• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

So monk-gaf, any of you running with epiphany in your builds?
Most people are but I am not.

However, if I make a Fire Monk I will be using Epiphany plus the final rune. It's a huge DPS boost if you combine it with +% Fire damage mods.

I am thinking something like:

Fire Ally
Epiphany - Last rune
LTK - Fire kick
Exploding Palm (because it's OP as hell and every Monk should use it)
Sunstrike - Implosion
Random fire Spirit Generator like Crippling Wave - Mangle

The Fire ally would make up for not having a Mantra on although I might change that in groups for the Unity buff. Maybe MoE Backlash. Fire Ally is actually pretty good, it gives you 10% damage boost for free along with slight DPS from the ally itself and a mini SSS move.

Guys, stop comming into other people's game when you CAN'T handle the content and are just lookign at people to carry you
LMAO!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hmm I think I'll try it. Any monks have a recommended skill build for damage on normal? Mine has some serious mitigation.

Edit: I tried epiphany for a bit, but I hate that high cool down.

For normal pretty much anything will work, but speed is best.
So I'd recommend WotHF + holy rune, Cyclone + Implosion, Dashing strike + 3 charge rune.

Everything else would just be filler.

So monk-gaf, any of you running with epiphany in your builds?

I've tried it, but that cooldown is a real deterrent. I've heard of people using it with the fire rune.

Azulsky

You can still get the same rares on normal that you can on Torment.

You are just forgoing set items and imperial gems really.

Won

Anyone else feel the crusader is really weak? I just do so little damage that I takes me forever to kill champions and bosses. I keep switching around builds but nothing seems to work.

Not weak, just awkward. Your wrath builers and spenders are just a sideshow for some crazy burst abilities that are on cooldowns. Akarat's Champion with Rally will melt everything on the screen, but after that it seems to be a waiting game for the most part.

Lucis

Anyone tried to farm Mystical Source for Sage set
Man I must have ran like 15 whimshire and seen at least 7-8 named that can to drop, no drop so far =(

I have done it in T1 and T2

Whats the consensus on a leveling build for the Crusader? Or is there one. I tried to look through the thread here, and I apologize if its been repeated ad nauseam. Thanks!

Granadier

Whats the consensus on a leveling build for the Crusader? Or is there one. I tried to look through the thread here, and I apologize if its been repeated ad nauseam. Thanks!

Pretty much just use whatever you like.

isual

alol

250k DPS and 9million unbuffed toughness and I'm doing ok in torment 2.

Barb of course; which means I have to tank the front lines.

RS4-

ijYTZ8aL5zEtg.jpg

Had enough time this morning to do one rift and play the lottery with trying to get a socket on the MMS.

And I did.

Sadly, RNG continues to fuck me over with bad drops and two emeralds after 10 bounties and four rifts.

Like really, wtf. Oh I did craft the new hallowed fist...and it had no dex, just vit, bad damage roll as well. GG.

Wesleyt

Neo Member
Anyone else feel the crusader is really weak? I just do so little damage that I takes me forever to kill champions and bosses. I keep switching around builds but nothing seems to work.

Mine feels pretty powerful. I can melt pretty much anything on t1 in a matter of seconds. My profile is Wesleyt1236 on the Americas servers. I'm in the gaf overflow clan. If u want to look me up sometime.

J-Rzez

dwKx8Tv.png

And not a damn thing dropped.

I did that yesterday and got some legendaries. Mostly junk, except I got these pants (can't remember the name) which makes you stop regenerating life, but has a 14m bluish aura on the ground and does 982% of your life regen as dmg to enemies per sec. Pretty neat effect.

So what's the consensus on how to do rifts? Do people just clear until the boss spawns and then remake it or do the entire thing. I've been full clearing but sometimes when I get the boss on floor 3 or 4 of a 7 floor rift I kinda feel like I'm wasting my time.

Also does it feel like there are less champs after the boss dies? Maybe I'm just crazy.

Dahbomb

So what's the most anyone has wasted on enchanting?

Right now I have wasted 15 Forgotten Souls on trying to get a Socket on a Doom Bringer. Fucking Vitality rolls keep coming up it's ridiculous. It's still going by the way... not only have I run out of Souls I have run out of gold as well!

This is a gambler's game for sure. You are always fiending for that Forgotten Soul so you can get one more roll on that Legendary to make it just perfect.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the consensus on how to do rifts? Do people just clear until the boss spawns and then remake it or do the entire thing. I've been full clearing but sometimes when I get the boss on floor 3 or 4 of a 7 floor rift I kinda feel like I'm wasting my time.

Also does it feel like there are less champs after the boss dies? Maybe I'm just crazy.

I leave and make a new game as soon as the Rift boss is dead. I'm there mostly for Forgotten Souls and Blood Shards.

RS4-

Right now I have wasted 15 Forgotten Souls on trying to get a Socket on a Doom Bringer. Fucking Vitality rolls keep coming up it's ridiculous. It's still going by the way... not only have I run out of Souls I have run out of gold as well!

This is a gambler's game for sure. You are always fiending for that Forgotten Soul so you can get one more roll on that Legendary to make it just perfect.

Pretty sure I've done at least 15m on 3 rings. Kept two, found a third trifecta last night that won't really help my dps.

Probably 10 souls on MMS that didn't roll socket until my very last soul.

isual

do you check the possible changes? its the question mark next to the stat you want to change

Wow....it must take you half a day to do a rift.

not really. Since I do PUGs, most folks are wiz/dh. Since they cant take a lot of damage, I just stay in the front lines and hold fast.

Dahbomb

do you check the possible changes? its the question mark next to the stat you want to change
I have checked it so many times just to confirm I have not gone crazy. There is clearly a Socket at the end of the list.

My theory is that some stats are weighted to roll at higher percentage. Stuff like main stat and Vit have a higher chance of rolling than say a Socket. IMO getting Dexterity or Vitality on a piece is WAY WAY easier than getting let's say a socket or a crit chance.

80 mil on a shit rare wrist.
What were you trying to get?

Rolling Rares has been pretty easy for me (no need to burn Souls, just Death Breaths which I have a lot of) unless you are going for like perfect crit chance on them. I don't bother with that yet... right now I just want the right combination stats over pure min/maxing.

isual

I have checked it so many times just to confirm I have not gone crazy. There is clearly a Socket at the end of the list.

My theory is that some stats are weighted to roll at higher percentage. Stuff like main stat and Vit have a higher chance of rolling than say a Socket. IMO getting Dexterity or Vitality on a piece is WAY WAY easier than getting let's say a socket or a crit chance.

well, it is at the bottom of the list. so it should be more difficult to get.

pahamrick

Got a legendary quiver for my DH off Kadala right after hitting 70 and it only took 125 bloodshards.

Even if nothing else drops the rest of the day, my day has been made.

Kssio_Aug

Man, it sucks. I powerleveled so many people who asked, including my friends, and everytime I ask for help to powerlevel my characters no one can. =/

Radec

Its awesome that yesterday, only 2-3 peeps are doing Adventure@ Normal runs.

Today, it was 300-400+.

And they know what to do, each doing separate bounties.

I got pretty good results from these normal runs than on Torment.

I now have the leg. dagger, The Barber, at ilvl 28, 50, 61, and 70. My goal is to get a lower level one and maybe something around ~40, so I can level the entire way through a new hardcore char. just with The Barber.

scy

My Crusader is basically a Cluster Arrow DH build but with better Damage% on her main skill (FoH's 950% vs Cluster's 770%) and better Crowd Control in the Condemn vacuum and the stunlock Blind. I still have some CDR% upgrades to do (and a few better rolls here-and-there to break 1M base DPS) to tighten up things.

Infinite crowd control, some group utility buffs, and super high burst damage along with being a super tank.

huxley00

Since it happens a lot

Guys, stop comming into other people's game when you CAN'T handle the content and are just lookign at people to carry you

It's fucking rude.

Hint if you have 1.5 million thoughness and 120k DPS, your place ISN'T in a Torment 1 rift
That's kinda rude, were in a clan to help each other and have fun, at least that's why I'm in it.

The Cowboy

I want to play adventure mode so bad, but have to wait until Wednesday until my money clears - dam you banks, dam you to ACT V of Diablo 3!!!,

Xevren

Oh man, if I could get a socket on one of my Hallowed weapons it'd pretty much be perfect. Downside? Over 40 forgotten souls later.....yeahhhh. Probably cutting my losses on that one sadly, just too expensive.

After doing a few Torment I runs with my 455k DPS/10.2mil Toughness Wizard, I'm going to have to say Tank Wizard is best Wizard.

EDIT: And by a few, I mean fifteen hours of Torment I runs over these past few days.

Granadier

Man, it sucks. I powerleveled so many people who asked, including my friends, and everytime I ask for help to powerlevel my characters no one can. =/

I'll power level you if you still need it.

Add me ingame: Granadier#1345

datamage

Can you only use new legendary drops for transmogrification? Can't use any that were saved in your stash prior to RoS? (But post 2.0?) :/

Dahbomb

Oh man, if I could get a socket on one of my Hallowed weapons it'd pretty much be perfect. Downside? Over 40 forgotten souls later.....yeahhhh. Probably cutting my losses on that one sadly, just too expensive.
Do Set pieces require 2 Forgotten Souls?

Because I have a Set belt that I have been Enchanting and it asks for 2 Souls each time. Pretty fucking ridiculous IMO so I am saving that one for last.

Its awesome that yesterday, only 2-3 peeps are doing Adventure@ Normal runs.

Today, it was 300-400+.

And they know what to do, each doing separate bounties.

I got pretty good results from these normal runs than on Torment.

Public normal bounty runs? hmmmmm

RS4-

Do Set pieces require 2 Forgotten Souls?

Because I have a Set belt that I have been Enchanting and it asks for 2 Souls each time. Pretty fucking ridiculous IMO so I am saving that one for last.

Yeah, any sort of leg requires two minimum. I don't know if there's any that need three.

Seil

None of the ones I have saved show up for transmog though? :/ (And they are all from 2.0.1) My mystic is also level 12..

They should be. Confirmed by this post.

All legendary skins I've identified since my return were unlocked no problem when I got the mystic. Not counting crafted legendaries, anyway.

zychi

Banned
Would anyone be willing to power level me later? I'm in the clan, I played this on ps3 when it released and got to level 50, but have completely started over in d3 on PC. I don't have reaper of souls yet(bought CE but still waiting on amazon). I'm on act 2 normal and only level 16. I'll be on all night after 5pm cst.

Zemm

I have a 3.3k dps Warmonger, if I stick that on a Crusader with that Heavenly Strength passive will it act like a 1hander? Isn't that kind of insane?

Veezy

que?
So, I just got into DIII. At what point does one jump up to the next difficulty level past normal then to hard and so on? Any good tips for a new player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom