• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

So is there any ways to get lower level gems when you're 70 other than leveling another character?

I'm kinda stuck right now. My wizard is 70 farming adventure mode but my templar has shit amulet/rings... The thing is since I'm a wizard I never get str drops and I could make amulets of strength with the jewelcrafter but for that I need lower level gems that I don't have anymore.

Could you use the bloodshards from wizard adventure mode gambling on the crusader?

scy

Again, there's no need at all for that to happen. None.

No need doesn't mean that it wouldn't happen, however. That's the usual "fear" of the re-addition of the AH.

So is there any ways to get lower level gems when you're 70 other than leveling another character?

I'm kinda stuck right now. My wizard is 70 farming adventure mode but my templar has shit amulet/rings... The thing is since I'm a wizard I never get str drops and I could make amulets of strength with the jewelcrafter but for that I need lower level gems that I don't have anymore.

Craft them on a STR character / reroll their stats on a STR character.

Dahbomb

There IS a need for that because if they implemented the AH right now people will stop playing the game and start playing the AH again.

It doesn't matter what the quality of drops are, people will find a way to game the AH and get the best equipment that way over playing the game. The effects of the AH are still prevalent with people running around with Legacy Witching Hours, Inna's Pants and Mempos that allow them to reach 1 million DPS easily.

The current system while not perfect fixes two major issues with Diablo and ARPGs in general... that is the best way to get top tier gear is to play the game and there are no trade chat spams anywhere. Now if you can figure out a system that keeps those two aspects in mind we would all like to hear it (and Blizzard too).

Ketch

Does anybody else on GAF play HC?

I've had my game open to the public the entire time, but nobody ever joins. I guess HC is not where it's at.

scy

Yeah but I don't have a lvl 70 str character...

Crafted gear should have a set level. Blood Shard stuff will be character level, however.

It doesn't matter what the quality of drops are, people will find a way to game the AH and get the best equipment that way over playing the game. The effects of the AH are still prevalent with people running around with Legacy Witching Hours, Inna's Pants and Mempos that allow them to reach 1 million DPS easily.

I've replaced most of those with better stuff so I dunno if it's all that accurate to say that they're still around with any meaningful impact. Witching Hour is probably the most notable exception since it's hard to get a better DPS slot there. Mempo and Inna's are a lot easier, though.

Zemm

Has anyone successfully farmed for a Reaper's Fear from Malthiel? I don't mean got it on their first kill, but farmed after that. Reading forums and people either get the material on their first kill or not at all as it's bugged.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
About to finish my last bounty, massive lag and disconnect. gg blizz pls

Lernaean

Banned
Why should Jay Wilson be fired? lol
Vanilla D3 was what it was because Blizzard was fully behind the product.

Dont vilify the man and put the new team leader on a pedestal because Blizzard fucked up during his time and knew what to fix afterwards.
The fan base calling him a fat fuck and wishing him dead is a million times more embarrasing than the RAH or poor drop rate.

Actually he is responsible for everything that was wrong on vanilla and the fact that the game became so much better the moment he was off the project proves just that.
I'm not putting the new guy on a pedestal simply because i applaud original ideas, not common sense. When/if Blizz does anything original and awesome then we'll talk again.

1AQqUVP.jpg

Not mine :D

Double post and you're even reposting a reddit pic?

Yeh sucks obviously, but first time since launch (well today the second time I guess) and if it ain't in their control it can't be helped I guess.

plake

I'm so close on calling this a night now, sick of this. Btw dynilsson in EU GAF fyi! So you know if I'm not coming back tonight...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard CS EU ‏@BlizzardCSEU_EN 2m
The connection issues are our top priority at this moment. I apologize for not being able to reply to each one of you individually.

We continue to investigate the connection issues affecting all of our games. Thanks everyone for your patience while we look into this.

diablo n wow servers are linked so both games are getting fucked

Lernaean

Banned

I cried regardless.
In the meantime, Diablo's scheme to not let me finish the campaign with my DH continues.
After i dc'd 3 times while on the battlefields of eternity and had to start all over again, i decided to do some bounties. Everything went fine untill i said i should continue campaign. Then i dc'd again and now i'm on a 300 min timer until i'm allowed to login. Thank you Blizz, so much :)

DrAg0nBoY

Just a question.

If I kill everyhing in 1 or 2 hits on normal, should I just go play on Hard? I also died twice on Normal, because I didn't really pay any attention.

Does the Rift Guardian have a higher chance to drop legendaries, or is it the same as any purple mob (with the added benefit of souldrop and bloodshards)?

Tendo

Change from Sixth Sense to Seize the Initiative, and I would also use Serenity instead of Seven-Sided Strike. Being able to selectively ignore anything on the screen is amazing.

I'd get rid of Seven-Sided Strike and pick up Dashing Strike. It's one of the best skills the Monk has in my opinion. I'd also swap Inner Sanctuary for something else, if you still need a defensive skill after Dashing Strike try Serenity. If you don't have some + Fire Dmg on items you could swap Lashing Tail Kick rune to Scorpion Sting. 1.5 sec stun with 85% chance is really good. Epiphany with the Windwalker rune is really nice to have for elite packs, activate it and burst them down while you heal yourself through your spells. I assume you have Beacon of Ytar for SSS? If you get rid of SSS you could swap it out for Seize the Initiative for the extra armor. Depending on how you survive then you could also get rid of Near Death Experience and go for something better. I used Guardian's Path for a long time, coupled with Sixth Sense you should have a pretty good chance to dodge lots of attacks.

Thank you so much! rolling expert pretty easily now, might bump it up to master. Crazy how much difference a few skills can make.

Azulsky

So i got 3 leg drops this morning. All of them from regular chests/destructables. I think I am being trolled.

I jumped from 490 - 550 sheet dps but I dropped from 8.8 to 7.8 Toughness due to hp loss(450-370)

So hard to tell if worth because the replacement weapon has higher AS, socketed with a big emerald, and has higher base damage.

The AS + Crit Damage works with the Sweeping Wind/Cyclone and the Spirit return on Crit which works with HP return on Spirit spent.

Cant tell if worth

Dash27

Help me Diablo 3 GAF:

My brothers and I just recently started playing D3. Myself as a Barbarian, plus a Witch Doctor and Hunter. We're mid 30's now, roughly. I bought the expansion they have not as yet.

Questions:
Should we be doing anything other than playing through the main story arcs?

Would there be any benefit to all of us having the expansion before hitting 60 and finishing the main story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom