• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesmokey

I'm not sure what else I can do to my gear aside from getting the set bonuses with +500 int (granted I have been playing a ton...). I have some legendary pieces that could upgrade certain slots by less than 2% with the perfect roll, however playing and waiting for a forgotten soul to drop just isn't fun for me. It's so much easier to re-roll rares for that highest crit % or elemental bonus. I wish you could do something like trade 100 Death Breath's for a Forgotten Soul, etc.

I guess my next quest will be to go for the long haul of finding Tal Rasha's level 70 4 piece version.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Quick question, if i switch from Campaign to Adventure mode, will i lose my progress from the Campaign? Like, if i decide to switch to Adventure mode right after the checkpoint before Malthel on my wizard lvl 69, then come back once i hit 70, will i be able to continue without doing the whole act again?

Quick question, if i switch from Campaign to Adventure mode, will i lose my progress from the Campaign? Like, if i decide to switch to Adventure mode right after the checkpoint before Malthel on my wizard lvl 69, then come back once i hit 70, will i be able to continue without doing the whole act again?

I asked this last night and the answer was yes. I did not test though.

But yes.

ezekial45

Banned
Could use some more buddies online. I only have about three people on my list that still play. Feel free to add me.

ezekial45 #1379

BPoole

Seeing some of these load outs and legendaries are blowing my mind. I though my lvl 60 wizard was really powerful once I past the 30k damage mark. Do Paragon levels make you tons more powerful?

Trickster

Seeing some of these load outs and legendaries are blowing my mind. I though my lvl 60 wizard was really powerful once I past the 30k damage mark. Do Paragon levels make you tons more powerful?

The defensive and offensive paragon categories can definitely make a big impact once you get a lot of points into them. But you won't feel a big difference if your lvl 50 or something.

Okay guys I need major help...my Barbarian is bloody weak, I mean he can do decent damage, but my skill set sucks and he is so slow compared to the other classes.

I know I must be doing something wrong,can someone explain what items need to go and what stats and which ones to replace with?

I loved the Barb in the original D3 until the patch 2.0 hit, now even on bloody normal it is so bloody slow to kill things unless Whirlwinding+Rending...however fury is always run out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KiroxViper-1677/hero/933468

Thanks guys, I want to main Barb but so far he is putting me off the whole game,my monk,dh and wizard are blazing through, even on expert and Master(Though a bit slower there).

This Nephalem Rift boss was not fair, fucking Ghom in the prison environment?!?!

R7FgLpD.jpg

is there very detailed guide about the armor, resistance, dmg/elemental/black dmg, two hands dmg (alternate or the average of both ?) of the game ? I can only find information about 2012 when the game came out but I think most of these have been rework since then ?

Apparently a guy beat Malthael hardcore on T6 already. 50mil toughness and it took him:

3 HOURS!!!!!!!

There really should be (reasonable) enrage timers on the bosses.

joesmokey

Guys, my rift guardian charged below the surface...

Edit: Looks like there was a platform below it found itself into. 3D pathfinding is hard :).

Trickster

Apparently a guy beat Malthael hardcore on T6 already. 50mil toughness and it took him:

3 HOURS!!!!!!!

There really should be (reasonable) enrage timers on the bosses.

Any link to a source on this? Because the attempts I've seen of malthael on t6 would make it utterly impossible to kill malthael just by going full on tank.
The adds he spawns will keep spawning and not dissapear until you kill them, so you need enough dps to kill them, while also getting malthael into next phase. And last phase has the soft enrage where those clouds on the floor that malthael spawns will just keep taking up more and more space on the floor until they cover all of it

So yeah. Very skeptical of this.

Any link to a source on this? Because the attempts I've seen of malthael on t6 would make it utterly impossible to kill malthael just by going full on tank.
The adds he spawns will keep spawning and not dissapear until you kill them, so you need enough dps to kill them, while also getting malthael into next phase. And last phase has the soft enrage where those clouds on the floor that malthael spawns will just keep taking up more and more space on the floor until they cover all of it

So yeah. Very skeptical of this.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/hardcore-discussion/83645-torment-6-hardcore-malthael-down

Spoo

At wits end with this game. I've tried about 30 times to get a socket in a legendary weapon I have, and can't do it. Yes, it claims I have a chance to get it, but that's 30 legendaries I've broken down to reroll and cannot do it. My WD is stuck at 330k dmg because of this. I can't break that, nomatter what I do. Ready to quit it's so frusterating.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So is Normal that easy or is the Crusader just that big of a damage sponge? I'm Level 31 at the crater of Act III and I haven't died once. I can also count the number of times I've used a potion on one hand.

Ultratech

That's pretty bad ass.

I can respect that shit.

I said WOW at 50 million toughness.

Yeah, 50 Mil Toughness is bonkers.

Hell, I've got like 5 Mil Toughness right now on my WD and I'm just floored.
(He's also got about twice my Healing.)

Still...3 Hours. That's some damn dedication.

Xyber

So is Normal that easy or is the Crusader just that big of a damage sponge? I'm Level 31 at the crater of Act III and I haven't died once. I can also count the number of times I've used a potion on one hand.

Normal should be renamed to easy really. It's no challenge at all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, I am so fed up with my bad luck. RNG has been screwing me over for the last 2 days and I'm at the point now where I'm just angry and don't even want to play. 100 bags = 3 bad legendaries, and I've used around 50 Forgotten Souls with nothing to show for it. I can't remember the last time I got an upgrade and I play a lot.

/grumble

Atlantis

Should I got for Hard?

I'm currently on Act V with a (fresh) WD and I've been playing on Expert since the beginning. It's been pretty smooth sailing the entire game, no deaths and not a lot of potion usage. I've had a few difficult fights in Act V however.

Now that I'm 61 I'm thinking I might switch to Master to take advantage of the gem drop bonus, but I'm not so sure after the last boss fight I had in Act V. I didn't realize it unlocked after the end of Act IV or I would've switched to it earlier.

Damn this game is addictive.

terrisus

So, I just finished up Reaper of Souls. (End spoilers and various other end thoughts follow)

So, I loved 80% of Reaper of Souls. With the initial release of Diablo 3, I thought Act 2 and 3 were kind of blah and Act 4 was alright, but I absolutely loved Act 1. Of course, there wasn't much to do in Act 1 after one had finished it, which sucked. So it was left to just running through an act which was only just "alright," which was rather boring, and one of the reasons why I hadn't really touched the game since last May (the other reason being my stroke right around that same time. But, the blah feeling of the later acts was the main reason why I hadn't really picked it back up this year).

I absolutely loved the feel of Act 5 though. It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for out of Diablo 3, and am going to enjoy very much being able to spend a whole bunch of time with this act.

Also, it goes without saying that the drops are now much better. It's nice not getting useless stuff 98% of the time. And, the weapon I ended up using through Act 5 was one I picked up in Act 1 Normal (since I was stuck playing through Acts 1-4 again due to having reset quests). Also love being able to re-roll a selected stat, definitely a very nice feature.

So, the things that I didn't like?

First, the ending. Alright, there was some resolution with Adria - you killed her, she's dead, good. But, other than that. It's like, you kill Malthiel, Tyriel appears, and it's like "Oh, hey, where's the Soulstone?" "Ah, it's broken" "Darn, looks like Diablo's on the loose again" And then end. It's like they didn't plan out the ending at all (other than wanting Diablo to be back to set up an eventual Diablo 4). But, it was just done in the most drab and boring way imaginable really, and without any real meat to it. Just kind of "Alright, game's over, but Diablo's loose again. See you again next decade."

The other thing I didn't like? The auction house being removed.

Yeah, I know, most people rejoiced over that. And, granted, a good part of my sadness at losing it is that I made what I paid for the game back, plus a couple of times over (didn't make a ton on it, but still, a nice little profit). More to the point though, there was just really no reason for it. Their supposed reason - to allow them to improve the loot - they could have done with keeping the auction house, that was just a convenient excuse to satiate all the complaining. But, really, the auction house was a huge addition to Diablo 3, and losing it really hurts.

Yeah, there's still reason to play after hitting 70 (I'm still only 68 at the moment). The new mode and challenges and all of that (which I haven't even started on yet, so take that for what it's worth). But after a certain point it will just kind of hit how Diablo 2 did for me, and make me wonder what the point of continuing to play for marginal improvements in gear when I'm already slaughtering everything. Sure, ladders, whatever else, great. But, you know, making money off the game was pretty nice, and it sucks to lose that.

Frankly, though, aside from some UI issues, Diablo 1 is still my favorite in the series. And yes, I have played through it within the past year, so it's not all just based on memories. Oh, and Diablo 3's story can go fall in a pit - I'm just going to pretend all that stuff with Adria didn't happen, and she's still good in Diablo 1, so I'm happy.

So, yeah, that's my thoughts having just finished the game.

CoolOff

For me, nothing in D3 is canon. It's mechanically a very fun game, but I'm going to remember the world of Sanctuary as I left it after killing Baal.

Ashodin

Your ending spoiler:
Just kind of "Alright, game's over, but Diablo's loose again. See you again next decade."

Joke's on you, they're planning more expansions than just this one.

aka_bueno

Gonna ask again, what's the fastest way to power level currently? Gotta help a buddy with his alt and just want to make sure we're being efficient

Your ending spoiler:
Just kind of "Alright, game's over, but Diablo's loose again. See you again next decade."

Which is wonderful. I'll take an expansion every year or two like WoW to give us more content to fill our Adventure mode. Here's hoping they revisit some D2 content (like Acts II and III) along the way.

MYE

First, the ending. Alright, there was some resolution with Adria - you killed her, she's dead, good. But, other than that. It's like, you kill Malthiel, Tyriel appears, and it's like "Oh, hey, where's the Soulstone?" "Ah, it's broken" "Darn, looks like Diablo's on the loose again" And then end. It's like they didn't plan out the ending at all (other than wanting Diablo to be back to set up an eventual Diablo 4). But, it was just done in the most drab and boring way imaginable really, and without any real meat to it. Just kind of "Alright, game's over, but Diablo's loose again. See you again next decade."

[/spoiler]

There is another expansion coming. Plus, if you have the Book of Cain, there is a certain prophecy that cryptically describes the events of D3 and ROS...the last line though, that still didn't happen ;)

. . . And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost (Malthael=Wisdom goes missing)
as Justice falls upon the world of men. (Tyrael=Justice falls to Sanctuary from heaven)
Valor shall turn to Wrath - (Imperius=Valor goes full retard)
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
(^D3)

Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all - (Malthael becomes Death)
(^RoS)

as Fate lies shattered forever. (Itherael: Archangel of Fate)
(^???)

terrisus

Your ending spoiler:

There is another expansion coming.

Ah, fine fine. I guess that's something.

Still, the ending to this was rather disappointing.
But, I guess it will be better with another expansion.

Blah, back to waiting.

For me, nothing in D3 is canon. It's mechanically a very fun game, but I'm going to remember the world of Sanctuary as I left it after killing Baal.

Not a bad outlook to take.

I was kind of hoping that the expansion would
bring back Cain and Leah and fix Adria
, even though it would have made no sense. But, in the "fixing things that Diablo 3 messed up" anyway.

MYE

I was kind of hoping that the expansion would
bring back Cain and Leah and fix Adria
, even though it would have made no sense. But, in the "fixing things that Diablo 3 messed up" anyway.

I'm pretty sure that
Leah will be back. Cain, who knows...

terrisus

They should have made a CG ending though. That was lazy as shit

Yeah, I think that was part of the reason why it seemed so sudden and disappointing, because it was just like "Oh, that's it, you're done."

I mean, I know you just killed the guy you were out to kill, but still, they could have done more to tie things together a bit better.

I'm pretty sure that
Leah will be back. Cain, who knows...

Let's hope.
Cain is the one that I really want back though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom