hundred Fists rune where the third attack is long range to get the cold proc from the shard. The tooltip says there's a chance that the effect procs but the proc rate is 100%. I think this effectively doubled my dps when attacking with WotHF. Crazy. And the best thing is that the proc pierces through all enemies.

05C9qvx.jpg

I just wish there was a proc for fire attacks as well.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
welp i just wasted all of my gold and 13 forgotten souls trying to get ele damage on my helm

sometimes i really hate this fucking game

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hadn't realized that gems have no level requirement.

That seems broken for low levels. A ruby in a weapon socket, especially now that Marquise drop like candy at lvl 60, makes irrelevant work of dudes at lvl 20. When I figured it out a Marquise ruby quintupled my DPS.

Ashodin

crusaderwrathsgkfb.gif

Crusader'd hard today!

viXnxzO.jpg

The healing is a lie. It's 18K but my pants are converting Life Per Second into Damage Per Second. It's gross!

joesmokey

Thunderfury can have some unfortunate procs and pull double elites in some of these rifts. Definitely makes things more exciting, haha.

mandiller

If I'm collecting horadric caches with my lvl 30ish Crusader. Is it a good idea to not open them all until I get to levl 70...or do the item levels inside already get assigned when I'm given the cache?

jns

hey guys, I just got a set-leg (boots, Blackthorns) doing normal map runs? I thought set pieces could only drop on T1? Or is that just class specific stuff?

[edit] and now I have a full blackthorns set .... great?

A couple questions, returning after a long time away.

Have a 70 ungeared barb, if I wanted to do the common whirlwind builds that I see what are some recommended gear/stat requirements to shoot for.

Also, is it still possible to find good gear for other characters? Like can I find a good wizard legendary on my monk for instance.

Seil

If I'm collecting horadric caches with my lvl 30ish Crusader. Is it a good idea to not open them all until I get to levl 70...or do the item levels inside already get assigned when I'm given the cache?

Item level is set when you obtain the cache. Tested that soon after unlocking adventure mode by opening one from my crusader on my wizard.

The only gear that one dropped was a wand, though, so the contents may be generated for the class opening the cache. Haven't done further testing on that.

Ok, sorry for 2 posts, but tI just had a plan set drop still doing normal bounties? (sage's)

Only certain legendaries and class set items are limited to Torment. Plans also don't count toward the legendary counter, so obtaining them won't reset your legendary chances.

jns

Item level is set when you obtain the cache. Tested that soon after unlocking adventure mode by opening one from my crusader on my wizard.

The only gear that one dropped was a wand, though, so the contents may be generated for the class opening the cache. Haven't done further testing on that.

Only certain legendaries and class set items are limited to Torment. Plans also don't count toward the legendary counter, so obtaining them won't reset your legendary chances.

Thanks for the heads up mate :)

The new Hellfire Ring is no joke. Took me about two hours to farm the keys to make just ONE Infernal Machine. When the organ drop rates are 25% on T1 as well and you need 4...

It's gonna take awhile. Forget about even trying to make optimal ones - you're pretty much gonna be stuck with what you roll.

Wizard can comfortably farm T1 now though - 530kish sheet DPS buffed with some massive non-sheet bonuses that probably push me close to 800k or so effective.

Caleb187

The new Hellfire Ring is no joke. Took me about two hours to farm the keys to make just ONE Infernal Machine. When the organ drop rates are 25% on T1 as well and you need 4...

It's gonna take awhile. Forget about even trying to make optimal ones - you're pretty much gonna be stuck with what you roll.

Wizard can comfortably farm T1 now though - 530kish sheet DPS buffed with some massive non-sheet bonuses that probably push me close to 800k or so effective.

Speaking of which, is it even worthwhile to try to farm for a new 70 Hellfire Ring? The time and resource sink for that ring is enormous, doesn't seem to be worth it when you can just farm normal adventure mode for easy legendaries that can roll better stats. I never see anybody in clan or general chat farming keywardens.

I hadn't realized that gems have no level requirement.

That seems broken for low levels. A ruby in a weapon socket, especially now that Marquise drop like candy at lvl 60, makes irrelevant work of dudes at lvl 20. When I figured it out a Marquise ruby quintupled my DPS.

It is broken. When I got a weapon socket I was able to start running T3 on my 16ish Crusader. I got almost two full levels from a cursed chest (I have an imperial ruby in my helmet too, got that around level 20. I just killed Leoric and hit 25 or 26 (started act 1 at level 1)

What stat should I prioritise for my Demon Hunter after Dexterity?

I don't follow any specific skill build so I would like to keep my stats as efficient as I can. For skills I am just playing around with bolta shot and chakram for my primary skills and a combination of caltrops, vault and companion(boar) to keep myself distanced. Though mobs still manage to get in melee range especially in tight areas and my discipline is low.

That isn't RNG, that is just bad design. I opened 10 today w/o a single leg, I couldn't imagine how soul crushing 30 would be. You should get a leg 25% of the time out of either caches or Rift guardians. Lets remember that well over 75% of all legs are going to be crap that you cannot fix even with the mystic.

Right now its prolly closer to 5-10% on caches/rifts.

SRTtoZ

Worked my Crusader very hard today and got him to 70. I've been trying to focus on survivability over DPS so my stats right now are at 255k dps and 13 million toughness, mixed with all resist, vitality and armor of course. Loving it a lot because the play style is so much more interesting than my Wizzy.

Tschis

Hi!

Can anyone explain to me how did Blizzard "fix" Diablo 3?

I saw a post on /r/gaming that went along the lines of "Good guy blizzard, said they would fix Diablo 3. Fixed the hell out of Diablo 3"

I was wondering what changed. I played the game as it came out, so I know a lot probably has changed. But what was the main features that were "broken" that they "fixed"?

Thanks in advance!

//tx

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hi!

I saw a post on /r/gaming that went along the lines of "Good guy blizzard, said they would fix Diablo 3. Fixed the hell out of Diablo 3"

I was wondering what changed. I played the game as it came out, so I know a lot probably has changed. But what was the main features that were "broken" that they "fixed"?

Thanks in advance!

//tx

In a nutshell - the loot is better and now you don't have to replay the campaign over and over again to get more loot.

Xyphie

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

//tx

Mainly the loot system (it was too random in how it distributed stats making it tedious getting upgrades. For example before you could get intellect on your barbarian gear, now it mostly targets the class you're playing on, so a barb/crusader gets STR, DH/Monk gets DEX etc) and the lack of end-game content. They introduced adventure mode which gives you something do to other than running the best optimized zone in the game like you did before (more variety).

Some people will probably say removal of trading (AH) but I never saw that as an issue.

Seil

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

//tx

Auction House is no longer a thing. Whether this is good or bad depends on who you ask.

Difficulty modes have been entirely overhauled. You can switch between the difficulties freely and enemies scale with your level.

Loot is now inclined to roll for the class that obtained it. So, you'll more often than not roll int on items picked up by a wizard and a wizard isn't likely to come across a fist weapon.

A system's in place to lessen dry streaks when it comes to legendaries. Can still happen, but people should find legendaries far more often on average.

General balancing of classes has happened, as well, of course. And so on.

Expansion adds a fifth act, sixth class and a new mode that adds more variety to the game. Also adds the mystic which lets you change the appearance of gear and re-roll stats.

GorillaJu

I made a big mistake in my re-rolling on this shield. The extra wrath is nice, but I could have turned hte socket into a ~10% crit chance.

This is the primary reason I can't stick with this build except for the novelty. It brings me down to 550k DPS from 780k.

But holy shit it's fun :)

v33oyy9.png

MieqBby.png
X3RYJS6.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Here's a random question - do you need to play on Torment to get recipe drops to make set gear? Do they count against the Legendary counter?

Won

Hit level 70 with my Crusader. Still not sure what to think of the class. Feels so dull. Probably gonna stick to Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter.

On the other side the game gave me a Blade of Prophecy 30 seconds into my first rift. To condemn or not to condemn.....

GorillaJu

Hit level 70 with my Crusader. Still not sure what to think of the class. Feels so dull. Probably gonna stick to Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter.

On the other side the game gave me a Blade of Prophecy 30 seconds into my first rift. To condemn or not to condemn.....

Wow. Condemn is Crusader's best spell IMO, which makes it a no-brainer if you have a Blade of Prophecy.

I pop Provoke (Charged up) and Laws of Valor (Critical), then use Heaven's Fury and Condemned. It blows shit up in hilarious fashion. I can't imagine if I had a Blade of Prophecy.

Crusader is indeed pretty dull and boring until you get geared up.

My ideal build is to run what I have now, but replace my right click (Sweep Attack) with Heaven's Fury (Fires of Heaven). But first I need to get a damn Fate of the Fell to turn Heaven's Fury into Heaven's Shotgun.

GorillaJu

I wonder if I'll ever upgrade these gloves, nothing has even come remotely close yet.

jJfGzpJEMzRdg.png

It'll be hard to replace those. I have an almost identical pair that are slightly better because they're lvl 70.

I can't replace mine and I have a dilemma like yours. I have the lvl 70 Cain's recipe, and I want to craft the Cain's gloves and belt for the +8.0% attack speed buff. But that would mean replacing my gloves, and I think the chances of a good roll on 2 out of the 4 properties is a big ask.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2/3 THE DREAM!!!

PxHg5jC.jpg

Boogdud

Well I think I partially figured out my problem with having such old gear (I still have a couple 40 lvl rings and 50 shoulders and amulet). I am just flat out not getting drops for those slots. The ones I've gotten have not been better than what I have equipped they have such terrible rolls and they have been very few and far between. I've gotten zero legs for those slots and only a couple yellows. Most are a significant downgrade in one of the stats and a marginal update in the other two.

Hopefully my luck will start to change in adv mode.

Chaos17

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

//tx
Here's a big recap : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...e-Blue-Tweets-Carbot-Diablols-Reaper-of-Souls

What the fuck, they upped Legendary drop rates but it feels to fucking high.

They are going to kill the longevity even more, they should have nerfed drop rate on below Torment 1 and left it the same. This morning alone I've upgraded massively three pieces and I've barely played.

I have a friend who plays a WD, and is only sitting at 300k DPS. He insists on "farming" T1, so I don't bother playing with him. He thinks he "kills things very quickly", but the hell he does. I have issues sometimes at 550k (+30% orb, +17% cold and 20% electrocute damage) on a Wizard. If you can't 1-2 shot the most basic trash and 3-4 shot the medium or slightly larger enemies, you're in the wrong difficulty.

DPS isn't totally accurate anymore IMO. What if he has a lot in % with poison damage and is hitting way harder than his DPS would indicate. Also he can use totem to increase everyone in the group's attack speed. Little things like this are forgotten if you look at only DPS. Also do WD if he's fully stacked with soul harvest that can be a huge boost to his base DPS with the other things I listed above.

Zemm

I'm not sure what to spend my blood shards on.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zemme-2316/hero/35671218

My actual paper dps is 630k and for some reason the enchants aren't showing. My gloves, bracers and offhand are going to be so hard to replace, I guess legs is what I should be going for, or maybe a chest.

DPS isn't totally accurate anymore IMO. What if he has a lot in % with poison damage and is hitting way harder than his DPS would indicate. Also he can use totem to increase everyone in the group's attack speed. Little things like this are forgotten if you look at only DPS. Also do WD if he's fully stacked with soul harvest that can be a huge boost to his base DPS with the other things I listed above.

Witch Doctors also have 4 pets (usually) which are very good at tanking and allowing other players to nuke away trouble free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom