• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Part of it may just be a bad build but, yes, they're pretty gear reliant. Getting some CDR% and using Zealous Glare to help with the Wrath generation really does a lot for the class in general. My Crusader is around T3/T4 geared for group stuff but T1 is still my comfort zone for clear speed with her, though, so it's always going to be kind of slow-ish.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/scy-1745/hero/43712829

oic

Looks like some cookiecutter nonsense. Get on my level!

That shield is baller tho, I got it earlier today :D Went up to 10million toughness

I still don't play with that weaksauce.

A real Crusader rolls without a shield, HIS FAITH IS HIS SHIELD

KarmaCow

If it's your best option, use it. Don't go to too much effort to reroll it because it could be easily replaced by a decent roll on another 1h.

Well that's why I was wondering if it was even worth trying. I spent the last week leveling other classes rather than hunting for loot so I both have little resources to re-roll gear and not much experience with the quality of drops out there.

ZangBa

Considering all of the off-game 3rd-party trading/auctioning/etc. (both for gold and real money) that went on with Diablo 2, why would you say that?
Also consider that, before eBay cracked down on it, items were even being auctioned off on eBay with Diablo 2.

Quite obviously there was significant demand for this sort of thing with Diablo 2 - which is why it was put in with Diablo 3.
The removal of the AH won't eliminate people doing stuff like that, it will just clutter up chat again, and move things back onto 3rd-party websites again.

Is it really more enjoyable to spam chat with "xyz for sale or trade!" or just salvage any item which doesn't have a couple of green stats without even giving it a second thought?

You have to consider the impact it had on the game. It was balanced around the AH existing, and making loot drops have such an insane stat allocation that you'd have an abysmally low chance of finding anything worthwhile for yourself. It isn't fun to grind gold and spend hours on the AH searching through pages of gear to find an upgrade at a reasonable price. The worst part is when you finally come about a significant amount of gold only to spend all day on the AH trying to figure out how to spend it on the most optimal upgrade possible.

It may seem like it makes sense to add an AH to the game because it does make it easier it trade, but the negative impact far outweighs the convenience. Being able to upgrade your gear by playing through the game yourself and with friends is much more enjoyable and true to the genre/series.

I'd also like to add that those websites, regardless of the AH, still existed and were used for D3. Private trading through those means will always exist. I also feel there's more of a sense of community through trading with people personally, rather than through a menu.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can someone repost the super quick power leveling method, a buddy wants me to power level his alt but I'd like him to try out the method that someone posted a few pages back, but cant find it.

It was a certain act and chapter and involved talking to a guy if he's by the stairs or something for a quest?
I was testing twitch and made this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUzdGRh3PrQ

You basically load Act III Rakkis over and over again.

Cipherr

gBBmAOi.png

Went from 650k dps to over a million and 6.4m toughness self buffed from yesterday to today. Crazy. Ran some 4 man games on T1 and it was cake. Plenty enough dps and more than tanky enough to not have to worry about dying and whatnot. I now need the good recipe for the better emerald, once I put that one in my weapon I should see and even higher dps increase. But for now I really need to work on my healing its painfully low.

Feels good being a Pet Witch Doctor build and not having to focus directly on just straight DPS numbers.

My DPS numbers are only in the 500k range but I have some retardo DPS with my fetishes due to them not benefiting from %Crit Dmg Increase stats. I am stacking a ton of +physical damage and attack speed and my crit chance is around 45%. I just need a Mask of Jeram. I cant seem to get one.

Once I have that I will be pretty set. My Fetishes w/o the Mask of Jeram are hitting for 1.7-2.0 million each hit. With it they will hit for pretty much double that each hit. And I have Tasker & Theo which gives my pets a 50% attack speed buff.

With all the +physical dmg buffs, my Pile On Zombie Charger skill is hitting for about 6-7 million per hit. lol

GorillaJu

So, I now have 4 legendary shields at 70, all four worse than my rare dps wise. Are legendary shields bugged? All four of them also have less block value than my rare as well.

Updated with pics and stat changes when comparing legendary shields compared to rare one. Rare one already had strength on it when it dropped, just rerolled to try to get it higher.

Well that's because your rare shield has +10% chance to crit on it. Your legendary rolls haven't been too kind, though. Your Jekangboard is the best one, you can re-roll that armor for +crit chance, but the block amount is kind of pitiful.

Kysen

Bought the expansion yesterday and wow has the game changed since I last played(release). Loot is so much better now, I'm actually getting upgrades.

Carm

Well that's because your rare shield has +10% chance to crit on it. Your legendary rolls haven't been too kind, though. Your Jekangboard is the best one, you can re-roll that armor for +crit chance, but the block amount is kind of pitiful.

Yea, bad rolls on primary stats but the bugged question is for the block amount on those legendary shields, all of them are far lower and it doesn't make any sense.

On another note, I'm still using my level 60 Blind Faith helm with 37.4% blind on hit. That effect is way to good to give up for a dps upgrade, I've found rares around 10% dmg increase but that blind procs so damn much.

So last night I was running some T2 rifts with some friends of mine.

We got a few lame rifts in a row when this happened.

I have never in my life seen what went down. Over 30 minutes of my entire screen being filled with mobs, constantly.

It was the most fun I've had in a video game in... forever?

When all said and done my group of 4 had found 5 legendary and 2 plans

Oh. My. God.

Pic time.

Take note of the time stamps in the top right.

551ogYH.jpg

zDodty1.jpg

LzeC8yp.jpg

94IfdIm.jpg

T4m8uY9.jpg

twR6STa.jpg

eek5

If you get channeling pylon in a rift and you're using a charges skill like dashing strike....

yeah, the charges don't get used so you can just dash until it runs out LOL

What primary attack are you guys using on your Monk's?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VWdrewzBie-6802/hero/35502489

Could any Demon Hunter players take a look at tell me what is flat out incorrect here? Obviously all gear needs to be improved but is there anything I should immediately change? Only trouble is I only have 1M gold and am struggling to get materials for the mystic etc.

Regarding the bow, I had a 1600dmg Bow with 300dex, no socket. But this thing with the socket bumped my DPS 120K more. Not sure if it was the right choice.

Zemm

Feels good being a Pet Witch Doctor build and not having to focus directly on just straight DPS numbers.

My DPS numbers are only in the 500k range but I have some retardo DPS with my fetishes due to them not benefiting from %Crit Dmg Increase stats. I am stacking a ton of +physical damage and attack speed and my crit chance is around 45%. I just need a Mask of Jeram. I cant seem to get one.

Once I have that I will be pretty set. My Fetishes w/o the Mask of Jeram are hitting for 1.7-2.0 million each hit. With it they will hit for pretty much double that each hit. And I have Tasker & Theo which gives my pets a 50% attack speed buff.

With all the +physical dmg buffs, my Pile On Zombie Charger skill is hitting for about 6-7 million per hit. lol

Yea as a WD my paper dps is going down but my real dps going up. I'm going for similar equipment, 4 piece Zunimasa, Mask of Jeram and the gloves. I have the gloves and 1 piece of Zunimasa so far but it's something to look forward too!

Yea as a WD my paper dps is going down but my real dps going up. I'm going for similar equipment, 4 piece Zunimasa, Mask of Jeram and the gloves. I have the gloves and 1 piece of Zunimasa so far but it's something to look forward too!

I have the mask that makes my horrify turn into a 7 second fear and root. It locks elites in place for 7 second and they can't move or attack. Combine that with cool down reduction passive and gear and I can spam it. It's broken OP.

Cipherr

I have the mask that makes my horrify turn into a 7 second fear and root. It locks elites in place for 7 second and they can't move or attack. Combine that with cool down reduction passive and gear and I can spam it. It's broken OP.

That sounds absurd haha

Robin64

I used to be a fire wizard, and then I got this from Kadala.

wxlAeEQ.png

Ice all the way, baby!

(Trying to reroll that Electrocute to be crit, but failed and ran out of mats)

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Got the new Hellfire. I would advise not to bother with it right now. The effect lasts 5 seconds, but has an internal cooldown of at least 30 seconds. 200% weapon DPS for 5/30 seconds means it adds 33% weapon damage per second over your run. Pretty insignificant considering the effort required. Waste of a day.

Zemm

Forgotten souls being needed for almost everything is pretty dumb, atleast allow us to trade in say 10 Death's Breath for 1 Soul.

IceMarker

Got the new Hellfire. I would advise not to bother with it right now. The effect lasts 5 seconds, but has an internal cooldown of at least 30 seconds. 200% weapon DPS for 5/30 seconds means it adds 33% weapon damage per second over your run. Pretty insignificant considering the effort required. Waste of a day.

Noted, thanks for spending the time to warn us!

Zemm

Just be more selective in what you roll. That's the whole point.

Huh? I'm trying to get crit chance on a pair of gloves (that are top tier) but you need 1 soul for each reroll. I'm not wasting them on crap gear if that's what you mean. It's silly that I'm hoping for crap legendaries to drop so I can salvage them. I'm running rifts too but it's not a guaranteed drop.

Huh? I'm trying to get crit chance on a pair of gloves (that are top tier) but you need 1 soul for each reroll. I'm not wasting them on crap gear if that's what you mean. It's silly that I'm hoping for crap legendaries to drop so I can salvage them. I'm running rifts too but it's not a guaranteed drop.

I just think the cost of making a good item, top tier item into something perfect shouldn't be cheap and easy, that's all. I spent many gems yesterday rolling something, it made me think hard if I should gamble now or wait a bit.

When you're geared enough to run at least T1 with ease you probably don't care about the proc so much as the XP bonus for Paragon farming (ideally it rolls decent stats too). But shame to hear the proc isn't as good as the old one :/

Maybe they'll improve it, but that could take months.

Kinda sucks since I only have two legacy hellfire rings and one is pretty shit. The other is dex rolled and therefore not optimal for 4/6 classes.

Zemm

I just think the cost of making a good item, top tier item into something perfect shouldn't be cheap and easy, that's all. I spent many gems yesterday rolling something, it made me think hard if I should gamble now or wait a bit.

Fair enough, I can see that reasoning. I just don't like having to first have the item drop, then having all but 1 of the materials to reroll a stat. I think it would be more "fair" if you could trade in a set amount of Deaths Breaths for a Soul, so it's more equal between the two materials, rather than having loads of one and none of the other.

Foaloal

Got this super sweet Mask of Jeram today:

And guess where? From Kadala!

I also got a pair of blackthorne boots from her within a couple seconds of getting the mask, but that was just a forgotten soul waiting to be unleashed.

Super stoked I got a pretty good roll on the mask, and along with that I increased my paper dps by about 220k today with some good rerolls.

This totally makes up for my bad luck last night.

I also got a pair of blackthorne boots from her within a couple seconds of getting the mask, but that was just a forgotten soul waiting to be unleashed.

Super stoked I got a pretty good roll on the mask, and along with that I increased my paper dps by about 220k today with some good rerolls.

100% more pet damage!!! The things I would do to get that mask.

Pungza

Nice! I've only had two voodoo masks ever drop and they were both the crappy split tusk ones

What primary attack are you guys using on your Monk's?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VWdrewzBie-6802/hero/35502489

Could any Demon Hunter players take a look at tell me what is flat out incorrect here? Obviously all gear needs to be improved but is there anything I should immediately change? Only trouble is I only have 1M gold and am struggling to get materials for the mystic etc.

Regarding the bow, I had a 1600dmg Bow with 300dex, no socket. But this thing with the socket bumped my DPS 120K more. Not sure if it was the right choice.
See the post i Made 2-3 pages before with critique/advice to a monk , they apply to you as well as general purpose...
I'm again at a restaurant (yeah i never eat at home :p ) so i can have a direct look at your profilo only once i get home.
Send me a pM if you Need a piece by piece analisys :)

RivalCore

Doing a TR build for bounties in Expert. Such a nice change of pace.

I'm running with a Maximus, Royal Grandeur to boost my 2.0 level 60 Inna's set and a bunch of +TR yellows. Super fun!

Azulsky

Never understand how some people level alts so fast. Taking so long with a fresh Monk!

If the Lvl 1 makes a T6 adventure mode then a lvl 70 comes in and kills stuff you can get from 1 - 60 in 30 minutes. A friend asked me to do it with his Crusader yesterday, he had reduced lvl req gear waiting for the Crusader at 60.

Its because the difficulty is scaled for the gameowner.

Its stupid and its borderline cheating imo

We found a semi goblin rift yesterday. Black Hole with the radius rune op. I think we missed 1 out of 15.

gBBmAOi.png

Went from 650k dps to over a million and 6.4m toughness self buffed from yesterday to today. Crazy. Ran some 4 man games on T1 and it was cake. Plenty enough dps and more than tanky enough to not have to worry about dying and whatnot. I now need the good recipe for the better emerald, once I put that one in my weapon I should see and even higher dps increase. But for now I really need to work on my healing its painfully low.

Mind sharing your build?

My wizard is hovering around 515k dmg with 3.5m crit but only 2.8m toughness

Daante

Is it normal that the screen sort of shake a little during Act 3? Seems it does it around every 10-15 second. Even when you are NOT fighting.

:S

Strider

was gonna log in and play but checked the thread first... looks like I'll wait a bit.

There was some lag last night to. random ping spikes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom