• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

I truly feel toughness is >>> dps.

I was doing act V T1 w/ 4-5million toughness and 110k dps and was doing fine. Slower, but all good.

Damn, with that dps you really shouldn't waste time doing torment. You're gonna take so long killing stuff that' you would no doubt benefit more from a lower difficulty

Damaniel

Banned
Damn, with that dps you really shouldn't waste time doing torment. You're gonna take so long killing stuff that' you would no doubt benefit more from a lower difficulty

This is my dilemma right now. I'm sitting at about 10M toughness when buffed, so I can sit in torment 1 all day and barely get hurt, but I only have about 280k DPS, so attacking stuff is a little slow. In my mind, it's worth it due to the bonuses you get from running at T1 or greater, but is there some kind of guideline for what particular toughness/DPS levels are recommended per difficulty?

jblank83

Recommended difficulty is the one you find most fun.

I started T1 at 120k DPS and less than 1m toughness. I enjoyed the challenge. If all you want is the best gear you can find, then probably whichever difficulty you can do fastest, or grouping for slightly higher difficulties.

I'm not in a clan to have people randomly join games contributing nothing, dying every two minutes, not saying a single word, not ever using their own rift keys to open up portals and just making your run that more difficult "just because".

It goes both ways, I'd never join a game I couldn't contribute to, I would level up and gear up first, then join next. Not join THEN level up and gear up leeching off others.

Being carried is one of the greatest things about the Diablo series

I just can't get enough of Diablo 3.
So much fun! Beat the game on Master today, getting ready for Torment With my WD, started DH to play with my bro

bGd0PfA.png

Here's my Wizard pushing around ~400K DPS, I like this LotR/Sauron look

eek5

Doesn't it come with main stat, attack speed and socket? That's still better than most other helms out there. You can just roll a stat into crit.

Unless you are one of those folks using legacy overpowered Mempo. If so then shame on you!

It rolls with Main Stat ASI socket and AR I think. I've gotten two of them. You can either roll AR or socket into CC and it's still pretty good IMO especially since it has like 600-700 main stat on it

Cipherr

I truly feel toughness is >>> dps.

I was doing act V T1 w/ 4-5million toughness and 110k dps and was doing fine. Slower, but all good.

I disagree man. I think you will only think that Until you get 600k+ dps or even higher. When you reach the point where you can melt packs before you toughness has a chance to come into play, its much much much better than being tanky but taking it slow and steady.

It was the same way in vanilla before the Inferno nerf. Tanky barbs could do some stuff, but not compared to the Demon hunters stacking tons of Attack speed and dps that would just kite for a few seconds and destroy packs.

Dawg

Since it happens a lot

Guys, stop comming into other people's game when you CAN'T handle the content and are just lookign at people to carry you

It's fucking rude.

Hint if you have 1.5 million thoughness and 120k DPS, your place ISN'T in a Torment 1 rift

I'm not even level 70 and I already have more than 1.5 million toughness :p

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum stats for T1?

I'm not even level 70 and I already have more than 1.5 million toughness :p

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum stats for T1?
Depends on classes and playstyle...
I was One of the bored upper crust, so in the end i was so geared i could facetank...
Now it will take some time to get to the same point...
I'd say that with 5 mil toughness you're golden..
As for dps ... Frankly with stat rerolling one's bad dps is just one's unwillingness to either have knowlwdge and reroll properly or ask around

Depends on classes and playstyle...
I was One of the bored upper crust, so in the end i was so geared i could facetank...
Now it will take some time to get to the same point...
I'd say that with 5 mil toughness you're golden..
As for dps ... Frankly with stat rerolling one's bad dps is just one's unwillingness to either have knowlwdge and reroll properly or ask around

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NineLives-1662/hero/40906491

Enlighten me then.

joesmokey

I disagree man. I think you will only think that Until you get 600k+ dps or even higher. When you reach the point where you can melt packs before you toughness has a chance to come into play, its much much much better than being tanky but taking it slow and steady.

It was the same way in vanilla before the Inferno nerf. Tanky barbs could do some stuff, but not compared to the Demon hunters stacking tons of Attack speed and dps that would just kite for a few seconds and destroy packs.
I think you need to go with enough toughness first though until your gear is at that breaking point where you can make the switch to high damage. I was the same way at first, stacking as high as 9m toughness.

Zeliard

Yeah I'm at over 1.1 million DPS on my Wiz before elemental gear buffs and everything on Torment 1 just dies before it even has a chance to hit me.

You're going to need mitigation one way or another (vitality inflates toughness a lot but if you have good resist and armor each health point matters more). There are things that are pretty much unavoidable even if you have high burst damage. Red ghost packs, exorcists, or even anything that has a charge move can start their attacks off screen. It also sucks that blizzard has a hard-on for unavoidable damage, such as jailers, 1st tick of thunderstorm, vortex, frozen dot (I don't know why the dot does more damage than desecration and plague, PLUS they can stack on each other even though they already can explode), and the like. Some end rift bosses are also pretty tough on higher torments with unique attacks, while some are complete pushovers.

Though to be fair, it's much easier to get through higher torment with decent teamwork. With 4 wizards and chaining blackholes really keeps everyone safe (and even if you don't have that many wizards, a wizard could take mirror images and duplicates to make it seem like there is more than one on the team), or you can do the typical tank and spank with a monk/barb pulling things in.

Send me a pM and i'll do it as i'm currently dining at a restaurant so i'm browsing with iphone and i can't get the stats on the item displayed..
Rule of thumbs...

You should aim for amulet that have 4 primary and rings that have at least three..

That's because you always want your rings to have

Decent roll on primary stat 390 range for rare, more for legendaries)
Crirical chance not lower than 5
Critica damage not lower than 42
Possibly 5 attack speed, but vitality works too..

Now.. Yeah you may think i'm as king for the perfect ring, avruallly i'm not..

Out of those four on a ring realistically you want just

Primary stat (common)
Vitality (common)
Decent crit (common 5%)
And another random stat that will ne rerolled, eh core of this ring is hacking crit dmg as high as possible, so that's the stat we DON'T WANT. In the ring, so we'll ad dire manually via reroll..
A 390 Primary stat , vit, crit chance, crit dmg ring will boost your dps..
Same reasoning applies for neck, though in that case the strategy is slightly different...
Don't discount rare gearpieces, dire they have lower primary pure stat, but rerolling a legendary is a pita, rerolling a rare is easy and pain less ...
You may want to grab a str/vit/socket/rubbi ah stat rare helm so that you can either reroll the use less stat into One skill for which you'll stack "+x% dmg on skill" or just reroll for perfect crit...
On bracer ALWAYS aim for
Primary stat
Vit
+x to elemental damage your dealing and One rubbiah stat that again will be rerolled
Into crit..
Weapon... If your weapon is benearh 2,4 dps as a 2h ask a gaffer for a rifr run or two and gran some rare.. But re membri that even if the weapon is over 2,4k you NEED to have One stat (either a crap stat or a surv stat like loh or vit) to be rerolled into a socket ..
Socket > everything ..
If you can't reroll the legendary for a socket , chances are a decent rare with a socket And a good grade emerald inside will net you more dps than the legendary option.
This is a generic advice reply, when i get home i'll do a gear check

Brandson

Got some decent gloves today for my monk, which finally bumped my level 60 legacy gloves off. Now I'm at 470k dps unbuffed, 618k buffed, and 71k healing buffed. I still feel like I need a few more pieces before I move to torment.

3PE.jpg

Shakala

So I just got

to complement my

Considering replacing the bleed on the shield with crit but I'm not sure about it. Anyone know if the bleed is worth keeping?

Dahbomb

Think of that Bleed effect as around 80% damage per second that happens every one of three hits.

That's not that great despite being a slight DPS boost. A crit chance will be a better investment overall.

Bleed effect probably not so bad on weapons as they aren't competing for crit. If it's between Vit and Bleed I will take Bleed.

aka_bueno

Got some decent gloves today for my monk, which finally bumped my level 60 legacy gloves off. Now I'm at 470k dps unbuffed, 618k buffed, and 71k healing buffed. I still feel like I need a few more pieces before I move to torment.

I'm thinking with that much damage you should already be doing Torment 1, easily. Well, depending on your toughness.

I know diff class, but I'm running Torment 1 on my Barb with 270k dps (but I dual wield so I also get +15% to attack speed) and 8m toughness. Running bounties has been smooth, haven't died at all so far 20 bounties in. And when I started I only had 230k dps!

Dahbomb

The gloves (I think) that make gold rain on massacre bonuses
I salvaged them for Forgotten Souls... :(

I will be the first to admit it... I have a gambling problem in this game. I have salvaged decent/good Legendaries for Souls just so I can have one extra crack at the mystic.

Dahbomb

The way I have been acquiring gold is simply that I just do Rifts and collect all Rares as normal. At end of run I vendor them all (they can get you 5K per rare). After a few runs I also have many Shards that I use to buy a 5 shard item and then vendor that.

It still feels like I am making ends meet although I guess after a while this won't be an issue... most of my gold is taken up by gems upgrading/unsocketing. Enchanting gear is really bottle necked by Forgotten Souls really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom