• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wait, what??
You can use blood shards to upgrade a roll???
OMFG, I was thinking I needed to reroll that stat!! T-T

You misunderstand, he means use blood shards to gamble on the slot you need an upgrade the most.

Kssio_Aug

Maybe but I think ultimately it may be for the best to just increased Item Quantity / Magic Find% instead of fudging with drop quality directly. Then again, people will complain either way possibly :x

No, he just meant using Blood Shards to gamble for a better drop for your worst slot.

Oh, I see! Lol Thanks to clarify it!

Wait, what??
You can use blood shards to upgrade a roll???
OMFG, I was thinking I needed to reroll that stat!! T-T

haha no, sorry. You can reroll a stat at the mystic (costs vary, usually crafting staff and death's breath). I meant gamble with blood shards for whatever your worst slot is (belt, helm, etc).

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
To help with the difficulty risk/reward issue they could reduce the stat ranges on drops by 5-10% per difficulty level. For example:

Normal - Strength [250 - 400]
Hard - Strength [265 - 400]
Expert - Strength [278 - 400]
Master - Strength [290 - 400]
T1 - Strength [301 - 400]
T2 - Strength [311 - 400]
T3 - Strength [320 - 400]
T4 - Strength [328 - 400]
T5 - Strength [335 - 400]
T6 - Strength [341 - 400]

It would provide a nice little incentive for higher difficulty levels without creating any balance issues.

I originally really liked this idea but the more I think about it the more hilariously exploitable it sounds.

Put on all your toughness gear and movespeed / CC skills and set the game to t6 and do chest runs for high rolled yellows.

Sure it goes along with the whole "play your way" ideology, but that sounds kinda lame. Especially since it sounds good to do.

I think T6 is fine as at is, I really get the feeling that blizzard balanced the game around most players hitting T3 as end game.

Started with 440k dps 2.6m toughness on my DH two days ago which I made just for quick farming act 2 normal for gloves of worship.

Today he's at 857k dps 5.8m toughness and no gloves of worship... :( And afterwards on to act 3 for Prides Fall. Ahhh it's actually nice having specific things to farm rather than just completely random.

flashbacks to launch Inferno Demon Hunters farming weapon racks

Was about to make this post.

Honestly as my character upgrades, I end up getting bored with efficiency.

I have no idea how you guys do those normal bounty runs.

I think they need better incentive to reach t6, but I'll continue to increase difficulty strictly for the fun factor.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
flashbacks to launch Inferno Demon Hunters farming weapon racks

Yeah the first thing I thought of was actually jar farming in act 1 so I could buy a armor with all resist off the AH since I actually couldn't kill anything fresh out of hell into inferno.

God release diablo 3 was a horrifying place filled with exploits since the game on inferno was borderline unplayable.

When people found out about way point glitching and having tyrael kill things for you in act 4 I was so happy!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
To help with the difficulty risk/reward issue they could reduce the stat ranges on drops by 5-10% per difficulty level. For example:

Normal - Strength [250 - 400]
Hard - Strength [265 - 400]
Expert - Strength [278 - 400]
Master - Strength [290 - 400]
T1 - Strength [301 - 400]
T2 - Strength [311 - 400]
T3 - Strength [320 - 400]
T4 - Strength [328 - 400]
T5 - Strength [335 - 400]
T6 - Strength [341 - 400]

It would provide a nice little incentive for higher difficulty levels without creating any balance issues.

I like it.

scy

By watching things on the other monitor instead of watching the game.

It's mostly because farming all the "hey, cross three zones and search this entire place for one dude it'll be cool" bounties take so much time on my Crusader that it's just not worth it when I need to open somewhere around an infinite number of bags to get the drops I want with the stats I want.

I will get that goddamn -1 Set Ring as a trifecta roll so I can abuse all the crafted sets.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Tip of the day:

Change your screenshot hot key to Ctrl+PrintScreen and you'll get the item affix ranges on your screenshots more easily. (still need to ctrl-click linked items, but it helps a ton for mousing over stuff and taking a screenshot without having to send the link to yourself)

Iryx

So I heard that the T6 Arreat Core Chest Runs were giving lots of legendarys, and decided to try it out, and it was pretty crazy, this is my haul for about three hours of runs.

Mugaaz

I feel like it has been raised but it's not really a "sweet legendary lootsplosion" level. It's not even really noticeable if you're "only" doing like 3-5 rifts. If you're plowing 10-15-20+ rifts in a session, it's not too uncommon to come out with on average nearly 1 per two runs at T2/T3 since it's so streaky (e.g., I've gone ~5 rifts with no drops and then suddenly 3 + a plan in one). Bumping it up slightly again wouldn't hurt, especially since most the drops will be Chaingmail and Boj Anglers anyway, but who knows. I just feel like Rifts right now are a good idea but need more on top. If not for just plowing through them while on voice chat with people, I'm not sure I'd care that much.

I'm half convinced the Set items don't exist though. I know people have linked them but I think they're lying.

I have a firebird's talons with 750int, 8.5 crit, 49% cd, and 7IAS =p

So I heard that the T6 Arreat Core Chest Runs were giving lots of legendarys, and decided to try it out, and it was pretty crazy, this is my haul for about three hours of runs.

Elaborate, I would like to know more.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Listen here kid, you're going to spill the beans and tell me exactly what you're doing so I can do it before it gets nerfed.

SPILL

THE

BEANS

please :D

FWIW I got 2 pieces of my set (Marauders) in 24hrs so my opinion of the drop rates is much better. As always, RNG can be a bitter sweet experience.

scy

Pretty sure you're lying. They don't exist~!

Listen here kid, you're going to spill the beans and tell me exactly what you're doing so I can do it before it gets nerfed.

SPILL

THE

BEANS

T6 Core of Arreat, pop all the chests, reset game. It's new age weapon rack farming.

SPILL

THE

BEANS

1. Set game diff to T6
2. Zone to Core of Arreat
3. ???
4. Profit

??? in this case is ignoring the enemies and only opening chests and moving as fast as you. Clear the Core, exit game, rinse repeat. The core is pretty small, so I would imagine this would get boring pretty damn quick.

DSmalls84

Pretty sure you're lying. They don't exist~!

T6 Core of Arreat, pop all the chests, reset game. It's new age weapon rack farming.

We have known about it since the last patch for the most part. I thought about doing this some more, but the caches are so easy and have exclusive gear.

scy

Worth noting this is part of the reason why Rifts don't lootsplosion Legendaries all that often: Less breakables / chests typically and those have the really good drop chances.

We have known about it since the last patch for the most part. I thought about doing this some more, but the caches are so easy and have exclusive gear.

Yeah, it's just an extension of how the loot system works really.

Raticus79

Yup, definitely not my thing.

It's not rocket science. You farm chests and piles in Core of Arreat on T6. MF% optional.

Meanwhile, slaughtering things in T4 rifts gives about 3 or 4 in the same time frame. Reward in this game is so badly messed up.

Oh well, time for me to bite the bullet and try those out for a while.

The trick is to have a tanky, high speed character and forget about DPS. Killing anything is just a waste of time.

On D2JSP, people are doing the runs (as a tanky DH for example) and people pay to join, sit there, watch the map for legendary pings and port to the runner to get the items.

DSmalls84

Might be worth going back to if I can find a Crusader helm though lol. Have not seen a single leg helm, shield or boots at any level. I have found 4 rings and 3 weapons in the last 2 days though.

So this totally happened... was super happy that a Shard of Hate dropped as I'd been reading about how awesome the proc was. Tried 5 times to roll a socket and failed, then maybe about 15 minutes later while doing a bounty the Thunderfury totally dropped from a random chest in a cellar in Act 2. RNG gonna RNG, but I'm super happy right now!

nPewrdY.png

Dreavus

Meanwhile, slaughtering things in T4 rifts gives about 3 or 4 in the same time frame. Reward in this game is so badly messed up.

The trick is to have a tanky, high speed character and forget about DPS. Killing anything is just a waste of time.

On D2JSP, people are doing the runs (as a tanky DH for example) and people pay to join, sit there, watch the map for legendary pings and port to the runner to get the items.

Oh man. That's some Guildwars 1 Cathedral of Flames shit right there.

Amneisac

I don't really get the farming runs and stuff. It's like, you just do some mindless repetitive thing over and over again like Core of Arreat runs, or Manglemaw or whatever to get gear. So then you get gear - now what? I just play the game in a way that's fun to me (campaign, bounty, rifts, whatever) and then as I get gear it makes playing the game more fun - cool! I got a new legendary that adds 18% to XYZ damage I'll have to try that build!

To me just doing mindless shit for better loot isn't fun, and it also means that you won't have fun when you have all the best gear because then you won't have any reason to play the game anymore.

I don't know, certainly to each his own, I just don't get it.

Kssio_Aug

Probably I cant do it with my Wiz with 4,5m toughness then! T-T
Maybe if I set the teleport skill?

Vossler

So what's the baseline toughness/DPS for T2.....my DH is sitting on 800K DPS and around 4.5 mil toughness.....I'd assume I need more of both to efficiently farm it? I would be doing it in a group, more than likely, not solo.

Tom Penny

I've got like 1.2 after OWE and MoH - Time of Need. So I'm sacrificing a bit of potential DPS to survive. I'm working on converting my resists to a single type again so I can swap to other Mantras. I don't use IS personally either btw. SSS, Epiphany are my set skills currently. I swap in Sweeping Wind/Exploding Palm/Dashing Strike/Serenity typically.

Edit: I've gotten a few Monk set pieces. Monkey King and Inna's.

I might try to swap out DS for Epiphany fire rune. Use combination strike with WOHF and Crippling wave fire rune that is like 200% fire damage and see how it is spamming crippling wave for 15 seconds straight. Epiphany with LTK is crazy.

So this totally happened...
nPewrdY.png

So Jelly..I'd do a backflip with one of them. Shard if hate is incredible. Heard it is nuts running whirlwind Barb.

Kssio_Aug

I have 5 mill toughness and have a hard time in T3, T4 would be impossible unless you run clones with point of no return domes

Damn! T-T
I will see tonight if the clan would like to do that run, probably with 3-4 together it becomes a little bit easier. I hope so!

I might try to swap out DS for Epiphany fire rune. Use combination strike with WOHF and Crippling wave fire rune that is like 200% fire damage and see how it is spamming crippling wave for 15 seconds straight. Epiphany with LTK is crazy.

Epiphany with Tempest Rush is even crazier. I can't imagine a full CDR stack with those two running.

Begaria

Man, Reaper of Souls is a blast. My Barbarian thus far:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Begaria-1359/hero/6395374

For some weird reason, the Armory hasn't updated the rerolls I've done on some of that gear. My character sheet Damage is like 498k, not the 466k shown on the Armory.

About a 1/3 of my gear I'm still working on including my shoulders, my rings, my leggings (Depth Diggers currently, which are just "ok") and my weapon. However, I think I'm honestly good on the rest of my gear (give or take the helm) for the build that I'm working on. Here's the neat stuff I've found thus far:

My quadfecta offensive gloves (super good rolls, nailed the 10% crit chance on my first reroll):

This super neat Barb belt:

At first the Belt might not seem great to the untrained eye, but this belt basically makes War Cry into two skills and two runes: it combines Sprint/Forced March right into War Cry. So my War Cry (with the rune I've got) does this: 20% armor, +10% life, +8200 life regen, 1% maximum life regen, +38% movement speed for 10 seconds to everyone in the group. It's ridiculously versatile. Add in the cooldown reduction I'm pumping paragon points into, and I currently only have to wait "8 seconds" (20 cooldown - 10 how long it lasts - 2 cooldown reduction = 8 seconds) to keep the speed up.

My helm:

All around good stats. Super high str/vit, max AR on it, and rerolled to 5% crit chance on my third try. I could keep rerolling to 6% crit chance, which I'll do, eventually when I get a stockpile of Forgotten Souls. I'm sure there are neater helmets in the game, but I haven't checked out the Game Guide too carefully yet.

Oh man, my awesome chest piece!

Cindercoat used to fucking suuuuuuuuuck. Let me tell you how awesome it is now. Not only did I get this on my first time killing Mathael, but this damn thing is everything I'm centering my build around. +% fire famage, and +%reduction in fire skills is amazing. The Str/Vit and rerolled to triple sockets is icing on the cake. Everything I'm chasing now is +fire damage and +skill damage on the skills I've put fire damage to.

This leads into my amulet that I found:

Awww yeah. The amulet actually came with the +fire damage, the attack speed, the crit damage, and the crit hit chance. Amazing freakin' rolls. Now, I could've rerolled the fire damage to more fire damage or +str, but I felt the offensive capabilities of this amulet were already off the charts, and rerolled the rather useless +monster experience into some resistances. I am super happy with this amulet.

By far the neatest thing I've found so far are these boots though:

GAME. FREAKING. CHANGING. If you don't have these boots (drops from Act 2 Bounty Bag), get them. Like, right now. Being able to just walk right through enemies is the most ridiculous thing in the game. No longer am I ever trapped by anything. I can just walk right into packs and rend everything for massive life regen (bloodthirst rune). Wallers do almost nothing now, if I have a way out. Getting surrounded means nothing since I can just walk right out of the pack. These are my "forever" boots. That affix is just...oh man, it's just so god damn good.

Reaper of Souls is amazing.

Raticus79

Nice, lots of solid barb stuff!

If you get the bracers that spawn globes on blind (Promise of Glory), you'll be set for globes too.

I got that belt on my barb, but it was only a 30% boost. Great to know it can go higher.

You knew shit like this was going to happen when they shifted loot away from mob's to chests/breakables. It was a shit decision then and its a shit decision now. Guess what is going to happen? They are going to nerf chests and breakables and not revert the change. Overall we are just going to get less loot.

Side note, did this for 30mins got one leg. RNG is RNG, doesn't change the fact that they are going to adjust this.

Came back to the game after a long time.

What do I get from Neph Rifts that I don't get just playing normal (besides heart palpitations)?

I have like a hundred of the keystones, but I see no reason to use them.

lt519

Well I got my binge playing in this weekend. Rolled through torment 2 Act V no problem and have all level 70 gear plus some legendaries and set items. Pretty much back to a grind for legendaries and crafting materials so I can use the mystic to get my critical abilities up.

Did three acts worth of bounties and a rift run. The rift run was actually great gameplay fighting multiple elite mobs and champions at once.

Time to go back to Infamous. I'll come back in a few months for another binge, but it's just the same old Diablo III. (It was still worth the purchase, got a good 15 hours in before getting maxed out as far as I care to be)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You knew shit like this was going to happen when they shifted loot away from mob's to chests/breakables. It was a shit decision then and its a shit decision now. Guess what is going to happen? They are going to nerf chests and breakables and not revert the change. Overall we are just going to get less loot.

I just hope the don't nerf cursed chests. Those should always feel rewarding, even though I'm pretty sure come to think of it I've only seen 1 legendary out of them.

Ashodin

GAME. FREAKING. CHANGING. If you don't have these boots (drops from Act 2 Bounty Bag), get them. Like, right now. Being able to just walk right through enemies is the most ridiculous thing in the game. No longer am I ever trapped by anything. I can just walk right into packs and rend everything for massive life regen (bloodthirst rune). Wallers do almost nothing now, if I have a way out. Getting surrounded means nothing since I can just walk right out of the pack. These are my "forever" boots. That affix is just...oh man, it's just so god damn good.

Reaper of Souls is amazing.

ACt 2 bounty bag you say?

garath

God damn. My duo friend monk got this sword last night:

JpKJjen.jpg

It's the biggest dps numbers I've seen so far. Crazy. He's wasted around 6-7 forgotten souls trying to socket it though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom