• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Forgot to share these, they are from last night. The rare was gambled.

OMycG2u.jpg

That ring drop is still disgusting.

Yep easily. Played all classes and wizards just roll everything at T1 atleast compared to other classes on t1. My mirrorball magic missile fire rune is doing over 6 million on crits (3x2.5m) dmg for a signature move and pierces all mobs so it clears trash quick and is decent dmg.

I think it's all the % multiplier on their passives that just keeps scaling up and up with better gear. People think it's frozen orb being broken but it's not.

More or less. Frozen Orb is good, yes, but it's good in the sense that it's better than their other Arcane Orb options. That's not really the big issue though, they just scale really well.

Yep easily. Played all classes and wizards just roll everything at T1 atleast compared to other classes on t1. My mirrorball magic missile fire rune is doing over 6 million on crits (3x2.5m) dmg for a signature move and pierces all mobs so it clears trash quick and is decent dmg.

I think it's all the % multiplier on their passives that just keeps scaling up and up with better gear. People think it's frozen orb being broken but it's not.

For arcane orb I prefer the one that has increased damage and lower AOE over the frozen orb. It's so fast and hits hard.

Trap 10+ enemies in blackhole to get a damage increase and I'm seeing 6-7 million crits.

Dahbomb

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ezekial45-1379/hero/38830451

Just gonna ask. Anyone want to give me some advice for my gear so far? I'm trying to move back into Torment now that I've hit level 70. I like using a shield, but I mostly see a number of Monks dual wield.
Man I don't even know where to begin on this. I will send you a PM on it because there are a lot of changes that you need to make.

Monks dual wield because this is softcore not hardcore. You get more damage with dual wield. Your build is really more of a hardcore build than a softcore build... and even then it's not sufficient.

ezekial45

Banned
Man I don't even know where to begin on this. I will send you a PM on it because there are a lot of changes that you need to make.

Monks dual wield because this is softcore not hardcore. You get more damage with dual wield. Your build is really more of a hardcore build than a softcore build... and even then it's not sufficient.

In my defense, I've been doing pretty well so far. I cleared through most of Act V on master difficulty. But yes, I can understand the inefficient criticism.

So I can run master without too much trouble, but I wanted to see what normal was like. I've been doing Act IV bounties (bonus) and then rifts, then remaking I've played a couple of hours and the droprates for gems and death's breaths are much better since I kill things so fast.. I've only been picking up rares and legs and vendoring the rares because I don't have enough gold. I haven't gotten any upgrades yet, except one from shards. I'm sticking with normal to get a good store of gems and DBs. Hopefully I'll get a few good blood shard rolls and drops to get a few upgrades.

For any monks, I'm running the skills from this OP with a spirit builder subbed for SSS because the only spirit gen I have is on my crappy level 60 inna's helm: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12331143218

And here is my monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/prodystopian-1605/hero/29104444

I need to replace just about everything.

Zeliard

Wizards melt faces with almost any build you can imagine due to their DPS passives and lots of +elemental potential on gear.

DSmalls84

My Crusader is gearing up nicely with 600k damage now. Still a challenge to farm T1 but maybe i need to alter my build. ROS is pretty great so far.

Tom Penny

Other than putting a ton of time in another class so you wont ditch it there is little incentive to not roll a wizard. Less work to simply outclass other builds. Farm faster upgrade faster.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just reached 40 passing the archives with my Crusader. Man going through the story again is almost as annoying as waiting for Crusader in the first place. Will be nice to reach chapter 5 and adventure mode.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
could someone drop me invite to eu clan please :p

Ashley278#1524

Megasoum

Banned
So what does the Bonus acts in adventure modes actually have special? The rewards in gold and xp seem to be very similar....so what's up?

mileS

RNG can go fuck itself.

I've spent 4000 bloodshards to try and get a source (only 5 per) nothing. At all.

I've killed Malthael for 5 hours straight. Also killed him on 4 different characters. Just looking for 1mat for Reaper's Wraps. nothing.

Meanwhile joe schmo killed him for the first time, gets the plans and the mat. Also gets something from the bloodshard vendor after only doing 2 rifts max.

I realize this is part of the game, and at the end of the day I don't care that my luck is shit, and there will be times where super casual player gets the best item within a day. But I have to admit its times like these when it really starts to sting a bit.

Zemm

Other than putting a ton of time in another class so you wont ditch it there is little incentive to not roll a wizard. Less work to simply outclass other builds. Farm faster upgrade faster.

I have one at 57 but find it pretty boring to play compared to DH, WD and Monk. Barb and Crusader are the least fun though.

Guesong

So what does the Bonus acts in adventure modes actually have special? The rewards in gold and xp seem to be very similar....so what's up?

Double Blood Shards. Or so it says when you highlight it.

My loot so far has been cool, but frustrating. I get all sort of weapons. Problem is, at some point, you need armor. AND IT NEVER DROPS.

Currently rolling with The Mortal Drama flail. Coupled with 25 % CDR and Lord Commander, it basically makes my Bombardment ends when it's only 15s off CD.

I also have a Maximus. Thank god for that fire chain. Don't like to use it much though.

Mirrorball is absolutely a game-changer. Items like that make me want to keep farming. I hate legendaries that are basically the same as rares with higher stats. Boring....

Zemm

I've killed Malthael for 5 hours straight. Also killed him on 4 different characters. Just looking for 1mat for Reaper's Wraps. nothing.

I've done this for 2 hours and read forums about it, consensus is that it's bugged. You either get Reaper's Fear on your first Malt kill or not at all.

scy

In my defense, I've been doing pretty well so far. I cleared through most of Act V on master difficulty.

I would hope so. Master isn't exactly hard, really :x

My Crusader is gearing up nicely with 600k damage now. Still a challenge to farm T1 but maybe i need to alter my build. ROS is pretty great so far.

The biggest problem I think a lot of Crusaders have is just bad builds. As nice as it is to spike big numbers with, say, Judgement + Crit Damage Law + Bombardment, you'll finish more fights faster with Condemn and the 50% Wrath use Law when soloing. Fires of Heaven is probably the best Damage-to-Wrath skill available, especially if you drop it to 20 per use, and it's easy to get the guaranteed hit with Condemn Vacuum. Shield Glare netting you 4s of basically immunity and all the Wrath you need (via Zealous Glare) pretty much alleviates the Wrath problems.

I mean, it's still slower than a pure DPS class but I think it's to be expected. I think Crusader is a good example of how well stacking all the forms of damage (e.g., Skill Damage%, Elemental damage%, CDR%, Area Damage%, CC/CD, ASPD, etc.) yields the best damage.

Azulsky

RNG can go fuck itself.

I've spent 4000 bloodshards to try and get a source (only 5 per) nothing. At all.

Meanwhile joe schmo killed him for the first time, gets the plans and the mat. Also gets something from the bloodshard vendor after only doing 2 rifts max.

I realize this is part of the game, and at the end of the day I don't care that my luck is shit, and there will be times where super casual player gets the best item within a day. But I have to admit its times like these when it really starts to sting a bit.

It will drop on Normal I got both plans and mat on normal

lexi

Banned
Even with Mirrorball I think I still prefer electrocute w/ surge of lightning. Maybe I just need to get used to magic missile w/ fire rune.

Either way I'm levelling up my DH for when wizards inevitably become the most useless class after a blizzard style re-balance.

Guesong

The biggest problem I think a lot of Crusaders have is just bad builds. As nice as it is to spike big numbers with, say, Judgement + Crit Damage Law + Bombardment, you'll finish more fights faster with Condemn and the 50% Wrath use Law when soloing. Fires of Heaven is probably the best Damage-to-Wrath skill available, especially if you drop it to 20 per use, and it's easy to get the guaranteed hit with Condemn Vacuum. Shield Glare netting you 4s of basically immunity and all the Wrath you need (via Zealous Glare) pretty much alleviates the Wrath problems.

I mean, it's still slower than a pure DPS class but I think it's to be expected. I think Crusader is a good example of how well stacking all the forms of damage (e.g., Skill Damage%, Elemental damage%, CDR%, Area Damage%, CC/CD, ASPD, etc.) yields the best damage.

Just to add to that...

I'm only doing T1 atm (could probably do T2), but I'm doing great as a Crusader.

Here is what I am using at the moment. Which is nothing extraordinary except the weapon. God, I really need better luck.

Renewal is crazy good. I rarely die in huge fights if there are things I can block.

Crusader will not facemelt like a Wizard. You're there for the long fight as you laugh in the face of 30 foes.

Tom Penny

I have one at 57 but find it pretty boring to play compared to DH, WD and Monk. Barb and Crusader are the least fun though.
Monk would be great if it didnt have so many worthless skills.. Then they nerf dodge and fist of thunder blows leaving only 3 other skills to buff damage with the lightning skills modifiers.

Dinskugga

I love my WD with the all new items.

I have a hole army at the moment with pets haha!

Items

legendary Mojo : Gives me a zombie dog every 5 seconds (max 5 dogs)
legendary witch doctor knife : chance to summon fetish
Some yellow items that gives me pet dmg

Skills

Gargantua
Fetish Army
Fetish passive skill
passiv skill that make my pets better . Dont remember the name.

So this army does a shitload of dmg for me. Then i have fire bats with vampire bats as main attack and pirahna as secondary

Zemm

Monk would be great if it didnt have so many worthless skills.. Then they nerf dodge and fist of thunder blows leaving only 3 other skills to buff damage with the lightning skills modifiers.

Yeah it's a bit gimp dps wise but it's fun to play. Currently enjoying WD the most.

scy

Crusader will not facemelt like a Wizard. You're there for the long fight as you laugh in the face of 30 foes.

Well, I do facemelt (Condemn is ~18-20M crits, Fires of Heaven is at ~15M) pretty well. I'm a few gear changes from getting to T2/T3 soloing at decent speeds but T1 is pretty much faceroll speeds like my Wizard or DH (honestly, faster on the packs than either of them). For my normal rift groups I'm still needed to tank a decent amount so I keep myself more hybrid-y on the stat spread. I need to get a full damage set at some point so I can break into ~40M+ crit amounts when I'm allowed to go full damage :x

mileS

Even with Mirrorball I think I still prefer electrocute w/ surge of lightning. Maybe I just need to get used to magic missile w/ fire rune.

Either way I'm levelling up my DH for when wizards inevitably become the most useless class after a blizzard style re-balance.
The complete re-balance for the wizard has already happened. When blizzard sat down to rework the classes for RoS (and loot 2.0 patch) the wiz was the first class they worked on. It's complete. They had the most time to spend on them and it shows. If you're talking about nerfs, at most frozen orb will get a slight nerf. Thats about it.

Wallach

The complete re-balance for the wizard has already happened. When blizzard sat down to rework the classes for RoS (and loot 2.0 patch) the wiz was the first class they worked on. It's complete. They had the most time to spend on them and it shows. If you're talking about nerfs, at most frozen orb will get a slight nerf. Thats about it.

I suspect they will cut the per-hit of Frozen Orb in half.

Dahbomb

They will probably also nerf their passives as well as the resistance gain from high Intelligence count much like they did with Monk/DHs.

And yea Wizards feel complete as a class, more so than any other class. They definitely had the most work done on them. In comparison the Monks feel incomplete skills/element wise. Many of their spirit generators lack element variety (either almost all physical or all lightning) as do some of their Spirit users like Wall of Light. And of course their lack of DPS enhancing passives.

scy

Maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to guarantee sockets? Or some way to tell if you'll get sockets?

Mystic lets you reroll a single affix on an item into something else. Just reroll enough times until you get a Socket.

Dahbomb

It should be noted that Enchanting a socket has the lowest chance among all the choices. You can easily end up sinking 20 Souls into it after getting countless Vitality rolls, which has the highest chance after main stat (most weapons come with that anyway).

It's still better than pretty much any other affix that you can get making sockets mandatory on weapons.

TTOOLL

Haven't bought RoS yet so I'm just trying to reach T6 with my monk. I've just killed Azmodan like 10 times and I got shit. When I say Azmodan I obviously mean those elites before him too.
This isn't the best way to farm, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom