• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

They're worth it in the sense you get the Legendary stat values for the Main Stat and ASPD / CDR. Probably better off with a proper actual Legendary with a special affix instead though.

I have like 20 Journals, though, so if I ever find the plan I'm gonna just craft the shit out of them just for the sake of it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So uhhhh, I was just coasting off my previous gold reserve but I'm down to my last 5 million and uhhhh how are we supposed to make money? Vendor instead of DE?

scy

So uhhhh, I was just coasting off my previous gold reserve but I'm down to my last 5 million and uhhhh how are we supposed to make money? Vendor instead of DE?

Basically. I made like ~10M gold last night from rift runs
grats 1 Flawless Royal

I mean, what are you going to do with 3000 Veiled Crystals anyway?

grats 1 Flawless Royal

Put em on the Auction... oh wait.

I just saw what i needed for Utar's Roar screw that, who came up with the idea of Chiltara being the only mob that drops the frozen blood.

DryvBy

6ApVOe5.jpg

Now to grind out a socket...

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
grats 1 Flawless Royal

Start vendoring those Rares son.

Yeah I guess that's what it's gonna be.

Crafting these flawless royals JESUS. I swear it cost me 8mil just to make one emerald.

rBoIrUh.png

I think if I can grind out a socket on this thing I could make a really fun build around blessed shield. What should I reroll?

Ashodin

Still working on my build, but I'm closer to figuring out how this awesome 2H Zeal spec will really dish out the madness.

Andariel's Visage is a must. Get dat Holy damage % on it.

I'll offer more as I figure out exactly what to do, go after, and spec. But I'm extremely excited about it, as I think I can manage it without ever taking any shields or passives.

I love making builds that go against what the class is for.

SO EXHILIRATING

Gaz_RB

I started playing this game at a horrible time. Midterms, group projects, papers... what have I done.

Just one more rift run.

Chocobro

Hey guys, should I bother rerolling a socket into my Azurewrath or just use it as is and hope for a better weapon (or a version with INT)? If the former, reroll the IAS to the socket? Using it on my wizard for what it's worth.
c8229a4c52ddb0ff66b4dd45f62fb889.png

ElyrionX

If the choice is between attack speed and socket on a weapon, is it virtually a no-brainer to always go for a socket (which is efffectively critical hit damage)?

Also, I'm having trouble understanding the elemental skill +% damage and specific skill +% damage affixes? How valuable are these?

Say if I have an affix that says Lightning skills do 15% more damage and another one that says Electrocute does 15% more damage. For the purpose of calaculating Electrocute's damage output, do these two affixes have the exact same effect?

Also, at which stage of the damage calculations do these affixes come in? If a cold skill does 400% weapon damage, does a +15% cold skill affix increase the damage to 415% weapon damage or does it apply the 15% bonus multiplicatively (ie. 460%)?

so where is the best place to level from 44-60/70 on a new char/new account? I'm at diablo but I want to hit at least 60 for his guaranteed legendary.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
My Barb is at a middling 150k DPS and I can't seem to improve him. Super frustrating.

Well if it makes you feel better, my crusader was at 200k for 2 days after hitting 70 and over this weekend I jumped from 200k to 810k,

Upgrades come but you have to work for them.

A lot of upgrades didn't even start out as upgrades I had to use the mystic to roll something. I dumped a lot of time into the mystic.

Basically, even if you don't get upgrades, try turning some things that are almost there into upgrades. 5 or 6 prop yellows are an excellent candidate for this.

RDreamer

I'm getting nothing but fucking legendary amulets. They're good amulets, sure, but I've already got some! Especially sucks since they're automatically account bound...

DSmalls84

I'm getting nothing but fucking legendary amulets. They're good amulets, sure, but I've already got some! Especially sucks since they're automatically account bound...

I think everyone has one type of item they always get. I get a ton of weapons but haven't found a leg shield at all for my crusader.

If the choice is between attack speed and socket on a weapon, is it virtually a no-brainer to always go for a socket (which is efffectively critical hit damage)?

Also, I'm having trouble understanding the elemental skill +% damage and specific skill +% damage affixes? How valuable are these?

Say if I have an affix that says Lightning skills do 15% more damage and another one that says Electrocute does 15% more damage. For the purpose of calaculating Electrocute's damage output, do these two affixes have the exact same effect?

Also, at which stage of the damage calculations do these affixes come in? If a cold skill does 400% weapon damage, does a +15% cold skill affix increase the damage to 415% weapon damage or does it apply the 15% bonus multiplicatively (ie. 460%)?

Plus skill and elemental damage is pretty useful, especially if you start to stack it. In your electrocute example, those are equivalent, except the general lightning affix will affect all lightning skills, not just electrocute.

The bonus is multiplicative. Doesn't show on your sheet damage anywhere, but you'll see the difference when you turn on damage numbers.

KarmaCow

It's pretty amazing how a little time/gold spent re-rolling stats can significantly boost your stats. I almost doubled (my meagre ~250k) damage with some rerolls for crit damage and crits on my gear.

Plus skill and elemental damage is pretty useful, especially if you start to stack it. In your electrocute example, those are equivalent, except the general lightning affix will affect all lightning skills, not just electrocute.

The bonus is multiplicative. Doesn't show on your sheet damage anywhere, but you'll see the difference when you turn on damage numbers.

On this elemental damage note, how does Elemental Exposure passive for Wizard work?

Let's say I have a weapon with arcane damage, and i use electrocute. Does arcane and lightning elemental stack on for the passive? Or my Frozen orb with arcane damage weapon?

On this elemental damage note, how does Elemental Exposure passive for Wizard work?

Let's say I have a weapon with arcane damage, and i use electrocute. Does arcane and lightning elemental stack on for the passive? Or my Frozen orb with arcane damage weapon?

I haven't levelled my wizard to 70 yet, so I haven't tried this passive myself. My assumption would be that it only considers the final elemental type when it hits the target, so in your arcane weapon / electrocute example, you only get one stack from the lightning damage.

The tooltip is a little unclear with the specific callout about weapons, I'd guess that only refers to the passive working when making weapon attacks without a skill.

Might have to do a little empirical testing yourself and report back!

ElyrionX

Hmm, if it's multiplicative then it's just as powerful as I thought it was.

It does make gearing a little less straightforward though, which is a good thing. For example, main stat plus crit are the key affixes on a bracer but then you now have ar, vit and skill dmg fighting for two slots.

Dahbomb

Skill damage doesn't come on Bracers.

It seems to me that the formula for skill bonuses is the following:

Signature spells: Belts and Pants
Main resource using spell (like Cluster Bombs, LTK): Helm, Boots
Utility damage spell (like Sweeping Wind, Sentry): Shoulders, Chest

+% Element damage only rolls on Amulets and Bracers.

Tarazet

Speaking of which, does anyone think Pender's Purchase is worth making? I got the plans but they don't seem worth it.

I got a trifecta one on the first try, but it's nothing you can't get with a well rolled rare. I replaced it with a Crusader set piece the next day that had a higher Strength roll, and watched my friend roll one that came out as complete garbage.

ElyrionX

Skill damage doesn't come on Bracers.

It seems to me that the formula for skill bonuses is the following:

Signature spells: Belts and Pants
Main resource using spell (like Cluster Bombs, LTK): Helm, Boots
Utility damage spell (like Sweeping Wind, Sentry): Shoulders, Chest

+% Element damage only rolls on Amulets and Bracers.

Bracers' elemental damage are skill based. The affix states something like "Cold skills do 15% more damage". It's a different affix from the +% element damage affix.

Legendary. Crafting. Sucks.

First, you need to get the plan. That could take a while.
Then you need the mats. The specific ascended white items could take a while.
Then there's the specific legendary material needed for each.

I'm trying to get a few cartographers toolkits. They drop from enemy that spawns during an event. The event doens't even spawn every game. I've done it 6 times now with no drop. Over an hour of trying. All for 1 legendary craft that will likely spawn with bad stats anyway.

Dahbomb

Bracers' elemental damage are skill based. The affix states something like "Cold skills do 15% more damage". It's a different affix from the +% element damage affix.
That IS the +% elemental damage affix I was talking about, I just worded it differently for brevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom