• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

My Crusader has 8 million toughness and feels so squishy in T1. My resistances are sitting at 600 for all. Is that too low?

Tarazet

My Crusader has 8 million toughness and feels so squishy in T1. My resistances are sitting at 600 for all. Is that too low?

Vitality and +Life inflate your Toughness rating by a lot. It's good only if you also have a massive amount of healing, since it does nothing at all for damage reduction. Especially since Crusader doesn't have the innate damage reduction that Monk and Barbarian do, you'll want to value pieces with high rolls of Strength, Armor and Resist All much more than high Vitality rolls. 400-500k should be enough hit points for most content.

Kacho

Vitality and +Life inflate your Toughness rating by a lot. It's good only if you also have a massive amount of healing, since it does nothing at all for damage reduction. Especially since Crusader doesn't have the innate damage reduction that Monk and Barbarian do, you'll want to value pieces with high rolls of Strength, Armor and Resist All much more than high Vitality rolls. 400-500k should be enough hit points for most content.

Ok, that explains it then. I have almost 700k health and elite packs and champions chew through it quickly. Going to make some adjustments on my gear and see how that goes. Thanks dude.

Ohnonono

I have 4.3 mil toughness and T1 is not an issue at all. If you get hit by some crappy effect and stand in it on accident you will melt for sure but I don't find it much different than master.

Karg

Ok, that explains it then. I have almost 700k health and elite packs and champions chew through it quickly. Going to make some adjustments on my gear and see how that goes. Thanks dude.

Agreed. My toughness only sits around 3.5 - 4m buffed but my resistances sit around 1200 if not more and if takes a swarm on me in T1 to knock me out

Tarazet

Also, the best defense is a good offense. It's important to know what pieces can roll well for DPS and seek out those stats even if it's a survivability loss.

If you look at the center of your portrait, those are pieces for effective hit points (along with shoulders). The pieces on the sides are for DPS, at least as far as rares go. A perfect Crusader ring or amulet would be a high Damage roll, Strength, Crit, and Crit Damage. Gloves would be Strength, Attack Speed, Crit, and Crit Damage. Bracers need to have Crit on them. Shields need to have Strength, Crit and ideally +Block on them.

The1Ski

So last night I was running some T2 rifts with some friends of mine.

We got a few lame rifts in a row when this happened.

I have never in my life seen what went down. Over 30 minutes of my entire screen being filled with mobs, constantly.

It was the most fun I've had in a video game in... forever?

When all said and done my group of 4 had found 5 legendary and 2 plans

Oh. My. God.

Pic time.

Take note of the time stamps in the top right.

http://i.imgur.com/551ogYH.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zDodty1.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LzeC8yp.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/94IfdIm.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/T4m8uY9.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/twR6STa.jpg[/QUOTE

Looks like a dream come true!

Ohnonono

I hate watching my damage stat drop when I get a rad + holy damage roll. Even if it is crazy obvious when my wrath generators start blowing things up that it was indeed a good trade it still sucks to watch the number drop :(.

inter

Switching from Mantra of Healing to Mantra of Conviction drops my sheet DPS by about 40k, is there a reason for this? I can't think of why this is happening.

Dahbomb

Yea when you get a Rift where the pack density is off the charts It's glorious! It feels like being in a war than a small skirmish.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
fuck me, i've been hit with 10+ seconds of lag THE SECOND i hit the final boss

THIS IS WHY NOBODY IN THE FUTURE SHOULD EVER CONSIDER ALWAYS CONNECTED SINGLEPLAYER GAMES

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
how far back will i be if i quit now? right outside the portal to the final boss? or back at the start of pandemonium?

Huddy

I see the Euro Hamsters are striking over working conditions again.

I know I'll just play off line single player..... oh wait.

Lernaean

Banned
Oh great!
I got kicked out and then i was on queue to get back in the game.
Also minutes add up instead of subtracting. i started on 23 mins wait time and now i'm happily on 32.
If Blizz would use all those money they made by stealing 15% of the fees from RMAH, now they could buy a small country and fill it with shinny new servers, but nah, having a few million people cursing them on a Sunday sounds better to them i guess.

Edit: 34 now, woohoo!

At least you people aren't playing on Hardcore. Dear lord that was scary. Our entire party (well, the whole server evidently) started lagging massively during a T1 Rift. Luckily, we managed to get away from mobs and tp to town before anyone died. The only way to get inputs through was via spamming like a madman hoping the T button would stick at some point.

Kammie

Level 40 on Vanilla, switched up to Expert a few hours ago. I like the loot progression and crafting, there's not a lot of variety to items but knowing I can get a legendary after a certain amount of time keeps me interested.

So uh... since I don't and probably won't have RoS for a while, just what exactly is the endgame in vanilla? What's gonna be open to me?

V_Arnold

Well, that is it for the French Pentium 1 server for now. They need to cool it off, it overheated. No money for a cooler, one part-time worker was called in. He will do the repairs first thing tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom