• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

That IS the +% elemental damage affix I was talking about, I just worded it differently for brevity.

Yes, I know what you're referring. But what I'm saying is that it is still considered a skill damage affix when you said it is not. The distinction is important because these affixes will only affect specific skills whereas the +% element damage affix affects everything afaik though these are rarer in RoS.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Legendary. Crafting. Sucks.

First, you need to get the plan. That could take a while.
Then you need the mats. The specific ascended white items could take a while.
Then there's the specific legendary material needed for each.

I'm trying to get a few cartographers toolkits. They drop from enemy that spawns during an event. The event doens't even spawn every game. I've done it 6 times now with no drop. Over an hour of trying. All for 1 legendary craft that will likely spawn with bad stats anyway.

Yeah it's kind of a pain I had to craft a legendary pair of boots earlier today, thankfully it's hard to get truly unusable boots, and nothing a good use of the mystic can't fix anyways.

I think it would just a lot better if mats dropped in batches of 2-6 or something.

I'd also like it if you could get more than one forgotten soul per disenchanted legendary. It's hard as hell to use the mystic with multiple legendaries,

GorillaJu

I'm trying to get a few cartographers toolkits. They drop from enemy that spawns during an event. The event doens't even spawn every game. I've done it 6 times now with no drop. Over an hour of trying. All for 1 legendary craft that will likely spawn with bad stats anyway.

I farmed Maghda for about 4 hours to get two Souls for Cain's set. Then I had to spend 20 million gold making the flawless royal gems and farm rifts for forgotten souls. It's pretty awful but is worth it with some items, like Cain's two-set bonus which is 8% IAS

Xevren

I already hate farming for legendary crafting ingredients. Right now on my wish list is getting better rolls on my Hallowed weapons for my monk. Between getting white claws and angelic shards...ugh.

Atlantis

Yay, Act V finished! That boss was crazy.

I've now stayed up hours beyond when I had planned to go to bed grinding rifts and bounties.

TheYanger

Speaking of which, does anyone think Pender's Purchase is worth making? I got the plans but they don't seem worth it.

They, along with all legendary patterns, have higher primary stats. You want the same shit on your penders as you do on a yellow, but the same rolls will have more str/dex/int/vit guaranteed (the lowest end on penders is 1 above the max on a yellow).

lexi

Banned
My assumption would be that it only considers the final elemental type when it hits the target, so in your arcane weapon / electrocute example, you only get one stack from the lightning damage.

I don't believe this is true. Arcane weapon / electrocute applies 2 elements straight away. Assuming you have Familiar Sparkflint there's your 3rd with fire. Round it out with Frozen Orb for frost and you're set.

Finally. 1 hour and 45 minutes of farming a Cartographers toolkit really paid off. What a cool legendary item!

PhUnY1m.png

Oh wait. No.....

Dreavus

I am okay with the legendary set plans. It's kind of like a way to give you a full set if you can put the time in farming up the mats.

Legendary plans for just plan old "Rares with better max rolls" are a waste of everyone's time. EDIT: Unless your pretty lucky I guess.

Sanctuary

How do you get your game to start in a specific act during Adventure Mode? Initially it kept starting in Act V, no matter what I did in the campaign mode. Eventually, I hit a checkpoint in Act 1 and from then on it kept starting me in Act 1.

I wanted to start in Act 3, so I played the campaign until I hit a checkpoint, but it still keeps starting me in Act 1.

dengatron

i farmed a white quality doubleshot for 3.5 hours, and when i finally made the bow, it was 2300 dps with int. fuck crafting anything except for the reaper wraps that i get for free every time i reset my quests.

Rokam

How do you get your game to start in a specific act during Adventure Mode? Initially it kept starting in Act V, no matter what I did in the campaign mode. Eventually, I hit a checkpoint in Act 1 and from then on it kept starting me in Act 1.

I wanted to start in Act 3, so I played the campaign until I hit a checkpoint, but it still keeps starting me in Act 1.

It starts you in one of the acts that is granting bonus shards.

Sorry I don't have an answer, but can i ask why this matters? In regards to selecting which bounties you want to run it's pretty easy to just hit M and then zoom out one level on the map to choose which Act you want to do, or to see which act has the bonus.

My question however is what do we know about the 'bonus' is it just more exp for those specific bounties?

oh well two birds in one stone, thanks

Sanctuary

Then I must have had some super bizarre RNG when it started me in Act V over twenty times in a row.

Sorry I don't have an answer, but can i ask why this matters? In regards to selecting which bounties you want to run it's pretty easy to just hit M and then zoom out one level on the map to choose which Act you want to do, or to see which act has the bonus.

Because when I want to do Rakkis Crossing on T6 for gold, I don't want to have to keep clicking to the world map. Call me lazy, but it gets pretty annoying having to do that every time.

Sanctuary

Believe it's the same one no matter what until they change.

Wait, I get it now. I think anyway. Are you saying the bonus bounties will stay the same forever until you finish one of them? Otherwise I don't know about that. When I was doing Rakkis the other night for two hours straight, it always started me in Act 3. Although I honestly didn't check to see what the bonus areas were.

Totakeke

I spent 5 hours farming for the Reaper's Wraps material because the first one I made was complete rubbish. 5 hours later and still no drop. Plus the farm was going straight to the boss too, no random spawns just straight kills. They said they're going to buff it but I can't see it being much better.

Sigmaah

Game has been trolling me with buttcheek legendaries. All I'm getting are shitty rings and belts, getting me tight as fuck. GIMME DA GOOD SHIT GAME!

Nete

I really love my Blade of Prophecy, but I would *kill* for a Fate of the Fell.

Also, The Mortal Drama is the best item name in all D3.

EDIT: Talking about Mortal Drama... just dropped.

be3c145b1668a20dcce979857cf5f140.png

Dahbomb

Yes, I know what you're referring. But what I'm saying is that it is still considered a skill damage affix when you said it is not. The distinction is important because these affixes will only affect specific skills whereas the +% element damage affix affects everything afaik though these are rarer in RoS.
I don't think these are two different affixes. There is only one element bonus and it's the one that applies to skills.

I have not seen anything that isn't "X skills deal 15% more damage".

Svafnir

Isn't there an item that reduce Blessed Shield cost to zero? Gyrfalcon's Foote flail. It seems to be missing from that list.

Item is in my database, I just did not have it tagged with "modify skills" I tagged it now. It's on the list.

Thanks!

(I tagged all the items in the database with what they do so I can easily sort them, sometimes I miss a tag or two)

The cracks are starting to show in this game's "endgame". I have no problem grinding for hours for legendary items; but when 90% of them are worse than the rares I'm using, I start to question what I'm doing.

Svafnir

With the rate they are given, if they were all great. What's the point? Oh cool in 20 hours I am done the end game.

But they are also adding tiered rifts and ladders which should be a good end game.

Dahbomb

The cracks are starting to show in this game's "endgame". I have no problem grinding for hours for legendary items; but when 90% of them are worse than the rares I'm using, I start to question what I'm doing.
I kinda like that Rares are still viable for end game. Legendaries are still end game (if you get a godly roll on a Legendary it beats any Rare) but like PoE it's fine to have Rares.

Although eventually everyone will have a full Legendary gear by true end game. Right now it's easier to get solid Rares than solid Legendaries.

Just like Fenderputty posted that Amulet, no Rare can beat that. The Intell roll is above the Rare stat budget AND it comes with a very strong secondary effect. It's that kind of item that keeps you playing.

Gaz_RB

Such is the nature of ARPGs... Every once in a while you question what the hell you are doing and why you care so much about a percentage point or two stat increase. Why am I wasting my time with this? What am I accomplishing? Then you shake your head and grind on.

Dinskugga

Im fine with that. Because it wouldnt be fun if every item is a upgrade. And you can save some items witch enchantning.

I think its a good line between finding a upgrade and not finding one.

And many legendary have unqiue things that can change how you will play your char.
Atleast i change my gamestyle after my items i have.

And i hope you are lvl 70 because its a really big step for legendary before and after that level.

scy

I really love my Blade of Prophecy, but I would *kill* for a Fate of the Fell.

Also, The Mortal Drama is the best item name in all D3.

EDIT: Talking about Mortal Drama... just dropped.

Meanwhile, the only Crusader Legendary I've seen has been 2x of the Random Law Hammer.

:(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I just received quite possibly the most overpowered item in existence

Its a dagger with a proc that says "you have 100% crit chance while at full health"

Came from a horadric cache

Same drop also gave me a crusader shield where blocked hits are reduced to 50% damage

Even "good" legendaries will probably need to be rerolled at least a few times to make them "great" though. Forgotten Souls are still fairly scarce, even if you get one something like 50% of the time from a rift guardian. I mean I'm sitting on hundreds of Veiled Crystals, but haven't had more than a dozen or so souls around at once.

And that's without even touching legendary ring or amulet rerolls which require rather expensive gems as well.

Tiered rifts with leaderboards and ladders will definitely extend the life of the game though. I've already gotten to the point when it's a little stale on my Wizard where most of her gear is "acceptable" if not completely "optimal" or perfect. Though that's just one build - if I want to roll with fire or arcane skills, I'd need to collect additional gear. Not to mention playing/gearing other classes. While I'm sure I'll get bored of the game as is eventually, the cyclical nature of ladders (especially if they have rewards like special transmogs) should be enough to reel me back in every now and again.

Kharn and I are doing Manglemaw T5 runs currently. If there's a high damage Monk or Wiz out there (even better both!), join us and we cna do him T6 ez.

While I'm sure I'll get bored of the game as is eventually, the cyclical nature of ladders (especially if they have rewards like special transmogs) should be enough to reel me back in every now and again.

Fill me in. What would ladders do in Diablo? I understand the point for competitive games but I'm confused as to how it would apply here.

Also, I broke a million DPS, but I don't think that tells the whole story. Magic missile is 3x stronger than normal O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom