• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
This leads into my amulet that I found:

Awww yeah. The amulet actually came with the +fire damage, the attack speed, the crit damage, and the crit hit chance. Amazing freakin' rolls. Now, I could've rerolled the fire damage to more fire damage or +str, but I felt the offensive capabilities of this amulet were already off the charts, and rerolled the rather useless +monster experience into some resistances. I am super happy with this amulet.

Oh yeah, try rerolling that resistance into crowd control reduction instead. Should be much more useful overall.

Here's a page that shows what affixes can roll on which slots: http://wireframewebsolutions.com/d3affix/. Edit: I'm seeing a few omissions there. Blind can roll on weapons, for example. Hmm, better keep looking.

Jrmint

Can those boots from the Act 2 bag drop with any primary stat or is it strength classes only. Probably a dumb question but I want to make sure.

On D2JSP, people are doing the runs (as a tanky DH for example) and people pay to join, sit there, watch the map for legendary pings and port to the runner to get the items.

Kind of unrelated but always wondered, as long as you're on the same map no matter how far you are from the legendary it'll still show up on your map as a giant orange star?

DSmalls84

I'm now part of the Scourge Greatsword club

AWXD0Q1.jpg

Welcome Brother! Also found a Scourge yesterday and that aoe proc is amazing!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Kind of unrelated but always wondered, as long as you're on the same map no matter how far you are from the legendary it'll still show up on your map as a giant orange star?

Yup. In fact you dont even have to be around for a leg to drop. You could be in town or anything.

Its actually why I'm not a fan of the whole split bounty thing, because legs can be dropping for you in completely seperate acts and you'd never see it.

BigDug13

By watching things on the other monitor instead of watching the game.

It's mostly because farming all the "hey, cross three zones and search this entire place for one dude it'll be cool" bounties take so much time on my Crusader that it's just not worth it when I need to open somewhere around an infinite number of bags to get the drops I want with the stats I want.

I will get that goddamn -1 Set Ring as a trifecta roll so I can abuse all the crafted sets.

I ended up using Act of Valor that gives me pretty much constant Nephalem 3 to make running around on my Crusader a bit more tolerable when using 2h weapon passive.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

I know it doesn't work when you're on a different map and haven't touched the mob. Porting in after an elite pack kill gives no loot. I guess it would be pretty easy to test. Just have a friend run across the map on normal, kill a pack and then teleport to them (on the same level) and see if you got anything. I'm guessing it must work, otherwise people would have been called out on it.

Man, how do you guys survive in T6 long enough to farm chests? o_O

Completely ignore offense. You don't need to kill anything on those runs.

garath

Man, how do you guys survive in T6 long enough to farm chests? o_O

^^

I tried the opening cache in T6 thing just to see what it was about (left disappointed) but accidentally opened a rift portal (second time I've done that.. they should make a confirmation or something) and figured I'd try it. Took me about 5 min of kiting around to kill 3-4 mobs and I died the INSTANT I saw an elite pack. One hit kill. 4.5mil toughness means like paper to T6 apparently.

God damn. My duo friend monk got this sword last night:

JpKJjen.jpg

It's the biggest dps numbers I've seen so far. Crazy. He's wasted around 6-7 forgotten souls trying to socket it though :(

That's it!? I lost count of how many lvl 70 legendarys I have salvaged for the souls

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Any recommendations on class/skills?

While I haven't personally done those runs yet I have experience doing similar runs in 1.0 D3 vanilla and while it's doable on any class with defensive ability and a speed increase move the classes that always have an easier time doing them are Demon Hunter and Monk because of the frequency of their "oh shit" buttons.

Begaria

ACt 2 bounty bag you say?

Yes, each Act's bounty bags has set legendaries it can drop. Those boots are from the Act 2 Bounty Bag. For anyone interested, the list of bounty bag legendaries:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/21gorc/d3_ros_adventure_mode_bounty_reward_legendary/

I really, really want the Burst of Wrath Legendary 2Handed Axe from the Act 3 bounty bag. I think it fits my build perfectly and will be my end game weapon (here's an example of a Dex based one):

leg-burst-of-wrath1.jpg

Oh yeah, try rerolling that resistance into crowd control reduction instead. Should be much more useful overall.

Here's a page that shows what affixes can roll on which slots: http://wireframewebsolutions.com/d3affix/. Edit: I'm seeing a few omissions there. Blind can roll on weapons, for example. Hmm, better keep looking.

Being a Barbarian, I keep Wrath of the Berserker on my hotbar at all times, which means 20 seconds of being invincible against Crowd Control effects every 2 minutes. I'm pumping points into Cooldown Reduction which sees Wrath up much quicker than usual. With the boots, I can generally avoid Frozen. Crowd Control reduction is pretty cool, but I'd rather just take less damage.

Can those boots from the Act 2 bag drop with any primary stat or is it strength classes only. Probably a dumb question but I want to make sure.

They drop with any of the primary stats, geared towards your class. So if you play a Dex class, it'll likely drop with Dex.

Any recommendations on class/skills?

Wizard.

Passive:Blur, Unstable Anom, Illusionist, UW

Skills: Teleport-Wormhole, Diamond Skin-Sleek Shell, Energy Armor-Prismatic Armor, Mirror Image-Duplicates.

Basically spam DS for the run speed buff, use teleport and MI often cause its gonna get reset as soon as you get hit.

Ourobolus

Banned
While I haven't personally done those runs yet I have experience doing similar runs in 1.0 D3 vanilla and while it's doable on any class with defensive ability and a speed increase move the classes that always have an easier time doing them are Demon Hunter and Monk because of the frequency of their "oh shit" buttons.

Yeah, I was leaning towards my DH since they've got Shadow Power and Vault.

Yup, DH is the best suited for it. Every class has some options, but nothing can keep up with vault with the move speed boost afterward.

Psh. Wizard baby.

Use Mirror Images and Teleport, Passive Illusionist. Diamond Skin: MS rune.

Add in the bracers that give you a run speed buff everytime you break an object.

I'll do this for an hour after class, but 45 minutes of it gave me one leg. RNG and all but I really do not see people avg more than three legs from this per hour. Which is on average one more leg than I would normally get.

scy

I ended up using Act of Valor that gives me pretty much constant Nephalem 3 to make running around on my Crusader a bit more tolerable when using 2h weapon passive.

Helps once you're settled and killing stuff but doesn't do much when you're going from one bounty location to the next.

I've just accepted my DH is best for running bounties currently :(

Figured I'd give Core of Arreat a try. With 14 million toughness, my wizard dies in a few hits on T6. 1 legendary ring on my first try though. Died twice....

Any eu gaffer up for giving my crusader a plevel?
Sitting on 39 atm, qq
Wannabe try it on 70 because the other classes, i've played already @60 (when it was top level 60) but this One is a novelty...

DSmalls84

Figured I'd give Core of Arreat a try. With 14 million toughness, my wizard dies in a few hits on T6. 1 legendary ring on my first try though. Died twice....

After the patch those chests did seem to pop pretty often. Not really shocked people are finding lots of gear at a difficulty that high. Good luck.

Yup. In fact you dont even have to be around for a leg to drop. You could be in town or anything.

Its actually why I'm not a fan of the whole split bounty thing, because legs can be dropping for you in completely seperate acts and you'd never see it.

Wow was not aware of this at all... guess you could go back and check your map on all the way points but probably wastes a lot of time.

arimanius

went to blizz forum to look at some new crusader specs and came away that I should basically quit cause they suck. Anyone have some fun crusader specs to share?

YIKES!

The annoying thing about Jewelry in diablo 3 is that unless it rolls two of the main offensive stats in addition to a mainstat, it's probably going to the dumpster.

The upside to RoS is that getting two + main stat + any primary means you can reroll it into a trifecta, which is awesome.

Lyonaz

I'm glad I found shoulders that make my items indestructible so I can do these T6 Core of Arreat Chest runs without having to pay the repair bills. I'll try doing them on my DH some times.

scy

went to blizz forum to look at some new crusader specs and came away that I should basically quit cause they suck. Anyone have some fun crusader specs to share?

The build I use. Condemn handles pulling things / adds good damage without being a massive cooldown (~20M crits), Zeal is the best Holy damage generator in my opinion, Shield Glare with Zealous Glare works well with Condemn for giving you a full bar of Wrath on demand, and then Fires of Heaven is the best way to dump your Wrath. The Law effectively doubles your damage from the spender and Akarat's is just a nice way to refresh cooldowns, help burn down Elites, and give you an extra bar of health due to the revive.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
My Crusader is currently 62 purely through Adventure Mode. I'm saddened to hear that it's a bit mediocre, but I'm determined to find a god build or two. =)

scy

Personally, I think they're not as bad as people are making it out to be. The build I use is pretty much a Holy variant of DH Cluster Arrow. A 40 Wrath dump that deals 950% WD and a cooldown AoE that deals 1160% (which is a lot worse than Rain, sure). The Wrath regeneration is the big bottleneck but that's what Shield Glare helps compensate for.

Basically every other spender, though, is bad.

ZenaxPure

I have no idea how you guys do those normal bounty runs.

I've been doing them but they are boring as shit. I think I am in a similar boat as you when it comes to play style (I'm doing T3 now because T1 is utterly boring as I one shot most things and T2 is no challenge either) but I really want the set bonus ring from the cache bag. I've basically been doing 29 normal split cache runs when I log on and then actually doing something fun for the rest of the time. It hasn't been too bad since a split bounty is really fast.

On the plus side I am nearing like 700 or so rift fragments, so, I can kind of just do rifts all day which is really awesome. Rifts are pretty much exactly what I wanted from the game, random dungeons are excellent.

Ashodin

The build I use. Condemn handles pulling things / adds good damage without being a massive cooldown (~20M crits), Zeal is the best Holy damage generator in my opinion, Shield Glare with Zealous Glare works well with Condemn for giving you a full bar of Wrath on demand, and then Fires of Heaven is the best way to dump your Wrath. The Law effectively doubles your damage from the spender and Akarat's is just a nice way to refresh cooldowns, help burn down Elites, and give you an extra bar of health due to the revive.

You must have typed this probably 20 times over the past two days

Edit: in NEW build news, I'm thinking about cobbling together a Pet Crusader build with all the soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom