• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

So i got 3 leg drops this morning. All of them from regular chests/destructables. I think I am being trolled.

This is the norm for me. I can count the times I got legendaries from killing stuff on one hand since hitting 70. Everything from destructables and small chests for me. That rift guardian has yet to drop a legendary for me. Sometimes RNG is just too much stupidity. :)

MYE

First three Horadrim Caches I opened gave me two legendaries and a set piece.... I didn't even know about those so I thought (holy shit, guaranteed leg/set loot?)
Got nothing in the next three/four lol (okay some forgotten souls but still...)

edit: Trading blood shards is a waste of time. Got NOTHING

Jubs

Been getting a lot of legendary plans to drop lately for my monk: Griswold's Perfection, Sage's Journey, Demon Hide, Devastator. But man, it's going to take forever just to farm some of these unique leg mats.

eek5

First three Horadrim Caches I opened gave me two legendaries and a set piece.... I didn't even know about those so I thought (holy shit, guaranteed leg/set loot?)
Got nothing in the next three/four lol (okay some forgotten souls but still...)

edit: Trading blood shards is a waste of time. Got NOTHING
I got 1 leg on about 1600 shards. :\

Very much satisfied. Now to grind paragon.

sgqY8kf.jpg

Kiru

Kiru on EU does.
Hell yeah!
I deactivated joining my games though. My laptop sucks hard and I get really low fps, it would be worse with 2 players and I don't want to be the cause of any dead HC characters. Will enable it after I built my PC. ;)

Dahbomb

I haven't gotten any Legendary from the Gambler out of 2000 shards but I have gotten many excellent Rares.

Its a free currency though so I have no idea why anyone would complain. It's not like you can save it up for anything else.

Dennis

Banned
Hey Diablo-GAF.

A question for you: I gave up on Diablo III because it was frankly crap. But what about now? Be honest, is the game good now? Did they fix it?

Nokterian

Hey Diablo-GAF.

A question for you: I gave up on Diablo III because it was frankly crap. But what about now? Be honest, is the game good now? Did they fix it?

Well since you not even played patch 2.0. Yes it is what Diablo 3 should have been since launch. Adventure Mode with Bounties and rifts are the best thing added.

J-Rzez

So how does (if it does) magic find work now in the game? Didn't they change it a while back? Is it worthless putting some MF in a helm socket?

Dahbomb

So how does (if it does) magic find work now in the game? Didn't they change it a while back? Is it worthless putting some MF in a helm socket?
No idea how it works. Without values on Legendary drops it's hard to say but it works in diminishing returns for Legendaries so it's not really worth it. They clearly wanted to phase out MF from D3.

Hey Diablo-GAF.

I played about a month when the game came out. I played non-stop, Inferno to Diablo, etc. Absolutely hated every moment of it.

Came back at 2.0 and it is a whole different game. Smart loot makes things interesting, legendary unique affixes give your gear substance and allow you to create mini-builds, and the new adventure mode gives you diablo-esq runs without having to deal with the story anymore.

D3 is now a different game than it was. It still has its problems, but as of 2.0 it is enjoyable for a Diablo fan.

These 2 legs have been awesome
0F8b3YY.jpg

Two more things to aim for.

I may not ever give up my Thunderfury. I also got Myken's Ball of Hate, where Electocute jumps to eready electrocuted enemies, and I'm fairly sure it's causing the 338% Lightning damage to trigger A LOT more.

BashNasty

Adventure mode changes the way the game is played imo

Yep, people complaining about the lack of content in Reaper of Souls often seem to forget adventure mode exists. Without question, it is the most notable new feature of the expansion (even though I love act V). Bounties, rifts and the ability to go anywhere in the game at any time (as opposed to needing to exit and remake a game if you wanted to change acts before) make everything a fresh experience. You even get new looks for existing areas, fields of misery at night is awesome.

This thing makes magic missile insaaaaaaane.

F9Ut6In.png

Should I try to get some vitality on it, or change hydra dmg to magic missile dmg? This drops my toughness by 15% =(

It would probably take 20 forgotten souls and 10 million gold to get magic missile. Ill probably just go vitality. Easier.

ZangBa

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't agree.

There's no reason at all that item balance and configuration couldn't have been changed while leaving the auction house in place. None. The fact that Blizzard presented it as such is a complete red herring.

If one chooses to "grind gold and spend hours on the AH searching through pages of gear to find an upgrade at a reasonable price," well, that's on you. Again, there's nothing forcing you to do that - especially if the item changes were made where it was easier to find good gear for yourself from your own drops.

While it's true that websites like that still existed even with the auction house, it's nothing but a good thing to give people a legitimate option as opposed to making anyone who wants to do that go to other websites for it.

Also, you may feel it gives "more of a sense of community to trade with people directly," but, I don't feel there's anything of a community in people spamming chats with advertisements. But, hey, if you like to do that, you could still do that even with the AH. Sure, many people might not have wanted to trade directly when they could get more on the AH - but that's just another sign that the AH was a superior option. And, even aside from that - frankly, I don't really care about a "sense of community." I pretty much play Diablo as a single-player game, and am not really very interested in participating in a "community."

Not everyone plays the game the same way, and forcing everyone into a particular playstyle when it doesn't need to be that way (and wasn't that way before - a change was made to make things more restrictive) is a definite negative.

You're right that there is nothing stopping them from leaving the AH in with the new loot balance, but they know why it had to be taken out. Even with the new way loot works, leaving the AH in the game would still create the necessity of browsing through looking for optimal pieces of gear rather than playing the game.

You're also right that it is one's choice to use the AH. However, I'd argue it's only a choice by words, rather it's more required to be competitive and optimal. To choose not to use the AH would be akin to choosing not to use a valuable mechanic such as parrying in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. In MGS:R's case, choosing not to parry would be a horrible detriment, making the game a difficult experience. Choosing not to use AH would be, quite frankly, asinine.

On your point about the sense of community, I won't disagree about trade spam, I think everyone can agree it's just annoying and really doesn't do anything for anyone. I meant more along the lines of playing with various people online, finding acquaintances, and going through more personal means of trading in this way. You say you don't care about community and you rather play single-player, and that's fine. I generally play solo as well, but I wouldn't want to take away what's more important to what I assume is the majority of players.

I understand you feel it makes the game more restrictive by taking out the AH, I feel it game restricts you to the AH with it in. There's no reason why Blizzard can't make separate ladders with an AH in place for those who really still want it as a choice, and I suspect they are thinking of this.

Gotchaye

This thing makes magic missile insaaaaaaane.

Should I try to get some vitality on it, or change hydra dmg to magic missile dmg? This drops my toughness by 15% =(

It would probably take 20 forgotten souls and 10 million gold to get magic missile. Ill probably just go vitality. Easier.

I just got one too and it's pretty sweet. I went with Arcane Power on Crit and as far as I can tell both missiles proc at the same rate as a missile would with any other source. Too bad about having both cdr and Hydra damage on it, though.

JCizzle

I haven't gotten any Legendary from the Gambler out of 2000 shards but I have gotten many excellent Rares.

Its a free currency though so I have no idea why anyone would complain. It's not like you can save it up for anything else.
Didn't they upgrade the chance to get a leg from her? If that's the case and you still haven't gotten one with 2k spent... Ouch.

Have the Witch Doctors pets been nerfed over the last 24 hours? yesterday they were great meatshields and today they're dropping like flies.
Haven't changed the difficulty or my equipment/skills.

terrisus

the ability to go anywhere in the game at any time (as opposed to needing to exit and remake a game if you wanted to change acts before) make everything a fresh experience. You even get new looks for existing areas, fields of misery at night is awesome.

Agreed, I love this

I just got one too and it's pretty sweet. I went with Arcane Power on Crit and as far as I can tell both missiles proc at the same rate as a missile would with any other source. Too bad about having both cdr and Hydra damage on it, though.

Yeah. I always get unlucky with too many bad stats.

I've been getting by without arcane on crit because I use my primary spell quite a lot. In any case, with magic missile, my DMG is way more than what's listed on the spec sheet. 3 magic missiles can really cause some hurt.

Dahbomb

Didn't they upgrade the chance to get a leg from her? If that's the case and you still haven't gotten one with 2k spent... Ouch.
They did.. most of my shards were used pre buff so I don't have an accurate gauge on how the new rate works.

Again I don't see this as "oh noes RNG has forsaken me". I got many good rares and upgrades from the gambler so I am happy with it. To me it's just a cheaper crafting system and I treat it as such. I don't go into the gambler thinking "oh man today's the day I get a Legendary from the gambler!"

terrisus

You're right that there is nothing stopping them from leaving the AH in with the new loot balance, but they know why it had to be taken out. Even with the new way loot works, leaving the AH in the game would still create the necessity of browsing through looking for optimal pieces of gear rather than playing the game.

You're also right that it is one's choice to use the AH. However, I'd argue it's only a choice by words, rather it's more required to be competitive and optimal. To choose not to use the AH would be akin to choosing not to use a valuable mechanic such as parrying in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. In MGS:R's case, choosing not to parry would be a horrible detriment, making the game a difficult experience. Choosing not to use AH would be, quite frankly, asinine.

Competitive with... what, exactly?

I mean, if you can beat the game, run through things like butter, and generally have no problem with anything, what does it really matter if someone else has 100 extra DPS or something? It's not like it's stopping you from doing anything. And there's nothing at all making it necessary for anyone to use the AH. You could do everything you need to in the game without it (especially after they nerfed Inferno like a month or so after launch)

It's pretty much just a matter of trying to build your character the way that you like. Some people prefer to do that just by playing, some people preferred to do that mainly through the AH, and some people prefer a mix of both. I still don't see any reason to force everyone into the exact same play style just because some other people can't handle knowing they could find something else in a place that they don't want to.

There's no reason why Blizzard can't make separate ladders with an AH in place for those who really still want it as a choice, and I suspect they are thinking of this.

This would be an acceptable compromise. And was in essence what they kind of did originally, by not having the RMAH in HC mode.

Does the chance of getting a set piece increase if you have a few parts of that set equipped? I received 2 items from the same set in less than 1 hour of playing today.

So I got my Reapers Wraps made.

They came with

455dex
485vit
95 all resist
1572 Lifeon hit
and monster +183

Should I go for crit and should I give up the all resist or the LoH? What do you think is more valuable, I'm a DH with about 900avg all resist right now with 1500 loh already

Ultratech

I guess Blizzard ran out of Thunderfuries. At this point everyone seems to have one except me :(

I don't have one. :(

Did pick up a nice helm this morning though (Broken Crown) which was a nice boost, but the lack of a good weapon (and being able to enchant one of my existing ones to get a socket) hurts.

lol .... I dinged 70 this morning on basically a brand new wiz and it's already more powerful than my monk by a long shot.

ht7eDc5.jpg

First re-roll .... I roll AR into 100 CD

Nymerio

I don't have one. :(

Did pick up a nice helm this morning though (Broken Crown) which was a nice boost, but the lack of a good weapon (and being able to enchant one of my existing ones to get a socket) hurts.

The funny thing is, my weapons were probably the weakest part of my gear for ages, then I found the Hallowed set in 2.0 got some nice ones out of that and then I think I the first slots I could replace in RoS were my weapons. I'm doing fine with the swords I have now but I just want that damn Thunderfury :D

Shouta

Got this awhile ago

kWwIkHj.png

Then I mystic'd this to go with it.

S3MrxpJ.png

Ah yeah, 30% Lightning. I can go 20% on the wrists too for another 5% more. =o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom