• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
lol .... I dinged 70 this morning on basically a brand new wiz and it's already more powerful than my monk by a long shot.

http://i.imgur.com/ht7eDc5.jpg[IMG]

First re-roll .... I roll AR into 100 CD[/QUOTE]

Lol, congrats.

Monks only really shine with a group to amplify. Their DPS multiplier is pretty low on their own compared to other classes. For example, a wizard gets a melee range attack that deals 300% base damage and triggers familiar for another 240%, both AoE.

ZangBa

Competitive with... what, exactly?

I mean, if you can beat the game, run through things like butter, and generally have no problem with anything, what does it really matter if someone else has 100 extra DPS or something? It's not like it's stopping you from doing anything. And there's nothing at all making it necessary for anyone to use the AH. You could do everything you need to in the game without it (especially after they nerfed Inferno like a month or so after launch)

It's pretty much just a matter of trying to build your character the way that you like. Some people prefer to do that just by playing, some people preferred to do that mainly through the AH, and some people prefer a mix of both. I still don't see any reason to force everyone into the exact same play style just because some other people can't handle knowing they could find something else in a place that they don't want to.

This would be an acceptable compromise. And was in essence what they kind of did originally, by not having the RMAH in HC mode.

Competitive for PVP. I know it's not a big deal, but some people care about it.

As for making a build through the AH, I feel like there is no satisfaction of finally acquiring the gear you need for a build by clicking accept through a menu a dozen times. Rather than finally achieving the build you want through playing the game, you'd really rather browse the AH and just buy everything? I understand you just want it to be a choice, and I understand where you are coming from. If they left the AH in, I'd certainly feel like it would be the best way to acquire everything regardless of the loot changes, taking me away from gameplay to browse through menus, and creating a build through unfullfilling means.

There isn't much more I can say without becoming redundant, so I think we will just have to agree to disagree. Like I said before, a separate ladder with an AH would be fair. The only issue with that would be a split community, but I don't think it would be a huge deal at all.

Lol, congrats.

Monks only really shine with a group to amplify. Their DPS multiplier is pretty low on their own compared to other classes. For example, a wizard gets a melee range attack that deals 300% base damage and triggers familiar for another 240%, both AoE.

I rolled a wiz pre ROS to 60 during the exp gain. Prior to that my experience was either WD or monk. I literally dinged 70 this morning. Ran through act v, and did done bounties and rifts and he's so so strong. Silly really.

I'm gonna finish act v with WD tonight and them start a crusader.

scy

I'm down for that later. Can't get enough action and things are melting to quickly below t3.

Pretty much :/ Next few upgrades should get me to near 20M Condemn and HF:FoH crits. If any upgrades would drop (why is everyone getting Leoric rings but me ;__;).

Edit: And, honestly, outside of Extra Health and Rift bosses, T3 melts too fast too probably. First noticeable upgrade on Legendary drop rate too and/or we hit a good RNG streak where most of us got 3-4 in a run.

terrisus

There isn't much more I can say without becoming redundant, so I think we will just have to agree to disagree. Like I said before, a separate ladder with an AH would be fair. The only issue with that would be a split community, but I don't think it would be a huge deal at all.

Fair enough.

So, after today I'm probably finally done with RoS thanks to my drop "luck".

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NaDannMaGoGo-2434/hero/31265864

This is my Wiz after playing a lot every day after RoS release. This doesn't show some of the re-rolled values but the point is I still only use one lvl 70 legendary.

I have spent 3.5-4k Bloodshards on sources and other stuff getting nothing. I haven't found a single legendary source. The crafted Hallowed Scepter (the lvl 70 version) roilled the min. minDamage possible and was garbage. And got another terrible rolled 1 handed legendary with +10ms.

And I got the boots on my first Act 5 playthrough some time before fighting Malthael the first time.

I have opened around a 100 bounty bags and gotten 5-6 legendaries out of those. A single one of them decently useful boots for my DH. The only thing I got for my Wiz in 20 +T1/2 rifts was the Kulle-Aid potion, not a single other thing.

Meanwhile everyone around me loots Tal Rasha set pieces and what not. I challenge anyone to have less luck than me.

jblank83

Looks fine to me. Maybe try another for awhile or take a break. Or stop playing if you aren't having fun. Even if you got every BIS level 70 legendary with perfect rolls and you were the number 1 Wizard in the world, what then? Play more T6? Do more Adventure bounty/rift runs?

Loot all day but the game itself is what you're playing, and if you aren't having fun, then you shouldn't keep playing just to get more loot.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Pretty much :/ Next few upgrades should get me to near 20M Condemn and HF:FoH crits. If any upgrades would drop (why is everyone getting Leoric rings but me ;__;).

Edit: And, honestly, outside of Extra Health and Rift bosses, T3 melts too fast too probably. First noticeable upgrade on Legendary drop rate too and/or we hit a good RNG streak where most of us got 3-4 in a run.

Nice damage I only get high crits with my meteor, orb, or archon. The rest are rising but electrocute is now outputting about 3-4m when buffed and it crits. Got insane bonsues about 40% to elites, about 26% to electrocute and another 20% for the lightning.

Gaz_RB

This is my Wiz after playing a lot every day after RoS release. This doesn't show some of the re-rolled values but the point is I still only use one lvl 70 legendary.

I have spent 3.5-4k Bloodshards on sources and other stuff getting nothing. I haven't found a single legendary source. The crafted Hallowed Scepter (the lvl 70 version) roilled the min. minDamage possible and was garbage. And got another terrible rolled 1 handed legendary with +10ms.

And I got the boots on my first Act 5 playthrough some time before fighting Malthael the first time.

I have opened around a 100 bounty bags and gotten 5-6 legendaries out of those. A single one of them decently useful boots for my DH. The only thing I got for my Wiz in 20 +T1/2 rifts was the Kulle-Aid potion, not a single other thing.

Meanwhile everyone around me loots Tal Rasha set pieces and what not. I challenge anyone to have less luck than me.
idk man you have all those dudes at 70 and your wizard is a beast compared to mine.

Maybe you're done with Diablo? Maybe you beat it haha

Well sometimes the Rifts are quite fun and the gameplay in D3 is still great.

But ZERO progress other than some Gem upgrades in a progression-based ARPG. Nah. I mean the good thing about RoS/2.0 loot is that it allows for some pretty neat builds or in general has singular awesome modifiers.

I don't get any of them however. I was really looking forward to doing something lightning WIz build with the source ball of hatred and what not. But I'm not finding that or anything else for the matter. I'm finding fucking nothing. Just now before I stopped playing I opened 16 caches without a single legendary in them. Before that I did a crapton of Rifts getting nothing once again.

It's like... I'd hope on average my RNG badluck would go away. But no, I've played a metric shitton every day after release and my Wiz has gotten marginal upgrades since I finished the campaign? What is this shit :|

Dahbomb

lol .... I dinged 70 this morning on basically a brand new wiz and it's already more powerful than my monk by a long shot.

ht7eDc5.jpg

First re-roll .... I roll AR into 100 CD
That's like BiS quality amulet right there. No Rare can compare to that because of that high intel roll and it's going to be really difficult for many Legendaries to have those combination of stats.

Haines

Banned
I'm 65 dh almost done chapter 5 on expert but packs are getting really tough

Do I just trudge on fingers xd I land some better gear? Or lower diff?

My blacksmith can't do much for me.

Edit: I have a nagglering with 50% magic find. Is that good? I could throw it on..

TheContact

Just got this today after not playing d3 since a few months after release. I'm having fun with it so far. I wanted to play a paladin type class since vanilla and they are pretty fun so far. Can't wait till I get to end game

Giggzy

Well sometimes the Rifts are quite fun and the gameplay in D3 is still great.

But ZERO progress other than some Gem upgrades in a progression-based ARPG. Nah. I mean the good thing about RoS/2.0 loot is that it allows for some pretty neat builds or in general has singular awesome modifiers.

I don't get any of them however. I was really looking forward to doing something lightning WIz build with the source ball of hatred and what not. But I'm not finding that or anything else for the matter. I'm finding fucking nothing. Just now before I stopped playing I opened 16 caches without a single legendary in them. Before that I did a crapton of Rifts getting nothing once again.

It's like... I'd hope on average my RNG badluck would go away. But no, I've played a metric shitton every day after release and my Wiz has gotten marginal upgrades since I finished the campaign? What is this shit :|

Man come on.... I want to try and respond in a nice way but seriously, stop whining. Shouldn't this give you more incentive to play, knowing that you still have a lot of improvements to get? Did you really expect to be fully decked out just because you've played a lot since release? RNG is RNG.

In my opinion this should make you want to keep playing, not the opposite. Once you're fully decked out then I could see how you might ponder the question of why am I still playing if there's nothing I can upgrade... but you're not even close to that.

Today has been drops like crazy and even got a set item from using the shards! I forget the name but got a legendary belt that procs whenever you open chests , weapon racks, etc you get a huge boost in damage. With the boost in damage from belt I'm over 800k now. Sorry no screenshots of items...

Can easily do T1 I feel with my wiz now. I'm sure some bosses will still be difficult but nothing like before. Did a few rifts and was doing insane damage.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mirrorball

Had that legendary drop for me. Holy crap, game changer much? I went from taking a bit of time to kill high health single target elites/uniques to like 5 shotting them with this. Unbelievable. Too bad that I'm getting bored of the game though. Was fun while it lasted.

This dropped for me. Rerolled a +xp to +4AP per crit and it was amazing, I could disintegrate continuously for like 3-4 times longer than before.

Dahbomb

I don't know about DHs... but Wizards out number every other class by a significant margin. It's like pre 2.0 Barbs all over again.

Azulsky

Wand of Woh for Wizards is pretty ridiculous as well. The amount of damage I have seen come out of it is crazy

The Uber Diablo fight wasnt too bad on T1. Just have to focus the secondary bosses down.

I don't know about DHs... but Wizards out number every other class by a significant margin. It's like pre 2.0 Barbs all over again.

Yep easily. Played all classes and wizards just roll everything at T1 atleast compared to other classes on t1. My mirrorball magic missile fire rune is doing over 6 million on crits (3x2.5m) dmg for a signature move and pierces all mobs so it clears trash quick and is decent dmg.

I think it's all the % multiplier on their passives that just keeps scaling up and up with better gear. People think it's frozen orb being broken but it's not.

Dahbomb

I think it's all the % multiplier on their passives that just keeps scaling up and up with better gear. People think it's frozen orb being broken but it's not.
Frozen Orb IS bugged but the class is insanely good even without it. Like they still have 8-9 other Torment 1 destroying builds.

At least Wizards are interesting and have lots of stuff you can do with them. Even though I see many Wizards, I see many builds with them as well.

What's the cookie cutter Wizard build now? I haven't played in a year.
I see a variant of this build a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir5TbnjB0HI

Most Wizards replace Familiar with Teleport though especially for fast farming.

Cipherr

Man come on.... I want to try and respond in a nice way but seriously, stop whining. Shouldn't this give you more incentive to play, knowing that you still have a lot of improvements to get? Did you really expect to be fully decked out just because you've played a lot since release? RNG is RNG.

In my opinion this should make you want to keep playing, not the opposite. Once you're fully decked out then I could see how you might ponder the question of why am I still playing if there's nothing I can upgrade... but you're not even close to that.

Well if he really has gotten no upgrades for days after hitting 70, thats just flat out odd or he is doing something wrong. My wizard has been 70 for only 3 days and Ive gone from 200k dps to 1.2 million. I havent found a lot of good legendaries, (only 1 really good one) but thats just RNG. It doesn't have to be a legendary to be good loot. This sword is the only really 'decent' legendary I have:

With 19% cold damage..... jesus christ just kill me now. I would impale myself for that necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom