• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Found legendary bracers with the affix "picking up gold grants experience," but it doesn't seem too pronounced, sadly. Still, any free exp is better than nothing. I'm also using legendary gloves with the massacre gold bonus, heh.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
There should be some endless rift mode with no need for keys

How do you clear a rift in 10 min, full group?

I believe rifts do technically go on forever if you never choose to close them. Or so I was told the other day. Not sure about how additional guardians would work though.

Clearing rifts in 10 minutes is a bit of a coin toss but generally if you do it in a group of two and you send each person in a different direction you can do it quickly. Depending on the rift and mob density you can finish a rift in the first floor. There is one that's the graveyard of Act V that I did in like 7 minutes because it was just so densely populated, but then there are others like the one that mimics the lead up to Malthaels room that has like no mobs.

idlewild_

I believe rifts do technically go on forever if you never choose to close them. Or so I was told the other day. Not sure about how additional guardians would work though.

They have a tp stone at the end like you see at the end mini dungeons to send you back outside. Longest one I've seen has been 7 levels (I like the keep clearing if I'm solo.)

I see friends of mine getting legendaries every 5-10 minutes. When I'm in a rift it's like 1 per run if I'm lucky. Am I just unlucky? Or am I doing something wrong.

Your friends are super lucky. Actually, compared to me you are pretty lucky too, did 3+ hours of rifts last night and got 2 legs. q_q

dengatron

some end at 3, some end at 20. rifts are completely and utterly random, and that slows my farm down. getting a dalghur oasis rift with 100 mobs on the entire map is shit, and has happened way more than it should. i like the act 5 graveyard rift, but other than that, they're fairly poor expenditures of time. i have 115 rifts completed, and very few have felt satisfying.

JCizzle

some end at 3, some end at 20. rifts are completely and utterly random, and that slows my farm down. getting a dalghur oasis rift with 100 mobs on the entire map is shit, and has happened way more than it should. i like the act 5 graveyard rift, but other than that, they're fairly poor expenditures of time. i have 115 rifts completed, and very few have felt satisfying.

10 is the absolute cap I think.

Insaniac

Guys, I have so many rings that I honestly have no idea what to equip or re-roll for anymore.

I've been farming with Vitalized Testimony and Ring of Royal Grandeur and switching to the Stone of Jordan on boss fights.

Now with the Oculus, maybe I should use Ring of Royal Grandeur + Oculus on higher difficulties? Should I even re-roll any of these stats? Why can't I get an off-hand to drop :(.

dat soj....

Also, you can't enchant out the elite dmg reduc affix on Oculus for something like crit or Crit damage which sucks. My oculus rolled perf IAS and perf All res and i was gonna use it until I found out that :(

joesmokey

dat soj....

Also, you can't enchant out the elite dmg reduc affix on Oculus for something like crit or Crit damage which sucks. My oculus rolled perf IAS and perf All res and i was gonna use it until I found out that :(
I guess we don't really need to worry about damage reduction then, since the objective is to farm as fast as possible (depending on preference of course)?

The stone of jordan is good, but it's hard to give up 6% crit or 50% dmg. I'm a little weary of re-rolling the vit into crit as I feel I've given up too much vitality already.

Anilusion

7RdFG.png

OMG

Dahbomb

I have never had a 10 rift run. 7 is the absolute highest I have gotten.

They are usually 3-4 on average. Fairly quick in my experience with a group. You have to gauge quickly if a Rift is good or bad... bad ones you just try to find the exit asap while good ones you milk the Rift for what it's worth.

Sometimes when a Rift is good you continue even after the Rift Guardian. Those are the really good and really rare Rifts.

Yeah, you can get bad Rifts too.. but IMO that's not much different than one of those crappy "Kill every enemy in this low density map" Bounty. If you miss an enemy in some dark corner that puts a damper on your runs and speed.

Kssio_Aug

I have never had a 10 rift run. 7 is the absolute highest I have gotten.

They are usually 3-4 on average. Fairly quick in my experience with a group. You have to gauge quickly if a Rift is good or bad... bad ones you just try to find the exit asap while good ones you milk the Rift for what it's worth.

Sometimes when a Rift is good you continue even after the Rift Guardian. Those are the really good and really rare Rifts.

Yeah, you can get bad Rifts too.. but IMO that's not much different than one of those crappy "Kill every enemy in this low density map" Bounty. If you miss an enemy in some dark corner that puts a damper on your runs and speed.

I hate those kill every enemy of the area bounty mission. They should just substitute them by "Kill X enemies", and put a higher monster desity. These are a lot more fun to do.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Another long one that needed its own post:

I do wish that playing on higher torments was more akin to playing the latter acts of Inferno/higher MPs in vanilla where you'd have more higher iLvl drops. iLvl is pretty much gone now though, but what I'd do (saw this suggestion somewhere else) is make the higher torment ticks have an improved chance of rolling better stats just by progressively narrowing the possible ranges upward. So you could still roll a perfect item in Torment 1 compared to Torment 6, it would just be more rare. Quick example: Torment 1 the range on main stat for an item would be 400-600. Torment 6 it would be something like 575-600. (numbers completely made up). Using the mystic would be even more of a gamble on a T6 rolled item, since she'd still give you the full range of rolls (perhaps even lower than maximum drop roll), so you'd have to choose carefully or possibly end up sinking tons of gold/mats.

For that latter example, which could just be applied to the game as is (and might be an interesting addition) - you have the mystic able to get close, but not roll quite as high as the possible dropped range. So say, the range for a stat on the dropped item is 400-515. Mystic would only be able to roll 400-500. So you might get very close to perfect, but not completely without it dropping that way in the first place.

That would give people more incentive to play at higher levels anyway, if they're not grinding paragon levels.

I don't know... I feel like they should find a way to make the mid-game enjoyable too. Because at this point you're also disincentivized from playing multiple characters, because it feels like you are wasting time if you aren't grinding the RNG on your main.

Nugg

I just got my first decent loot, so I'm pretty happy

iEy4h61r1cYfT.png

Maybe I'll try my luck and try to change to vit stat into damage, since I don't feel like I need it

MYE

Today was a good day

IDJ1o1X.png
rzYjD8d.png

Malthael's pants? Wierdest pants ever :D

hva3zDX.png

Mephisto's motherfucking blade, looking badass as all hell!!!
Still need to reroll higher DMG and upgrade the gem.

fwcHn0k.png

Barbs farm T1 Bountys n Rifts faster than any class atm, I stopped playing my Wizard because the amount of people playing them is insane lol

But that means you can potentially share loot easier. If everyone is playing Wiz, and a decent drop comes by and you don't need it, spread the wealth and offer it up!

All wiz all day again and again!

Grampasso

Crit chance is a must.

A few GAF'ers have talked about DH/monk dps itemization and I've been slowly... slowly... working my way there.

Basically you're looking for rings and gloves that have Dex/vit/crit chance/crit damage. Possibly swapping out vit for attack speed if you are so inclined. Amulet same thing.. Big crit chance.

Use the chest, shoulders and legs for defensive stats. Head roll some defense with some crit chance in there.

3 sockets on chest, 2 sockets on legs. socket on each weapon.

Here's my profile. My gloves I rerolled the att speed to crit and I rolled the socket on the xbow. Obviously I have a long way to go. New rings, level 70 amulet, new belt, reroll the armor on my boots, find another high dps 1h xbow to socket, etc.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152
Thanks for the tips! Will treasure them. Too bad my neck roll on crit dmg is low (62 out of 50-100), will reroll in future if I don't find a better one

J0dy77

Got this today solo grinding keys in Act 1. This seems like my ultimate offhand weapon as a sweeping wind monk. Can anyone confirm that it procs with sweeping winds? Want to be sure.

Jkr81jh.png

I'm pretty sure it does after some minimal testing but want to be sure. Don't think I'll replace this for a very long time.

How's the rerolling works?

You get to select one stat from an item, pay some mats and gold and it'll roll one of a set possibility of replacement stats. You can keep the same thing or choose from one of two randoms. You can reroll that same enchant again for 2 more options (each time the gold cost increases a bit). Legendaries require a greater cost than yellows.

The Goat

Got around to installing the game (again) and decided to try Crusader. My buddy hadn't really played much D3 before, so he went with WD. Holy shit we had a good time. Way better than I ever expected. lol I played (mostly) through D3 vanilla, and had an ok time with it, but something never quite felt right. Is Loot 2.0 what has changed my experience this go around? I'm not sure, but the itch to jump back in and play is strong.

Trickster

Today was a good day

Malthael's pants? Wierdest pants ever :D

Mephisto's motherfucking blade, looking badass as all hell!!!
Still need to reroll higher DMG and upgrade the gem.

Just a tip, replace your +dmg gem in the shard of hate with a crit dmg gem. You will gain A LOT of dps by doing it

Instro

Got around to installing the game (again) and decided to try Crusader. My buddy hadn't really played much D3 before, so he went with WD. Holy shit we had a good time. Way better than I ever expected. lol I played (mostly) through D3 vanilla, and had an ok time with it, but something never quite felt right. Is Loot 2.0 what has changed my experience this go around? I'm not sure, but the itch to jump back in and play is strong.

Loot 2.0 among other fixes.

Achtius

Is life on hit useless? I got a legendary ring with 1.5k life per hit but i have 500k life. Should I just reroll it into something useful?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I go AFK for a couple of hours to let the servers cool off and I just got DC'd 80% through a rift, fucking wonderful.

Dahbomb

Is life on hit useless? I got a legendary ring with 1.5k life per hit but i have 500k life. Should I just reroll it into something useful?
1.5 loH is decent but on a Ring you generally want more offensive stats.

I have LoH on both of my weapons plus some life regen. I think I get almost 6K health back per hit. I don't have a lot of health (under 300K) but I have a ton of resistances (1700+ with MoH) so those smaller points of HP mean they are more value per point and easier to get back up.

Trickster

From what I can tell, the healing stats like LoH and Life regen have scaled absolutely terrible from 60 to 70, making them stats that aren't very good or efficient. Personally I'd choose to go for toughness stat over healing stats if you are looking for something to help keep you alive.

Dahbomb

If you have a lot of resistances but low HP then LoH and Regen are very good.

I wouldn't taken them over DPS stats but if it's a choice between Vitality on a weapon or LoH.... I will probably choose LoH.

Achtius

From what I can tell, the healing stats like LoH and Life regen have scaled absolutely terrible from 60 to 70, making them stats that aren't very good or efficient. Personally I'd choose to go for toughness stat over healing stats if you are looking for something to help keep you alive.

1.5 loH is decent but on a Ring you generally want more offensive stats.

I have LoH on both of my weapons plus some life regen. I think I get almost 6K health back per hit. I don't have a lot of health (under 300K) but I have a ton of resistances (1700+ with MoH) so those smaller points of HP mean they are more value per point and easier to get back up.

Thanks. Will probably reroll later :)

eek5

Got this today solo grinding keys in Act 1. This seems like my ultimate offhand weapon as a sweeping wind monk. Can anyone confirm that it procs with sweeping winds? Want to be sure.

Jkr81jh.png

I'm pretty sure it does after some minimal testing but want to be sure. Don't think I'll replace this for a very long time.

SW and its tornadoes have a 0.00 proc coefficient. Sorry dude.

So I'm running melee Wizard and its fucking fun as hell. I do way more damage than my previous Disintegrate build critting for 3 million. My only question is whether I should switch out Energy/Force armor for Diamond Skin and Ray of Frost for Arcane Orb. The former I wouldn't mind but I really don't want to do the latter as I like to be unique and not go for the mainstream Frost Orb builds every wizard uses.

kG9yBlM.jpg

Shouta

SW and its tornadoes have a 0.00 proc coefficient. Sorry dude.

Yeah, thankfully. My screen would old be tornadoes if it wasn't but that sometimes is the case anyway with packs, essence burn and Crippling Wave/WOTHF lol.

I haven't used SW as much outside of combining it with essence burn recently. Mostly have SSS and Epiphany in set slots with the 4th being Mantra. That 3rd slot and my right click swaps around as necessary.

Nokterian

So I'm running melee Wizard and its fucking fun as hell. I do way more damage than my previous Disintegrate build critting for 3 million. My only question is whether I should switch out Energy/Force armor for Diamond Skin and Ray of Frost for Arcane Orb. The former I wouldn't mind but I really don't want to do the latter as I like to be unique and not go for the mainstream Frost Orb builds every wizard uses.

kG9yBlM.jpg

Link to build?

And still getting disconnected here in EU. Goddamn there some huge DDoS attacks going on this isn't fun anymore.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

kG9yBlM.jpg

I ran with Arcane Orb/Orbit rune a bunch as a melee wiz beginning of 2.0. Was tons of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom