• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plake

I got a decent leg belt drop but enchanted the wrong slot. Felt so stupidly dumb. Luckily the item wasn't very important. It would have killed me if it was like a super important set piece.

Next time I will be extra careful enchanting items just before dinner time and I'm starving.

So, I just got into DIII. At what point does one jump up to the next difficulty level past normal then to hard and so on? Any good tips for a new player?

Start in hard or expert. If they're too hard just drop the difficulty.

KarmaCow

So, I just got into DIII. At what point does one jump up to the next difficulty level past normal then to hard and so on? Any good tips for a new player?

I reccomend jumping to the highest level and then lowering to where you feel comfortable with how well you survive and how long it takes you to kill things.

Zemm

Yeah that's the best thing that the Crusader has going for them.

texas-tech-bell-ringer.gif

time to get levelling then.

J2d

I remember when a mempo dropping had your heart rate going 200 as you identified it, now it's an instant brimstone =(

Dahbomb

I remember when a mempo dropping had your heart rate going 200 as you identified it, now it's an instant brimstone =(
Doesn't it come with main stat, attack speed and socket? That's still better than most other helms out there. You can just roll a stat into crit.

Unless you are one of those folks using legacy overpowered Mempo. If so then shame on you!

RDreamer

Found a sweet Thundergod's Vigor for my monk. Pretty perfect since he uses lightning resist. I'm pumped to be able to test it out, even though I've been having a blast with my high damage DH. So much easier to rack up the dmg as a DH. It's refreshing.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Man, decided to try dropping down to normal to see how fast I can get through things, and 5 minutes in I find my first transmog set piece.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Kadala is my boo. Gave me Firewalkers and Vile Ward today, both solid upgrades over my previous yellow items in those slots. Thank u based Kadala.

80 mil on a shit rare wrist.
3mil but was worth..
Ring with 49%dmg on crit,379 dex, 6% crit, 6% asp...
Pretty good quadrifecta..
The other One is really similar but has vit instead of asp.. I'll reroll asp instead of vit at a later stage i guess..
Now what i need is either a krierbow with high dmg (2500+ would be optimal but 2400 COULD do) or a generic 2600 bow/xbow and i'm golden..
Currently rocking 692k dps, 4.8m toughness and i have a +15% on ice dmg (elemental arrow runed for frost) and a +15% on elemental arrow..
I could scrap out an additional +15% on my next heard piece but We'll see..
Btw managed to get a neck
590ish dex
9,5 crit
100% crit dmg
And a socket... Think i'll replace my haunt of vaxo for the time being ;)

Ultratech

Got some decent stuff this morning, but man, I really need a better weapon for my WD.
Got a Leg 1H Sword to drop the other day, but it's not much of a damage increase, and I lose almost 20% Toughness if I use it.
(Sitting at about 263k DPS right now. :| )

Piranhas + Zombie Bears is pretty good after trying that out this morning doing Rifts/Bounties.
I tried the Tower rune, and while it does a lot of damage, it also eats up a lot of Mana quickly.
(Bears run into a similar issue, but you can hit a lot more stuff with it.)

On a funny note, got Spaulders of Zakara today, so death is now just an inconvenience.

I'd say once you get quite a few Blue/Yellow items on you, move up the difficulty.

From there, it's just a matter of moving it up if stuff feels too easy.

joesmokey

So is anyone doing anything above T1 right now? I can do T1 just as fast as Normal these days and T2 doesn't take me too much longer except for some of the named elites. T3 and 4 are doable, but I don't really see a reason as I don't care about paragon level too much. I'm not sure what they changed with the legendary drop rate, if it scales well with higher torment levels or not really.

J-Rzez

Got a legendary quiver for my DH off Kadala right after hitting 70 and it only took 125 bloodshards.

Even if nothing else drops the rest of the day, my day has been made.

Yeah, I was lucky and got one off her too. Which was odd because it went yellow, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, orange lol. I do miss my bola's exploding on contact though. :(

Dahbomb

So is anyone doing anything above T1 right now? I can do T1 just as fast as Normal these days and T2 doesn't take me too much longer except for some of the named elites. T3 and 4 are doable, but I don't really see a reason as I don't care about paragon level too much. I'm not sure what they changed with the legendary drop rate, if it scales well with higher torment levels or not really.
I can do T2 maybe T3 but I have not bothered with anything above T1. The EXP rate is fine, the rewards are fine. I haven't played on the higher difficulties enough to comment but people who have played it say that it's not really worth it. Of course we don't have any data post Legendary buff so who knows how T6 drops are like now.

Veezy

que?
Thanks all!

Any good class to start with? Is it best to just jump straight into public games or go at it solo first? Anything gear wise I should look for?

scy

We do T2/T3 since it's not really all that much harder. More of a case of "might as well" do it.

KarmaCow

Thanks all!

Any good class to start with? Is it best to just jump straight into public games or go at it solo first? Anything gear wise I should look for?

Just jump in. Nothing really matters pre-60 (well 70 in the expansion) because your gear will get outdated quickly and you'll get new skills/runes every level. If an affix/property of an item has a orange diamond to the left of it, you wont see its effect on your stat page. So just use the stat change comparison the game gives you as a guide but use some judgment on what you think will be better. Again, levelling it doesn't matter too much so use that time to experiment and learn what works for you.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Are the plans completely random or is there a way to farm them at all? Could really use that Spite plan.

J2d

Doesn't it come with main stat, attack speed and socket? That's still better than most other helms out there. You can just roll a stat into crit.

Unless you are one of those folks using legacy overpowered Mempo. If so then shame on you!
Yea but it used to have a chance to get all of the above if I remember correctly. I need to check out what new legendaries there are so I feel that rush again. I hope Witching hour is still awesome because I still haven't found a belt that gives me better damage than the lvl 60 one I have.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hate how you need these white items to make these Hallowed weapons need to find a Penetrator, any ideas on the best way to farm these?

Macattk15

Hate how you need these white items to make these Hallowed weapons need to find a Penetrator, any ideas on the best way to farm these?

Battlefields of Eternity in Act 5.

Tons of armor/weapon racks ... I think it's designed to be that way for this purpose.

Xevren

I do halls of agony runs for white weapons in act 1, been the best for me.

Battlefields of Eternity in Act 5.

Tons of armor/weapon racks ... I think it's designed to be that way for this purpose.

Is there a specific spot for weapons? I find TONS of armor but no weapons :(

I really really need a Cindercoat for my Fire-based Seismic Slam/Avalanche HC build. It shall be glorious once I finally find one.

I'm still rolling with a level 52 Cindercoat on my fire wizard. I just can't imagine giving up that 30% resource reduction on fire skills, I feel like I run out of AP fast as is. I blow all my blood shards on chest pieces, waiting for the day I can get a 70 one.

Reroll that socket, gaming pal.
Seconded..
Either perfect crit or reasonably high (45) crit dmg ...
Socket should be there on ring/ammy ONLY if you have this two stuff covered..
And even then a primary dps stat (agi, int, str) is better then the socket if it's not present..
I'll later post a flow chart of ingratious nerfiness o.n d3 if i don't get drunk and i just end up getting pizza

Topper

Got this last night

qeH0VkX.jpg

Since it throws a piercing axe every swing it gives me some range(Barbarian) and helps kill stragglers that run off from big packs, pretty cool.

Got this last night

Since it throws a piercing axe every swing it gives me some range(Barbarian) and helps kill stragglers that run off from big packs, pretty cool.

I've been using it on my monk. It does a fair bit of damage on the proc. It's surprisingly good.

So, I just got this...

qvVg6xY.png

And I'm rocking both of these currently..

N5nz9k5.png
dgSg4mb.png

So, I need help with making a Holy build. This is what I came up with, any suggestions? It'd be much appreciated.

eJZIXJc.png

Thanks to the GAFMAX bubbas for the really fun rift runs last night. We had a core group of us that probably ran 15-20 of them in a row. It really helped having two beastly wizards blowing crap up. Honestly, my crusader felt like a glorified buff bot
(and I'm okay with that).

For the record, that silly Rakki's Crossing trick was still working as of late last night. I went from 60-68 on my monk in about 45 minutes. The trick was to remove all my gear other than my boots for movement speed and just rush up there. I would die every so often but it didn't really cost anything to repair. I made way more gold finishing the quest.

I might do the same on my WD and other alts tonight. It's cheese mode and mindless crap, so buyer beware.

joesmokey

I can do T2 maybe T3 but I have not bothered with anything above T1. The EXP rate is fine, the rewards are fine. I haven't played on the higher difficulties enough to comment but people who have played it say that it's not really worth it. Of course we don't have any data post Legendary buff so who knows how T6 drops are like now.

We do T2/T3 since it's not really all that much harder. More of a case of "might as well" do it.
Sounds like it's best for me to stick with T1 then. It's easy enough to do where I don't have to pay attention to what's going on.

Fularu

Banned
That's kinda rude, were in a clan to help each other and have fun, at least that's why I'm in it.

I'm not in a clan to have people randomly join games contributing nothing, dying every two minutes, not saying a single word, not ever using their own rift keys to open up portals and just making your run that more difficult "just because".

It goes both ways, I'd never join a game I couldn't contribute to, I would level up and gear up first, then join next. Not join THEN level up and gear up leeching off others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom