• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I want to try this build out when I get home. It's working that well for you two? I'm currently at 580k dps with about 6m Toughness so I'm not sure how feasible it'll be for me. I don't think I have much block, but I do have about 40-45% crit chance.

I would like to get away from using Blessed Hammers. I've also noticed it seems to only hit an enemy once and can be somewhat challenging to aim. The skill is awesome for cursed chests/shrines though. Just stand in the middle and watch them fly and kill everything :p

Your crit is right on the money to support the crit damage buff from laws of valor - critical. Your block should be okay, if your shield has at least 16% on it, you can get the rest from passives. Swap out finery for the one that boosts your block chance when surrounded by 4 targets.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I just wish we could get some kind of OFFICIAL confimation about Horadric Cache's. Everyone seems to think different things and no one can agree on whether increasing the difficulty does anything or whether the difficulty where they drop affects what is inside. Ugh.

Yes, difficulty does.

But it's only when you earn it, not when you open it.

I was pooling horadric caches while leveling my barb and when I hit 70 I popped all of them... There was a bunch of lesser gems from level 60~ which never drop level at level 70.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yes, difficulty does.

I was pooling horadric caches while leveling my barb and when I hit 70 I popped all of them... There was a bunch of lesser gems from level 60~ which never drop level at level 70.

That's because the cube has a hidden level from when you obtained it. I've farmed over 50 boxes on normal and popping them on t6 gets me imperial gems.

As far as I know this is how horadric cache's work.

If you're 44 and you get a box the contents of the box will be for a 44, but the difficulty in which you open it changes the contents relative to its level. Meaning for a 44 you'd get maybe the double triangle gems instead of the other gems. This means that saving all the boxes you get while leveling for 70 is a waste of time.

At 70 farming boxes on normal doesn't affect the quality of the stuff you can get if you open it on another difficulty. So a box you get at 70 on normal opened in t6 will have a chance to drop more additional stuff / gold / imperial gems. It doesn't technically raise the chance of a legendary or the quality, but the over all amount of stuff you get makes opening boxes in t6 worth it.

Xevren

Yay glad to see you're enjoying it!

It's really active so you always feel like you've got a button to push for big numbers.

It really does, I've tried out various builds here and there but this one is by far the most fun and it's really effective too. I was soured on long cool downs so this was just perfect.

Watch this "GIG" guys stream last night. Annoying lil fella but he seemed to suggest the following for best loot runs:

1. Adventure mode: The cemetery area has a red chest that spawn the skeleton king and kitting him is the equivalent of killing the actual boss. There also seems to be a treasure goblin in the area a lot of the time.

2. Story mode: Heart of Sin

3. Use the blood shards and hope it spawns a legendary when you trade them in

Anyone else have any good spots?

Kacho

fuck, i must have one.

Me too. I feel like it's going to be a long while before I find one though. Found a bow drop yesterday but it was for the bow that begins with an E. Can't remember the name.

Because people are dependent on the game being delivered...

Holy shit your avatar is you being Beaker. *mind blown* hahahaha

Also, what does KingKongor do with his life besides play D3 on Twitch? He must be making crazy bucks.

Nete

Watch this "GIG" guys stream last night. Annoying lil fella but he seemed to suggest the following for best loot runs:

1. Adventure mode: The cemetery area has a red chest that spawn the skeleton king and kitting him is the equivalent of killing the actual boss. There also seems to be a treasure goblin in the area a lot of the time.

Manglemaw in act 1 (just before the Skeleton King Crown) and Razorclaw in act 4 (Light of Hope quest, just before talk with Tyrael after the Hell Rifts). They are very easy and fast to farm even on high Torments, and give some pretty nice loot. They are also boring as hell tho.

jost

Neo Member
Amazon's release date delivery was a massive fail so lots of people didn't get the game until 8pm or later. Instead of server problems it was UPS causing failure to play on opening day.

I actually canceled my pre-order through Amazon and went to get it at Best Buy just to get it on opening day

Sigmaah

Manglemaw in act 1 (just before the Skeleton King Crown) and Razorclaw in act 4 (Light of Hope quest, just before talk with Tyrael after the Hell Rifts). They are very easy and fast to farm even on high Torments, and give some pretty nice loot. They are also boring as hell tho.

I did Manglemaw for more then an hour last night and didn't get squat, I got a legendary from a tomb which was ass and that was it. This was on T4. I'll try the other methods and see which one seems like the "best"

Cemetery area as in cemetery of the forsaken or whatever it's called? please tell!

Kade

It's not super amazing or anything but this thing is cool as heck.
GqD3PKO.jpg

LCGeek

formerly sane

The cemetery area is great but so are crypts so I would add that to one, but don't go out of your way too much.

The keep depths
Hell Rifts
Dahlgur Oasis
Rakkis bridge

I tend to view my small grinds as feeding in to one big one depending on my time. Do a one act of the bounty runs on top of a single loot if you can clear fast enough just watch the gold and loot flow in.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's not super amazing or anything but this thing is cool as heck.

the secondary on that seems like it would be more annoying than useful.

The best loot run I did:
1 person in each act at Adventure Mode cleaning all the bounties, helping each other at the bosses, and making doubles when finishing his act. At 40-50 minutes all the bounties are done, you get 5 caches, receive the exp of the finished bounties while youre still in action, and so on. Also, it was fun!
Sadly I managed just once to arrange a full party.

This seems like a lot of fun. If I'm online and see you I'll make a group for this and invite you.

Kssio_Aug

The best loot run I did:
1 person in each act at Adventure Mode cleaning all the bounties, helping each other at the bosses, and making doubles when finishing his act. At 40-50 minutes all the bounties are done, you get 5 caches, receive the exp of the finished bounties while youre still in action, and so on. Also, it was fun!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Did NA just go down for anyone else?

Edit: Managed to get back on and it looks like battle.net is shitting the bed.

Kade

the secondary on that seems like it would be more annoying than useful.

They run away at a pretty slow speed so it's not that bad. I can see it being annoying with proximity/area based attacks and non-homing projectiles but I'm using Spirit Barrage and Zombie Dogs so it's nice.

Shouta

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

Still doesn't show my mystic adjustments but I'm over 500k or so now, I think.

I picked up a piece last night from the new Monkey King set (the gloves) but it wasn't a major upgrade for me because my gloves have attack speed on them. If I got another piece, that would make it a nice trade-off because of the set bonus.

I swapped to Holy from Lightning because WotHF - Fists of Fury is way more powerful than Fists of Thunder right now. the Holy damage up also makes my SSS - pretty much one-hit kill or significantly wound elites on T1 now. So sexy.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Are diamonds in armor better then socketing main stats now?

If you feel you're doing enough damage AR or more stats to deal with health or defensive issues is never bad. You will need it as you get up in difficulty. Damage is about the easiest thing to get when you want it the rest is a little tricky.

Deadly

I just wish we could get some kind of OFFICIAL confimation about Horadric Cache's. Everyone seems to think different things and no one can agree on whether increasing the difficulty does anything or whether the difficulty where they drop affects what is inside. Ugh.
I farm normal with my 70 Wizard. I've opened boxes in normal and T6 and the only difference is that at the Torment levels you get a chance to get imperial gems.

After playing Wiz, Monk, and Crusader at 70, Crusader is super boring. Horse needs to be on a shorter cooldown or none at all and give it a cost. It's pretty much only interesting when Akarat is up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If you feel you're doing enough damage AR or more stats to deal with health or defensive issues is never bad. You will need it as you get up in difficulty. Damage is about the easiest thing to get when you want it the rest is a little tricky.

Alright. I was debating on stacking more toughness because when running t1 I have to use Mantra of Healing + LoH rune. I'll switch to diamonds and see if that improves. Right now there is only two slots for them though.

Here's my monk currently. The sheet toughness is about ~2mill lower than buffed because of my healing.

scy

The best loot run I did:

As far as I can tell from trying these recently, you don't get the completed individual bounties just by being in the game anymore. Just the Event EXP and then the actual cache turn in.

Used to do a lot of these when we needed a ton of fragments to jumpstart a ton of rift runs.

Yes, difficulty does.

Well, the cache snapshot the level it was aquired with, the drop primary stat and quality *seems* to be affected by the difficulty you open it and the chara Who opens them...
Of course the One opening put a cap on level..

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone in US GAF(s), still have a pre 2.0 Dark Mage Shade they can lend me so I can unlock it for transmog?

I've got one, but is this how transmog unlocks? I swear xmog only unlocks on ID.

Either way add me Drilling#1463

I'll be home in like 4 hours, though.

Being in the office when I could be farming rifts is suffering

scy

I've got one, but is this how transmog unlocks? I swear xmog only unlocks on ID.

You just need to pick it up. Whenever we get a new Legendary drop we pass it around so everyone gets the Transmog.

That said, it should just be post-2.0 drops that apply for Transmogs and not legacy drops.

Are there torment only cache legendaries? Or is the loot table for the caches same across all difficulties?

They're not Torment only but there are a bunch of Cache only Legendaries: http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags

scy

The only one I've seen from those caches is Death's Bargain. That effect was useless. It was hitting enemies for like 9000 dmg. Basically tickling them.

A few are nice. Like, the Ring of Royal Grandeur needs to roll Crit Chance or Crit Damage at a high value and then you can roll the LoH into the other to make them into ASPD/CC/CD trifectas. The effect on them goes nicely with all the crafted sets so you can mix and match 3-4 different sets and still get their 3 piece bonuses.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The best loot run I did:

The problem with doing this for loot is that the caches can ONLY give their specific act-separated, cache-specific legendaries. You will never get a Kridershot or a Thunderfury out of a bounty cache, for example.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
As a heads up if any of you have Cox for your internet, don't expect to play today. Looks like they're having their bimontly connection issues with battle.net. The ones cox claims aren't their fault yet only their customers are having connection issues.

Fuck cox -_-

Do pre 2.0 items unlock the transmog skins? That's be pretty cool if they did. I can still craft quite a few of those old legendaries that are otherwise useless.

Pretty sure they do, I have Skorn as a skin and the only Skorn I have is my pre 2.0 one.

Either way add me Drilling#1463

I'll be home in like 4 hours, though.

Being in the office when I could be farming rifts is suffering

Can't be just on ID since then the only transmog gear we would have would be legs. right? I have alot of low level transmog items and only a few legs. Well, we'll see when you get online.

Filth

Question: so rifts and crap When you finish them you get items and that purple currency. The currency is spent at that Npc for random items. Could you get legendaries from him? Next question is sometimes while doing these rifts I get an item I right click. I guess the stash. How are these acquired? I just randomly see them in my inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom