• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

I think the best thing they did was to take AH off. At AH time it just felt stupid to do loot runs, if I could just access the AH and buy my stuff. The result of it was that I bought new gear every 5-10 levels. That wasnt funny.

About the BoA, I am not against it. I think its allright, it helps to prevent "3rd" marketing and hacking (since they cant send your items to their acc anymore). Also were able to change the drops that happens at the same group during that match.

Enchantress do a good job at customization and helping you completing your gear stat rolls!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's absurd that this is still how it works :(

Yeah, of all the things RoS got right, gems/socket mechanics are definitely not on the list. They aren't interesting or fun, and they are utterly mandatory on weapons due to emeralds just being stupidly overpowered. It's at least less of an issue now with enchanting, but that's almost just an admission that "yes, emeralds are necessary for weapons, so now you at least have a chance of giving any weapon a socket."

ferr

+Damage% on Weapons does nothing for Elemental Damage rolls.

That's weird, "damage" isn't considered the general category for all damage types? Not sure how that works.. what affix would his weapon need to benefit from +damage%?

scy

I know I'm being a huge douche, but why everyone so obsessed with trying to "fix" no trading / higher torment shit?

I don't care for the trading but Torment has a lackluster reward feedback loop right now in terms of drops (aka, the most exciting part of the loot system for most people). If part of the point of moving up in Torment is to reward you with more of all the rewards (EXP, Gold, Drops), it's lacking the last category right now. It's part of the incentive of moving through the difficulty progression: To get more of the better loot. It's fine if you don't need drops as an incentive but that doesn't mean it's any less valid for others to want it.

My normal group moves up in Torment when our damage is sufficient enough to do without adding unnecessary time. There's no reason not to at that point. It's just that there's not much to the increased drop rate right now. It's not even a case of wanting more drops so to finish getting all the loot faster but more just wanting to see more Legendaries becasue it's fun.

My bigger concern is doing other things to improve playing on higher Torments, though, and finding ways to introduce more drops through that. Like, I'd love to be able to dump more Fragments into a Rift to get Magic Find% in exchange for added non-Damage%/Health% difficulty mods. Having the Legendary crafting mats as rare drops from the Rift bosses. Introduce random Purple enemies into the Rift spawn pool to increase the chance of Legendaries. Stuff like that rather than straight raising the drop rate base for the sake of it.

Yeah, of all the things RoS got right, gems/socket mechanics are definitely not on the list. They aren't interesting or fun, and they are utterly mandatory on weapons due to emeralds just being stupidly overpowered. It's at least less of an issue now with enchanting, but that's almost just an admission that "yes, emeralds are necessary for weapons, so now you at least have a chance of giving any weapon a socket."

Which is frustrating as it kind of forces a lot of Weapons to basically be Damage range + Main Stat + Socket + hope the other thing is cool. And then the Legendary affix.

The same for trifecta stats when you look at some Jewelry too. Great, it guarantees LoH and Regen? Never going to be good. Though I wager this is more a case of how everything is geared towards CC/CD/IAS rolls there.

That's weird, "damage" isn't considered the general category for all damage types? Not sure how that works.. what affix would his weapon need to benefit from +damage%?

Black (non-elemental) Damage. Otherwise it's just rolling on the base range.

Mugaaz

I 100% agree that the leg mat systems right now sucks. I really don't like how it makes you have to farm specific rare purples for rare drops. This is LITERALLY the least fun way to play the game. They could at least add these to the tables of rift bosses and horadric caches.

Shouta

So that monk build was fun with reduced CD and SSS and IS. It just wasn't effective. Respeced my monk and I'm face rolling T2. It sucks the build is rather cookie cutter vac monk, but it's still fun. I dropped dashing strike for IS on elites to get them down faster.

Sucks the profiles are so inaccurate. I'm sitting on 600k DPS unbuffed and 7.5 million toughness. You can see the rad stun fist I found that makes rift bosses a snooze feet. Lol

I've geared in +30% to EP, +28% lightning and another +25% or so to CS. My cyclones do good DPS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

You probably had to sacrifice quite a bit for the reduced COD, at least from the way your gear looks like it was built normally. I'll have to look into myself when I get the chance. SSS is effective for me and I generally faceroll T1 except when it's like a number of bunched up elites.

How do you survive without dashing strike? I do ok soling T1 but I'm trying to figure out a way to open a slot for epiphany for elite mobs but dashing strike is so valuable to get out of sticky situations. I reverted back to my combo strike EP build. Some stuff works far better in groups than solo too.

I almost never use Dashing Strike myself except for the extra distance gained running around on lower difficulties. I use the same strat as I did back in the old inferno days, have enough resis to limit the damage, and punch my way back to full life. I have something like 7.5k loh right 1.2kish All Resistance with about 500k DPS.

Does anyone know of a list of the maximum number of affixes for a given slot? I want to see where I'm missing affixes in my rare gear so I can figure out what to get with blood shards.

+damage% is only really helpful if the weapon is black/physical meaning there is no elemental damage. It's really dumb. I rerolled the +damage on one of my elemental weapons and the dps went down a few points.

Totakeke

Did they fix the drop rate for reaper's fear yet? If not, had anyone have any luck getting one other than the first kill drop?

ferr

Black (non-elemental) Damage. Otherwise it's just rolling on the base range.

Ah I see thanks for the clarification. Kind of lame that an affix is dependent on the existence of another affix, otherwise it's useless. If this is the case, then that's just really silly..

How do you survive without dashing strike? I do ok soling T1 but I'm trying to figure out a way to open a slot for epiphany for elite mobs but dashing strike is so valuable to get out of sticky situations. I reverted back to my combo strike EP build. Some stuff works far better in groups than solo too.

I'm face rolling t2 right now. No need. IS reduces damage from ground effects too. I really only miss DS for things like freeze.

I ran without DS for most of my time playing monk. It was nice for sticky situations, but I mainly used it for mobility between packs.

scy

So it'd be safe to re-roll this stat on any weapon? It doesn't actually affect the weapon DPS? Thanks!

Ah I see thanks for the clarification. Kind of lame that an affix is dependent on the existence of another affix, otherwise it's useless. If this is the case, then that's just really silly..

For what it's worth, I have no idea if this is intentional or a bug.

I'm face rolling t2 right now. No need. IS reduces damage from ground effects too. I really only miss DS for things like freeze.

I ran without DS for most of my time playing monk. It was nice for sticky situations, but I mainly used it for mobility between packs.

hmm I didn't think of that. IS might be what I need to facetank those affixes. Switching skills/testing has been a lot of fun lately.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
RNG is really starting to piss me off.

Outside of that awesome mojo, I have not gotten a single leg for my Witch Doctor that hasn't been a 2Her or a shield. And now this morning after clearing 2 acts worth of bounties and 4 rifts, I have yet to see a single leg.

ffs Its like the game is actively trying to not let me gear up my WD at all. The only legs she has as it is are just hand-me-downs from my wizard. Really getting sick of this shit.

ManCannon

Earning horadric caches in normal and then going into a torment game, equipping as much mf as possible and opening them works as one would expect, right? I got an imperial gem this way back near launch but seems like an exploit they'd be quick to close.

EDIT: Apparently this is being addressed in the next hot fix. So it did/does work as I experienced it but won't for much longer (if not already changed). Ah well at least I got two imperials out of the loophole.
From Battle.net:

Last Updated - March 31st. Items with an asterisk (*) are most recent.

[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]

•Bounty bags now properly ignore Difficulty setting when opened. You can no longer get Imperial Gems or increased gold by opening them on a higher difficulty.*

RNG is really starting to piss me off.

Outside of that awesome mojo, I have not gotten a single leg for my Witch Doctor that hasn't been a 2Her or a shield. And now this morning after clearing 2 acts worth of bounties and 4 rifts, I have yet to see a single leg.

ffs Its like the game is actively trying to not let me gear up my WD at all. The only legs she has as it is are just hand-me-downs from my wizard. Really getting sick of this shit.

I played ALL day yesterday hoping for a nice leg main for my wiz. Didn't sniff one. I swapped to monk last night at the end of my day and my sledge fist drops right away.

hmm I didn't think of that. IS might be what I need to facetank those affixes. Switching skills/testing has been a lot of fun lately.

Health is a more gradual slow loss for methane it used to be. IS slows it enough to escape in time if things start to get hairy.

You probably had to sacrifice quite a bit for the reduced COD, at least from the way your gear looks like it was built normally. I'll have to look into myself when I get the chance. SSS is effective for me and I generally faceroll T1 except when it's like a number of bunched up

Definitely. Paragon points, gem, slots on gear, passive ability. I sacrificed a ton to spam IS and SSS in under 10 seconds.

Earning horadric caches in normal and then going into a torment game, equipping as much mf as possible and opening them works as one would expect, right? I got an imperial gem this way back near launch but seems like an exploit they'd be quick to close.

Yeah, no. Fairly certain that is not how it works.

Kssio_Aug

Is there some preview of the next updates? I wanna know of they intend to change or fix something based on the RNG and legs.

When RoS was launched my Wiz was only droppoing swords too... however now I am dropping everything actually (besides yesterday I've drop only set plans, what is not bad too actually).

scy

I played ALL day yesterday hoping for a nice leg main for my wiz. Didn't sniff one. I swapped to monk last night at the end of my day and my sledge fist drops right away.

~8000 Blood Shards gambled on my Crusader. Zero Legendaries.

10 Blood Shards gambled on my Wizard. Ball of Hate.

;___;

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Adventure mode is a huge disappointment. Rifts are like worse versions of the maps from PoE and you are just going around doing campaign locations ; ;

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Health is a more gradual slow loss for methane it used to be. IS slows it enough to escape in time if things start to get hairy.

Its been like this ever since I switched to WD though. Thats whats really pissing me off. Its not just 1 day of bad luck but the game refusing to give me anything remotely usable -outside of one mojo - ever since I started playing the class

~8000 Blood Shards gambled on my Crusader. Zero Legendaries.

10 Blood Shards gambled on my Wizard. Ball of Hate.

;___;

HA!

Its been like this ever since I switched to WD though. Thats whats really pissing me off. Its not just 1 day of bad luck but the game refusing to give me anything remotely usable -outside of one mojo - ever since I started playing the class

FWIW, I've played 1000 hours on my monk alone and not seen anything like that ammy that dropped for my wiz in the first 20 hours of play on that character. Lol

Anyone seen a set piece yet for their class? I got the belt post patch but pre RoS and not seen shit since.

Tom Penny

I almost never use Dashing Strike myself except for the extra distance gained running around on lower difficulties. I use the same strat as I did back in the old inferno days, have enough resis to limit the damage, and punch my way back to full life. I have something like 7.5k loh right 1.2kish All Resistance with about 500k DPS.

I'm not near 1.2 all resist ( got 2 Inna Pieces but haven't rolled sockets on the pants ) but I can run almost 8k LOH and 20k life per second and can't tank everything. Maybe inner sanctuary is the trick. I will mess with it tonight. Not sure how that helps if your walled in or arcane in a small area. I also like barrage DS as a mini weaker SSS. I don't use cyclone so I can dash in and tag with EP too.

Kssio_Aug

HA!

FWIW, I've played 1000 hours on my monk alone and not seen anything like that ammy that dropped for my wiz in the first 20 hours of play on that character. Lol

Anyone seen a set piece yet for their class? I got the belt post patch but pre RoS and not seen shit since.

None set pieces here! T-T Just set plans.

Silver_key

Neo Member
Adventure mode is a huge disappointment. Rifts are like worse versions of the maps from PoE and you are just going around doing campaign locations ; ;

Speaking of which, I wouldn't be opposed to themed rifts and rift-only affixes for Elites.

I think that with the auction house gone, Blizzard can go buck-wild with how players actually play the game. Loot belongs to looters. Make them go to the roughest, dingiest hellholes and earn it.

Yeah I thought they were supposed to raise the drop rates. I know you're supposed to farm for set pieces, but it seems like the rates are REALLY low right now.

I don't know if I could disagree with a post more than this one. Rifts are rad.

I even like bounties. Though I can't stand splitting up on normal for quick caches. I like some pushback. Efficiency be damned.

Yeah I thought they were supposed to raise the drop rates. I know you're supposed to farm for set pieces, but it seems like the rates are REALLY low right now.

I've only dropped a single set legendary since RoS started. Countless other legendaries. It is kinda odd.

Crafting is a massive waste of time to actively pursue as well. I'll only ever use the crafting mats (the legendary ones) I happen to come across while doing bounties. Farming for specific ones is a hopeless endeavor.

Would be nice to see more set items....

Shouta

Definitely. Paragon points, gem, slots on gear, passive ability. I sacrificed a ton to spam IS and SSS in under 10 seconds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-flow-of-eternity

That'd probably help with it but you'd need to basically build around SSS in this case because it's a Daibo. Socket, LOH (or a huge LpSS) and DEX would be the best roll for this thing. It'd be pretty sick to have.

I'm not near 1.2 all resist ( got 2 Inna Pieces but haven't rolled sockets on the pants ) but I can run almost 8k LOH and 20k life per second and can't tank everything. Maybe inner sanctuary is the trick. I will mess with it tonight. Not sure how that helps if your walled in or arcane in a small area. I also like barrage DS as a mini weaker SSS. I don't use cyclone so I can dash in and tag with EP too.

I've got like 1.2 after OWE and MoH - Time of Need. So I'm sacrificing a bit of potential DPS to survive. I'm working on converting my resists to a single type again so I can swap to other Mantras. I don't use IS personally either btw. SSS, Epiphany are my set skills currently. I swap in Sweeping Wind/Exploding Palm/Dashing Strike/Serenity typically.

Edit: I've gotten a few Monk set pieces. Monkey King and Inna's.

scy

I feel like it has been raised but it's not really a "sweet legendary lootsplosion" level. It's not even really noticeable if you're "only" doing like 3-5 rifts. If you're plowing 10-15-20+ rifts in a session, it's not too uncommon to come out with on average nearly 1 per two runs at T2/T3 since it's so streaky (e.g., I've gone ~5 rifts with no drops and then suddenly 3 + a plan in one). Bumping it up slightly again wouldn't hurt, especially since most the drops will be Chaingmail and Boj Anglers anyway, but who knows. I just feel like Rifts right now are a good idea but need more on top. If not for just plowing through them while on voice chat with people, I'm not sure I'd care that much.

I'm half convinced the Set items don't exist though. I know people have linked them but I think they're lying.

Kssio_Aug

About set pieces I completely aggree. Sometimes I think about the WD benefit of Zunimassa's 4 set pieces... those who have stocked their gear have advantage there, those who need to get all of it will have to play for a long, LONG time, if they want that bonus. It probably applies to everyone who are interested at those bonuses, no matter their class.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/8940832

I'm at roughly 1m dps and I think about 4.5m toughness. Something like that. You can't see the re-rolls, but yea.

I like my set weapon a lot though because I can vault away from the enemy and often they'll fight the illusion/clone. In addition, with having 3 wolves that also draw the attention of the enemy, it's often fairly trivial to create and maintain space between me and my targets. That leads to some fairly comfortable clearing when taking things at a steady pace. Particularly when I get a couple of Sentrys set up (which the orange leg weapon's unique ability greatly helps with).

God Bless that Mystic. She's turned many a piece of gear from loser into winner. My Reaper's Wraps, rings, helm...are a prime example. Actually, every piece my Wiz and DH are wearing have been Mystic'd to great benefit.

What MP are you playing on? T1 killing speed for me is an absolute joke now. Im using a windforce, but not using any generators. The key piece for my build is a Cindercoat. The -27% cost for fire skills is huge along with the passive Blood Vengeance (until I get reapers wraps). CA is great for tighter packs and elites and I use Twin Chacram for room clear or spread out peeps. That is also fire based so it does not suck hatred down. I have + CA damage on my quiver and helm, + fire damage on my bracers, and - cost on my shoulders. I kept the hatred regen on my WF and on my quiver. I also run with the Templar when solo for his hatred regen. I can spam CA over and over although, with my dps I rarely need to. Most packs die in 3-5 shots. Bosses take a bit longer.

Without a Krider or Cindercoat, Im not sure how I would build. Spike traps suck something awful now, RF is great for single target but sucks ass for any kind of aoe. I did try going back to Ele Arrow for abit and just don't like it compared to twin chak. I honestly thing I would stick with twin chak if krider dropped for me unless ball lightning worked well.

Check out my build though, the only skill I change is I will swap out singled out for tact adv when solo so I can zip all over the place. I do have a -5 hatred nat cloak if you want to play with it, just make sure you give it back :p.

It just seems like we should be seeing more from within the clan. I don't really see them being linked much at all either. I'm supposed to farm 4 of these these things.

If I'm only doing 270k dmg on my monk what's a good difficulty to play on solo?

Normal. I took a few hours sunday and did normal bounties and rifts, only picked up rares+ and vendored most (I don't have a big gold reserve). Enchant anything that has only 1 bad roll and use blood shards to improve your worst slot. I got to about 400k DPS doing this. This also got me a lot of gems quickly. I was a bit short on Death's Breath though.

Terra

RoS was a great addon and I've finished it in a couple of hours. But still, another act and some more loot//mechanics/1 more class would be great to have. This game would reach legendary status!

Come on Blizzard. Please bring it!

jkanownik

To help with the difficulty risk/reward issue they could reduce the stat ranges on drops by 5-10% per difficulty level. For example:

Normal - Strength [250 - 400]
Hard - Strength [265 - 400]
Expert - Strength [278 - 400]
Master - Strength [290 - 400]
T1 - Strength [301 - 400]
T2 - Strength [311 - 400]
T3 - Strength [320 - 400]
T4 - Strength [328 - 400]
T5 - Strength [335 - 400]
T6 - Strength [341 - 400]

It would provide a nice little incentive for higher difficulty levels without creating any balance issues.

Kssio_Aug

Normal. I took a few hours sunday and did normal bounties and rifts, only picked up rares+ and vendored most (I don't have a big gold reserve). Enchant anything that has only 1 bad roll and use blood shards to improve your worst slot. I got to about 400k DPS doing this. This also got me a lot of gems quickly. I was a bit short on Death's Breath though.

Wait, what??
You can use blood shards to upgrade a roll???
OMFG, I was thinking I needed to reroll that stat!! T-T

scy

To help with the difficulty risk/reward issue they could reduce the stat ranges on drops by 5-10% per difficulty level. For example:

Maybe but I think ultimately it may be for the best to just increased Item Quantity / Magic Find% instead of fudging with drop quality directly. Then again, people will complain either way possibly :x

Wait, what??
You can use blood shards to upgrade a roll???
OMFG, I was thinking I needed to reroll that stat!! T-T

No, he just meant using Blood Shards to gamble for a better drop for your worst slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom