• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm not sure what to spend my blood shards on.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zemme-2316/hero/35671218

My actual paper dps is 630k and for some reason the enchants aren't showing. My gloves, bracers and offhand are going to be so hard to replace, I guess legs is what I should be going for, or maybe a chest.

Off-hand can roll 5 affixes
Your shoulders are bad (can roll 4 primaries as well)
Gloves are crap rolls
Wrist armor stat is worthless

Nokterian

GAF, I completed Act V now I wanna level up a crusader, what is the fastest way to do it? Anyone got some tips?

Well what did you unlock after playing Act V? Right Adventure Mode. It's the best way to level new chars like Crusader and other classes.

I made a big mistake in my re-rolling on this shield. The extra wrath is nice, but I could have turned hte socket into a ~10% crit chance.

This is the primary reason I can't stick with this build except for the novelty. It brings me down to 550k DPS from 780k.

But holy shit it's fun :)

v33oyy9.png

MieqBby.png
X3RYJS6.png

Captain Crusader! Looks damn awesome :D

Zemm

My gloves are posted on the previous page, I've just noticed the actual stats in-game are different than what's on the armory as well :/ It also isn't showing enchants so those bracers don't have armor in-game. Shoulders and off-hand looks the two main things I should be going for then, cheers!

edit: wow, comparing my gear in-game and in armory and it's a joke, it's so different.

ferr

So they up'd the leg chance on the blood shard merchant.. would it be wise to use blood shards on T6 or is that merchant independent of the game's difficulty? Wonder if sets can come from normal through her.

ZenaxPure

Today is the day I find a Thunderfury and Bottomless poition.

It's not :(

Oddly enough I totally got a thunderfury AND a legendary potion yesterday.... except the tf was on my level 51 crusader.

The potion is awesome though. The extra effect is so-so (11% armor when I use it, mostly just rolled really low) but just having infinite potions is fucking amazing.

Had so much fun running normal bounties last night with a friend and two guild mates. Also got to do my first two rifts and they were pretty awesome too, but yield nowhere near as many legendaries.

Seil

So they up'd the leg chance on the blood shard merchant.. would it be wise to use blood shards on T6 or is that merchant independent of the game's difficulty? Wonder if sets can come from normal through her.

Her legendary list consists of every legendary that isn't limited to Torment or caches. Not all sets are limited to Torment, either.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
These weapons with lowered lvl requirement are going to be insane for when i make a low lvl alt.
Pi6kPRU.png

And the model itself is pretty cool.
geMlGY1.png

yukonrye

Came across a strange bug.

My first trek into adventure mode after beating Act V. I was in the middle of my second bounty quest on Act III and I had to leave. I ported back to town and left the game running. Came back 3 hours later and not only had my game not dc'd from idling but the other bounties were completed. The completion text box was on the screen and the horadric cache was in my bag.

Cynar

Hi!

Can anyone explain to me how did Blizzard "fix" Diablo 3?

I saw a post on /r/gaming that went along the lines of "Good guy blizzard, said they would fix Diablo 3. Fixed the hell out of Diablo 3"

I was wondering what changed. I played the game as it came out, so I know a lot probably has changed. But what was the main features that were "broken" that they "fixed"?

Thanks in advance!

//tx
Removal of the auction house. :)

Azulsky

I need to keep a eye on affixes on items that increase my damage from a spell for example.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47999-understanding-the-truth-behind-the-damage-tooltip

I have been seeing them on yellow bracers mostly. I have been doing Cyclone + Lashing Tail Kick both with the lightning runes and I happened on a 15% Lightning damage pair of bracers. GLORIOUS

http://i.imgur.com/KQUQzyR.png

These weapons with lowered lvl requirement are going to be insane for when i make a low lvl alt.

Yes they are
http://i.imgur.com/KmKjLn9.png

I havent gotten anything but gems from chests worth while
----

Questions about drops and difficulty levels

So Kadala
- Does it matter what difficulty I got the blood shards from
- Do my chances of her dropping legs change with my MF when I buy
- Does my difficulty matter when I am cashing in the shards

Horadric Stashes
- Same as above
----

I was running around Normal seeing what the bounty reward difference vs speed difference was and this drops off Rakanoth. I think I rolled Lashing tail kick % bonus away for the Health return. This plus a huge orb bonus on my boots now gives me 50k healing.

http://i.imgur.com/vycDMyF.png?1

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
2/3 THE DREAM!!!

http://i.imgur.com/PxHg5jC.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And I have yet to see even one (whether in vanilla or now), and its the one item in the game I want more than any other

Fuck you yoshi ;_;

[spoiler]Okay not really, but that picture is just painful for me to see :(

Just wish the game would give me a bitching TF already.[/spoiler]

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Horadric caches certainly have some sort of scaling because I was collecting them as I leveled and all the gems that were dropping were below lvl 50

Dahbomb

Are there special types of rifts? Dark rifts our something?
I don't know about special rifts but some have weird themes.

Like there was this one rift I was in that was filled with nothing but Shadow vermins and those mini Diablo looking enemies from Act 4. All the packs in the rift were Yellow elites that didn't have a single minion with them... very weird.

And some rifts pack it to the brim with the elite. I am talking like 20 in one area. It's rare though.. I have only ran into this twice and it usually happens on the 2 same maps as well.

Then of course Cow rift, Pony level rift, Treasure goblin rift. These are very rare too.

Westonian

Came across a strange bug.

My first trek into adventure mode after beating Act V. I was in the middle of my second bounty quest on Act III and I had to leave. I ported back to town and left the game running. Came back 3 hours later and not only had my game not dc'd from idling but the other bounties were completed. The completion text box was on the screen and the horadric cache was in my bag.
Your user name isn't pastafarian, is it? Because that wasn't a bug, your game was public and I jumped in and finished the rest of act 3 bounties.

Vade

which stats should I reroll? I assume the straft or the hate generation, but not sure which one is shitter
2f3DZcE.png

Dahbomb

Hatred regen is damn good on a DH, it's a great stat to have.

I would re-roll the Strafe to a skill that you plan on using in your build.

Quivers can roll the following skills: Cluster Arrow, Multishot, Elemental Arrow, Strafe, Chakram, Rapid Fire and Impale. I would personally try to get Cluster Arrow as that's the skill I use with my DH.

kirblar

If anyone from Blizz is reading, please look at 50-60 levelling rates. It grinds to a relative halt and doesnt make sense in context of new 70 cap.

Firemind

If anyone from Blizz is reading, please look at 50-60 levelling rates. It grinds to a relative halt and doesnt make sense in context of new 70 cap.

Indeed. I find killing highly densed mobs helps. Which is why I keep doing the Witch quest and stop just before the ram. It's like 1.5-2 levels per run.

XenodudeX

Anyone else feel the crusader is really weak? I just do so little damage that I takes me forever to kill champions and bosses. I keep switching around builds but nothing seems to work.

huxley00

Anyone else feel the crusader is really weak? I just do so little damage that I takes me forever to kill champions and bosses. I keep switching around builds but nothing seems to work.
Yeah, it's pretty tough. It seems like he is a tank class for a game that doesn't really need one. Heavy DPS allows killing elites so quickly, tanking is unnecessary. It may have uses at very high torment level but the rewards don't seem to scale enough at that level to be worth it, idk.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

My Bombardment crits for 60 million and I have the Flail that makes it hit twice, so every elite pack dies instantly on T1. Even with Bombardment on CD I don't really have much trouble on T1. Here's my build for reference:

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So if I am geared just below t1, should I just be going through normal for the better drops for now?

I'm curious about this as well.

My Bombardment crits for 60 million and I have the Flail that makes it hit twice, so every elite pack dies instantly on T1. Even with Bombardment on CD I don't really have much trouble on T1. Here's my build for reference:

Why don't you use Lord Commander passive + cooldown reduction?

Dahbomb

He's not a tank... because if he is he isn't a very good one by default.

He's like a mid range type character with good survivability. Like some hybrid between a Witch Doctor and a Barbarian but without the strengths of either.

I have actually started a Crusader now and I have a build in mind. I hope it works as well in the game as it does in my head lol.

My Bombardment crits for 60 million and I have the Flail that makes it hit twice, so every elite pack dies instantly on T1. Even with Bombardment on CD I don't really have much trouble on T1.
Your items? It would be helpful for me as well as most other people playing Crusader (as he's new so people don't know what's good). I know what I want to do with my Crusader but I am still interested in other people's stuff.

huxley00

He's not a tank... because if he is he isn't a very good one by default.

He's like a mid range type character with good survivability. Like some hybrid between a Witch Doctor and a Barbarian but without the strengths of either.

I have actually started a Crusader now and I have a build in mind. I hope it works as well in the game as it does in my head lol.
Yeah, good point, let us know how it goes!

Yup. I found a few upgrades by running bounty runs on normal for the horadric cache's. As long as you are level 70, good items still have the chance to drop. I actually found my Thunderfury the other day while doing a normal bounty run.

Hmm I think I'll try it. Any monks have a recommended skill build for damage on normal? Mine has some serious mitigation.

Edit: I tried epiphany for a bit, but I hate that high cool down.

Fularu

Banned
Since it happens a lot

Guys, stop comming into other people's game when you CAN'T handle the content and are just lookign at people to carry you

It's fucking rude.

Hint if you have 1.5 million thoughness and 120k DPS, your place ISN'T in a Torment 1 rift

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't you use Lord Commander passive + cooldown reduction?

I don't feel Lord Commander is needed, it's up for most elite packs already. I will be putting CDR in my helm if I ever get a socketed helm.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Since it happens a lot

Guys, stop comming into other people's game when you CAN'T handle the content and are just lookign at people to carry you

It's fucking rude.

Hint if you have 1.5 million thoughness and 120k DPS, your place ISN'T in a Torment 1 rift

I went into T1 with 450k and still felt way out of place

Why even bother with 120?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom