• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

As far as I know, caches work like this

They have a hidden level on them, but roll when and where you open them.

So if you get a cache at level 30 but you open it in t6 at 70, you'll get the t6 amount of loot but it will all be 30.

Niiice! Did not knew about this either! I will open them all at t6 then!
What about the loot? If I have a cache that I got from normal, can it drop those special torment gears if I open on T6??

Insaniac

I don't believe this is true. Arcane weapon / electrocute applies 2 elements straight away. Assuming you have Familiar Sparkflint there's your 3rd with fire. Round it out with Frozen Orb for frost and you're set.

best way to test this would probably be with tal rasha set proc

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck sake, servers are crashing again. Apparently it's because of DDos.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Niiice! Did not knew about this either! I will open them all at t6 then!
What about the loot? If I have a cache that I got from normal, can it drop those special torment gears if I open on T6??

Yep! Basically the main loot farming strat at the moment is to do all bounties on normal difficulty, get a bunch of caches. Then make a game on torment 6 and open them all up.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yep! Basically the main loot farming strat at the moment is to do all bounties on normal difficulty, get a bunch of caches. Then make a game on torment 6 and open them all up.

I've read several sources saying the loot in the caches is rolled the moment you get them, not when you open them. It wouldn't make any sense if it works the way you say, so easily abused.

MedIC86

It is confirmed by a blue poster that this doesnt work. You can get a lvl 40 cache and open it in T6, and still is lvl 40. This is just a rumour because someone once got a good drop while doing this (by luck). the cache is determined on the difficulty on which you get it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Does difficulty change the items that can be gambled? if you gamble in torment can you get those exclusive set items?

No, Kadala can give any Legendary except class-specific sets and the Horadric cache-only Legendaries. Difficulty doesn't matter afaik.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It is confirmed by a blue poster that this doesnt work. You can get a lvl 40 cache and open it in T6, and still is lvl 40. This is just a rumour because someone once got a good drop while doing this (by luck). the cache is determined on the difficulty on which you get it.

It doesn't affect the legendary items, but using this method does allow Imperial gems to drop from bags farmed on normal.

garath

Mmmh all my recent drops on DH brought really down my CC so now I only have +4.5% and I'm using the DH passive to outdo that. Should I reroll everything to CC? Right now due to the frequent changes to my equipment I'm trying various skill combos but nothing seems to work efficiently.
This is my equip, any tips would be appreciated (yes, I need to regem :p)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Link-2866/hero/102681

Crit chance is a must.

A few GAF'ers have talked about DH/monk dps itemization and I've been slowly... slowly... working my way there.

Basically you're looking for rings and gloves that have Dex/vit/crit chance/crit damage. Possibly swapping out vit for attack speed if you are so inclined. Amulet same thing.. Big crit chance.

Use the chest, shoulders and legs for defensive stats. Head roll some defense with some crit chance in there.

3 sockets on chest, 2 sockets on legs. socket on each weapon.

Here's my profile. My gloves I rerolled the att speed to crit and I rolled the socket on the xbow. Obviously I have a long way to go. New rings, level 70 amulet, new belt, reroll the armor on my boots, find another high dps 1h xbow to socket, etc.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've read several sources saying the loot in the caches is rolled the moment you get them, not when you open them. It wouldn't make any sense if it works the way you say, so easily abused.

Naw it works lmao, I've been doing it like this since release.

One day I had a scare that they hot fixed it, but if you open the cache on normal vs t6 there is a very obvious difference. Besides I think caches have a limited loot table , the real difference is the amount of stuff dropped.

V_Arnold

No, not at all, but considering the history of Blizz Euro service, then it's probably Blizz.

Yeah, I would give you that easily (I joke about that one single outdated server in an alley somewhere in France too), but if DDoS comes, anything breaks. Mostly anything.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm afraid I must join the OT with a whiny first post...

Decided to get into Reapers of Souls today since I really loved Diablo III. Disappointed to see that their online infrastructure seems to be as shit as back then. Is this usual? Just to get the game?

0wvepnv.png

Also, I purchased today RoS, got a confirmation from Paypal but nothing shows up in my account hours later. Is that usual or should I raise a ticket?

TheYanger

Decided to get into Reapers of Souls today since I really loved Diablo III. Disappointed to see that their online infrastructure seems to be as shit as back then. Is this usual? Just to get the game?

Also, I purchased today RoS, got a confirmation from Paypal but nothing shows up in my account hours later. Is that usual or should I raise a ticket?

Haven't had a queue to log into the b.net client...ever. So, idk exactly what's up with that. Either way once it's logged in you just leave it open forever sorta like steam so it won't matter.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

It has happened twice since the release of RoS. Apparently it's due to DDos and it's not Blizzard's architecture so if that's true it's really not their fault. RoS is really fantastic so don't let this ruin it for you.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It has happened twice since the release of RoS. Apparently it's due to DDos and it's not Blizzard's architecture so if that's true it's really not their fault. RoS is really fantastic so don't let this ruin it for you.

Thanks chaps, sounds like I picked just a really unlucky day to get on board.

Need to chase my missing purchase meanwhile then... Getting to submit a ticket on their site is harder than I'd imagine completing the game on Expert would be :D

Kacho

You EU folks are getting slammed, huh? God damn. There was some dude who posted his frustrations on the US forums. haha

Xevren

Alright so with 810k dps and 7.2mil thoughness I am breezing through T1 rifts on my Crusader.

Well breezing through everything unless the rift guardian is the cheap knock off ghom.

Crusader stuff

So my gear was already great and decided to try what you had. Oh my god I'm in love, thank you for posting all this.

Totakeke

I got a Kridershot... except the dps is kinda low compared to my 1h.

So what makes the Danetta's dps so much higher? I guess in this case it's the inherent attack speed? Looking at the damage rolls it's not exactly low on the Kridershot either, but the dps difference is very significant. Also, how are weapon damage calculated into skills? It's not using the dps right?

Having elemental arrow as a hatred generator is soo good though. Hmm. I guess I'll try to reroll the vit into increased damage to elites to make up some that difference.

So what makes the Danetta's dps so much higher? I guess in this case it's the inherent attack speed? Looking at the damage rolls it's not exactly low on the Kridershot either, but the dps difference is very significant. Also, how are weapon damage calculated into skills? It's not using the dps right?

Having elemental arrow as a hatred generator is soo good though. Hmm. I guess I'll try to reroll the vit into increased damage to elites to make up some that difference.

You are correct, it's the attack speed. Take that kridershot to the mystic and reroll the vitality, and you'll see a big difference.

I just wish we could get some kind of OFFICIAL confimation about Horadric Cache's. Everyone seems to think different things and no one can agree on whether increasing the difficulty does anything or whether the difficulty where they drop affects what is inside. Ugh.

Kssio_Aug

Thanks.

Can I get an invite? KiplingFinch #1522

I can invite you at night, as soon as I get home!
If you want, add me there: KssioAug#1269

Wow, thats awesome! Thats definetely a nice thing to know! Thanks for that hint!!

chrizzz09

It's also the 10% difference in the gems used, put a 125% crit gem in the Kridershot then go to the mystic.

Giggzy

So my gear was already great and decided to try what you had. Oh my god I'm in love, thank you for posting all this.

I want to try this build out when I get home. It's working that well for you two? I'm currently at 580k dps with about 6m Toughness so I'm not sure how feasible it'll be for me. I don't think I have much block, but I do have about 40-45% crit chance.

I would like to get away from using Blessed Hammers. I've also noticed it seems to only hit an enemy once and can be somewhat challenging to aim. The skill is awesome for cursed chests/shrines though. Just stand in the middle and watch them fly and kill everything :p

I still wish the clan limit was 500 so we could put all of GAF into one.

nah.

Imagine the achievement/loop spam if there were 3x or 4x the members there are now. It would look like an active Twitch.tv chat. Hell no man.

Speaking of, how do you disable the popups for people's achievements? They often make my game stutter.

Heavy 4-man vs Elite mob action + achiement/"logged on" alerts = 1 second freeze.

fuck, i must have one.

Giggzy

I just wish we could get some kind of OFFICIAL confimation about Horadric Cache's. Everyone seems to think different things and no one can agree on whether increasing the difficulty does anything or whether the difficulty where they drop affects what is inside. Ugh.

I heard if you hold up + B it greatly increases your chance at catching a Pokemon!

Dreavus

Last night 2 friends and I stomped through Act I bounties on new Crusader characters. The moment we unlocked the horse was far more hilarious than it should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom