• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Just finished RoS!
From start to finish of Act I, I've managed to get my Crusader to lvl 59. (Almost lvl 60, so close).

It was a very fun ride. Loved every second of it, I just hope that Adventure Mode can keep me coming back day after day like the campaign did for me...

RivalCore

lol .... I dinged 70 this morning on basically a brand new wiz and it's already more powerful than my monk by a long shot.

ht7eDc5.jpg

First re-roll .... I roll AR into 100 CD

Not quite as godly as yours, but I got my +fire after 3 rolls. Pretty happy about it for my Monk.

tQZoyID.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not quite as godly as yours, but I got my +fire after 3 rolls. Pretty happy about it for my Monk.

tQZoyID.jpg

I have this and a polearm that spawns 5 cows to fight for me

Shame they dont work at the same time :(

My favorite item proc is the ring i got that will give me up to 90% more life regen based on how much life is missing

Gotchaye

Kind of a silly concern, but I don't get new transmogrification options for finding Firebird's set items. They don't even show up when I look at transmogrification options for those items themselves, and so I'm a little worried that if I transmogrify them I won't be able to recover their original look.

Settin

Praise be to the +%dmg to element and +%dmg to ability affixes. I rolled 33% lightning damage and 40% impale damage across several items today, and now I 1-shot regular mobs on T1.

TheYanger

It should be noted that Enchanting a socket has the lowest chance among all the choices. You can easily end up sinking 20 Souls into it after getting countless Vitality rolls, which has the highest chance after main stat (most weapons come with that anyway).

It's still better than pretty much any other affix that you can get making sockets mandatory on weapons.

Source? I've rolled plenty of weapons into sockets.

Nokterian

I can all ready say that this game fulfilled my money's worth in just a week after release. Having a lot of fun with EU Gaffers doing rifts! Love it with those weird names when your in rift and all those enemy's.

Dahbomb

Source? I've rolled plenty of weapons into sockets.
So have I but it has been far harder to roll something into a socket than it is to roll into a main stat.

I don't have a source on this more like just testing and chance. Like you get WAY more main stat/vit rolls than anything else... it can't just be RNG at this point.

I also believe that the ranking of the stats in the question mark is by most likely to least likely. You can call me a liar or whatever but this is what it appears to me.

I have spent 25 Souls on one weapon and 20 another trying to get a socket. I eventually got it. Compared to getting Dexterity on any piece... never takes me more than 3-4 rolls.

Kacho

Look at all that real estate on the map. How many expansions will be needed to fill it up? The possibilities excite me.

Doomsayer

Guys, I'm having a bit of a problem here.

Whenever I enter a rift, I get disconnected. Like even my internet goes down... what is this?

kirblar

Are there any character classes whom the Enchantress is a good support for when soloing? I've used Templar for my Ranged bros and Scoundrel for my Melee ones so far.

Dreavus

If you guys are playing with friends and looking for more armor/weapon skins, you can pass around legendaries that drop to unlock their appearance.

You don't even need to equip them, just have them in your inventory briefly.

Dahbomb

Are there any character classes whom the Enchantress is a good support for when soloing? I've used Templar for my Ranged bros and Scoundrel for my Melee ones so far.
I use Enchantress. Her charm effect is pretty powerful, her aura gives you some boost and she has a field that amplifies your own damage. Pretty decent Follower IMO.

Scoundrel with an ice bow is pretty strong though.

Yep easily. Played all classes and wizards just roll everything at T1 atleast compared to other classes on t1. My mirrorball magic missile fire rune is doing over 6 million on crits (3x2.5m) dmg for a signature move and pierces all mobs so it clears trash quick and is decent dmg.

I think it's all the % multiplier on their passives that just keeps scaling up and up with better gear. People think it's frozen orb being broken but it's not.

They have a lot of solid damage spenders and 3 really good passive self-buffs. The wizard lends itself to classic Diablo 2 play now: you really only have to use 2 active skills to be really effective, and people like that level of laziness. Throw on Magic Weapon, Familiar and your armor of choice, put a signature on m1 and a spender on m2 then either archon or some utility spell on 1 and you've got a wizard.

Frozen Orb is broken and does too much damage. I don't really think it's a bug, but it is OP. However, their other spenders are good enough that it doesn't matter. Even if they nerf it, disintegrate, meteor and arcane torrent are right there waiting to be used instead. The other AO runes are decent too. Ray of Frost with sleet storm is pretty good too.

It should be noted that Enchanting a socket has the lowest chance among all the choices. You can easily end up sinking 20 Souls into it after getting countless Vitality rolls, which has the highest chance after main stat (most weapons come with that anyway).

It's still better than pretty much any other affix that you can get making sockets mandatory on weapons.

And it's still really stupid how overly valuable it is. Weapons are essentially worthless without a socket.

ekimneems

Neo Member
I quit playing this game 3-4 months after launch, and now I've got RoS and Loot 2.0 and I feel like I'm playing a completely new game. So overwhelming to have to basically re-learn everything. That said, my 60 Monk is doing just fine with whatever random rares I'm finding on Expert in Act V.

So much more fun than it was when I quit. But I've got a lot to re-learn.

Settin

I use her with my DH, but that's mainly because I rolled the item that makes the follower immortal. The CC is nice for some of the nastier elite packs.

lordy88

tQZoyID.jpg

Isn't this a really dumb Unique affix though?

You get a massacre bonus after you just demolished a giant group of enemies. Most often, when you get this bonus, there are no more enemies left to fight.

So, with no baddies to kill, this amulet decides to give you 4 skeletons for only 10 seconds. To fight nothing and giving you such a small window of time to find another enemy that it seems incredibly pointless.

Skab

I find that who you use really depends on your gear and skill build.

If youre having trouble staying a live, Templar can be a big help. But on the other hand, if you're a WD running a Rhen'ho Flayer frogs build, Enchantress is good to use thanks to the extra attack speed she provides.

There is no single best follower, IMO.

ZenaxPure

She's pretty much the best Follower for everyone.

Not really, I used to use her at 60 but I can't live without the Templar nowadays. Extra fury generation alone makes me use him, but, with his legendary skill relic I also get 2 heals that each heal for about 150k, 5k life regen on top of what I have, and he puts a slow on most of the stuff around him which is handy as a melee character.

garath

So have I but it has been far harder to roll something into a socket than it is to roll into a main stat.

I don't have a source on this more like just testing and chance. Like you get WAY more main stat/vit rolls than anything else... it can't just be RNG at this point.

I also believe that the ranking of the stats in the question mark is by most likely to least likely. You can call me a liar or whatever but this is what it appears to me.

I have spent 25 Souls on one weapon and 20 another trying to get a socket. I eventually got it. Compared to getting Dexterity on any piece... never takes me more than 3-4 rolls.

Its because there are more options for the random magical properties (of which one of them is a socket) than main stat options. Simple statistics. It has the same chance as any of the other properties on the list.

wsippel

Banned
Haven't bought RoS yet so I'm just trying to reach T6 with my monk. I've just killed Azmodan like 10 times and I got shit. When I say Azmodan I obviously mean those elites before him too.
This isn't the best way to farm, is it?
Best area to farm legs is probably still the second quest in Act I, the Wretched Mother thing. Piss easy and slow enemies, the mothers are guaranteed to drop something, and you pretty much always get one unique, a pack of elites, at least one chest and usually one treasure goblin, all over the course of five minutes or something. Every drop is a potential legendary, so guaranteed drops from easy enemies are what you're looking for.

I wish we could save skill/gear builds. I play my DH completely different if I am Solo as opposed to playing with my friend who can tank quite well. When solo I need to use some more defensive/survivability skills but if I am playing with my friend I normally just chill back and dish out as much AoE damage as I can. Thankfully I don't change gear at the moment but changing my skills each time is a bit of a pain.

scy

Not really, I used to use her at 60 but I can't live without the Templar nowadays. Extra fury generation alone makes me use him, but, with his legendary skill relic I also get 2 heals that each heal for about 150k, 5k life regen on top of what I have, and he puts a slow on most of the stuff around him which is handy as a melee character.

Fair enough. Enchantress is still the best DPS source with the ASPD buff and Damage% debuff, which is usually what most people use Followers for: Roaming buffs.

This does remind me that I need to reroll my Templar's Relic since it rolled DEX >>

Edit: Though that might not be the case if you have the Scoundrel Legendary for all his skills. Crit Chance and Hysteria combined is probably better then and the Enchantress becomes the CC option.

Narag

I wish we could save skill/gear builds. I play my DH completely different if I am Solo as opposed to playing with my friend who can tank quite well. When solo I need to use some more defensive/survivability skills but if I am playing with my friend I normally just chill back and dish out as much AoE damage as I can. Thankfully I don't change gear at the moment but changing my skills each time is a bit of a pain.

That'd be nice.

Best area to farm legs is probably still the second quest in Act I, the Wretched Mother thing. Piss easy and slow enemies, the mothers are guaranteed to drop something, and you pretty much always get one unique, a pack of elites, at least one chest and usually one treasure goblin, all over the course of five minutes or something. Every drop is a potential legendary, so guaranteed drops from easy enemies are what you're looking for.

Does this work in Adventure mode? Going back to areas in Campaign mode still confuses me. Never know if I am going to get stuck there or if I can just switch back to the later acts at my own will.

Dahbomb

Its because there are more options for the random magical properties (of which one of them is a socket) than main stat options. Simple statistics. It has the same chance as any of the other properties on the list.
Main stat option is PART of the random magical properties.

Like if I had a weapon that already had a socket but I wanted +% damage roll... theoretically I should have an equal chance of it rolling Dexterity (assuming there isn't already one on there) as +% damage (one out of 13 I think). However, in practical application it appears that it's far easier to roll main stat on that weapon than +% damage. Same for socket versus main stat. And I count Vitality as main stat too in this case.. at the very least it's second most common.

I can't be the only one who feels this way. And this isn't just Enchanting but how itemization generally works as drops. A majority of your drops will come with main stat and vitality... it's much rarer to find a dual crit item by itself (and missing a main stat) than it is to find main stat + vitality.

scy

Most my weapons rolled sockets super early so eh, it's just random. I haven't kept extensive notes on them, though, so it's just anecdotal evidence across like ~500 rerolls. It's just random chance.

Tom Penny

U have to use a primary stat to roll a socket dont you? Secondly what happens when you choose damage as a reroll? How does that affect the actual weapons damage?

Main stat option is PART of the random magical properties.

Like if I had a weapon that already had a socket but I wanted +% damage roll... theoretically I should have an equal chance of it rolling Dexterity (assuming there isn't already one on there) as +% damage (one out of 13 I think). However, in practical application it appears that it's far easier to roll main stat on that weapon than +% damage. Same for socket versus main stat. And I count Vitality as main stat too in this case.. at the very least it's second most common.

I can't be the only one who feels this way. And this isn't just Enchanting but how itemization generally works as drops. A majority of your drops will come with main stat and vitality... it's much rarer to find a dual crit item by itself (and missing a main stat) than it is to find main stat + vitality.

I'm pretty sure there's a tier system too.

Also, call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm pretty sure it was easier to roll crit chance/damage/attack speed during the first couple of days. I was getting trifecta gloves like candy. Now, not so much

scy

U have to use a primary stat to roll a socket dont you? Secondly what happens when you choose damage as a reroll? How does that affect the actual weapons damage?

Damage%? It adds +X% to the non-elemental component of the damage.

I'm pretty sure there's a tier system too.

Also, call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm pretty sure it was easier to roll crit chance/damage/attack speed during the first couple of days. I was getting trifecta gloves like candy. Now, not so much

I get multiple bad trifectas every day so I dunno about that.

Dahbomb

1) Yea socket counts as a primary affix and you can only roll primary stats into each other and secondary stats into each other.

2) Do you mean +% damage or just the 1100-1300 damage range?

The +% damage acts like every other magic affix, you can exchange +% damage for a socket if you want.

The 1100-1300 DPS range can be exchanged for other damage values and element type (which is irrelevant for the most part except if you are crafting a weapon for a Scoundrel).

So let's say you have a weapon that has a socket, +% damage stat and main stat... only thing it's lacking in is that it has a weak damage roll. You can roll the damage roll and get something higher and a different element.

I get multiple bad trifectas every day so I dunno about that.
Compared to how many with main stat + vit items?

I am not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a socket or dual crits... I am saying there's a less chance than getting main stat/vit.

Tom Penny

I meant damage range. Both weapons i have no sockets :( havent been able to play due to lack of internet so i have no materials to roll sockets.

Azulsky

rTrdRsC.jpg

Will roll this to STR whenever I get around to using a barb or crus

While it may be an upgrade it will never be as good as an item the crus/barb found himself

The problem is that you will be socketless or stuck with the wrong main stat.

scy

The 1100-1300 DPS range can be exchanged for other damage values and element type (which is irrelevant for the most part except if you are crafting a weapon for a Scoundrel).

It's relevant if you have +Damage% on the weapon since it doesn't apply to Elemental. Besides that, Crusader's Holy Cause only works with +X-Y Holy Damage so there's that too.

But, yeah, pretty much doesn't matter outside of that.

Compared to how many with main stat + vit items?

I am not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a socket or dual crits... I am saying there's a less chance than getting main stat/vit.

I gamble something like 20-30 items in bulk. The variety across them is about what you'd expect: A random assortment. No stat really stands out as showing up unreasonably more than anything else.

As for Mystic rerolling, most my rerolls are on items already with VIT so I can't comment on how extra prevalent that may or may not be (though I don't remember seeing it much on my Gloves or Amulet rerolls). I mean, if it's totally necessary I can probably sit through ~100 something rerolls and track it.

Dahbomb

I mean, if it's totally necessary I can probably sit through ~100 something rerolls and track it.
I would only ask you to do that if you actually want to re-roll an item.

Just keep track of re-roll to see how many times you get main stat/vitality versus a more desired stat (like socket).

I meant damage range. Both weapons i have no sockets
You can re-roll damage range for something higher.

Love the randomness of the rifts. Some seem short and easy and others are deep with non-stop mobs until the guardian pops.

Earlier one rift left very little space for escape to add to the challenge.

Won

I guess I'm very lucky then. Last two weapons dropped with a socket and the one before rolled sockets twice on the first enchant attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom