• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

So what's the baseline toughness/DPS for T2.....my DH is sitting on 800K DPS and around 4.5 mil toughness.....I'd assume I need more of both to efficiently farm it? I would be doing it in a group, more than likely, not solo.

i have 700k buffed DPS and 15 million toughness, and can nearly tank anything elites throw at me.. uh if thats any help to you

edit: in torment 2, derp

BashNasty

I'd still like a way to dump more Fragments into better Rifts. Would be a nice way to reintroduce Magic Find to the game.

The thing to worry about there is that if spending more shards increased the drop chance in rifts, spending more shards would quickly become the only viable option.

What I would like to see is rift modifier items drop. These would be one time use items that you could apply to a rift to change it's properties. Things like increasing gold find in the rift by 50 percent, doubling the number of elite packs in a rift, doubling the number of shrines you find and so on. These drops could have the same levels of rarity as other items in the game, with blue rift modifiers giving small things like extra gold find, and legendary modifiers doing things like guaranteeing a treasure goblin rift.

Given that opening a rift could already use of confirm option, it would be really easy to let you slot in a couple modifiers at the same time.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'd like to see an additional use for Blood Shard, like maybe you can substitute a forgotten soul for 150 blood shards when using the Mystic or when crafting. I mean if you're farming rift's you're gonna get a soul at least 1 in 3 rifts at T1 anyways and with a cap of 500 blood shards it's not that exploitable I don't think.

Side tangent:

I'm starting to think Zeal is an awful rune for Slash unless you're stacking holy damage or something, because having bigger range gets more use in big fights and the 20% crit chance one has a lot more power behind it. That being said, by the time you hit 5% attack speed on the stacks you're probably almost wrath capped so it's not like it's really helping all that much, and 5% attack speed doesn't really help on any other attack besides Slash and maybe sweep attack? 5% attack speed on a 1.15 speed weapon is like almost nothing, you can barely even feel it unlike with frenzy on barbs.

ferr

I'd like to see an additional use for Blood Shard, like maybe you can substitute a forgotten soul for 150 blood shards when using the Mystic or when crafting.

I mean if you're farming rift's you're gonna get a soul at least 1 in 3 rifts at T1 anyways and with a cap of 500 blood shards it's not that exploitable I don't think.

Or just add 1x Forgotten Soul for 150 blood shards to the blood shard vendor.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How do you guys have near 700k DPS? My mage doesn't even have 300k and I already have a few lvl 70 legendaries, and a bunch of good lvl 70 rares. Is it just rerolling every items to get main DPS stat/attack speed/crit chance/crit damage and using the best gems or what? I'm still using Marquise gems because upgrading them is ridiculously expensive and I only have 7 millions gold.

Outside of the challenge/risk of losing your character, what is the benefit to playing on the highest difficulty?

I'm loving the story/adv mode on Master. Get a decent amount of Legendary drops. Yesterday, with about 4hrs of play, I got about 6 legendary drops.

fedexpeon

Banned
I stopped doing T6 Core because running around and resetting was getting boring.
I switched to T1 and killing stuff instead.
Place is so short and with a lot of elites+end boss.
Got 3 legendaries from just spamming T1 core for 1hr.
Not bad tbh.

Kunan

The loot while leveling vom 60-70 is just shit.
Running it in Torment 1 when the expo released, I found that dick all dropped until just before I hit lvl 70.. and then items finally started dropping with upgrades. The curve seems really broken for those 10 levels.

Zeliard

Outside of the challenge/risk of losing your character, what is the benefit to playing on the highest difficulty?

Ostensibly for the higher percentage of legendary drops and greater XP, but most choose to play on lower Torment levels for efficiency. Higher Torment levels may have higher drop rates, but if you're killing those mobs far more slowly then there's really no point in bothering.

Dahbomb

Why don't people just spam the areas in Act 5 that have a shit ton of armor/weapon racks? Seems like those would be great Legendary find areas especially if you want a particular Armor or weapon.

Blood Shards used to give Greater Horadric caches for 100 shards. No idea why they removed it.

How do you guys have near 700k DPS? My mage doesn't even have 300k and I already have a few lvl 70 legendaries, and a bunch of good lvl 70 rares. Is it just rerolling every items to get main DPS stat/attack speed/crit chance/crit damage and using the best gems or what? I'm still using Marquise gems because upgrading them is ridiculously expensive and I only have 7 millions gold.

Lots of crit \ crit dmg. Beyond that, crap tons of INT. Some IAS as well.

My crit rate is 61% with 461% crit dmg. DPS is 1,000,000 with magic weapon and energy armor active.

ibv8tCK1YWH3Ul.png

With that ring, I see it rolls always primary stat, attack speed and LPH, and 2 random properties.

Can I reroll LPH or IAS, or I can only reroll the last random property?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yes and can be spammed with no enemies around and still spawn fetishes and hits more than 1 enemy at a time.

Spirit Barrage doesn't spawn fetishes at all, also. And since fetishes are awesome, firebats is best.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Should I be rerolling any of these stats when i get the materials?
Really not sure what I should be prioritizing.

uW4bJJJ.png

Reroll the life on hit to a socket, life on hit generally feels a bit worthless in RoS. Though if you absolutely must have it reroll the vit into a socket. The move speed is a cool bonus and should be kept if you can.

Dawg

You start the game. Adventure mode is the meat of the expansion, story mode is only the appetizer.

Somewhat true, but you still have to reach lvl 70 until the real game starts.

There's no worse feeling than seeing cool legendary drops on a sub lvl 70 character :p

Should I be rerolling any of these stats when i get the materials?
Really not sure what I should be prioritizing.

uW4bJJJ.png

Movement speed, you can reach max MS with paragon points, although no primary stat really sucks. If you dont have anything better then reroll.

If you cant reroll MS (some stats cant be rerolled), then vitality, LPH is more usefull to survive than bigger vitality.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Spirit Barrage doesn't spawn fetishes at all, also. And since fetishes are awesome, firebats is best.

Fetishes are fantastic and I'm glad they made that playstyle viable.

I've been trying out rain of toads with pyrogeist as an alternative for mana-free fetish generation on the go. You stack three fire throwers and then rain toads for six seconds. It's an interesting alternative to vampire bats. The damage from the skill itself is lower, in exchange for being able to reposition freely. I think the fetish generation is pretty close. I'm not sure pyrogeist adds many of them - need to test to see how much of a difference it is.

Re: above - yeah, always reroll movement speed when you have that option.

FtHTiny

Did anyone get the gloves of worship the last 2 days. I got 8 shields and 4 cloaks and no gloves at all. It´s getting really frustrating.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Movement speed,

You know, I was originally thinking movespeed as a good roll but I don't think you can roll movespeed into a socket can you? I thought it only rolled into weird stuff like chill on hit type effects and maybe ability boosting damage stuff.

I could be wrong though.

Did anyone get the gloves of worship the last 2 days. I got 8 shields and 4 cloaks and no gloves at all. It´s getting really frustrating.

NOPE. I made a DH and went full out speed running with vaults collecting these act 2 caches and NO gloves of worship. Did a session of split farming and nothing too today!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
You know, I was originally thinking movespeed as a good roll but I don't think you can roll movespeed into a socket can you? I thought it only rolled into weird stuff like chill on hit type effects and maybe ability boosting damage stuff.

I could be wrong though.

Move speed counts as a primary affix, so it can be rerolled into a socket for items that can have sockets. (if there are items that have 4 primaries + move speed, those could actually be BIS)

I could be wrong though.

no, movement speed is a primary stat. thats why most people will tell you to spend 50 paragon points on MS, and then you can get boots without that awful stat. Its better to get something that gives you damage or thoughness on boots or any other slot.

the thing is, some legendaries dont let you reroll some stats.

Ragnaroz

Yeah I agree. It's really weird now, I actually get bummed out any time movement speed is on one of my items. Wasted stat!
Movement speed is anything but a wasted stat, unless you're Paragon level 200+, that is. It just helps you do anything 25% faster, which is a lot.

scy

Worth noting that if you have two options to roll off, keeping MSPD at least saves somewhere around 50-60 points in your main stat for Paragon purposes. If that's something worth considering, anyway.

Svafnir

So I opened 100 Horadric Caches in a row today, it was awesome.

You can find a video of me opening them and pictures of the items at this link.

But here is what I found.

• 14 Legendary Items
  • 177 Rare Items
  • 10 Magic Items
  • 316 Reusable Parts
  • 261 Arcane Dust
  • 28 Veiled Crystal

209 Marquise Gems Total

• 45 Marquise Amethyst
  • 43 Marquse Emerald
  • 29 Marquise Topaz
  • 60 Marquise Diamond
  • 32 Marquise Ruby

The Rest

• 180 Nephalem Rift Keys
  • 33 Blood Shards
  • 131 Health Potions
  • 691,332 gold

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Do completed Bounties in adventure mode reset after a set time? Did 2 of them but I am too tired right now to go for the other 3 and claim the loot cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom